Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More than 5 Batch Labels

Being limited to 5 batch labels seems a little arbitrary and just few enough to make it not useful for more complex sorting...

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Label on a batch as I or after I create it.

I also would like to ask for the possibility of being able to put my own label on a batch as I or after I create it. This would make it easier to identify different batches I have open.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ship to Fed Ex Hold Locations

Thanks for getting in touch with us,
    At this time, ShipStation does not currently support the Hold at Location option for FedEx, which I do apologise for if it causes any inconvenience.
    However, I do see how this feature could be helpful for a shipper's workflow. Please feel free to post on our feedback forum with this idea. The forum is checked often by our development team, and many of our current features were originally suggestions fro

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. New Zealand Post

Integrate with New Zealand Post or Fastway! Australia, UK and Canada post already available. How about NZ? We personally need this in order to continue using Shipstation. There are other shipping apps that do integrate, but have loved Shipstation for years. The API is available. Grab that market share before it's gone.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Label messages for UPS UK

Are you able to fix an issue so that label messages can be sent to UPS UK please.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. At this time, you will only be able to set one view as default per order status. If you add a default view to your Awaiting Shipment, then a

Allow saved "order views" per status type.

At the moment, you can only set one view as default per order. If you add a default view to your Awaiting Shipment, then attempt to add a default to your Awaiting payment status, the most recent one will cancel the former out.

It would be better if the "show me this view by default" worked per status.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. GDPR compliance?

I'm inquiring to see how we can delete customers and orders (a complete deletion). We need a way to delete customers from the EU territories at request beginning May 25th as per Article 17.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. notify low inventory for a specified threshold number for each product

ShipStation currently has the option to get an alert when the inventory goes below specified number. But that number is for all products. I need a specific number for each product as some products sell faster than others.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I am looking for an option to print the shipping label and relevant packing slip on consecutive 4 x 6 labels.

i want to print the printer to print the packing slip followed by the relevant label. We put the packing slip in the shipping box and the shipping label is on the outside of the box but its much more efficient if the packing slip is printed one after another with the shipping label

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. top seller breakdown on phone app

Love the phone app since it allows me refresh and see how many orders are coming through.... it would be very helpful if i can also see which items are selling the most from those orders.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @melody2! Thanks for taking the time to share this with us! You can see your best selling products on ShipStation Mobile.

Open up your app, go to the “Insights” page, and you’ll see 3 pages across the top or bottom of your screen depending on what kind of phone you’re using—“Overview”, “Operations”, and “Sales.” You’ll want to head over to “Sales” and scroll to the bottom of the screen for this information.

11. include both "ship to" and "sold to" info at top of Orders page

it would be helpful to include both "ship to" and "sold to" information at the top of the Orders page, since different "ship to" and "sold to" information indicate a gift, in which case we have to use a different shipping label process for those orders. the way it is currently set up, that information can only be seen when manually clicking on each order

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Helene,

Thank you for your feedback. We actually have this functionality in the app now. Your account has the Recipient Column on the Orders grid, looks like you will need to enable the Buyer Column as well.

If you are using Version 2 you can add the Buyer Column by selecting “Columns” in the upper right corner of your Orders Grid then checking the Buyer option. If you are in Version 3 (V3) select View, next to the filter bar, then “Edit Columns.”

Once you check the Buyer option you can rearrange your columns by Clicking and dragging the columns to their preferred order.

Please reach out to support if you have any additional questions, we would be happy to assist.

12. Send NEW Tracking Info After a VOID'd Shipment.

I wish there was a feature where customers would get a notification with an updated tracking label.

I've had to VOID shipments and my customer gets a notification that her order was cancelled but when I use her same order to make a new label, she doesn't get a notification that her order was re-shipped.

I hope you choose to change this in the future, I know many people would appreciate it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thanks for bringing this up! When you create any labels (the first label you make or any additional ones after), as long as your shipment notification email is set your customer should be receiving an email.

Here’s where you can check if all of your orders for a store is sending shipment notifications: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205901608

Let us know here in the product feedback forum if this helps!

13. it would be great if manually entered addresses (Manual Orders) were automatically imported into the customer database.

it would be great if manually entered addresses (Manual Orders) were automatically imported into the customer database. This way when I manually ship to the same person in the future their address will auto populated.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Mobile App Keyboard Gets In The Way When Trying To Create A Label

Just some feedback on the mobile app. It's rather cumbersome to get the keyboard to go away or to jump to the next field when trying to enter shipping information while creating an order.

The keyboard covers the weight and dimensions so you have to enter the weight, then kinda scroll up and down to get the keyboard to go away. You then have to do the same thing for each of the 3 dimensions. I'm guessing it's the type of field that prevents to navigation arrows from appearing that let you switch between fields while the keyboard is engaged.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ShipStation Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add the 'Shipping Account' column to be able to export from the Export-Shipped Orders menu

Add the 'Shipping Account' column to be able to export from the Export-Shipped Orders menu

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Shipping Account column is available in the Shipped Orders grid in ShipStation’s new layout (formerly called ShipStation V3).

If you choose the Other Actions > Export Orders option, choose the option to export my current view and ShipStation will include that column data in the export.

16. return address different than ship from address

At times we ship on behalf of others and need to have s different ship from address than the return address printed on the label.

We physically ship from San Diego - zip 92131, But, for example, the return address on the label may be some seller in Ohio. Need to create label with shipping rate from 92131.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Multiple logos

I do fulfillment for multiple companies. I would like to be able to either select a different logo for each label OR opt to have no logo on the label. On a case by case basis, as labels are printed, without having to go into account management.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi! Thanks for bringing this up! The way to do this would be to create a new manual ShipStation store for each of your clients. Each store you set up will have its own branding components (including logo). If you reach out to our team from the help center (help.shipstation.com), we’ll be able to walk you through what it would mean to have that set up!

18. Shipbob

Please integrate with Shipbob, their API is really easy https://developer.shipbob.com/release-notes
    And it is useful to have some other fulfillment company, not just FBA and Shipwire

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Automatically schedule a Fedex pickup thru Shipstation without having to go to Fedex's website

Automatically schedule a Fedex pickup thru Shipstation without having to go to Fedex's website

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Scan to verify multiple, duplicate line items

If multiple lines on an order contain the same SKU or UPC, the scan to verify function becomes useless. For example, I have attached a screenshot of an order that contains the same item multiple times, I receive an error message after only verifying 1 of the items. It would be great if this functionality was enabled.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base