Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for international customs numbers and codes (ABN, CPF, VOEC, etc.)

Increasingly, foreign countries are passing legislation that requires certain customs numbers or codes to be included on packages, either identify the individual customer so tax can be collected, or identifying the marketplace that has already collected and remitted taxes. Some examples:

Individual
    Brazil - CPF / CPNJ
    South Korea - PCCC
    Italy - CF / PEC
    China - Resident ID

Marketplace
    Australia - ABN
    Norway - VOEC

Shipstation doesn't currently support any of this natively. There is no warning when shipping an order to these countries, there is no field to put this data, you're required to make your own…

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

ShipStation now supports saving various Tax IDs to your ShipStation International Settings. These tax IDs can be added either manually or with automation to your orders’ customs declarations and they will print on the CN23 and commercial invoice forms.

If a specific type of Tax ID is not currently listed in the “Type” drop-down menu, you can use TIN as a generic TaxID Number until we are able to add the new type to the list.

2. batch

Batches need to be seen by all users not just the person that created it.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show line items in the Orders Grid instead of "Multiple"

We need to be able to see each item on a multiple item order. It's no good showing the words 'multiple items.' Sometimes I can only ship a product if I have that product in stock, some 'multiple items' order may contain an item which is not in stock or is a pre order. Inventory management is not the solution. Individual line items for multiple items is.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Orders grid in ShipStation now allows you to expand orders to show the items each order contains along with all the item details (sku, quantity, price, etc).

This feature is not available in ShipStation Legacy.

4. Order Links

My team throws around a LOT of plaintext Order IDs in Slack as we go about our day.

If we need to look up an order, we then have to go to Shipstation, enter the order in search, wait, and then do our thang.

To minimize time and friction, I wanted to write a snippet to automatically convert the plaintext order ID to a link that would open the corresponding Order ID in Shipstation. It would shave off 15-45 seconds from every order lookup... time which adds up!

It seems like a simple fix to be able to link to…

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The order number links in the Orders grid in the new layout (formerly called ShipStation V3) now use a unique link to open the order details. You can copy the URL from the browser URL field when viewing the order details and share with any other user so they can click it and go directly to that order in ShipStation.

5. New Carrier: Startrack

We would like to see more Carriers added to ShipStation. We like Australia Post, but would love to see Startrack as a new Carrier, which belongs to Australia Post.

Startrack offers excellent services such as Fixed Price Premium, which is a very price competitive B2C overnight/Express service, as well as Road Express, which helps with B2B.

Australia Post does offer Express Service, but it is rather expensive and not "Fixed Price".

Thanks!

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Providing vat invoice for UK buyers

If you are a vat registered company in the UK, you are obliged to provide vat invoice to the buyers. We have many customers asking for vat invoice in our business. It would be great if you could add var invoice option to Shipstation which is i believe very important.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This issue should now be addressed with the ability to save multiple tax ID numbers in ShipStation and add them to your shipments. These TaxID number then print on CN23 and commercial invoices, which you include with your shipments.

7. Hot link directly to Shipstation Order

Right now, we need to look up an order in a custom order management system, then look it up in Shipstation. I'd like to create a workflow where we can look up the order in the first system, then just click a link to go directly to the order page in Shipstation. So basically, I'd like to link directly to a Shipstation order page.

However, each order page loads in a modal window so orders aren't given a direct URL. I'd like to simply have a shipsation URL where I can pass in an order id and have that page…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve updated the quicksearch function in ShipStation to allow for this type of direct link.

If you enter the order number at the end of this URL, it will pull up the specific order you are looking for: https://ship.shipstation.com/orders/all-orders-search-result?quickSearch=

We’re going to close this request to give you your votes back and we’ll continue to work to improve the ability for you to reference orders inside our system.

8. Actually Implement a Requested Idea!! & Provide a list of ideas that have been Implemented

I have been using shipstation for 6+ years now. I have submitted ideas, i have voted for ideas, I have requested changes for packing slips, pick lists, email templates, additional custom fields, Import fields, export fields, shipping costs, bulk items, inventory changes, adding custom carriers, freight carriers, better options for more than 1 package orders, Sending notifications for marked as shipped, Combine Fulfillment reports with shipping reports and manifests so you can see everything that shipped out and not just what went out via parcel, etc.. Over the past 6 years the only change i have seen is the help…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

There are a few ways you can view the ideas that we’ve implemented or updates we’ve made.

Here on the feedback forum you can filter ideas by status. Go to the home page (click the ShipStation logo in the top left to get there) and then set the Status filter to “Completed” – see attached image. The list of ideas will then show you all the posts we’ve set to the completed status.

