Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sort by cancelled order

Sort by cancelled order so can easily resolve human error if bulk orders are cancelled by mistake and can know how many need to be restored after checking activity log.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Amazon.com + fulfillment via 2 marketplaces

Allow fulfillment via 2 marketplaces and a single amazon account.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Display how many orders a customer has from the Create Label

When I am creating a label for unfulfilled orders, I want to see on the create a label section how many orders the customer has had. Shopify has this tool and I think shipstation should also display this information.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Money saving suggestions

my local post office sent a help for me, but would be amazing if you could implement it. If I say a weight and size of a package, it offers suggestions of similar size (for example: a large flat rate box) it could say, according to the information inputted, you could save $X by choosing a large flat rate box instead, because it knows the dimensions I had.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Automation Rule Needed to set Insurance Amount

Currently Automation Rules only allows you to add insurance to a shipment but you cannot complete the process. The next step is to set the Insurance amount. We would like to be able to apply a specific insurance amount, based on tags, to cut down on man hours spent constantly having to type the same amount in, each time an order with that tag ships. Please add this capability soon!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Filter by continent, not just countries.

We need to be able to select Europe, for example, rather than the many countries within it one by one.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Thumbnail enlarging when in Scan to Verify page

Just is in the order page, hovering over the product's image enlarges it. Same in Scan and Verify, thumbnails are so small.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Cloning Orders! (for PR Tiers)

Cloning orders! I have PR packages with tiers for products I plan to send out - I would LOVE to have the option to have a "template" order, where all I need to do is input the customer details. That would be amazing!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Email Notifications for Failed Order Syncing

There are times when orders will fail to sync with our store (WooCommerce). However, there is no indication this has failed until you login to shipstation and see the red exclamation point. It is logged in the activity section "An error occurred attempting to update orders: The operation has timed out". When this error occurs, an email notification should be sent out as well.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add a copy order function

Sometimes I cannot use an Amazon buy shipping for prime order. I have to manually copy the order, ship it and then upload tracking to Amazon

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. BOGO Discounts Coming into ShipStation as Line Items

ShipStation is importing all of our Shopify Orders with any Discounts/Coupons as added as single line items. It's wreaking havoc with our QA system. Is there any way we can get this single line item for discounts/coupons turned off? We want to see the discount in the order but as a note not a lineitem.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Combine Shipping Automatically or Mark a Tag

When clicking on an order to start shipping, get notified that there's another pending order going to same address, if want to merge the two shipments as one.

Or, add an automation rule where you can tag multiple orders that are awaiting to be shipped that are going to same address or same customer so we're aware, instead of having to check order alerts every time for combining orders.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Being able to customize QUICK SEARCH and Advance Search search results

would be great if we could customize search results, I sell shirts, and sometimes i have to search in OPTIONS bar, and have to use advanced search. would be nice if quick search was customizable so I get all results at once.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I really need to be able to book a pick up with Auspost through ShipStation!

I really need to be able to book a pick up with Auspost through ShipStation!

Otherwise I have to duplicate the whole process

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow Customer to Start/File/Manage Shipsurance Claims (Self Service)

The customers should be the one processing and managing certain insurance claims themselves. For example, a customer who claims their package was not signed for by them, should have the ability to open, and manage the claim they are making directly with shipsurance, without the need for the business to do this for them. This costs us on average 6-12 hours of time to process a claim when using USPS as the carrier. There should be a customer shipsurance portal which they provide all the details in order to be paid out.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. address auto populate

When adding an order manually, ShipStation rarely will auto populate a customers info. Seems this should be working for any address that has been shipped to before, but doesn't work consistently. Please fix this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Use of the "Paid Date" in a Custom Store integration

In the ShipStation Order Details there are two dates available, "Order Date" and "Paid Date." I am seeing that the Order Date is coming through fine, but the Paid Date is always the same as the Order Date. I was thinking that the Paid Date should be when the order in our system is updated to ShipStations "Paid Status", but it is not. I had an order that was placed weeks ago, and just updated to the Paid Status yesterday. In the Order Details, the Paid Date was the same as the original date that the order was placed in…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Unable to Add Tracking Information Anymore to "Mark As Shipped"

Based on my Chat with Emily K - Apparently ShipStation has added a new setting preventing me to be able to create a label for an order, and then when I get the tracking information from my dropshipper, I was able to go back in to that order and hit "Mark as Shipped" with the second tracking number information that would be emailed to my customer. I started to get an "error message" about 2 weeks ago no longer allowing me to do this. I chatted with Emily K, in which she did a bunch of tests and then said…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Split Pick List by Store

We are running multiple stores through our ShipStation account. It would be nice to be able to print one single pick list that has each store segmented out

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base