Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. is there any report in reporting, where we can download and see the delivery status of a shipment ?

it would be great to have a report with delivery status of shipment. This way we can generate a weekly report and check to see if there are are some labels made but there is no status ( may be warehouse never shipped ) or shipments undelivered or lost shipment

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Please Provide the ability to print each Order Summary Report on its own page

Please Provide the ability to print each Order Summary Report on its own page

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sorting items within order by SKU

Once you click into an order to see the items, there is no way to sort those items on the screen. We utilize the images so a printed sorted pack slip does not help. We need a way to arrange/sort items within the specific order on the screen. I know the system is capable of sorting the pack slips by SKU and a variety of other characteristics, please add this same sorting to the popup window that displays the content of an order.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for leaving your thoughts, everyone! We’ll keep this in mind; for now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement updates and new features.

4. Set carrier (UPS, FedEX, USPS, ETC) and service (Ground, Next day, ETC) level separately

We ship using several Retailers shipping accounts. on thier orders it will say what service level to use.
    As things are now with the automation rules, you have to set the carrier and shipping level together.
    It would be helpful to have the option to set the carrier, and speed individualy

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi thanks for bringing this up! I see you’re looking to separate carrier and service speed.

Something that might help give you visibility of the service speed is to map this field to ShipStation’s “shipping service” when importing orders via CSV. This will show at the top of your shipping info section in order details.

5. Branded Returns Portal Error - Customers cannot return within return window

When customers attempt to make a return well within their return window, the branded returns portal will sometimes take them to a page that says "Please contact us about your order."

Initially I was under the impression this only happened to international orders, but it happens to domestic orders as well and it makes customers think that we are trying to delay their return.

Please consider making this a high priority issue.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @David CT, thanks for bringing this up! There could be a few things that are stopping your customers from making a return so for a more detailed reason why your specific order has been stopped I recommend reaching out to our folks here by going to help.shipstation.com and submitting a request.

Here’s an article that might help you figure this out as well. The limitations are listed under “A few things to note” towards the bottom of the page: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003523487

6. Would like to be able to edit a user name, since I fired one person who had her own username.

Would like to be able to edit a user name, since I fired one person who had her own username.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thanks for bringing this up! You can make your users inactive and this will remove their access from your ShipStation account. Is there another concern you have in regards to this user’s access to ShipStation?

7. Search Order box auto clear and select.

We would like to see the mouse cursor move back to the Search Orders search box after creating a label. It is a bit time consuming to have to go back to the search and clear out the previous order.

We use touch screens for shipping and with touch it is difficult to select the box and clear out the order. This would be a big help at least for us and I would think others.

Shipping hundreds of orders per day this really slows us down. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thanks for bringing this up! Have you considered using barcode scanners in your workflow?

For example, there are a few things you can do with barcodes like scan to print. Scan to print allows you to scan a packing slip, weigh your package, then print the label. Here’s more information: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/115014262288

If you still have to make edits to the order, you may want to try scan to view instead: This barcode will pull up the order details as if you keyed in the order number to search for it. Here’s more information: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/212002488

8. Dimensions

We would like an option to have Dimensions in the orders/shipment tab.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. automatically apply the customs declaration info when shipping to a US territory like Guam.

It would be super helpful to automatically apply the customs declaration info when shipping to a US territory like Guam. Currently, we have to manually enter this information for each shipment to US territories that require a customs form. If the information can be included for an international shipment, there should be a setting for exceptions, like US territories

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @CustomerService33, thanks for bringing this up. Your orders going to Guam should import with the proper customs information available and this may require additional troubleshooting from our support team.

Do you notice this with all of the orders going to US Territories or just Guam? Again, I recommend sending this information to our support team from help.shipstation.com for the fastest resolution.

10. Show total quantity on the 'ship orders screen' and the packing slip

A common error made in shipping is to package the wrong number of items in the order. It would be helpful to us to have the total number of items to be shipped displayed on the 'ship orders screen' and the packing slip. This enables a simple check to ensure that the number of items shipped is correct.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Thomas, thanks for bringing this up! You can make the item quantities stand out more by editing your packing slip template.

Here’s the article on how you can do this: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206640077

As for adding visibility to multiple quantity orders in the interface, I recommend going into your sidebar and finding item options. Once there, find the gear on the right and check the “Highlight Multiple Quantities” box. This’ll make your order items stand out.

11. Batch printing settings

It would be great if before printing a batch, we could choose if it can be printed 1 or 2 labels per page. No matter if I selected the printing shipping labels settings as one per page, the system will print the batch shipping labels 2 per page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Gustavo Scatrut Bartolete Keys Inc, thanks for bringing this up! The printing settings should always be respected throughout ShipStation. Are you still running into this issue?

12. More specific Activity Log, sync errors ...

"An error occurred attempting to update orders: Input string was not in a correct format. "

Which input string?
    Which order number?

Super lazy error logging here guys. Is it that hard to display the input or at least the order number in question?

Now I have a 1000 to 1, needle and haystack, who-dun-it on my hands ... THANKS!

Wish me luck on my blind search!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Drew, thank you for bringing this up! We will look into this error message and how to make it more clear. In the meantime, please chat in with our folks here or open a request via our help center (help.shipstation.com) so we can dig in and help resolve the issue you’re seeing.

13. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Providing vat invoice for UK buyers

If you are a vat registered company in the UK, you are obliged to provide vat invoice to the buyers. We have many customers asking for vat invoice in our business. It would be great if you could add var invoice option to Shipstation which is i believe very important.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

15. lot number mandatory for food sellers

lot number tracking for items become mandatory to all food companies.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback!
    Would you mind elaborating on what lot numbers do for your business and items?
    Additional info on what you’re currently doing to get around the lack of this feature in ShipStation is also helpful.
    Please reply back here in the Feedback Forum, Thank you!

16. Choose specific day of week for Automation Rules

I would like to have the option to choose a specific day of the week for an automation rule. For example, if the day is Saturday, change all of my FedEx Ground orders to UPS Ground.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

17. Splitting Order Automation

Hi- We often times have back orders but can ship partial shipments. Would love the ability for Shipstation to automatically split orders for us based on rules.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback!
    We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!
    In the meantime, could you let us know what criteria you would base these rules on?
    Any other workflow information for how you’re currently working around this, and how you would like to do this in the future would be helpful.

18. A rule to charge UPS shipping to recipient

I want a rule that would allow us to charge UPS shipping to recipient. Currently, we are able to set up a rule that charges a 3rd party for shipping, which on face, should be the same thing. However, it actually costs the recipient more to do it this way, so we are forced to manually change all orders that come through like this. Seems like it would be an easy fix, since the functionality is almost there in the rules and is already there manually.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to use multiple Shipstation Accounts at once.

The ability to have multiple shipstation accounts open at once or even switch through accounts through the UI. We have a few different completely different ecommerce businesses running with different shipping softwares. Shipstation is by far our favorite and we'd love to consolidate everything there.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Include order information on insurance invoices

Currently, invoices for insurance charges do not show which orders the insurance charges are applied to. While it is possible to see a list view of orders with a column showing insurance information, it does not offer more insight in this situation.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base