Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The custom paper work for international UPS orders is not generating a signature on the customs paper work.

The custom paper work for international UPS orders is not generating a signature on the customs paper work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Label Insurance by the Batch

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE create an option for businesses to automatically insure labels by the batch. I find it very inconvenient to manually add insurance to every individual order; especially on days that orders are coming by the thousands. Furthermore, at random times (i.e.holidays), carriers are more bound to losing parcels while in-transit, and thus costing us inventory. Other than this, I sincerely appreciate ShipStation and its wonderful features! :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. audio alerts for new batches

It would be great if ship station had an audio alert for when a new batch is completed and ready to be printed. Our Operations team is in a different part of the building than our shipping area, so it would be great to know when a new batch has been generated without having to get up and go check.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to edit "sold to"

As a gift company, we often have different buyers and recipients... It's difficult to do things that can't be edited and whole orders have to be deleted and re-created to edit one thing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hide Insights Tab so my shippers can't see sales numbers

I would rather that my shippers can't see my top line sales in the Insights tab. Ideally, I'd like to be able to simply turn that tab off for certain users or set permissions for certain users.

My last shipper ended up getting fired because she was padding her hours to get paid more. I'm sure she was comparing what she thought I was "making" to what she was getting paid. If she couldn't see what I made, then I don't think there would have been a problem.

Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Bradley thank you for bringing this up! You can hide the Insights page from your users by editing their permissions. Go to Settings > Account > User Management.

Once there, click “edit” next to the user in question and click on the “Permissions” tab. The one you’re looking for is called “Reporting” which is located towards the bottom of the list.

Please let us know here in the product feedback forum if this helped!

7. Include OrderStatus in shipnotify XML

<shipnotify> does not seem to support updating OrderStatus. When an order is cancelled or put on-hold, it would be very handy for the shipnotify XML to include OrderStatus.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Identifying Split Orders

The ability to split an order in SS is a great feature! The only challenge I have with it is, by default, it generates a modified order number. For example, if I split Order 1000, it creates Order 1000-1 as well as the remaining Order 1000. When the shipping information transfers to my sales system there's some mathematical witchcraft going on. The (split) Order number becomes 999 and enters the shipping information into the wrong spot. Yes, one can manually enter a modified number to the split order but wouldn't it be nice to have the option to generate another…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow running larger reports

Currently, some larger reports can timeout and never respond with the download requested. The server responds with a 504. Some type of provision for larger reports would be nice, even just increasing the max execution.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Update Mckesson drop shipper via API

We use product drop-ship service through McKesson. Would be great if the tracking information updated via API integration with the McKesson system.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Reoccurring orders

Please consider allowing us to enter reoccurring orders once for our repeat customer accounts. (Ex., I have several restaurants that order same products in the same quantity weekly or bi-weekly.) It would be great to enter the order once & be able to click a repeat order box & have it appear once in the "awaiting shipment" list & then repeatedly in the "on hold" list with the correct shipment dates, items & quantities already keyed in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Turkey

I recently received an exciting opportunity to start selling on Amazon-Turkey but sadly Shipstation does not currently support this marketplace.

To take advantage of Turkish FBA, one would need to setup an entity in Turkey. Even my Amazon global seller rep recommended I do MFN.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. refresh batch

hi all shipstationers!

sometimes a batch gets stuck (if larger) and fulfillments dont get pushed. (white cart) or (red cart) theres no ability to refresh that batch if its stuck especially after support hours when shipments are due! Please enable a button to refresh by ourselves especially for enterprise users, we can't have any late shipments and its inefficient to do them manually.

Thank you i've attached the cs response from Amber C. below to gve more insight.

Currently, we do not have a feature in the UI for users to resubmit a batch if the batch is stuck. I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. api ecomdash integration

We have integrated ecomdash with shipstation to feed all the order details. theer is only limited infromaiton transferred to shipstation regarding teh order. i would suggest the product/package related informaiton be transferred from ecomdash as well. this will help in creatign the shipping labels. here is teh example of informaiton:
    weight
    dimension : length, width, height

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Don't let customers select shipping options that aren't available on the back end

If I only have FedEx ground as a shipping option on the back end international customers shouldn't be able to choose FedEx as that won't work for them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. parcel pro

china post. you need to attack the china market. I need it

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Stock Level Add/Minus CSV Excel Import

Currently the inventory CSV excel import only allows you to replace the current inventory stock at hand. We would like it to be a similar feature to Linnworks where if I put +1, it'll add one stock and if I put -1 it'll remove one stock.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Importing Custom Fields from BigCommerce

We currently use BigCommerce and we're loving the ShipStation integration. We do have one BIG request, which I know a lot of others would like. We have a custom address field called "PO NUMBER" which we'd love to be able to import into ShipStation. This is important for us as we use ShipStation to send email confirmations upon shipment. Included in this email is a PO #. Our work around so far is to add a CUSTOM item onto the order, so that we can see the PO # as an item in shipstation. We then manually copy/paste that into…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Top Shipping Providers Running Balance (Dials on Dashboard)

Include a small widget at the top of the Orders page (next to the Customers link / calculator link) to show one or more shipping account running balances. For instance, Express1 is very weak on refund transparency (no accessible transaction log), when voiding a shipment, it makes life easier if we can see the balance increase "live" at the top of the page instead of going to Shipping accounts, reading the balance, voiding, then checking that refund was issued; i.e. balance increased by credit amount. We need to do this as a matter of audit. But if there is a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base