Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Folders for Products

I would love to be able to organize our hundreds of products by having the ability to create folders

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. API: Return product aliases

As an API user I would like to be able to have the aliases field filled with the aliases I have in the system.

It would be nice to set and get those aliases using the API.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Report that shows orders ship in ShipStation, Mark as Ship, and update by Channel from awaiting shipment to Shipped

Currently you cannot get 3 of them in one screen for a specify shipped date.
    You can get regular shipped order and Mark as Ship order under Orders menu> Shipped section then choose a range of date then export order(ltem lines )
    Once exported there is a field for shipped orders only missing those orders updated by Channel

If shipped date was available to filter and result include those updated by channel update would be perfect.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Automation Rules with "OR" criteria

Allow for "or" in automation rules. You currently have to create multiple rules instead of one rule to accomplish the same thing.

For example, I want to flag all express shipping.
    There are three ways this shows up: If the shipping service contains "Next", "Express", or is mapped to a particular express service.

I want the automation rule to tag orders that meet any of these criteria. Its not the end of the world, but to do this, I had to make three separate rules.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Create locations by csv

Create locations by csv will be helpful when u have more than 3000 locations in your warehouse I think that will improve the process a lot

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Automation Rule to Add Line Items

Hello my dear ShipStation friends. We ship for 40+ companies who use ShipStation. A tool that would be EXTREMELY beneficial for us, is the ability to add a line item if someone orders a specific item. Adding a note to the order just doesn't cut it for our inventory management system.

For example,

If SKU = [example SKU A], then add a line item for [example SKU B]

As a fulfillment center, we keep track of inventory in a management system that tracks them by line items. Our clients then pull inventory from our system. However, say a company has…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. FedEx International Mail Service Add with No Tracking Number Option

I saw the old closed thread on FedEx International Mail Service. I see there is a lot of interest in having this service work with Shipstation and rightfully so. I hope a full integration is in the works, but I believe a work around can be implemented now.

My suggestion for now is to allow the FIMS orders to ship while uploading a ship notification to the marketplaces WITHOUT the invalid tracking numbers shipstatin is creating now. It would be far better to show the orders as simply shipped without listing any tracking information than as it is now with…

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Co-packing items for shipments (multi)

In a nutshell, we have 5 custom boxes made to co-pack our multi piece shipments. So, if there are approximately 40 items that are co-packed, is there a way to set up rules that will put A+A, A+B, A+C, and so on into Box 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5? Simply, how to put a cube value to each box, and have the system tell us that a specific order of 6 pieces will be 3 of Box 1, for example.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Date Code & Lot Code tracking features

I'd love to see a way to track date codes and lot codes on products. Currently we have many pallets of inventory all with different "best by" dates. It would be very helpful to be able to track those dates - for instance we have 1000 of one SKU, but 400 have a date of 5/30/19, and 600 have a date of 11/30/20. If this information was available in a downloadable report instead of just a top-level report of totals, this would impact my business and productivity very positively! Even if we could just post a note on the inventory…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Products mobile

Product Management, Same as is in Desktop version

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Internal Product ID Column Option When Viewing Products

This change is simple. I shouldn't have to write code to get the list of product IDs for the products I add. It should be available on the standard product dashboard. So, when I view the list of products, you have a Columns feature already there. I can turn on/off columns I want to see. All I'm asking for is that you add one called Product ID or Internal Product ID or Developer Product ID (whatever you want to call it) so that I can view that and change my source code's config file with the new product.

I've already…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add category column to inventory

Could you please add "Category" as a column to select on the Inventory Page (exactly as it shows in Products page)?

We have multiple categories of products and need to search/view inventory by category.

It will be very helpful to find out each product!

Many thanks in advance.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please Create a Way to Click on the Failed Allocation Message in Order to See Details

Please Please Please read this:

I've been struggling with quikship for months and the only way to get it to work correctly without orders getting stuck in processing limbo is to allocate my orders. I allocate them all at once by clicking to allocate all orders that are awaiting shipment. This has been working well, but now I've hit another snag. I recently clicked to allocate and had an order fail. I figured that I'd be able to click on the failed order notification to see the details, but that was not an option. The only way to go about…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Julie Knerr Piano Safari, thanks for taking the time to share this! I see Joe’s helped you out some already. I’d also like to add there is an “Allocation Status” filter right above your list of orders. It’s located with the other filters below the “New Order” button. You’ll be able to find the unallocated orders that way, too.

We’re working on improving inventory, so we’ll let you know when we have updates for you, or you can follow up with your open ticket .

15. Negative Inventory

Allow stock level to fall below zero. This will help accounts where shipments are still allowed for zero inventory items and will account for the items which shipping labels have been create for.

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Track Value of Inventory

I'd like to see a way to value my entire inventory for reporting purposes. Just a simple report that can take the input value of every item times the number of items and report how much your total inventory is worth.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Deduct Inventory for imported FBA orders.

I sell via Amazon FBA, eBay, and my own website. I have all the orders piped into ShipStation so I can see all the data in one place. I'd like to be able to track my entire inventory though SS but the FBA imported orders don't deduct from the inventory numbers, even when I use channel specific SKUs, Store Aliases, and an FBA specific warehouse to deduct from.

After talking with customer support, I'm told this is because FBA orders are imported as already shipped. Whereas if they came in as "Awaiting Shipment" I could get them to deduct from…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Products > Stand Alone Product Detail > Shipping > Check Box (Combine Packages)

We mainly sell and ship boxes, when customer order more than one unit of same products or other products, shipstation combine weight of all products in one package, we like a setting in product where we can choose to not combine, so we can see multiple packages

Products > Stand Alone Product Detail > Shipping > Combine Packages (Check Box, by default checked)

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bulk Import Carrier Information on Product Import csv

Currently you can import the weight and dimensions of an item but not its carrier. The only way to change a product's carrier is by searching for the individual product in the product database and changing it's carrier one-by-one for every product. Specifying a carrier for all your products will take a lot of time.
    Using a csv product import for the carrier would save a lot of time which is valuable to us all.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. API - Product Update - Bulk Method

Hi Guys,

Would be cool if we will have a bulk method to update products via the API.
    We have around 500,000 SKUs to update, but are forced to send a single Product object every call.

Not only that is a really slow process, we also overload the limits which effect order updates and tracking imports.

The bulk method for Orders works like a charm, would love to see Products taking an array as well.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base