Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. DPD DIRECT SERVICE

DPD Shipping options

DPD Direct (see image attached)

The Service we use is not on Shipstation therefore i cant automate my labels.
    i am guessing this will cause issues with other people who used this service

Could this bee added please.

Cheers

Craig

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Rate calculator country selection improvement

When using the rate calculator, the process of selecting a destination country is awkward, especially compared to the country selector in the "manual order entry" window.

Let's say I'm shipping to Thailand...

In the manual order entry window:
    - click or tab over to the country box
    - start typing "Th" and instantly, the text autocompletes to "Thailand"...no hunting required

In the rate calculator:
    - click on the current country
    - must use mouse to scroll through the entire list and then click on the country...

This may seem like a little thing, but I'm way slower slogging around with…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Always have 'notify marketplace' and/or 'notify customer' selected for orders

Like SO MANY ShipStation user requests, this idea has been brought up before, voted on as a good idea, and then NOTHING happens!

People please! Regardless of whether you actually need this feature or not...let's vote this thing through the roof and see if ShipStation actually does something!

And ShipStation....please listen to us when we say we want something made! Stop saying "please vote on this (...and then we'll secretly do absolutely nothing)". Man-up and get your hands dirty! ;)

The Problem -

Our business needs an option to always have the 'notify marketplace' and/or 'notify customer' selected for orders.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In ShipStation’s new layout (formerly called ShipStation V3), the default state for both “Notify marketplace” and “Notify Customer” in the Mark as Shipped popup is now set to enabled.

This change will not be applied to ShipStation Legacy.

4. Order Status Display During Scan and Verify

When using Scan and Verify, the current Order Status is not displayed in the screen header (like on other ShipStation screens).

When processing orders - entering/scanning in the order # - the Order Status should be displayed on the header next to the order number, and it would be better to also warn the shipper that the order is now Canceled (Same as warning given when duplicate printing a packing slip).

Since orders can be canceled by the channel (e.g. Shopify) between the pick & pack time frame... this would help prevent unnecessary shipments.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. low stock against threshold inventory report

The current low inventory report does not show items that have 0 stock. It only shows if it have >=1. This makes the report useless as a check on what you need to reorder as its just as important, if not more so, to see the products we have no stock of.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Filters on Shipments Tab

"Saved Filters" Dropdown on Orders Tab, would be super helpful to have available on the Shipments Tab as well

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Show customer info in Combine Orders pop-up

When combining orders, it would be nice to see the customer info in the pop up window of the combining orders.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When combining shipments from multiple orders in ShipStation’s new layout (formerly called ShipStation V3), the combine pop-up now displays the recipient Ship To details, selected service (if present) and any notes in the order details.

8. Add a column for Return Reason in the Returns export

The Returns CSV export doesn't include a column for Return Reason. It should!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Scan to Verify

Have option to refresh scan screen after order marked as verified.

We use the Scan to Verify and Scan to Print options in our fulfillment process. However, we have three different stations set up for this. At the beginning of the line, an employee scans the packing slip and then proceeds to scan the items to verify the order. It then gets boxed and packaged by the following employee. The third employee scans the packing slip again for the scan to print option and creates the shipping label.

The issue is, the first employee verifying the order has to manually…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback!

We just released a Scan to Verify “only” mode in ShipStation’s new layout. Once the order is verified in this mode, ShipStation automatically moves the focus back to the search field so you can immediately scan the next order. This mode also removes the print elements to better accommodate your type of workflow, where verifying and printing are separate steps.

Check out our latest What’s New article for more details under the “Improved Functionality section”: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044452451

10. tophatter marketplace integration

think it would be a great idea to integrate top hatter as it is gaining a lot of customers

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Link to order details

Ability to link directly to order details page.
    Hyperlink that goes right to the order details for one of your orders instead of having to search for it.
    something like https://ss6.shipstation.com/#/orders?ordernum=32421334
    People have tried to get this done already.
    http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/126593-idea-archive/suggestions/17386843-url-to-go-directly-to-details

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Square online store integration

TLDR; Please find a way to connect ShipStation to Square Online.

I'm on a Weebly site using Square Online and I can't connect to ShipStation. This is a non-starter for me -- I will have to find a different solution for shipping.

