Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. FedEX Dangerous goods shipping for expidited air shipments

We ship FedEx ground primarily but in the winter months would like the option to do expedited air shipments even though our product is a dangerous good in the air. Plus DG paperwork is cumbersome while also requiring the upmost accuracy. With similar templates to what is already provided that could greatly streamline our process and allow us to do more with shipstation.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hello!

Thank you so much for voting on this feature and helping us continue to improve ShipStation. We are currently reviewing the option to support Dangerous Goods via FedEx and will be sure to update you once we have made a final decision. Please note that our integrated FedEx reseller, FirstMile, does currently support this functionality given their relationship with FedEx. I recommend contacting them for more information.

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

2. Add Orders Tagging & Order Exports while working in Batch

We currently use the new batch options as working folders for orders in which we after tag and export to order and process in other systems.

Adding the Order actions such as tagging and exporting is essential for the batch view!

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. lot number mandatory for food sellers

lot number tracking for items become mandatory to all food companies.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback!
    Would you mind elaborating on what lot numbers do for your business and items?
    Additional info on what you’re currently doing to get around the lack of this feature in ShipStation is also helpful.
    Please reply back here in the Feedback Forum, Thank you!

4. Mark as Paid - for multiple orders / bulk action

Currently you can only Mark one Order as Paid at a time. This is extremely cumbersome. I was chatting with support and they even told me it was possible, because the GUI makes it appear so. You are allowed to select all orders on the page and then click the Mark as Paid button, enter your Amount Paid and Shipping Paid info and submit...and you think it's going to work, but then it only Marks the top order in your selection. Such a tease! Boooooo. I'm on my way to go manually mark 75 orders as Paid, so I'll check…

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @Joe! Thanks for all this!! I’ve gone ahead and merged two of the three. It looks like the user there is asking for a plethora of bulk actions and I’d like to not limit that idea to only mark as paid.

Can you tell us more about how you process your orders? Do all of your orders go into Awaiting Payment, or is this a special subset of your orders?

5. Solid Commerce Integration

Solid Commerce is an inventory management tool similar to Channel Adviser. It helps to list your inventory to the various marketplaces such as eBay, Amazon, Rakuten, Newegg, Sears, and your personal website in one shot. It also stores all of your inventory in one central location so you can have you full quantity on every site instead of dividing inventory up between multiple marketplaces which can result in lost sales. Solid Commerce does also bring in all orders from the various sites so this integration would be great because then tracking numbers and shipping data can be updated on the…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thank you for your feedback on Solid Commerce. While we do not currently have a native integration we do have an ecosystem of solution partners who may be able to help. For more information please complete the integration request form and we will have someone reach out to learn more about your integration needs. https://hubs.ly/H0xYDKj0

6. New inventory report

Now that we can add inventory we need a new report to show
    Products sold - Sale Total - Cost - Profit Totals

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for leaving your thoughts, everyone! We’ll keep this in mind; for now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.
    If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

7. Ability to delay shipment notification email regardless of marketplace notifications.

I want to delay shipment notification to my customers until their package hits the USPS mail stream. The documentation at https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206638577#auto
    says that if I use a supported carrier, "you'll be able to set up Delayed Shipment Notifications based on when the shipment first hits the mailstream". Customer support, however, says that this doesn't work unless marketplace notification is also happening. I don't see why one has anything to do with the other - my carrier is USPS/stamps.com and SS is talking to it. My marketplace is Paypal and I don't really care if it's updated or not.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for posting your idea here, @Julia! At this time delayed notification is tied to both marketplace and customer updates. Is there something you’re looking for with a delayed shipment email confirmation?

From ShipStation users to my own ecommerce experiences, I’ve seen email confirmations edited to: “Your shipping label has been created, please wait X hours before checking your tracking number” and this alleviates your customers reaching out to you.

8. Show OrderID (ShipStations unique identifier for every order)

We have multiple ebay channels connected to Shipstation, so we get duplicate order numbers as Shipstation is currently using eBay sales record number as order id.
    Can we get the shipstation id to show up on record because our warehouse pulls the shipstation order id to fulfill the orders

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @Matmul, thank you for bringing this up. Can you give us some more information on what you mean by “our warehouse pulls the shipstation order id”? For example, is your warehouse using the API for a custom app you’ve built? And how does this relate to what you’re looking at in ShipStation?

Hopefully we can work on a something that’ll help you get the ball rolling so let us know here in the product feedback forum.

9. Please integrate with Shipped By NewEgg fulfillment

I use Shipped By NewEgg for quote some packages and it would be nice, if I could use it with the same streamlined easiness as Amazon FBA.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind, but would like to see more interest from other ShipStation users before we pursue a partnership. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

Thank you,

ShipStation

10. 60 day Order Activity Deletion

Why would you have all order activity & history delete upon 60 days automatically? This is information that should stay indefinitely with any order that is created. Your agent replied that "If we did not delete history after a certain amount of time, that would be an exceedingly large amount of data to store." which may be true, but its one reason why we are paying for your software & service. Besides cutting-cost on your end financially, there is absolutely no benefit to any users by doing this. Please allow Order Activity to be retained indefinitely on any order. If…

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Caleb!

An order’s record itself can never be deleted. It can be inactivated, but an order cannot be deleted. No order entry will be permanently wiped from the system. However, the system is working as intended that the order activity is removed after roughly 2 months.

And to help us understand your workflow, how frequently are you going into orders that are older than 2 months old to check the activity? And is this under situations such as a wrong delivery address or when trying to see who on your team shipped a package, etc. that you go back to view these older orders’ activity?

