Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make the font size bigger on the Order Summaries. Our staff eyes aren't getting better with age, and it prints to small to read.

Two small of a font. So tiny it's ridiculous. Not all of our staff can read that small, and read it well. We are making mistakes because of it. Make it adjustable please.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @MattGraunke, thank you for bringing this up! While we wait for other folks like yourself to chime in here, have you considered using ShipStation Mobile?

You can download or preview documents on your Apple or Android phone or tablet and use the zoom feature to help you see the items on the document better.

2. Hide Insights Tab so my shippers can't see sales numbers

I would rather that my shippers can't see my top line sales in the Insights tab. Ideally, I'd like to be able to simply turn that tab off for certain users or set permissions for certain users.

My last shipper ended up getting fired because she was padding her hours to get paid more. I'm sure she was comparing what she thought I was "making" to what she was getting paid. If she couldn't see what I made, then I don't think there would have been a problem.

Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @Bradley thank you for bringing this up! You can hide the Insights page from your users by editing their permissions. Go to Settings > Account > User Management.

Once there, click “edit” next to the user in question and click on the “Permissions” tab. The one you’re looking for is called “Reporting” which is located towards the bottom of the list.

Please let us know here in the product feedback forum if this helped!

3. FTP connection to order management system

Currently, my order management system does not integrate with ShipStation. I would like the option to have an open FTP site

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @John, thank you for taking the time to bring it up! While we wait for more users to chime in, there are a few ways you can integrate other systems into ShipStation such as API, XML/custom store, and the ODBC connector (Enterprise plan only).

To determine whether you should use the API or create a custom store, read here: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205928478

You can read more about our ODBC connector here: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/226123307

4. Customer Search Efficiency

In addressing customer support emails, I frequently use the "Customers" tab to search for order histories. This always gets the job done, but with one minor grievance. When opening that page, all the customers I have ever had are immediately loaded, and I have to wait for that to load before conducting my search. (If I try to search before all customers are loaded, the page essentially refreshes and removes the search term I enter)

This wasn't an issue when I had only a few hundred customer records. Now that I have thousands, this initial load can take quite a…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @soysaucesam! Thanks for bringing this up! I understand searching for customers is becoming a growing pain as you gain more. What do you think about limiting the number of rows that show up on your Customers page? You can change the number of rows at the bottom of the page to view only 100 rows at a time to reduce load times.

5. It would be great to have an option modify a specific store connection for international (example: mexico)

To have an option to modify a specific store connection for international

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @JoAnn!

Thanks for your feedback!
    Would you mind elaborating a bit more about what type of International modifications you’d like to make for specific store connections?

Any details you can give us including why this would be useful and what you’re currently doing to accomplish this would be great!

6. I need BLUETOOTH function in shipstation.

I need BLUETOOTH function in shipstation in case my internet went down and I can use my phone to print using shipstation mobile.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Chien! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. When using ShipStation Mobile to print documents directly to your printer requires the use of ShipStation Connect and the internet. While we wait for other users to chime in, let us know if any of these solutions can help.

As you pointed out, ShipStation Mobile doesn’t support printing via bluetooth. If you wanted to print via bluetooth, you can download your labels and other documents directly to your phone’s memory card and connect your phone to your bluetooth printer (which may require a third party application).

Another way to print your documents is by downloading the documents to your phone, removing the memory card from your phone and manually upload the files to your computer to print to your printer.

7. Setting IF statements in Emails

Hi,

I would like to have the ability to have IF statements within an email template.
    For example;
    If tracking field is NOT blank then write 'your tracking number is [Tracking Number]'.
    If it is blank then say your package has shipped.

This has many possibilities.
    If status equals Hold do this. If package equals processed do that.

That would be a very cool feature.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @aronl thanks for bringing this up! While we wait for others to chime in, I’d like to see if there’s something we can do today to help. Have you considered making multiple templates?

For example, you can have one packing slip template with the message “Your order has shipped” and another packing slip template with the message “Your tracking number is…”. Then you can apply this template to multiple orders at once with bulk actions or apply it individually from the order details window.

8. Consolidate scan forms

There should be a way to consolidate scan forms into a single document. We have three separate brands that all ship from the same address. They have to be set up as separate "ship from" locations for branding purposes. But, there's no need to present so many different scan forms to the post office.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Jennifer, thank you for taking the time to bring this up! To reduce the number of ship from locations and scan forms you have to generate, you can override the company name of your ship from using your store settings.

As seen in the first picture here, the checkbox under “Company Name” needs to be checked off: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003856207

And once you’ve done that, the store’s company name will always be used on the ship from address so you’ll be free to have one ship from location!

Please let us know here in the Product Feedback forum if you have any questions or if this wasn’t what you were referring to.

9. Please make it possible to change from 3rd party to default from settings

For some reason my billing on the labels was changed for a 3rd party billing which was making me that its unable to change my billing preferences back to default with out having to go into every single order and changing it there which can be very annoying when you need to process 200 orders. I Shipstation can put the billing prefrences in the settings it would go a long way.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @emanuel, thanks for bringing this up! If I follow you correctly, you can change the billing party for multiple orders at once by using Bulk Actions. You’ll find this under the Other Actions menu.

Please let us know here in the Product Feedback forums if this helped or if this wasn’t what you were referring to.