I also have another business where I use Weebly and ShipStation. Because it's an old site, I haven't been migrated to Square Online yet, but I am being prompted to do so by Weebly/Square and when I do, I assume the connection will break and I will have to find a different shipping solution for that business as…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. V3 Ship Date Filter for last month

I do not like the new V3 that does not allow me view my shipments from selecting only the last month. This is how I would bill my customers. Now i only have either the last 30 days is the closest. However, for example today i can not bill for only the month of November. Please fix this issue so I can bill my cusomers monthly as usual.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Scan to verify and print internals note and stopping an order to be processed

Let me just say that I just found this tool and I really like it. I really think my team will be able to use it. However, there is something missing before I can present it to my team. We need a way to make it so an order cannot be processed on this tool, or the internal notes, tags and wrong address warning can be visible. If a customer asked us to put there order on hold, at the moment, if we used the scan tool, there would be no way for my team to see an internal note…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Save as shipping defaults for this product add to V3

Please add the check box to Save as shipping defaults for this product for V3

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This option has been added to ShipStation’s new layout (formerly called ShipStation V3). When the order contains one line item, or when a split shipment contains only one line item (regardless of quantity), the “Click to save as shipping defaults for this product” appears in the configure shipment widget.

16. Prevent Double Printing

We would love to have a pop-up to prevent a batch from being printed more than once. Over the past 3 months, we have had 3 instances with 3 different employees printing a batch twice. This resulted in all orders from these batches being sent out twice, so we paid double for shipping and cost of the products for all of these orders. This happened because the tiny "mark when printed" checkbox was not checked when it was printed the first time. A pop-up to say something like "This batch has already been printed. Do you want to print it…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Scan to Print Not Working for carriers without rates

Scan to Print only works with shipping services that return a real time rate through the API. So shipping services such as DHL via Endicia, Globegistics, UPS MI, Asendia, etc. cannot be used with the Scan to Print service. As 90% of all our packages are sent via DHL/Endicia or Globegistics, this functionality is completely useless for us. Please fix this.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Update Product weight and UPC while Shipping

Please have a button or way to save product weight while processing shipments so we do not have to go into the product database or import the product details separately to update new items or correct incorrect items.

For example, manufacturer has all the weights at 16oz, but really several are 15. This can make the difference of a couple dollars per shipment. Another example, Excel removed a leading 0 on UPC and it isn't scanning correctly. This would allow us to update product details on random items MUCH faster without disrupting the flow of shipping.

It can be limited…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now possible in ShipStation’s new layout!

When you are working on an order, you can open the Product Details from the Orders Details by clicking on the product name.

In the Product Details, you can enter the weight (and other details, like UPC) and then click the option “Apply Changes to Open Orders” before saving the change.

This will then apply the weight – or other product detail – you just entered to all other orders that contain that product and are still in the Awaiting Shipment status.

ShipStation will also apply these details (called Product Defaults) to orders containing that product as soon as they import from your selling channels.

19. Add support for Australia Post eParcel "Parcel Post Wine + Signature" service

Hi,
    Australia Post (eParcel) has a charge code (aka "Service" inside ShipStation's Account Settings | Shipping | Carriers & Fulfillment | Shipping Options) called "Parcel Post Wine + Signature"

This service is similar to Regular eParcel, so to ship a product we might choose either regular eparcel, express post eparcel, or parcel post wine + signature.

Currently ShipStation does not provide support for the "Parcel Post Wine + Signature" service.

It would be great if ShipStation Developers could add in support for the "Parcel Post Wine + Signature" service. My business cannot ship from within ShipStation without this service enabled.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Packing Slips Pg.2 Cont'd...

I prefer to print my Shipping Label & Packing Slips on the same sheet of paper, however...

I noticed that if the Packing Slip Line Items exceed what can fit on a standard sheet of printing paper, it simply gets cut off...

Reached out to ShipStation Support and they said there is no way to make it so the excess content of the Packing Slip continues to print on a 2nd page.

ShipStation Support recommended I request that feature added, here on this forum, so...here I am! fingers crossed

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi! Thanks for sharing this with us! Please reach out to our support team to have this setting turned on for you. I see you last spoke with our team here and I’ve let them know how to handle it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base