Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scan to verify and print internals note and stopping an order to be processed

Let me just say that I just found this tool and I really like it. I really think my team will be able to use it. However, there is something missing before I can present it to my team. We need a way to make it so an order cannot be processed on this tool, or the internal notes, tags and wrong address warning can be visible. If a customer asked us to put there order on hold, at the moment, if we used the scan tool, there would be no way for my team to see an internal note…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add/Remove multiple tags

Can we bring back the option to add/remove multiple tags at a time. Not just one then the screen closes and you have to open it again for another tag and so on.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Actually Implement a Requested Idea!! & Provide a list of ideas that have been Implemented

I have been using shipstation for 6+ years now. I have submitted ideas, i have voted for ideas, I have requested changes for packing slips, pick lists, email templates, additional custom fields, Import fields, export fields, shipping costs, bulk items, inventory changes, adding custom carriers, freight carriers, better options for more than 1 package orders, Sending notifications for marked as shipped, Combine Fulfillment reports with shipping reports and manifests so you can see everything that shipped out and not just what went out via parcel, etc.. Over the past 6 years the only change i have seen is the help…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

There are a few ways you can view the ideas that we’ve implemented or updates we’ve made.

Here on the feedback forum you can filter ideas by status. Go to the home page (click the ShipStation logo in the top left to get there) and then set the Status filter to “Completed” – see attached image. The list of ideas will then show you all the posts we’ve set to the completed status.

We also now have a regular “Improvements and Bug Fixes” blog post on our ShipStation Community page. We are posting this blog regularly so our users can see what new or improved features have been released and what bugs have recently been fixed. Here is our most recent post (another coming next week): https://community.shipstation.com/t5/Blog/ShipStation-Improvements-and-Bug-Fixes-Apr-19-30/ba-p/1333

New features or significant changes to features will also appear in our “What New in ShipStation?” help article, which is typically updated…

4. Square online store integration

TLDR; Please find a way to connect ShipStation to Square Online.

I'm on a Weebly site using Square Online and I can't connect to ShipStation. This is a non-starter for me -- I will have to find a different solution for shipping.

I also have another business where I use Weebly and ShipStation. Because it's an old site, I haven't been migrated to Square Online yet, but I am being prompted to do so by Weebly/Square and when I do, I assume the connection will break and I will have to find a different shipping solution for that business as…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can you please allow us to have more views? I don't understand why there are only 5 views?

Can you please allow us to have more than 5 views? Don't understand the limitation on this? I want to be able to categorize how I print my labels based on my different products.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Thank you for your feedback. In ShipStation’s new layout, you can create as many views as you need. Saved custom views in the new layout also appear above the grid instead of in the status sidebar, so they are more easily accessed. Additionally, we’ve added the ability to have saved custom views in the Shipments tab as well.

You can review our help article about using custom order views here: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045864791-Create-Custom-Order-Views

You must update to the new layout to have access to the new custom views. The legacy version remains limited to 5 views. To try out the new layout, click the Try Now button in the top right of your ShipStation screen.

If you don’t see that button, contact our support team so we can enable it for you.

6. DHL eCommerce - v4 API requirement

An email received today from DHL eCommerce states that:

"As part of the technology enhancement effort to elevate services for our customers, DHL eCommerce Solutions will sunset the legacy API Product Finder/Rating endpoint (https://api.dhlecommerce.com/info/v1/products) on Friday, May 28, 2021. The v4 platform is fully functional to facilitate all API endpoints, including: Label, Manifest, Tracking, and Rating. For more v4 details, please visit https://api.dhlecs.com/docs.

Your account has been identified as currently operating on the legacy Product Finder (endpoint). Please transition all related activities before the sunset date to avoid service disruptions. The DHL eCommerce Solutions Team is here…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The integration to the DHL ecommerce V4 was recently completed and all new connections will automatically use the V4 integration.

We are migrating existing users to the v4 integration and no action is required on your part for this to occur.

7. ** URGENT ** DW1 Royal Mail service - integration required by 31st March

This is an enforced service change from Royal Mail. All customers using the PS9 service must use the DW1 service as from 1st April. Please integrate the DW1 (INTL Standard Sort 2) service ASAP. Thanks

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Scan to print show more order details or allow a brief summary of the order

Currently we're in the process of trying to handle orders going on_hold very close to the time where a packer is to pull up the order in ShipStation via scan to print. I'd like for the packer to be able to see either order tags, a summary of order information and the order status so they can decipher whether or not they should be finalizing the shipping of the package and ultimately the order they are managing. So far there is no other way other than to train our personnel to stop using Scan to Print and to resort to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Scan To Verify Search Fields

When using the Scan To Verify function, when we scan the packing slip it pulls up the order but then doesn't automatically move to the next search field (Search for UPC). Therefore when we scan the packing slip we have to physically click into that field and then begin scanning the products. This is difficult for our warehouse staff because their scanning station is some distance away from the computer. Ideally it would be useful to be able to scan products from a mobile device but this is also unavailable on ShipStation. Therefore we are trying to make it work…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Integrate with Wayfair

Is there a plan or an ETA to integrate with wayfair.com?

