Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adding inventory through Mobile app warehouse location

Your customers would benefit greatly from warehouse location available on the mobile app. We use our phones (handhelds) to do inventory control as well as order pick. So, without warehouse location we cannot use the mobile app for adding and checking inventory. Instead we end up using the website through a tablet but that doesn't have your great UI like the mobile app. I see a lot of customers are chiming in on this development, but our thought is for adding inventory to our bin locations through bar code scan. So yeah, include a bar-code scan capability too.
    OK Thank…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Automate Allocation

We would love a way to be able to automate allocation. We often set up large pre-orders of products, and we'd like a way to be able to set a stock level and automatically allocate orders that we place on hold, so that we can automatically keep track of how many products we've sold. This will allow us, and other companies like us, to fulfill our promise to customers to provide product by making sure we don't over-sell the pre-ordered product.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. view inventory by warehouse location

Would love to be able to sort and see what's available in stock by warehouse location, instead of only by product SKU.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. inventory api

I would love to be able to determine product counts through the API.
    This allows me to do things like automatically order certain things as they run low on stock.

We have different manufacturers sending products to a single warehouse and it is very tedious to have a manual process around checking that the quantity that was received was the proper amount, and that we aren't running low on things like packing slips.

42 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Insufficient inventory on multi sku order then no inventory gets removed

Insufficient inventory on one sku for an order with multiple skus, the other skus inventory won't be removed from the order once processed.

Sounds broken! You give us the option to have a notification if we have no inventory when we are processing the labels, there is no need for this action to prevent us from shipping an order with no inventory shown.

If we have 1 sku out of the whole order that doesn't show inventory in the system, I will just over ride it if I know we have one in stock or somewhere I can use for…

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Longer description in Inventory History

On the inventory page, when I manually add or remove inventory under actions tab by clicking minus or plus, it allows me to write a note about it as well. Afterwards when I try to see the notes, I click on the item, and click on History to see all the actions.

However in this history page, it only shows the first 2 words of the action note, which is not enough. I hope you can allow us to click on the note to see the full note to remember why we removed that inventory.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. Support for Bundled Products / Update Inventory for Bundles

We have a few websites that sell products to wholesalers. For example we will sell a case of a single SKU. Each case has 12 units. It would be nice if SS could allow us to setup virtual bundles that deducted multiple units of a single SKU.

196 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Delete Products (Not Only Deactivate Products)

I don't know if anybody else has this issue, but we have duplicates in our product list, which was incurred by wrongly associated them with one parent SKU while new orders coming in. So, would like to be able to delete products, not just deactivate them.

27 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We understand how cluttered the product list can get and are planning to allow product deletion.
    New products imported with deleted SKUs will create new product records with no history of the previous product. Does that make sense for everyone’s workflow? Let us know!

9. Demand vs. Stock on Hand

For anyone doing Just in Time fulfillment, preorders, or presales... It is Very important to be able to see How many skus sold, vs. how many in stock. The balance would let you know how much is OVERSOLD or PRE ORDERED. Our company can produce products on demand, thus giving us a production list so we can get the orders out.

Currently , it is a massive headache to see negatives.
    This would also be beneficial to companies that have accidently oversold or have reconciled inventory and are missing the stock they need to satisfy the orders.

Example
    SKU -…

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. updating inventory via barcode scan

Since we now use the Shipstation inventory feature, it would be great to be able to barcode scan inventory into the Shipstation system. It just makes sense if we are using barcode scanning to locate orders, etc that we would be able to scan a products barcode, enter the received amount and it would update the Shipstation system.

We are a small but growing company and prefer to keep as much as we can in one native system which also keeps overall costs a lower for us. We are happy to pay a bit more to Shipstation for these solutions.

17 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Admin →
  11. Search products by barcode

Under products, the ability to search by barcode would be very useful. Right now, only Name, SKU, and Warehouse location are.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As part of the Scan to Verify Shipment Items project, we’ll be adding support for searching by UPC in the Products and Inventory grids. If you use a hand held scanner you’d be able to scan the UPC into the search field until we implement a “scan to view product” type function.

12. Pick list to get product location from inventory location, not the "Warehouse Location" field

Just as the title suggests, it would be great to be able to have the pick list get the products location based on the location in inventory, not by the warehouse location field. That field has to be manually updated. A products inventory location is constantly changing, or same products in split locations, manually updating that field just to generate a pick list is very cumbersome.

It would also be great if it gets the location that has the least amount of inventory first.

49 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Support Kitted products / Create "Bill of Goods" / Update Inventory for Kits

A lot of the SKU's we sell are actually kits of several different items bundled together (example - 200 current comic book bags and boards). Given the current limitations of eBay/Amazon/Shipstation, we are forced to create mutant SKU's for kits like that (for example, this SKU might be something like 2-PACKS-CUR / 2-PACKS-BBCUR, which means 2 packs of current bags and 2 packs of current boards). This isn't the best way to sell kitted items. Most good inventory systems allow you to create a "bill of goods" that will show up underneath a kit SKU. For example, this would show…

298 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base