Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Visualsoft Integration

Increase features available when integrating with Visualsoft, in particular to be able to
    -identify Gift Orders so customers can send direct to recipients
    -pull through Item Options, crucial for any brand that offers multiple colours of an item, personalisation etc, as it is unwieldy and inefficient to work around otherwise
    -generally bring in line with the features available via Etsy, NOTHS etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. user agent when accessing stores API

When Shipstation accesses Magento 2 store via API it often has empty user agent that triggers security software/firewall to block the request
    Suggest to have user agent defined

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Facebook market place

I have only 1 listing on facebook market place, and I already have some orders there, I hope shiptation will support facebook market place soon

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Auto Schedule Daily UPS Pickups (instead of manually each time)

I would like to setup daily UPS Pickups, or schedule them in advance instead of manually each time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. More Robust In-Cart Fallback Rate Options

We see a need for expanding the in-cart fallback rate capabilities when a call to the carrier to fetch rates returns an error.

Currently, there is an option to set (1) fixed fallback rate or a rate as a % of the cart.

Neither of these are acceptable since they do not take enough variables into account.

We'd love to see the option to conditionally set fallback rates. These conditions could be based on product weight, order total, etc. But, we definitely need more granularity so we don't lose our shirt when the rate service is disrupted through no fault…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow for duplication of settings when setting up a new selling channel

It would be great if I am able to replicate the existing settings of anothe selling channel instead of manually to have them inputted.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add USPS Retail Ground as an option for shipping lables

There is no option to print shipping labels for the "USPS Retail Ground
    option. Shipstation only allows me to select Priority, Priority Express, First Class and a number of other options, but no Retail Ground. Retail Ground is the cheapest option in many cases, and my online store offers this option, however there's no way to actually print a label for it when customers select it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. GLS integration

Please add GLS to shipstation as a carrier. They are one of the biggest in Europe. Thanks

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Integrate with CourierIt

We would like to be able to integrate ShipStation with CourierIt in order to ship our orders to New Zealand. At the moment we would have to keep our old shipping system and use both just so we can continue to send NZ orders.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Edit / Delete USPS Scheduled Pickup contacts

When schedule a USPS pickup it is required to have a contact record. However, if a mistake is made this pickup person is permanent, there is no way to edit or even remove them. In our case, we tried several times before realizing contents were required in the Notes field so the first several are invalid and we would like to be able to remove them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Offer better export field options for Chit Chats integration

We are now using Chit Chats. Unfortunately they are not a carrier with Shipstation, and their software is not nearly as robust and easy to use, especially with automations. The best way that I have found for using the automation of Shipstation within the Chit Chats system is through exporting orer to csv (their csv file format can be found here: https://support.chitchats.com/support/solutions/articles/47000426984-how-to-use-chit-chats-csv-if-i-need-postage)

Unfortunately, I have been unable to create a custom export file using SS because of the way they need the data imported. Specifically, the "description" field. In the Chit Chats csv, all products in the order need…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Digikey marketplace Support

Digikey now has a marketplace much like Newegg & Amazon do, using the Mirakl platform. It would be great if we could have this supported natively in Shipstation instead of having to develop (and maintain) our own connector.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make the integration with Fedex include shipment value into rate calculation

Apparently, the existing Fedex integration does not pass shipment value to Fedex to be included into the rate calculation.

Without shipment value accounted in rate calculation, when the package is misplaced, Fedex liability is limited to $100 no matter how valuable the shipment was.
    I learned the costly difference hard way. I bought the shipping through Shipstation and paid $9.50 for shipping of $325 item. When the package was lost, I only got $100 back from Fedex. If I would've buy the same shipping through Fedex directly, it would've cost me $14.10 to ship the same package. The difference of…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make Amazon Buy Shipping Available for Prime Multi-Piece Shipments.

Why is the Amazon Buy Shipping not available on the Prime Multi - Piece shipments? There is no plus + button next to the packages like they are during normal Amazon shipments.

It is hurting the buy shipping rate and is adding more time to ship other packages. What happens in Q4 and this happens? Is shipstation going to be help responsible for thousands of missed orders?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Support for General Logistics Systems US (GLS US).

As a company that does a lot of business with clients on the West Coast, integration with GLS US would be huge. I did notice that there is a GLS login button under the "Connect a Shipping or Fulfilment Provider" section of the settings, but as of right now it doesn't seem to work. Not sure how long it's been there but hopefully it means that integration with them is incoming soon.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. BETA Issue - Live rate UPS Shipping quotes not including dimensional data

The bigcommerce / shipstation "live rate" is not factoring dimensional size data as a part of the shipping rate calculation displayed to the customer. It is only using the weight of the package,. This results in grossly under estimated shipping costs being displayed to the customer. Both USPS and UPS use package dimensional size as a part of the shipping charge calculation. This is a huge flaw in design and needs immediate attention!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Amazon Buy Shipping Calculator Automatic Selection in BULK

Shipstation already has the built-in calculator to let us select the cheapest option for orders to arrive on the delivery date promised. In order to currently do this we need to select order by order to find out the cheapest option. I want this feature to be applied in BULK to save sellers time and essentially this is a service we pay extra to print on Amazon buy shipping. This would save us time and money not making mistakes selecting the wrong carrier and overpaying more then needed.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Parcelhub

Integration with shipping via Parcelhub UK

Parcelhub is a proactive multi-carrier delivery UK management solutions platform.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to rename FBA

When connecting multiple Amazon FBA accounts it does not give the option to add a name, so all the accounts appear as "FBA" which makes it hard to know which account is what.

This issue needs to be fixed!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Show External Inventory for Cin7 integrations

For Cin7 integrations, ShipStation should allow for the display of external inventory on the Order Items list. This is offered on Shopify, Stitch Labs, and ChannelAdvisor connections. After moving from Stitch. We really miss this function and hope we can get it with Cin7

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

Feedback and Knowledge Base