Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple logos

I do fulfillment for multiple companies. I would like to be able to either select a different logo for each label OR opt to have no logo on the label. On a case by case basis, as labels are printed, without having to go into account management.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hi! Thanks for bringing this up! The way to do this would be to create a new manual ShipStation store for each of your clients. Each store you set up will have its own branding components (including logo). If you reach out to our team from the help center (help.shipstation.com), we’ll be able to walk you through what it would mean to have that set up!

2. return address different than ship from address

At times we ship on behalf of others and need to have s different ship from address than the return address printed on the label.

We physically ship from San Diego - zip 92131, But, for example, the return address on the label may be some seller in Ohio. Need to create label with shipping rate from 92131.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Multiple Package Presets

It would be helpful to be able to use the presets for packages when having Multiple Packages, vs having to enter dimensions each time. You can have preset packages for single package shipments, why not multiple package shipments.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. captcha

Having CAPTCHA impacts our workflow can we have an option to stay logged in and bypass this feature? We fulfill for a couple of companies and each uses their own shipstation, which can be a hassle in itself anyway. So having to find pictures to quickly log in makes this feature a hassle.

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, thanks again for letting us know about your experience with reCAPTCHA. We’ve recently made improvements based on your feedback. You should not see the prompt multiple times per day. If you continue to see this, please reach out to our support team at help.shipstation.com so we can better understand what you’re seeing.

To reduce the likelihood you’ll see the prompt, use the same web browser daily without ad-blockers or private browsing.

5. default packing slip

The default packing slip should be editable or a custom packing slip should be able to be set as the default slip. Switching every order individually or as a bulk action is an added unnecessary step and can pose an avenue for an easily made mistake when there is consistently rotational labor using the application.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow custom column width to save and not revert back EVERY TIME YOU REFRESH!

It's absurd that you have to adjust column widths every single time you refresh the page or load your ORDERS page. Like any modern software, it should save your changes rather than reverting back to defaults every single time you refresh or load the ORDERS page.

Please allow for custom column widths to save and remain saved!

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @VC, thanks for bringing this up! Columns are supposed to keep their size and position when you leave the page. I was able to test this for the Orders page and found the column sizes saving.

I recommend trying to adjust your columns in a different web browser—this will let us know if what you’re seeing is unique to a specific browser. If that doesn’t work, let us know here and we’ll take another look!

7. Mobile App Keyboard Gets In The Way When Trying To Create A Label

Just some feedback on the mobile app. It's rather cumbersome to get the keyboard to go away or to jump to the next field when trying to enter shipping information while creating an order.

The keyboard covers the weight and dimensions so you have to enter the weight, then kinda scroll up and down to get the keyboard to go away. You then have to do the same thing for each of the 3 dimensions. I'm guessing it's the type of field that prevents to navigation arrows from appearing that let you switch between fields while the keyboard is engaged.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. it would be great if manually entered addresses (Manual Orders) were automatically imported into the customer database.

it would be great if manually entered addresses (Manual Orders) were automatically imported into the customer database. This way when I manually ship to the same person in the future their address will auto populated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Send NEW Tracking Info After a VOID'd Shipment.

I wish there was a feature where customers would get a notification with an updated tracking label.

I've had to VOID shipments and my customer gets a notification that her order was cancelled but when I use her same order to make a new label, she doesn't get a notification that her order was re-shipped.

I hope you choose to change this in the future, I know many people would appreciate it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thanks for bringing this up! When you create any labels (the first label you make or any additional ones after), as long as your shipment notification email is set your customer should be receiving an email.

Here’s where you can check if all of your orders for a store is sending shipment notifications: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205901608

Let us know here in the product feedback forum if this helps!

10. include both "ship to" and "sold to" info at top of Orders page

it would be helpful to include both "ship to" and "sold to" information at the top of the Orders page, since different "ship to" and "sold to" information indicate a gift, in which case we have to use a different shipping label process for those orders. the way it is currently set up, that information can only be seen when manually clicking on each order

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Helene,

Thank you for your feedback. We actually have this functionality in the app now. Your account has the Recipient Column on the Orders grid, looks like you will need to enable the Buyer Column as well.

