Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copy Automation Rules

Please add the ability to copy automation rules just like packing slips can be copied.

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    In consideration queue  ·  11 comments  ·  User & Account Mgmt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shipping and Quotes for Multiple Packages

We ship a large majority of our orders in multiple packages and currently do so manually by going into the order, clicking "+" next to "Package" to ship multiple packages, and applying a "Package Set". It would save a lot of time to allow multiple packages when creating new "Preset Groups" under the "Products" tab. Currently, it only allows us to preset one package under "Shipping Defaults" when adding a Preset Group. Please also input a "+" button for multiple packages for the Rate Calculator and when creating return labels. These new additions would improve our workflow and the efficiency…

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In consideration queue  ·  16 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lock packer to "Ship From" location

We would like to lock packers via admin setting to a warehouse location so that packer will not have to constantly use a drop down menu on order detail page to choose his location.

This feature should be beneficial to any SS user where there is more than 1 warehouse.

I.e. David the packer is located in NY, so upon creation of his account by admin we will choose a default warehouse for David - Warehouse NY.

Then anytime David will be logged into the system "Ship From" location will be preselected and locked for David.

If David moves to…

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Royal Mail Tracking

Could we get royal mail tracking within shipstation? As far as I am aware there is a RM tracking API which allows pulling this information without going to the RM tracking page. Royal mail also offers delivery tracking for the 24 and 48 service which does not require signature. It would be great to have tracking information for these parcels too or at least the parcel number populated in the tracking field. Currently we have to take this from the label manually.

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. switching between 8X11 and 4X6 custom packing slips

I was hoping you can add the ability to make switching between custom 4x6 and 8x11 packing slips easier. Our store is mainly a daily deals type store but we also have thousands of different products so half of our sales are people ordering one quantity of one product and the other half of our orders is just like any other. It is important that we switch between the 4x6 printer and the 8x11 printer in order to make our daily workflow go smoothly.

We currently print the daily deals type orders on the 4x6 and regular orders on 8x11…

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In consideration queue  ·  3 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Have the tracking link on the Shipments tab link to the Branded Tracking

Love the branded tracking, but still about 70% of customer contact is in relation to shipping, and my replies nearly always include a link to the carrier's tracking site, which I get by right clicking and 'copy link address' from the Shipments page in SS.

My request is that these links also link to the branded tracking, so I can see what the customer sees, and also avoids the need to link to USPS, DHL etc.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In consideration queue  ·  7 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. It would be great if I could customize an email template with the customers first or last name

Being able to do this adds a personal touch and the email doesn't seem so Generic

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. manual override setting needed for residential/commercial address type

SS discovers the address type through verification. But if verification doesnt work (international or brand new domestic location for instance) then Fedex shipping will default to commercial. This causes problems because ISR is not a valid signature option for commercial delivery. Also residential delivery uses the Fedex Home service not Fedex Ground. These services have different rates, schedules, and delivery options. If you create a shipment on fedex.com there is a checkbox there to allow you to declare the address as residential. SS needs the same capability.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In consideration queue  ·  9 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Branded Tracking Page- Support Mark as Shipped orders and Fulfillments that use supported carriers.

Branded tracking page is awesome, I'd like to propose that devs expand to include the big 4 (FedEx UPS DHL & USPS) on Mark as Shipped orders.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In consideration queue  ·  15 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add customs broker capability

We sometimes have customers in Canada (when shipping through Fedex) who have their own brokers for customs clearance. It would be nice if we could add this information to their shipping information.

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Customizing Carrier Drop Down Lists

As Shipstation is adding new carriers the list of carriers in the drop down lists is getting so long that it now requires scrolling to access popular carriers like UPS. This is really cumbersome when updating shipping information from a drop ship or external shipping process. How about either suggestion carrier based on the tracking number (which would also increase speed) or at least allow personalized reorder of carrier list or even turn off carriers not used by users in preferences.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sending or showing multiple package tracking numbers to let customers know more packages are coming if they receive one of multiple package

Sometimes our customers get confused when they receive one of multiple packages and open the package, there are not full items they ordered, because they only can see one tracking number and they don't expect more packages are coming. Sending or showing multiple package tracking numbers can help customers to know whats going on their orders and definitely reduce these concerns.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In consideration queue  ·  10 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bring back search all history

Please bring back the 'search all time' option/link that displayed at the bottom of the standard 6 months of searching for historic orders.

The advanced search takes much longer to use having to pick date ranges etc - even having an option in that screen to just search for all time would be much quicker.

Thanks!

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In consideration queue  ·  10 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Flag orders that have had their address modified by ShipStation

Nearly every online platform we sell on requires us to do at least this one thing, "Ship to the address provided by the customer" It gives us seller protection on eBay, helps our case in chargeback claims, and even A-z claims if they come up.

ShipStation's address verification is a very useful tool however sometimes it completely changes an address, and in the flow of hundreds of orders per day we are unaware of it. This leads to return to sender, dead letter, or even mis-delivered packages and in turn, into loss of profit on sales.

I'd like the chance…

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In consideration queue  ·  3 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Amazon Delivery By Date

We are Seller Fulfilled Prime Amazon account. We need to see the Amazon Delivery by Date in order to select the cheapest UPS shipping method.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In consideration queue  ·  8 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Purchase Orders!

Hi! It would be great if you could create a purchase order for your products and have a field for "on order" items. that way you could tell what was on hand, on order, allocated... and then therefore be able to identify if you do not have enough product either on hand or in production to fulfill your orders. I am looking for a whole other inventory integration just so we can do that, when I'm finding shipstation is overall closer to the type of inventory tracking I need minus the on order field.

Just a thought/dream!

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In consideration queue  ·  5 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Facebook Shop integration

Facebook made some updates on their shop. Our company is starting to take this platform more serious. I wanted to know if shipstation can start working on a Facebook shop integration

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Undo Combined Shipping

Combined Shipping need a button for Undo combined shipping that will reverse the process back to the original order # and keeps the original shipping details and order.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In consideration queue  ·  13 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. New update to customs forms for declared value to include discounts received on orders

We would love an update within ship station so that the amount that is pulled from the invoice to autofill in the customs information includes final sub-total, so the true amount paid for the items and removes any discounts or promotions they've received on the order. For international customers, this is crucial to ensure they are not paying additional fees and duties on discounts or promotions they received. Thanks!

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In consideration queue  ·  11 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Customize Reports

I would like to be able to select the information I need on a report. Currently the information I need is spread across multiple reports, and they each contain a lot of information I don't need. I will have to download multiple reports, filter them down, and then combine them. If I could simply choose the criteria I would like to include on a report, it would save a lot of time!

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In consideration queue  ·  4 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base