Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Send Control Number For USPS First Class letter to MarketPlaces

When we ship First class mail LETTER USPS generates a Control Number that used to be sent to eBay for example with the new version is not doing it anymore, that way the customer sees a number, now that is not doing it I get 30 to 40 emails a day asking for it, before they just see it and only those who click it asked and we explain that due to weight and value it as sent as a letter. It is REALLY a problem now that is not doing it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CSS | HTML Support for Branded Returns Pages | or Branded Pages in General

Some of these requests are out of Need to grow our E-Commerce business and we (Subscription Holders) are sharing valuable feedback, that will GREATLY improve the customer service experience, and we need your help to get us there and you get to Monetize or improve this long over due feature.

Thank you

Long Overdue on (Braded Returns Page)

1 Giving ShipStation Admin Ability to Toggle or edit fields to customize the (Customer Side Experience (Branded Returns Page)

2 Ability to Customize (Branded Returns Page)

(CSS editor or html support) to make changes to Branded Page (CSS ability to lay it…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customizable text notifications

ShipStation recently launched the feature that allows users to sign up for SMS tracking notifications. Currently, the wording for these messages is pre-set. It would be great if we could customize it to match our brand voice.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. further customize branded pages

Being able to further customize the branded tracking page and returns portal would be great for our overall customer experience! There are limited customization options, but just changing a few colors and adding our logo does not help it feel like a complete experience from our site. The ability to:

-customize return reasons,
    -add branded blocks/sections to those pages,
    -add upsells, and
    -be able to customize the header/footer to match our website

would all make it feel more like it was coming from our brand.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. WooCommerce Shipment Tracking

I currently have ShipStation integrated with WooCommerce. I am using the Shipment Tracking plugin to get the shipping information from ShipStation into WooCommerce.

WooCommerce then in turn sends out the 'shipment shipped' email to the customer.

That is great, but ShipStation sends the courier tracking number to the Shipment Tracking plugin instead of the Branded Tracking Page link. It would be great if ShipStation sent the Branded Tracking Page link to WooC alongside the tracking number so that link could be included in the customer emails.

As of right now, I will have to use ShipStation to send out the…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We have had a number of requests around different ways to share the link to the Branded Tracking Page and are currently considering many of these ideas.

There is some related work around Branded Tracking that needs to be accomplished to make this idea possible, so it may be awhile before we can provide additional updates.

We’ve put this idea in Under Review and would like to know what other selling channels users may be interested in for this beyond WooCommerce.

6. Remove "Powered by Shipstation"

Can we have the option to remove Powered by Shipstation from our branded page

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback.

We will consider this request as we plan our future product roadmap.

This post will remain open so more of our users can vote and comment on how this change would be of benefit to them.

7. Recommended Products for Up sell Opportunities on Branded Tracking Page

You already integrate with Shopify, etc and have the products and qty - let's show some best sellers on the Branded Tracking Page.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Date dd/mm/yyyy ..Why not ????

I know my request will not be universal. I am French Canadian and I have no problem with the fact that ShipStation is only in English. My Branded Tracking Page is bilingual but we must have the option of the format of the date. Ideally for us French it is dd / mm / yyyy. By default in ShipStation it's m / dd / yyyy. This can bring a lot of confusion for my French Client !!! Thanks for watching if this can be an option !!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Have the tracking link on the Shipments tab link to the Branded Tracking

Love the branded tracking, but still about 70% of customer contact is in relation to shipping, and my replies nearly always include a link to the carrier's tracking site, which I get by right clicking and 'copy link address' from the Shipments page in SS.

My request is that these links also link to the branded tracking, so I can see what the customer sees, and also avoids the need to link to USPS, DHL etc.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In consideration queue  ·  7 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. API branded Tracking Page

We send Shipping Notifications via our own system instead of ShipStation's built in shipping notification emails. We are looking for the ability to link to the branded tracking page. In order to do this we would need the ability to grab the link from ShipStation's API. Is there a way to do this currently? If not, I would like to request this feature.

Thanks!

166 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    34 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for leaving your thoughts, everyone! We’re still reviewing this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.

11. Branded Tracking Page- Support Mark as Shipped orders and Fulfillments that use supported carriers.

Branded tracking page is awesome, I'd like to propose that devs expand to include the big 4 (FedEx UPS DHL & USPS) on Mark as Shipped orders.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In consideration queue  ·  15 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base