10. Number of SKUs by shipper

It would be great to know how many of a particular product any of our shippers has sent. For example, with Products 1, 2, 3, and 4, I'd like to know how many of products 1 and 3 John Doe shipped last week. I'd also like to know if Jane Doe mostly ships product 4, or a mix of products.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your great idea!
    We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!
    For now, others may leave their votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.

11. Fraud Risk Alerts

I would like to help try to flag orders that may be fraudulent. Like the fraud risk alerts on shopify, if it could alert us when the billing and shipping address are different so we can determine our risk and decide if we would want to ship.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Quickbooks Online integration

When importing orders into Quickbooks Online it sets the Sales Receipt date to the day I import them. Why not set the date to the shipping date? Please fix this. It makes no sense to use the import date and at least the shipping date would be more accurate as to when the order occured. Imagine importing 300 orders from August and then having to go back and fix the date on each one because you imported them in October.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. International C.O.D.'s

We are currently experiencing a huge wave of international orders. A few customers have requested for COD. We are able to make the shipment work by going through Fedex.com and manually ship the order through them, but it is plenty more work for the shipping department to create a Commercial Invoice through their website.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. International bar code is undersized

Looking at the USPS requirements (can be found here - https://ribbs.usps.gov/intcustomsforms/documents/tech_guides/GuidelinesforPrivatelyPrintedCustomsDeclarationForms.pdf) the bar code that is printed on International labels is under sized. This makes it difficult for some scanners to pick up the bar code depending on what printer you are using. I'm surprised that ShipStation is adhering to USPS requirements.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

This is a known issue and our Developers are working on it.

We will let you know once we have any updates on this.

In the meantime, feel free to leave other feedback, votes, and comments for us!
    Thanks.

15. Way to Assign Orders to a Specific User via Upload

I would like to be able to assign orders to specific users via some sort of spreadsheet upload. We have to manually assign thousands of orders a day during the holidays. The ability to do this in bulk (all at once) would literally save me hours a day.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

16. Automate SKUs to have tags

We would like to automate orders with multiple items to be tagged.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for that description @Amanda!

I checked into your account and it looks like you’re currently going about this using Automation Rules which does not allow for multi-item order application.

As an alternate workflow, you can export your products via CSV, add in the tags for which products you’d like, and re-import. (You can search NTP in the Products page search field to bring up only those products for a smaller export.)

This will allow tags to be applied to these products even with multi-item orders.

Please let me know if this helps!

17. Shopify SMS FB Messenger Support

With Shopify rolling out order updates via SMS and FB Messenger, any plans to support these features?

We're currently using ShipStation's Order Shipped email simply because the tracking page it provides is better than Shopify's. In turn, customers who subscribed to be notified via SMS and FB Messenger do not get any messages when their order ships out because ShipStation is basically disabling the trigger on Shopify's side when it fulfills the order and update Shopify. This is what we found out after talking to both ShipStation and Shopify support.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @EmazingDot, thanks for taking the time to bring this up! This isn’t currently on our immediate radar, but we’d like to hear from other folks to help get the ball rolling.

If anyone is interested, please vote and add your thoughts here in the forum!

18. Order Line Item Level - Custom Information / Comment

For each order line item, could you please add a field for extra information or comment?

We do have custom product requirement on demand, and we cannot currently send it over from Order Management system to Shipstation.

This involves below -
    1. Creating a 'comment' or 'extra info' field in Order Line level
    2. Need API to have this field for Posting Order
    3. This field needs to be displayed in Packing Slip / Invoice.

Thanks,

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @HoonCAN, thanks for bringing this up! Have you considered using the custom fields? These are typically used for meta information you need even though they are applicable at an order-level and not like the line item-level you mentioned. You can also access this information through our API.

19. Syncing products with inventory

There needs to be a way to sync "Products" with "Inventory". All of our item locations are in Inventory but not Products and there's no way to sync them. This means our packing slips don't show locations. We have many hundreds of items and now no way of displaying where they are stored. Can this be added?? This is enough to make us look for another shipping program!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

Thank you for your feedback.

While we look into this, I’d like to suggest an alternate workflow.

Within the Inventory tab, you have the option to export your Inventory, locations included.

All you would need to do is re-format this CSV export to match up with the Product Import format and import to the Products page.

Please reach out to our support team if you need any assistance with this.
    Thanks!

20. order report raw data

Hello. I have two questions/suggestions:

1. Is there a way to automate a Raw Data Export? We download the Orders report but need to do it manually. Ideally it would run at the end of each day (we upload it to our ERP system).

2. How is the Orders report (under Raw Data Export) sorted? We would like it to be sorted either by order number or ship date. It currently seems to be in random order. I checked with Shipstation Support and they could not figure out how it is sorted. They suggested I submit both items on this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @Patricia! Thanks for taking the time to bring this up. There isn’t a way within ShipStation’s interface to automate the raw data export but you can use our API to create a process yourself.

Alternatively, have you looked into using Zapier? Depending on what kind of information you’re using from the raw data export, you may be able to create a zap to add orders (or order items) to a spreadsheet tool based on import or shipment.

Here’s where you can learn more about Zapier: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/215892308

Please let us know here in the Product Feedback forum if you have other questions or if this isn’t what you were referring to.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base