11. Remove "Powered by Shipstation"

Can we have the option to remove Powered by Shipstation from our branded page

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback.

We will consider this request as we plan our future product roadmap.

This post will remain open so more of our users can vote and comment on how this change would be of benefit to them.

12. Do you wish you could send shipping cost back to ChannelAdvisor or mark orders as partially shipped?

It's possible! ChannelAdvisor now allows via it's API the ability to update line items as shipped instead of the whole order (as ShipStation currently does). Through this mysterious magic of API, they can also send the Shipping Cost, Shipping Tax Cost, and Insurance Cost to ChannelAdvisor. Just image what you could do with all that data! Oh the reports you could run.

I bet you're saying to yourself "Wow, that sounds wonderful. How can I help make this happen?"...

All you need to do is upvote this post so that ShipStation sees the err of their deprecated API ways.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request and helping us to improve ShipStation! We will review options for the adding this functionality to our current integration. We’ll let you know once we have an update!

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

13. Combine the Preset Group Customs Declaration Descriptions 5 lines

Combine the Preset Group Customs Declaration Descriptions

Currently the only way that customs descriptions get combined is if you edit each product. So I would like to see our Preset Groups declarations combined on the customs forms.

As it sits with preset groups customs, you will get the same preset group name over and over with a qty of 1. Instead of combining the descriptions and quantity.

Hopefully that is clear

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @Tactical Keychains, thank you for bringing this up. I saw a couple of your other comments regarding this, too, and hope we can identify a business challenge that users will agree with so our product team can move forward with a solution that addresses this challenge.

It sounds like you’re interested in a quick way to combine customs declaration lines to fit within the 5 line limit imposed by some of our carriers, is that right? How often would you say you run into these types of orders vs orders within the limit?

14. google maps

It sure would be helpful to have a icon on the "Buyer / Recipient Info" dialog box to click on to see where the customer is located.

Currently I copy and paste into google maps. Sure would be nice for a one click feature.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the updates! We’ll keep Google Maps in mind for future updates, but for now we’d like to see interest and support from other users and hope to fully understand the business challenges here.

So if you’re interested in this, please be sure to vote and leave a comment!

15. Enable Amazon multi-item, multi-package shipment

ShipStation does not support multi-item shipments on the Amazon connection. We have an order for 4 blenders on seller fulfilled prime, and we now have to log into Seller Central to ship because ShipStation does not support this.

Umm...please fix.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for leaving your thoughts, everyone! We’ll keep this in mind; for now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.
    If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

16. Support for USPS Global Express Guaranteed (GXG)

Would it be possible to add support for the USPS Global Express Guaranteed (GXG) shipping option?

Details:
    https://www.usps.com/ship/gxg.htm

I don't see it mentioned on Express1's site, by Endicia supports it:
    http://www.dymoendicia.com/tools-resources/harrys-hints/global-express-guaranteed

Sometimes we have orders that ship in boxes too large for USPS Priority & Express, but GXG allows the larger sizes. (ex: 24"x15"x24" to Australia)

UPS supports that size, but the rates are significantly higher then USPS GXG.

Thank You,
    Rich

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request/voting and helping us to improve ShipStation! We will need to review our USPS provider partners supported services and determine if it is possible to enable this service within ShipStation. We’ll let you know once we have an update!

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

17. Order Labels & Packing Slips by Order Quantity for Printing

Ability to put Labels & Packing Slips in ascending or descending order by quantity of items in each order when creating labels/printing.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your great idea!
    We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

18. Disable archive doc when print DHL label

I am using DHL and whenever I print a label, an archive document will be printed out automatically. I want a settings that can disable DHL archive doc as it is a wast of label. Since we are using Shipstation, it uses twice the amount of label and half of them now turn into garbage. Please let me disable archive doc print out in Shipstation like in Shiptheory courier settings.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently, DHL requires the “Archive Doc/Copy” be presented to the carrier upon drop-off/pick-up of packages.
    We’ve seen a lot of comments for this being a waste of labels, however it is a requirement by the carrier.
    Would the consensus here be that a better option would be to have this Archive Doc/Copy print in a seperate method?
    For example: Labels are printed on 4×6, and the Archive Doc could theoretically be printed on an 8.5×11?
    Thanks to all of you for your comments and feedback!

19. International "Customer Overview" and data drill down by State / Country.

Expand the existing "Customer Overview" page to include international orders. Create a more interactive map, allowing you to drill down on states / countries to get specific data.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, @dotmodshipping! Thank you for taking the time to bring this up! We’ll keep this one in mind when planning future roadmaps. For now, we’d like to see your idea gain support from other users before making a decision here.

You may have noticed you’re able to run a report called “Country Comparison Report” on our Insights page under the “Reports” section. This will only give you the countries, however, can you tell us more about the goal you’re trying to achieve by drilling down into a map?

20. Add insurance option to shipping calculator

It would be nice if there was a field in the shipping calculator that will allow us to quote the shipping cost with the carrier insurance included. Right now, we have to either make an order, or click Create Label and then add the value and go through each shipping method to give the customer an accurate cost.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, @Devin! Thanks for taking the time to bring this up! We’ll keep your idea in mind when looking to update the Rate Calculator. For now, we’d like to see what other users have to say about this before moving forward.

If you haven’t already, please comment with your thoughts and how often you’’re using the Rate Calculator to quote your customers.

If you’re using Shipsurance, here is helpful information about their rates: http://www.shipstation.com/insurance-terms-and-conditions/

Feedback and Knowledge Base