Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make 4x6 packing slip in Landscape format

Much easier to read if you make the 4x6 packing slip in a landscape format, You can increase the font size and still keep everything in-line.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. inventory api

I would love to be able to determine product counts through the API.
    This allows me to do things like automatically order certain things as they run low on stock.

We have different manufacturers sending products to a single warehouse and it is very tedious to have a manual process around checking that the quantity that was received was the proper amount, and that we aren't running low on things like packing slips.

55 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Automated email for Reports

It would be awesome to have an option to automatically send a certain report criteria. For example the ability to automatically send and excel report of daily shipments to myself. Or a monthly report for shipping cost.

54 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Daniel, thank you for adding your idea! Are you only interested in the shipping cost report or are you looking to generate several weekly/monthly reports? Would this just be for you or for other eyes as well?

4. Add Klaviyo Integration

Add Klaviyo as a supported integration like you have done for Mailchimp.

54 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show Tracking Numbers For Marked As Shipped Orders

When an order is in a Shipped status and a tracking number exists, the tracking number should be available in the Orders list or the Order Details page.

It is currently shown on the Order Details page for manual shipments, but not for any fulfillment.

It should be displayed above Shipping Info even when it was a fulfillment order. There's really no reason for it not to be displayed here.

51 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing up this improvement for fulfillments!

We’d like for your idea to gain momentum and support from other users before making a decision. Please comment here in the forum with any information that may catch the attention of other users.

6. Allow manual Blind Shipping

We do drop shipping for many customers and need to make the package look like it is shipping from our customer to their customer (even though we are shipping it). While shipping, we should be able to select "Other" from the warehouse field and manually type in a temporary "From address"

50 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Laser Ship carrier integration

I would like a new carrier for the Southeast regional. I've heard Laser Ship is great but I'm open to anyone with great rates that's doing same day & next day shipping.

49 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide WYSIWYG Editing for Packing Slips

I'm fairly new to ShipStation, but it seems one of the obvious enhancements would be to allow customization of the packing slips without needing HTML skills...essentially, exactly the same interface available to edit the email templates.

49 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, everyone! We’re still interested in seeing more users add their support for this idea, whether through votes or comments, so please keep them coming!

In the meantime, here are example codes for our packing slips that may point you in the right direction: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206639907

Please reach out to us through chat or at support@shipstation.com if you’d like some more explanation on the examples.

9. Have the tracking link on the Shipments tab link to the Branded Tracking

Love the branded tracking, but still about 70% of customer contact is in relation to shipping, and my replies nearly always include a link to the carrier's tracking site, which I get by right clicking and 'copy link address' from the Shipments page in SS.

My request is that these links also link to the branded tracking, so I can see what the customer sees, and also avoids the need to link to USPS, DHL etc.

49 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Xero

Many retailers in the UK use XERO for invoicing, accounting and tracking their inventory. We think XERO and Shipstation could be synchronised.

48 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We need the ability to manipulate rates or show no rates for each user. We need to be able add handling charges as a percentage or fixed $

We need the ability to manipulate rates or show no rates for each user. Both UPS and FedEx have this feature in ups.com CampusShip and fedex.com ShipAdmin. We have many users and / or third party vendors that use our accounts and we charge them additionally or public rates when using our UPS/FedEx account. We need to be able add handling charges as a percentage or fixed amounts on top of base shipping charges. For some users, we’d like to hide the rates completely. This is common practice in shipping industry and we’re surprised you don’t have that configuration option…

47 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @gosatest, thank you for taking the time to bring this up! We’ll keep this in mind, but for now we’d like to see if other users are experiencing similar business challenges to yours before moving forward.

12. Delivery Time API

The ShipStation API has a "Get Rates" endpoint that allows a consumer to retrieve rates for carrier shipping services, much like the Rate Calculator in the web interface (except the API requires you to specify the carrier).

In the response, the call returns the following fields:
    - serviceName (FedEx First Overnight)
    - serviceCode (fedexfirstovernight)
    - shipmentCost (87.8)
    - otherCost (2.63)

In the web interface, it also returns Package (which I'm not too concerned about) and Delivery Time ("7 days," "3 days," etc).

It would help me tremendously to have the API report the Delivery Time for each rate…

47 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Set insurance amount for carrier in Automation Rules

In our business we have multiple forms of insurance on our shipments as we sell a lot of laptop computers and need to make sure it is safe. Within our FedEx Account we have discounted rates and special policies so we only need to apply a set amount of insurance to each package as it is cheaper to insure it for more or less than the sell price usually.The current option in Automation Rules only allows you to set the Insurance to Carrier, ShipStation Insurance or External/Other.The ability to set the amount of insurance on the shipment as well would…

45 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The ability to have decimal points in the quantities.

We sell items by weight, so when someone purchase 1.25 lbs it shows up as a quantity of 1.25. Shipstation rounds this up to a quantity of 2 which makes all our packing slips and international shipping labels incorrect. When a person purchases 1.25 lbs at $80 for instance their international shipping label should show they spent $100 but instead Shipstation rounds it up to $160. This is inaccurate and they will then possibly be liable for duties on something they didn't buy. I don't understand why you wouldn't allow decimal points in the quantities. If you did this it…

45 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Being able to set the packing slip size by store instead of a global setting

Currently, packing slips are a global setting applied to all stores. If you have multiple stores where some packing slips are 4 X 6 and some packing slips are 8 X 11, you need to change the account settings every time you print. Would be way more convenient to be able to assign the size of the packing slips by store so you don't have to constantly change the account setting.

45 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @csr! Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind when updating our packing slips. For now, we’d like to see your idea gain more support from other users before making a decision.

Can you tell us what makes the packing slips different between your two stores? Hopefully this added information will help other users better understand your idea so they can add their input and votes.

16. We would like to run a report to tell us to which states we ship to the most

We may run reports to let us know to which US states we ship to the most. Reports could be on monthly basis or custom dates.

44 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for voting, everyone! We’d like to hear more about this idea before making a decision. On our last update, we proposed the Insights heat map located under Insights > Customer Overview. Can you tell us if the heat map has (or has not!) met your needs, and how you’d use the proposed report?

Please feel free to add any other information and be sure to comment here in the forum for all to see.

17. HazMat service with my already in place contract from UPS

I ship smokeless powder which qualifies as Hazmat, a feature I need. Please, as we are Mac based, UPS seems to have no plans for an Apple version of World Ship and Hazmat has to be computer generated.

44 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

@James, thanks for checking in on this one. We’re still interested in this idea and we don’t have a timeline on it. This is something that will need further investigation from our end as well as working with UPS to be able to further integrate Hazardous Material support.

18. Auto-Schedule FedEx Pickup

It would be really nice if, when you ship using FedEx, you could have an option to automatically schedule a FedEx pickup without having to go to their website separately and request a pickup.

44 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be great if I could customize an email template with the customers first or last name

Being able to do this adds a personal touch and the email doesn't seem so Generic

44 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Integrate with Allin1Ship

I have been using Allin1Ship for some time now and I love their service, however, they do not have a direct integration with Shipstation, this, therefore, doesn't allow me to have access to pricing or any additional benefits an integration would provide.

They told me they have direct integrations with other platforms and can go to them but I love ShipStation and don't want to leave.

Now, they are trying to integrate with Shipstation for all of their customers but ShipStation has to approve them first.

As a customer of both, I would really like to see this partnership happen…

43 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base