Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Way to Assign Orders to a Specific User via Upload

I would like to be able to assign orders to specific users via some sort of spreadsheet upload. We have to manually assign thousands of orders a day during the holidays. The ability to do this in bulk (all at once) would literally save me hours a day.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

2. Automate SKUs to have tags

We would like to automate orders with multiple items to be tagged.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for that description @Amanda!

I checked into your account and it looks like you’re currently going about this using Automation Rules which does not allow for multi-item order application.

As an alternate workflow, you can export your products via CSV, add in the tags for which products you’d like, and re-import. (You can search NTP in the Products page search field to bring up only those products for a smaller export.)

This will allow tags to be applied to these products even with multi-item orders.

Please let me know if this helps!

3. looking to use Registered Mail for USPS

Would like to have an option to use Registered Mail for USPS. Is there any possible way to add this feature to shipstation any time soon?

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Shopify SMS FB Messenger Support

With Shopify rolling out order updates via SMS and FB Messenger, any plans to support these features?

We're currently using ShipStation's Order Shipped email simply because the tracking page it provides is better than Shopify's. In turn, customers who subscribed to be notified via SMS and FB Messenger do not get any messages when their order ships out because ShipStation is basically disabling the trigger on Shopify's side when it fulfills the order and update Shopify. This is what we found out after talking to both ShipStation and Shopify support.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @EmazingDot, thanks for taking the time to bring this up! This isn’t currently on our immediate radar, but we’d like to hear from other folks to help get the ball rolling.

If anyone is interested, please vote and add your thoughts here in the forum!

5. Order Line Item Level - Custom Information / Comment

For each order line item, could you please add a field for extra information or comment?

We do have custom product requirement on demand, and we cannot currently send it over from Order Management system to Shipstation.

This involves below -
    1. Creating a 'comment' or 'extra info' field in Order Line level
    2. Need API to have this field for Posting Order
    3. This field needs to be displayed in Packing Slip / Invoice.

Thanks,

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @HoonCAN, thanks for bringing this up! Have you considered using the custom fields? These are typically used for meta information you need even though they are applicable at an order-level and not like the line item-level you mentioned. You can also access this information through our API.

6. order report raw data

Hello. I have two questions/suggestions:

1. Is there a way to automate a Raw Data Export? We download the Orders report but need to do it manually. Ideally it would run at the end of each day (we upload it to our ERP system).

2. How is the Orders report (under Raw Data Export) sorted? We would like it to be sorted either by order number or ship date. It currently seems to be in random order. I checked with Shipstation Support and they could not figure out how it is sorted. They suggested I submit both items on this page.

Thank…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Patricia! Thanks for taking the time to bring this up. There isn’t a way within ShipStation’s interface to automate the raw data export but you can use our API to create a process yourself.

Alternatively, have you looked into using Zapier? Depending on what kind of information you’re using from the raw data export, you may be able to create a zap to add orders (or order items) to a spreadsheet tool based on import or shipment.

Here’s where you can learn more about Zapier: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/215892308

Please let us know here in the Product Feedback forum if you have other questions or if this isn’t what you were referring to.

7. truegether.com

Truegether is like Bonanza in that it syncs with eBay and Amazon and pushes products to google. I sell a few items a week from here. I know its not a lot but get tired of copy and paste to do shipping

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue a partnership. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to TrueGether and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

8. ability to assign users to particular warehouse

I would like to be able to assign multiple users to a specific warehouse and for those users to only be able to see orders assigned to their warehouse.

This would help with order management as multiple people could process orders and not be tied to one user account (useful for when people are on holiday), increases security as you wouldn't need to give some one your password when away and would limit sensitive data about how many orders are being fulfilled at each warehouse.

It also allows for more granular audit trails for errors and activity as multiple people…

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Unable To Print Multiple Package Order Labels Under New Updates

We have many orders that require multiple packages to be sent for the same order. We used to be able to highlight the labels and print all labels for the order right from the order screen. Now we have to create the labels, then leave the order, go to the shipments screen, and find each label and select them then print the labels. It was a great function for B2B business that do volume, now it's gone and utterly inconvenient and opens up our processes to mistakes...

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Export Batch as CSV

Customers can export pick lists as a pdf in a batch, but then they can't export them as CSVs which severely limits our ability to sort them. If we had the ability to sort our batches it would save us a ton of time.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. box dimensions keep going to zero

When I'm trying to enter in the box dimensions, it keeps trying to update the price of the selected service, and kicks the number I just entered back to zero. I used to be able to enter the 3 dimensions quickly by hitting tab in-between, and now I have to pause a few seconds before I can enter in the next field. This is a real pain when I am shipping multiple orders quickly

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Change New Order Format

The new update on the order page has a large grey space under "Order Items" and above "Order Notes". This makes it more difficult to read notes at the bottom of the order.

In the shipment box, when adding package size, the second and third numbers clear to a "0", even when another number is initially entered.

ShipStation Connect was not allowing us to select a printer until we cleared our browser history.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Order Notes (Custom Field 3) in new view is far too below, need to scroll down every order in order to view it

ShipStation is using a new view today 10/9/2017, but the "Order Notes" (Customer, To Buyer, Internal, Gift, Custom Field 1, 2 & 3) is too far below the order items.
    In the old view, when we clicked into an order, we don't have to scroll down and can already see the Custom Field 3. Now we have to scroll down every order to check all Order Notes.
    Can ShipStation move the Order Notes back up?

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Weight on shipped orders

Please show weight on all shipped orders!

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. For packing slip customization, is it possible to map Delivery Time (time in transit) onto the packing slip itself for printing?

For packing slip customization, is it possible to map Delivery Time (time in transit) onto the packing slip itself for printing? For example, USPS Priority Mail has a 1-Day, 2-Day, and 3-Day ship. ShipStation could draw this information from the Stamps.com API or FedEx API to provide transit time to warehouse personnel who are viewing the 8.5" x 11" packing slip.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @John, thanks for bringing up delivery time on your packing slips! We would like to see interest from other users on this before moving forward. In the meantime, there may be other fields that could help like [Requested Shipping Service] or, if you would like to enter this data in yourself, you may want to look into [Custom Field 1].

16. API - Make Custom Package types available via API

Allow custom package types, setup in SHIPPING > PACKAGES > Your Packaging, to be passed via the API. We import shipment data via API to Tableau reporting server. Having NULL values under package type makes it tough to report on volume for specific package types.

30 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

17. Add the Hold At FedEx Location service to Shipstation

Would like to see the "Hold at FedEx Location" added to the shipping options in ShipStation for FedEx.

We offer this as an option to our customers so they do not have to worry about items being stolen or "misplaced" while they are away from home.
    It also allows us to ship Via Ground which saves us money on shipping cost.

34 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your comments and feedback everyone! We are still reviewing this idea.

As updating/adding features to an integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to FedEx and expressing your interest in adding this feature to ShipStation to help expedite this process.

18. I'd like to have a column header for 'Payment Date' on the "Orders::ShipStation" page

I'd like to have a column header for 'Payment Date' on the "Orders::ShipStation" page. I want to know how many days have expired since each order was paid for because ebay uses this to score seller status (e.g. Top Seller). 'Order Date' is not that important to me. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Notes for Returns

Please let us write notes for returns or see internal notes on the return shipments page: http://prntscr.com/grr1u1

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. tagging orders based on transit time

I'd like to create automation rules or filters based on transit time. We ship product frozen on dry ice, so having the estimated transit time for each box would be AMAZING. I can see the estimated Fedex transit time for each order, but currently there's no way to add that to the packing slip.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base