We also now have a regular “Improvements and Bug Fixes” blog post on our ShipStation Community page. We are posting this blog regularly so our users can see what new or improved features have been released and what bugs have recently been fixed. Here is our most recent post (another coming next week): https://community.shipstation.com/t5/Blog/ShipStation-Improvements-and-Bug-Fixes-Apr-19-30/ba-p/1333

New features or significant changes to features will also appear in our “What New in ShipStation?” help article, which is typically updated…

9. integration for Couriers Please in Australia

Please add an integration for Couriers Please in Australia.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Need to see actual items not the word (Multiple items)

Currently, I have 4041 orders to fill today. http://screencast.com/t/c8NxtCNt

My staff is each assigned an item or group of items to fill that day. Your system doesnt show what items are in the order unless you click on the order. For 4,000 orders a day this is a very slow process.

I need it changed to indicate the actual items.

I will pay you to address this issue.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is now possible in ShipStation’s new layout (formerly called ShipStation V3). Order with multiple items now have a disclosure triangle in the Orders grid that when clicked will show each item in the order as its own line item in the grid. Review our View, Search, and Sort orders article for more details: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025869052-View-Search-and-Sort-Orders#UUID-c32ce049-a1eb-9cc8-2dd2-008b33970231

This feature is not available in ShipStation Legacy.

11. Missing Address Line 3

The address line 3 field has been removed. Why? Many times a marketplace sends over a long address from an international customer on the address line 1 and 2 fields. We many times have to edit this address and move part of it down to the address line 3 field or the company name field. Sometimes we have to use both lines.

There is now now way to add the address line 3 in manually when it is needed. I am not sure if this change was not well thought out, but it is causing problems for some of our…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

ShipStation’s new layout (formerly called ShipStation V3) does include address line 3 in both the New Order pop-up and in the Order Details recipient. Additionally, if we receive line 3 from the selling channel or CSV import, it should display whether you are using the new or legacy layout of ShipStation.

Please be aware that not all carriers support Address Line 3 (FedEx will often not accept addresses with a 3rd line and you’ll have to consolidate the address into 2 lines when that happens).

12. Develop a Zendesk integration

It would be really nice to be able to connect ShipStation to Zendesk. Having all the order info in one place would be very helpful

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide realtime carrier rates to BigCommerce Checkout

Hi,
    It would be highly profitable for ShipStation if you where to implement this feature:
    1. Collaborate with BigCommerce to enable bigcommerce to request real-time shipping rates from ShipStation (who would request it from the users configured carriers)
    2. After ShipStation provides the realtime rates back to bigcommerce, have bigcommerce display these rates in the shopping cart "Estimate Shipping" and during the Checkout process.

This will really make ShipStation stand out as an attractive option for bigcommerce users looking for better shipping management.

The ShipStation API already provides support for retrieving shipping rates. It would not be too difficult for…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Inventory on Mobile App

I would love if there was a way to track products using the mobile app. It would be so much easier to carry a phone or tablet to take inventory instead of needing to lug a computer around. It would certainly make my life a lot easier.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ShipStation Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve completed our initial view-only inventory mobile implementation. Future plans for mobile inventory enhancements can be tracked in other Mobile Inventory feedback that specifically refer to editing inventory information.

15. Schedule Pickup with FedEx & DHL

Need a way to schedule a pickup when booking with Fedex/DHL etc. We don't necessarily have a pickup scheduled every day, for all carriers. The whole point of this interface is to reduce time inputting & executing orders. If we have to go login to Fedex or DHL every time we need to book a pickup it loses its effectiveness.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Split an order from Order Details view

Splitting orders for partial fulfillment is a very common activity for me, but the process is very clunky. I'm hoping that I'm just missing something that will make it easier.

Right now, it appears I can only split an order by pulling up the Orders view (with or without a filter), selecting one order, digging around for the well-hidden "Split Order" option under the "Other Actions" button, and performing the split from there.

One of the reasons this is cumbersome is that I spend more time in the Order Details view determining how the order needs to be split. I…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  9 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. captcha

Having CAPTCHA impacts our workflow can we have an option to stay logged in and bypass this feature? We fulfill for a couple of companies and each uses their own shipstation, which can be a hassle in itself anyway. So having to find pictures to quickly log in makes this feature a hassle.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, thanks again for letting us know about your experience with reCAPTCHA. We’ve recently made improvements based on your feedback. You should not see the prompt multiple times per day. If you continue to see this, please reach out to our support team at help.shipstation.com so we can better understand what you’re seeing.

To reduce the likelihood you’ll see the prompt, use the same web browser daily without ad-blockers or private browsing.

18. CHANGE TRACKING BACK TO USPS.COM (NO MORE STAMPS.COM)

Please change tracking links back to USPS. Stamps.com looks unprofessional and is not as helpful.

Thank you kindly.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  ShipStation Team responded

Thank you all for your feedback and votes. This change has been reverted and we have gone back to using the USPS tracking page.

19. Purolator label messages

Hi!

Would it be possible to add label messages to Purolator labels?

For example, our fulfillment partner asks for us to print the item SKU on the Puro label.

Thanks !

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Integration with SalesForce

As I am sure that many of us use SalesForce for our CRM, it would be great if ShipStation would take all of our customer transaction data and put it into our SalesForce ORG and enable us to ship directly through SalesForce. Sending return labels through SalesForce would also be awesome!

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base