Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Add a few more Field Replacement values in the email options. We use the email notification to notify drop shippers of an order they need to

Add a few more Field Replacement values in the email options. We use the email notification to notify drop shippers of an order they need to ship. Currently we can only include all the products in an order [Item List]. Please consider adding a few additional variations to this, such as [Item List Group 1],[Item List Group 2],[Item List Group 3],[Item List Group 4]. Then we can tell Shipstation in the products section which products are from group 1, group 2, etc. And then we can send the email to the vendor, and only populate products that they need to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Need to add the Restore function to V3

I have tried the ‘Create Another Shipment’ option in V3, however the problem is that it does not carry forward the item detail from the original shipment into the new shipment.

Therefore at the end of the month when I reconcile the inventory, it does not show that we in fact shipped 2pc of whatever item it was, it only records the original item shipment.

Please pass along my comments to the developers as this function is essential to our order processing, inventory management as well as our month end reporting.

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. order number on eBay AU

Recently eBay Australia have changed their order number format from ##### to ###-####-#####. And shipstation doesn't seem to pick that up.
    Does anyone have experienced this issue?
    Different order numbers in eBay and in shipstation would make it difficult for some users to operate their businesses. Shipstations doesn't seem to have immediate resolution to it.
    Anyone got fix for this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Export Returns Data (and API)

Need an "Export Returns" button (like existing Export Shipments), so that a data file (CSV,XLS,PDF) is generated with the Returns list.

Used to forward the returns data to a material processing system (refunds, restock, etc.). Could be used to create "RMA's" using the same ShipStation RMA# (and Order#) as reference.

**Also, Returns data should be available via API too. (Query by RMA# or Date Received Range)

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Scan and Verify with RMA Form

Create a Scan & Verify like process for receiving in an RMA. This could result in printing a "Receiving Slip" template (an RMA Form, like a Packing List but for reverse logistics use.

This would allow customer returns to be accepted at a dock, and a paper traveler could be attached to the material (for inspection, restocking, etc.).

Currently the RMA only helps facilitate getting the product back to the dock, and does not provide support in routing material onto the "next" step.

**Alternate path, is to have a Branded RMA form print with the Return Label for the customer…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Order Status Display During Scan and Verify

When using Scan and Verify, the current Order Status is not displayed in the screen header (like on other ShipStation screens).

When processing orders - entering/scanning in the order # - the Order Status should be displayed on the header next to the order number, and it would be better to also warn the shipper that the order is now Canceled (Same as warning given when duplicate printing a packing slip).

Since orders can be canceled by the channel (e.g. Shopify) between the pick & pack time frame... this would help prevent unnecessary shipments.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. stamps

The issue I am having is printing postage, not labels. I purchased a roll for postage (Netstamps) from stamps.com and I wanted to print a bunch at one time so I do not have to change the roll in my thermal printer from labels to stamps each time I need a stamp. It seems excessive / wasteful to print a full label for a small letter when I just need postage. Is anyone else having the same issues?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Mercari

Mercari is the only eCommerce site that I currently use it will be great if they can be also listed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Purolator in Canada, we need to tell them to come pick it up...!!! why doesnt shipstation take care of the pick up??? this would save us t

We print Purolator in Canada..all is ok..
    BUT

why dont you tell Puro to come pick it up when we print the waybills???

you should..no???

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Parcelforce shipment status

It would be really helpful to be able to see the status of Parcelforce shipments once labels have been created, so you can easily identify what has been delivered, what is still in transit etc. Currently you can only click the link on each individual shipment which is not ideal and incredibly time consuming when you have multiple shipments with this courier.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Carrier Pickup Filter and Automation

With carrier pickup scheduling now available, it'd be great to have some filtering and automation to accomplish this with default pickup info saved for each carrier. For example, if batch contains a DHL shipment, then default pickup is scheduled when label created. Seems easy enough with current functionality.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Turkey

I recently received an exciting opportunity to start selling on Amazon-Turkey but sadly Shipstation does not currently support this marketplace.

To take advantage of Turkish FBA, one would need to setup an entity in Turkey. Even my Amazon global seller rep recommended I do MFN.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow for returns portal label on split orders

Currently if a store has two orders with the same order number we can't generate a return label. We frequently have an order we split into two. It would be great if the returns label portal would just return both orders that match the order number and zip. It could show the items on both orders and allow the user select the items they want to return.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Default to currently-selected store when entering a new manual order

We have two different manual stores, and I am always forgetting to select the proper store from the dropdown when creating a new manual order... even though I already have the proper store selected in the left / main menu.

It would be more intuitive if the new order entry screen defaulted to the currently-selected store -- as opposed to realizing after the fact that the order was created in the wrong store, and needs to be cancelled and re-done.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. [Config] Need to allow the importation of orders with virtual products

Context: Woocommerce Integration

Background: The need of offering free shipping on certain specific products is always present. There are ways of doing that usually with shipping classes and flat rates but that may not fit all use cases like not having flat rate available . Or using coupons but that adds to checkout friction.

Issue: A great way of skipping the shipping logic, hence charging for it, is to set a product as "Virtual" therefore no shipping is calculated with no need for any other thing around it. The problem is that ShipStation does not import products set as virtual…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add order level fields to available mappings for Shopify

We need to have Location and Order Tag from Shopify available in ShipStation. It is not possible to determine which fulfillment partner is supposed to fulfill an order without that information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Stop Closing Account - Offer Account Hibernation instead

Stop closing an account for non-payment or paused payments. When this happens the subsequent stamps.com account is closed too. Instead, offer a "hibernation" feature which pauses the account until the account owner is ready to resume. Recently, lost $30 in postage credits due to this "policy".

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. UPS Mail innnovations for UK users

Currently Mail innovations is only available for Shipstation users in the USA. This is absurd and needs activating in the UK and worldwide for that matter. UPS offer this service worldwide for all customers so Shipstation needs to activate it immediately for all users worldwide!

It is also in Shipstations interest to activate this as users will ship more!

Thank you

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. UPS from ShipStation Rates on Selling Channels

Posting for our User!

Offering discounted UPS rates to a SS ecommerce customer but not providing the necessary credentials or links to get the rates applied to the customer’s UPS account makes the discounted rates pretty useless since the rates cannot be displayed in a shopping cart for a user to select at checkout. Maybe that’s not the intended user, but isn’t a SS customer intended to be ecommerce related?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base