Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Purolator

Canadian Branded Tracking Page that works with Purolator Courrier.

This is a feature I want. Not having it impacts our workflow, and does not allow our customers to visually track their package.

The Purolator tracking links do not have our branding and having it would improve your workflow.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hi @Robert McJannett pispeedshops, thanks for sharing this with us! The branded tracking page should work for Purolator and I’ve addressed this with the person you talked to about this.

If you have any other questions, please head on over to help.shipstation.com and press the “Contact Us” button!

2. Ship from location defaults to store I am shipping from

I have several stores and would like to know if there is a way that when I click on an order it automatically shows its being sent from that store. Many times I forget to change the ship from location and the store the item was purchased in shows ( to the customer ) it was sent from a different store/location.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thanks for sharing! You can do this by using automation rules.

Head on over to settings and then automation rules. You’ll set up rules to say “If the store equals… then set ship from location”.

This way, every time an order imports from a specific store, your automation rules will automatically set that up for you so you don’t need to do it every time! If you have questions, please reach out to our folks here at support@shipstation.com

or take a look at our help article here: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004016752

3. it would be great if manually entered addresses (Manual Orders) were automatically imported into the customer database.

it would be great if manually entered addresses (Manual Orders) were automatically imported into the customer database. This way when I manually ship to the same person in the future their address will auto populated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Send NEW Tracking Info After a VOID'd Shipment.

I wish there was a feature where customers would get a notification with an updated tracking label.

I've had to VOID shipments and my customer gets a notification that her order was cancelled but when I use her same order to make a new label, she doesn't get a notification that her order was re-shipped.

I hope you choose to change this in the future, I know many people would appreciate it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. include both "ship to" and "sold to" info at top of Orders page

it would be helpful to include both "ship to" and "sold to" information at the top of the Orders page, since different "ship to" and "sold to" information indicate a gift, in which case we have to use a different shipping label process for those orders. the way it is currently set up, that information can only be seen when manually clicking on each order

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Helene,

Thank you for your feedback. We actually have this functionality in the app now. Your account has the Recipient Column on the Orders grid, looks like you will need to enable the Buyer Column as well.

If you are using Version 2 you can add the Buyer Column by selecting “Columns” in the upper right corner of your Orders Grid then checking the Buyer option. If you are in Version 3 (V3) select View, next to the filter bar, then “Edit Columns.”

Once you check the Buyer option you can rearrange your columns by Clicking and dragging the columns to their preferred order.

Please reach out to support if you have any additional questions, we would be happy to assist.

6. Verified shipping address from orders page

I would like to see a column added to the Orders page that will show if a shipping address has been verified. If it has not been verified, show what the error is.

When there are multiple orders, it can be a time consuming task to click into each order to confirm if there are any address issues. As we can print labels in bulk, a shipping address error can easily be missed causing a returned or misdelivered package.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! You’ll be able to see which orders have verified addresses in the “Recipients” column. There is an icon next to the name.

You can also create a filter on the orders page to help you quickly identify potentially problematic addresses by clicking on the blue “other” filter just above the Orders grid. Choose “Address Verified”, then “equals Warning” or “equals Error”. This way you won’t have to click into each order to make sure the address is verified.

This article has an example of what verified addresses look like in the “Recipient” column: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007123788

7. I am looking for an option to print the shipping label and relevant packing slip on consecutive 4 x 6 labels.

i want to print the printer to print the packing slip followed by the relevant label. We put the packing slip in the shipping box and the shipping label is on the outside of the box but its much more efficient if the packing slip is printed one after another with the shipping label

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Automation Rule for Filtered View

I have mulitple locations and woould like to be able to save a filtered view and then set an automation rule for each location that uses a saved filter to show that location only thier orders. I need them to still be able to use Search to find othe rlocations orders if needed.

So again

- Save Filtered View
    - Set an Automation Rule for a location to use the saved filtered view

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to automatically print previously generated label by just scanning the order # for this label.

We just want to be able to scan the order # using a barcode scanner and want our Zebra printer to spit out an already generated shipping label for this order.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thanks for sharing! If you’ve already purchased a label and are looking to reprint it, you can use scan to print.

Scan to print allows you to scan the barcode off your packing slips to pull up the order and quickly apply a weight. Once you’re satisfied with the weight you can print the label immediately. If you’ve already created a label, you can scan the packing slip and your option will then change to “Print Label”.

Here’s more information about scan to print: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/115014262288

Let us know here if this helped reprinting your labels or if there’s something else you’d like to do!

10. Add Template Field: "Shipping Amount"

It's not possible to print the shipping amount on a packing list. [Shipping amount] charged to the customer is not an offered field. There is [carrier fee] but this is different.