If you are using Version 2 you can add the Buyer Column by selecting “Columns” in the upper right corner of your Orders Grid then checking the Buyer option. If you are in Version 3 (V3) select View, next to the filter bar, then “Edit Columns.”

Once you check the Buyer option you can rearrange your columns by Clicking and dragging the columns to their preferred order.

Please reach out to support if you have any additional questions, we would be happy to assist.

11. top seller breakdown on phone app

Love the phone app since it allows me refresh and see how many orders are coming through.... it would be very helpful if i can also see which items are selling the most from those orders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @melody2! Thanks for taking the time to share this with us! You can see your best selling products on ShipStation Mobile.

Open up your app, go to the “Insights” page, and you’ll see 3 pages across the top or bottom of your screen depending on what kind of phone you’re using—“Overview”, “Operations”, and “Sales.” You’ll want to head over to “Sales” and scroll to the bottom of the screen for this information.

12. I am looking for an option to print the shipping label and relevant packing slip on consecutive 4 x 6 labels.

i want to print the printer to print the packing slip followed by the relevant label. We put the packing slip in the shipping box and the shipping label is on the outside of the box but its much more efficient if the packing slip is printed one after another with the shipping label

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add support for Australia Post eParcel "Parcel Post Wine + Signature" service

Hi,
    Australia Post (eParcel) has a charge code (aka "Service" inside ShipStation's Account Settings | Shipping | Carriers & Fulfillment | Shipping Options) called "Parcel Post Wine + Signature"

This service is similar to Regular eParcel, so to ship a product we might choose either regular eparcel, express post eparcel, or parcel post wine + signature.

Currently ShipStation does not provide support for the "Parcel Post Wine + Signature" service.

It would be great if ShipStation Developers could add in support for the "Parcel Post Wine + Signature" service. My business cannot ship from within ShipStation without this service enabled.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Packing Slips Pg.2 Cont'd...

I prefer to print my Shipping Label & Packing Slips on the same sheet of paper, however...

I noticed that if the Packing Slip Line Items exceed what can fit on a standard sheet of printing paper, it simply gets cut off...

Reached out to ShipStation Support and they said there is no way to make it so the excess content of the Packing Slip continues to print on a 2nd page.

ShipStation Support recommended I request that feature added, here on this forum, so...here I am! fingers crossed

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! Thanks for sharing this with us! Please reach out to our support team to have this setting turned on for you. I see you last spoke with our team here and I’ve let them know how to handle it.

15. DPD local

Although DPD and DPD local are part of the same group, DPD Local is the largest direct to consumer and in our experience provide by far the best rates and service compared to other carriers we have used in the past. Intergration with DPD local would by far make ShipStation a far more poplar platform here in the UK.

67 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Automation Rule for Filtered View

I have mulitple locations and woould like to be able to save a filtered view and then set an automation rule for each location that uses a saved filter to show that location only thier orders. I need them to still be able to use Search to find othe rlocations orders if needed.

So again

• Save Filtered View

• Set an Automation Rule for a location to use the saved filtered view

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. notify low inventory for a specified threshold number for each product

ShipStation currently has the option to get an alert when the inventory goes below specified number. But that number is for all products. I need a specific number for each product as some products sell faster than others.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Scan to Print Not Working for carriers without rates

Scan to Print only works with shipping services that return a real time rate through the API. So shipping services such as DHL via Endicia, Globegistics, UPS MI, Asendia, etc. cannot be used with the Scan to Print service. As 90% of all our packages are sent via DHL/Endicia or Globegistics, this functionality is completely useless for us. Please fix this.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. GDPR compliance?

I'm inquiring to see how we can delete customers and orders (a complete deletion). We need a way to delete customers from the EU territories at request beginning May 25th as per Article 17.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. new carrier intergration dpd

is there any chance you can add dpd as a carrier thanks

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)