We are in the process of expanding our online presence and would hate to have switch.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Country selection filter closes after each country selected

We have to use the country selection filter multiple time a day, but we need to select different countries for each time. After clicking a country in the drop-down, it closes and we have to click it again and scroll from the top again. It would be good if it doesn't close after selecting one, and maybe even a quick search at the top to also filter it. Current method is very time consuming.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Group Orders

Bring back the Group orders by Line items in the Main Grid. In the old layout there was a way to group the items by Line Items. That same feature does not exist in the new layout and slows down our shipping process.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ship to Fed Ex Hold Locations

Thanks for getting in touch with us,
    At this time, ShipStation does not currently support the Hold at Location option for FedEx, which I do apologise for if it causes any inconvenience.
    However, I do see how this feature could be helpful for a shipper's workflow. Please feel free to post on our feedback forum with this idea. The forum is checked often by our development team, and many of our current features were originally suggestions fro

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. We need 3rd Part billing to work with Purolator.

We started using ShipStation just last month, and we have sent thousands of dollars of shipping costs through as third party billing with Purolator. Purolator is a major customer of ours, and they require us to use one of their own corporate accounts for our shipping. We just found out last week all the billing for those 3rd Party shipments are being charged back to our own Purolator account, and we can't charge that back to Purolator. There are other customers and suppliers who also want us to use their own Purolator accounts. It is very surprising that the only…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Etsy

I would like Ship Station to be able to pull through Gift Notes from Etsy please. We need to see these as some of our items need messages in.
    Many thanks,
    Bec

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ShipStation will now import the “is_gift” flag and the gift message field from Etsy. If a gift message is present on the order, it will appear in the Gift Message field for the order in ShipStation.

16. ShipperHQ Integration

Our product mix includes an even split between products that ship small parcel and products that ship via an LTL freight carrier. We need to be able to provide live shipping rates within the BigCommerce checkout experience which is most easily done through an application called ShipperHQ. The challenge is that there is not currently an integration between ShipperHQ and Shipstation that would allow us to offer our Shipstation UPS rates to customers within checkout. This shouldn't be that difficult to do via API. Please consider adding this integration.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Support for international customs numbers and codes (ABN, CPF, VOEC, etc.)

Increasingly, foreign countries are passing legislation that requires certain customs numbers or codes to be included on packages, either identify the individual customer so tax can be collected, or identifying the marketplace that has already collected and remitted taxes. Some examples:

Individual
    Brazil - CPF / CPNJ
    South Korea - PCCC
    Italy - CF / PEC
    China - Resident ID

Marketplace
    Australia - ABN
    Norway - VOEC

Shipstation doesn't currently support any of this natively. There is no warning when shipping an order to these countries, there is no field to put this data, you're required to make your own…

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

ShipStation now supports saving various Tax IDs to your ShipStation International Settings. These tax IDs can be added either manually or with automation to your orders’ customs declarations and they will print on the CN23 and commercial invoice forms.

If a specific type of Tax ID is not currently listed in the “Type” drop-down menu, you can use TIN as a generic TaxID Number until we are able to add the new type to the list.

18. Multiple package Option at Print & Scan Page

It would be nice we can select multiple package at scan to print location.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ShipStation added the multi-package ability to the Scan to Verify & Print feature in March of 2021. If the selected carrier supports multipackage shipping, you can create a multipackage shipment in the Scan pop-up.

19. Scan to Verify

Have option to refresh scan screen after order marked as verified.

We use the Scan to Verify and Scan to Print options in our fulfillment process. However, we have three different stations set up for this. At the beginning of the line, an employee scans the packing slip and then proceeds to scan the items to verify the order. It then gets boxed and packaged by the following employee. The third employee scans the packing slip again for the scan to print option and creates the shipping label.

The issue is, the first employee verifying the order has to manually…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback!

We just released a Scan to Verify “only” mode in ShipStation’s new layout. Once the order is verified in this mode, ShipStation automatically moves the focus back to the search field so you can immediately scan the next order. This mode also removes the print elements to better accommodate your type of workflow, where verifying and printing are separate steps.

Check out our latest What’s New article for more details under the “Improved Functionality section”: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044452451

20. Remove the vote limit from this feedback section

I am trying to list all the bugs I have found while working on ShipStation, but I ran out of votes. This is a terrible idea to limit the amount of posts that can be created.

Voting doesn't seem to help, there are plenty of ideas opened 3 years ago that are still open.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  ShipStation Team responded

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Going forward the best way to share feedback about errors or troubles you are running into with existing functionality will be to reach out to our support team directly via a ticket or chat. Any feedback about features or functionality that do not currently exist are going to be best addressed by posting here- on the Feedback Forums.

That being said, we have reviewed your feedback and have doubled the votes allotted for each user so we can continue to empower everyone to have their voice heard. If you do run out of votes you can always add your feedback by commenting on an existing idea in the forums as we do take both comments and votes into consideration when reviewing ideas.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base