I was told by chat support that there are workarounds like duplicating the info on a custom field, or entering shipping as a line item. It would make more sense to be able to use the Shipping Paid field since this calculates the total correctly.

This is especially a problem on manual phone in orders.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Need to add product's each detail individually in Shipment Email Template

That will be good if we can have options to add following details as variables in email templates.
    Product SKU,
    Product Name,
    Product URL,
    Product Image etc.

If there are more than one product then the options should be according to that as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. notify low inventory for a specified threshold number for each product

ShipStation currently has the option to get an alert when the inventory goes below specified number. But that number is for all products. I need a specific number for each product as some products sell faster than others.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Scale - Add Setting to Allow Auto Weigh Package

Stamps.com had a setting to allow you to have the scale weigh the package as soon as it was set on the scale. It would be very helpful to have this setting in SS to speed up order processing, clicking that darn scale every time waists a lot of time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thanks for bringing this up! There is one workflow you can have auto weigh and it’s called scan to print. When you place your package on your scale, scan to print will grab the weight from your scale when creating the label.

You can read more about this feature here: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/115014262288

If you have other questions or comments, please chat in or submit a request from help.shipstation.com

14. Download FBA from ShipStation to import into ERP

We want to see if there is a way to download Amazon FBA orders from ShipStation to import into our ERP System.

We want to get them from ShipStation through an API call like we get current direct orders and not have to download them manually from ShipStation through a CSV file.

Is this possible or can it be implemented?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. highlight quantity on packing slip

Highlight the quantity of items on the packing slip that have a quantity greater than 1 (this is currently done for orders displayed on the 'ship orders screen'). This prevents errors for us when we ship from the 'ship orders screen' and would prevent errors when we ship from the packing slip instead.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. End of Day Form (USPS) for specific ship-from locations

Basically, we have two locations and we are shipping from both locations with the same USPS account. But when we schedule a pickup at one, the end of day form is generated for all ship from locations, it's a hassle to select/deselect single-orders at a time. Is there a different way to approach this problem--or is this a new concept?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Bill Kropp, thanks for letting us hear about this! I think if I’m understanding you correctly, you can filter down your end of day form by clicking on the blue link at the top of the window. By default, end of day forms include all of the ship from locations.

For more information, please see this article: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205900618

Let us know here in the product feedback forum if this wasn’t what you were looking for.

17. Including tracking number with the packing slip

It would be nice for the packing slips to include the tracking number. This was a feature we had with ShippingEasy. But not with ShipStation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @shopstevie, thanks for bringing this up! I see you’ve reached out to our folks here and I’ve gone and cleared up any confusion we have on our end. To add the label’s tracking number to your packing slip, add the field replacement [Tracking #] to your template.

The only caveat is if your order does not have a label and you print the packing slip. The tracking number would not populate since it doesn’t exist at that time.

At the bottom of this article is a PDF with a list of available field replacements: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205901168

18. Highlight Packing Slip Qty if > 1

So the Order Details page is great for showing a red box with 2, 3 or more items when the qty is > 1.

We have manually changed the code to highlight the Customer notes on our packing slips but it would be fantastic if the following options were available either as a setup option in the packing slip.

"Highlight/Bold" item quantity when > 1

Why? Well, because even though we can change the font of the qty on the packing slip, it applies to all quantities. Thus, if we are missing some items that have more than 1, we…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. GDPR compliance?

I'm inquiring to see how we can delete customers and orders (a complete deletion). We need a way to delete customers from the EU territories at request beginning May 25th as per Article 17.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Susan Suarez simplyWORKOUT

ShipStation is currently GDPR compliant. When the GDPR regulations go into effect on May 25th, we will have a publicly available policy that details the process for GDPR requests.

Please refer to our Privacy Policy page for updates on May 25th, 2018 or later for information about submitting GDPR requests.
    https://www.shipstation.com/privacy-policy/

20. quantity

Current Situation: The multi-item order, the packing slip displays the item in each line separately. My problem is: my warehouse staff picks up the items based on the packing slip, but he must calculate and count the quantity himself for each SKU. In this case, Red apple 4 pieces / Green Apple 3 pieces / Orange/ 3 pieces / Banana 1 piece. In this case, the pick up guy can still count very quickly, because it's obvious.

However, we do have bulk order, which people place ONE ORDER, with 120 pieces of Red Apple, that means the pick up guy…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! It is currently possible to print documents with the items collapsed into a single multiple line item order view.

It looks like your account may be set up differently causing your imported orders to not collapse these items into a single, multiple quantity line item view.

For us to better understand how your workflow can be improved to have your packing slips, etc. display multi-quantity line items, I would recommend reaching out to our support team so we can see what options are available to you.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base