Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scan and Verify Product UPC to make sure to Ship right product and Quantity

Ability to Scan and Verify the UPC code of the product get shipped for the individual order.So, this will eliminate the WRONG item being shipped and Wrong Quantity being shipped. Also "Ship Order" button activates only when the right product(s) is scanned and right quantity is scanned for the order.Products that does not come with UPC may be shipped by manually entering item SKU in the barcode scan field.

814 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Scan to Verify and Print is now AVAILABLE in the new version of ShipStation, and also now supports product identification by UPC, SKU, or both values.
    We will mark this feature complete once Scan to Verify is a standalone mode from Print.
    Additional features, settings are also in the works. Thank you all for your continued patience.

2. USPS Return Shipping Label without paying postage up front

The ability to take advantage of USPS Merchandise Return Service and have an option to print a return label with every shipment or selected shipments and not have to pay for the postage unless the customer uses it. I believe this is available through API only and there may be a form you have to submit to USPS: https://www.usps.com/business/merchandise-return-service.htm

185 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to Rename Batch

The ability to rename batches would be great. There is now the ability to have multiple batches, which great for sorting orders waiting to be fulfilled. However, it is not very easy to sort without memorizing which batch # is for which group of orders for that day. If there was a way to even add a keyword to the end of the batch number [ex. batch#1234567 - product] So that when I am sorting through a zillion orders assigning them to each batch they need to be in, it is much easier to remember which batch to put them…

119 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Amazon Buy Shipping API - For Same Day Delivery

Amazon has just launched a program in majoar metro areas called Same-Day Delivery in conjunction with their new shipping settings and regionalized guaranteed delivery dates.They require that we use Dynamex as the messenger service for same day delivery and they have an API called Buy Shipping API that will allow third parties like ShipStation to display the often very competitive rates and full selection of carriers that are visible to merchants in Amazon Seller Central. The rates for same day delivery purchased through Amazon are so cheap (flat $7 for NYC metro deliveries, for example) that I expect this will…

72 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey everyone,

We are in the early stages of an integration with the Amazon Buy Shipping API! However, there are some limitations/restrictions for using this service in ShipStation.

At this time, the Amazon Buy Shipping API is only available for sellers using the “MFN Prime” service offered by Amazon. “MFN Prime” refers to orders that are listed as “Prime” on Amazon, but shipped directly by a seller. Historically, only orders that were fulfilled by Amazon (FBA) were eligible for “Prime” status. Orders not listed as “Prime” are not eligible for the Amazon Buy Shipping API in ShipStation.

If you would like to learn more about this service, and if you’re eligible to have the Amazon Buy Shipping API enabled on your ShipStation account, please contact your Account Manager or email Support@ShipStation.com

Thanks!
    ShipStation

5. Show line items in the Orders Grid instead of "Multiple"

We need to be able to see each item on a multiple item order. It's no good showing the words 'multiple items.' Sometimes I can only ship a product if I have that product in stock, some 'multiple items' order may contain an item which is not in stock or is a pre order. Inventory management is not the solution. Individual line items for multiple items is.

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The Orders grid in V3 will show individual line items as expandable rows in the grid – so you’d be able to see each line and quantity without opening the sidebar or details. Coming soon!

6. Inventory on Mobile App

I would love if there was a way to track products using the mobile app. It would be so much easier to carry a phone or tablet to take inventory instead of needing to lug a computer around. It would certainly make my life a lot easier.

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Inventory views on mobile are in development and coming soon! We’ll start with read-only views by Product and by Location. Let us know what other data or inventory functions you need on mobile!

7. Hot link directly to Shipstation Order

Right now, we need to look up an order in a custom order management system, then look it up in Shipstation. I'd like to create a workflow where we can look up the order in the first system, then just click a link to go directly to the order page in Shipstation. So basically, I'd like to link directly to a Shipstation order page.

However, each order page loads in a modal window so orders aren't given a direct URL. I'd like to simply have a shipsation URL where I can pass in an order id and have that page…

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Split an order from Order Details view

Splitting orders for partial fulfillment is a very common activity for me, but the process is very clunky. I'm hoping that I'm just missing something that will make it easier.Right now, it appears I can only split an order by pulling up the Orders view (with or without a filter), selecting one order, digging around for the well-hidden "Split Order" option under the "Other Actions" button, and performing the split from there. One of the reasons this is cumbersome is that I spend more time in the Order Details view determining how the order needs to be split. I have…

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Pay-on-use return label emailing

We create pay-on-use return labels for every shipment we send out. We want to give customers the option to print their labels at home/office. Please add the ability to check a shipment as requiring the label be emailed to customers (not every customer will want an emailed label, potentially).Thanks!

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request and helping us to improve ShipStation! We currently support “pay-on-use” return labels with FedEx and UPS. We plan to add this functionality for USPS and other carriers soon. We’ll be sure to update this request once this feature has been implemented. Please note that we cannot support this functionality unless the provider supports it as well. We’re working hard with our partners to get this added.

Thanks again!

ShipStation

10. Syncing products with inventory

There needs to be a way to sync "Products" with "Inventory". All of our item locations are in Inventory but not Products and there's no way to sync them. This means our packing slips don't show locations. We have many hundreds of items and now no way of displaying where they are stored. Can this be added?? This is enough to make us look for another shipping program!

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Development is under way to include Inventory Locations on Packing Slips for allocated shipments in V3 and cleanup the legacy “Warehouse Location” field on the Product record, which causes confusion and pre-dates the inventory system.

11. Scanning based Label Printing workflow

Scan barcode to print shipping label

This is a production line workflow.

We create our shipments via your API ahead of time. So on a given Monday we might have 1,000 shipments already set up that are shipping throughout the week.

This is what we want to do:
    - Create a barcode associated with each shipping label
    - We print barcodes and place on each box on our production line
    - Person scans barcode which automatically finds its matching shipping label and automatically prints the shipping label

It's critical that no clicking or keyboard shortcuts would be required. We need…

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Scan to Print for v3 will accomplish 95% of this request.
    The shipment ID can be added as a barcode to the Packing Slip, which will pull up the Shipment in Scan to Print mode.
    There is another barcode that automatically Prints the label and you’re done. Scan to Print is available in the current version, but an improved experience is coming soon to v3

12. Separation of Amazon FBA and MFN orders

Please have the function or filter to separate Amazon FBA and MFN orders when we search the orders. So we can determine which warehouse we need to take care of the orders from.Thank you.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request and helping us to improve ShipStation! We will automatically tag orders from Amazon if they import into Awaiting Shipment and are MFN orders. We will only import Amazon FBA orders once they are shipped by Amazon so you can use their information for reporting purposes.

We’ll let you know once we have more information!

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

13. Calculator in APP not displaying correct shipping cost. - Bug

With the exact same information in the mobile app and online, I get different shipping costs. The app is incorrect and shows a much lower cost than the actual. Image attached. I often use the app when pricing merchandise and just realized how wrong it is. I greyed out the ship from but they are the same.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Daniel Munevar PlantVine! Thanks for bringing this up, we’re reviewing this issue with our development team for the Android version of ShipStation mobile.

We’ll keep you posted on when you should update your mobile app.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base