Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add support for the Stamps.com P2 2.25" x 7.5" thermal printer!!!!!!!!

Please add support for the Stamps.com P2 2.25" x 7.5" thermal printer!!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

2. "Receive" Returns

Add a Process to "Receive" Returns and Add Information About Returned Product Condition

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Product Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please allow multiple USPS Accounts

We have several brands of products that we manage and sell thru SS. Each of them have their own Shopify account or we sell them on ebay. We use the shipping presets and absolutely love them!! However what is missing is the ability to have your preset ALSO be setup to use a specific USPS account. BEcause we have to always prepay the USPS in one single account it is difficult behind the scenes in our accounting department to keep track of how that money was used and allocated for each brand of products. For example we have commissions with…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Import Third Party Account Information

Add CSV import Mapping fields for Third Party Account Numbers. Many of our Dropship customers want to use their own FedEx account numbers. Currently, we have the manually enter their Account Numbers for each order post-import. This is time consuming and can cause mistakes during busy holiday seasons

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @Cara, thanks for bringing this up! While we wait for other users to chime in, I think there may be somethings we can do today to help you apply the FedEx account numbers faster.

Have you looked into an automation rule to charge to a third party? This will allow you to automatically apply account numbers to orders if you already know how to filter down your orders.

Alternatively, from the orders grid, you may want to look into using bulk actions to “charge shipping to 3rd party…”

5. Order Links

My team throws around a LOT of plaintext Order IDs in Slack as we go about our day.

If we need to look up an order, we then have to go to Shipstation, enter the order in search, wait, and then do our thang.

To minimize time and friction, I wanted to write a snippet to automatically convert the plaintext order ID to a link that would open the corresponding Order ID in Shipstation. It would shave off 15-45 seconds from every order lookup... time which adds up!

It seems like a simple fix to be able to link to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

6. import scheduled ship date from Etsy

The "Scheduled to ship by" date on Etsy is a crucial to our ability to ship orders out on time. For many shops, some items within a few days of the order date while others must ship within a few weeks.

It would be very helpful if SS could import this date field into it's "Ship by" column. Then a user could easily filter to view all orders due today, or all orders due this week.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. since you have updated your website I can no longer schedule USPS pickups from my iphone. This is a HUGE draw back.

Need to be able to schedule USPS pickup on iPhone. Why in the world do you have to get on a laptop to do that????

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ShipStation Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @Heidi, thank you for bringing this up! Can you tell me a bit more about where you’re looking to schedule a USPS pick up on your iPhone?

Are you referring to ShipStation Mobile or are you using ShipStation’s website on your phone?

8. Create Multiple Shipping Labels or Batches on Mobile App

Is there a way to create batches of labels on the mobile app vs. creating one by one? It would be convenient if we can ship orders in batches off our mobile app.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ShipStation Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @Sunil, thanks for bringing this up! Currently you can only make one label at a time with ShipStation Mobile. Can you tell me more about how you’re using the mobile app to ship orders and what you’re expecting to do with it?

9. Allow the warehouse location to be added as a field replacement similar to how automation rules work

It would be great if the warehouse location could be added somewhere else on the packing slip other than under the order header.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @HPMS, thanks for bringing this up! I’m not sure I follow you here, where are you looking to put the warehouse location on your packing slip? And how do you expect this to be automated?

10. Safedrop

Allow us to set the default confirmation for Australia post to not be safe drop through an automation rule?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the update! Now I understand and you’re right. The best route today is to use the sidebar to update your orders through the sidebar. For now, we’ll wait to hear from other users on their feedback on this before moving forward.

11. external provider

When running my end of day report to see what was shipped from Ship Station any order that show up External provider does not pull over into ANY report that I run. I even had your support team try. We can not calculate our total properly because of this. Please fix.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @mleon thanks for bringing this up! I took a look into your ticket with our folks here and see you’ve gone through most of the reports and haven’t found what you’re looking for.

What kind of total are you looking to calculate?

Please let us know here in the forums so we can have an open discussion with others looking for reports.

12. Ebay Delivery Guarantee

Ebay has introduced a new "Delivery Guarantee" that offers us the ability to guarantee delivery time OR handling time for packages.

If we choose the Guaranteed Handling Time option, Ebay will guarantee the delivery, and if it's late, they'll refund the customer the shipping. The only catch is they are (so far) going to require we use Ebay labels to print postage for packages, which is time consuming versus using ShipStation. Could your API developers please reach out to Ebay and see if we could get ShipStation as a "qualified provider" so we can keep using SS and still be…

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Adding more heavy freight / fragile freight carrier integrations in Australia

Hey All,

Love what you do, but the more I investigate ShipStation, the more I realise it is not geared towards our business. We are an online furniture retailer, and we work with fragile freight carriers such as TOLL group, COPE and TLC Always Moving.

I'd love to see integrations with some of these carriers to open up a whole new revenue stream for you, and a whole lot less stress for us, your customers.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! We currently don’t support freight for any carriers, but this doesn’t mean we won’t soon! We’ll keep this in mind; for now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.

14. add customer email to shipments and orders list

I would like to be able to see the customer email address on the columns available for the orders and shipments pages so we can immediately see who would have received the tracking information.

Thank you, Ben

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! We’ll keep this in mind; for now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.

15. Www.freightexchange.com.au

PLEASE can you integrate with Freightexchange.com.au or any transport company that does heavier pallet freight, we need live freight quotes for our customers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! We currently don’t have any freight integrations, but that doesn’t me we won’t in the future! We’ll keep this in mind; for now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.

16. oscommerce

You are missing an OsCommerce shopping cart integration. Although not as popular as many of the "name brand" carts - OsCommerce is one of the oldest and most used carts in the world. Unfortunatley I will not be able to use ShipStation :(

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue a partnership. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to OsCommerce and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

17. order total

It would be very valuable to be able to have the total value of Orders Awaiting Shipment at the bottom of the Orders page. Knowing the value of all pending shipments or even all shipped orders over a given time period would be awesome and seems kind of common sense for pulling useful data.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Combined Orders

Provide more details about orders that are combined in the API. When an order has combined the data that you provide in the API is minimal. You provide no data if the order is combined at the marketplace.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the update! We’d like this one to gain more traction before moving forward on adding more data to the API when combining orders.

If you’re interested in supporting this idea, please add what information you’re looking for and any other information that helps outline the main challenges here today!

19. Bug in the Branded Returns expiration date on the return window

When a customer is past the window to return their product the display message states they're return window expired on "X" date.

Unfortunately, it's displaying the day after their purchase date (purchase date + 1) instead of using their (purchase date + number is days in the return window)

This confused customers and causes them to think our return window is only 1 day instead of what we have set it to in the system.

The two attached screenshots are showing that the return window expired and it's displaying a date of one day after their purchase date when in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @taftfulfillment! Thanks for bringing this up. I see the ticket you’ve made with our folks here and our dev team is taking a look at it. For more updates on this particular issue, please check in with your ticket.

20. Scan USPS Barcode to search for shipment

We should be able to look up shipments by the usps or ups barcode. It would be very easy to implement and it would make things much easier when processing returns.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Tristan! Thanks for bringing this up. Before we move forward, we’d like to hear from other users. Most carrier labels can be easily searched by scanning their barcode, but you’re right that USPS is a little bit different.

You’ll have to remove the first 8 characters from the data that is pulled in to isolate the tracking number.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base