Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I need BLUETOOTH function in shipstation.

I need BLUETOOTH function in shipstation in case my internet went down and I can use my phone to print using shipstation mobile.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hi @Chien! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. When using ShipStation Mobile to print documents directly to your printer requires the use of ShipStation Connect and the internet. While we wait for other users to chime in, let us know if any of these solutions can help.

As you pointed out, ShipStation Mobile doesn’t support printing via bluetooth. If you wanted to print via bluetooth, you can download your labels and other documents directly to your phone’s memory card and connect your phone to your bluetooth printer (which may require a third party application).

Another way to print your documents is by downloading the documents to your phone, removing the memory card from your phone and manually upload the files to your computer to print to your printer.

2. Export Orders to the same save file

Exporting orders creates a new file every time you export. This is a problem because if you want to import the csv data to another program you have to re-point to the new file name every time. Give us the option to save the data to the same file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. User Restriction Requiring Approval To Void a Shipment or Sending a Duplicate Order

It would be very helpful to add these user restrictions or require approval to do so.

Restrict a user from voiding shipments

Restrict a user from sending a duplicate order

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Adding attachant to

It would be amazing to add an attachment to my orders. I work with a wide variety of distributors and inevitably need to manually enter sales data so that everything stays in shipstation. This increases my processing time, margin of error and general frustration. I would love to be able to attach their specific packing slip so there is no confusion in the sales process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Getting Fees of every order

Getting the fees amount of every order will help in Accounting, the Amount we receive from every portal is different because of fees.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Itemized packing slip

I would like an option on the packing slip to break units ordered onto separate lines versus having a count to the right of 2. For example, if a customer ordered 2 shirts it would appear
    shirt
    shirt
    vs
    shirt 2

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Back-end Order Links Should Exist for Rakuten

You already support hot-linking the store-specific order number to the back-end of the marketplace for Amazon and ebay. Possibly others. Rakuten should have this benefit too. There is a reliable URL prefix that just needs the order number appended to it to construct a link. Attached is an example of one of the few places you may see a link.

The order number prefix would be https://rmsportal.rakuten.com/orders/details/view/

I'm not even sure I should burn my votes on this, as the idea is not new in general, you just haven't completed it when possible on the marketplaces you officially support. What…

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Option to require 3rd Party billing on Return Labels

The Branded Returns Page is a wonderful idea, however 99% of our returns are because of customer error. In these instances we do not offer to pay for shipping the return to us. Without the ability for us to ask for a 3rd party billing account on the return label we would have to figure our the cost and charge them on a new invoice which is a bit of a hassle.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Printing Sequence

I would like if we could choose the printing sequence of labels, slips and return labels to help streamline the shipping process.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Royal Mail Account Barcode Unsorted

Royal Mail offer discounted delivery prices for Account Barcode Unsorted mail, it would be beneficial to take advantage of this in ShipStation.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Barcode scanner to fulfill orders and update inventory

I think it would be extremely beneficial to everyone that uses ShipStation to be able to fulfill orders with a barcode scanner. It would also be beneficial in that the business then could easily update inventory. I know that right now you have the scan to view barcode, and this is helpful, but I feel it would be even better to be able to put all of your inventory into the computer and then when you get an order, you just scan the barcode on each item in the order to fulfill the order. This would make the process a…

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Highlight Quantity in Mobile app

Can I ask you to highlight the quantity
    on the orders page so orders with 2 or more of the same item stand out like on the desktop version where its highlighted in Red.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. drip

Integration with Drip for email communications. Drip is an awesome solution that allows you to create workflows for interaction so you can integrate numerous business process into your customer communication strategy.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. barcode

We currently print out packing slips via WooComerce, we would love to get the barcode on the bottom to scan and view it in shipstation. How can we get the code to do that?

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. box dimensions keep going to zero

When I'm trying to enter in the box dimensions, it keeps trying to update the price of the selected service, and kicks the number I just entered back to zero. I used to be able to enter the 3 dimensions quickly by hitting tab in-between, and now I have to pause a few seconds before I can enter in the next field. This is a real pain when I am shipping multiple orders quickly

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have Shipstation import "Bill-to" data (name, address, etc)

Have Shipstation import "Bill-to" data from WooCommerce so that the packing slip can display the name of the person placing the order, in case they differ from the recipient. Would be useful for gifts, interdepartmental ordering, etc.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! Currently, it is possible to use the bill to name as a packing slip field replacement for orders. That field replacement is: [Buyer Name]
    For WooCommerce, we receive Bill To Name, email, company, and phone number. But, only the Buyer name is an available field replacement for packing slips and emails.

Since we are a shipping software, we only import the shipping addresses from the selling channel.

17. Return Label/ Shipping Label/ Packing Slip Order

An option to switch the order of printing of the packing slip, return label, and shippibg label to match the order of operation for our warehouse would be useful.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Order Notes (Custom Field 3) in new view is far too below, need to scroll down every order in order to view it

ShipStation is using a new view today 10/9/2017, but the "Order Notes" (Customer, To Buyer, Internal, Gift, Custom Field 1, 2 & 3) is too far below the order items.
    In the old view, when we clicked into an order, we don't have to scroll down and can already see the Custom Field 3. Now we have to scroll down every order to check all Order Notes.
    Can ShipStation move the Order Notes back up?

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The ability to hide SKUs on imported orders for component SKUs

I would be nice to be able to hide SKUs from imported orders.

Let me explain my reasoning. Like many other Shipsattion users, we use bundles. The components of the bundles are tracked by our inventory management software...Linnworks. All of our channels orders come into Linnworks and than are exported to ShipStation for shipping. Linnworks can send to ShipStation either the bundle's sku or the bundle sku and its component skus. There is no option to send just the component skus. The second option is basically worthless since it makes for a very confusing picklist and packing slip. The ability…

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Order Field values passed to Action fields in Automation Rules

When creating an automation rule for orders, it would be nice if there was a way to pass order contents on into action fields. Example: A criteria matched order has Custom Feilds populated with 3rd party shipping account credentials. The values of those custom fields then can be variably used as the shipping account number and zip code on the "charge 3rd party shipping" action.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base