Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. convertkit

Hi. I would love to be able to integrate shipstation with convertkit so I can automate sending customers review requests 2 weeks after their delivery notification email.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Work with shipping cost data point

Many wholesalers want to know the cost of shipping and ShipStation does not allow this data point to be worked with at all. Please add functionality to work with more data points like shipping cost & order total as field replacements.

As it stands, for accounting reasons there is little to no reason to use ShipStation. Automation for just about anything regarding accounting of orders is just not there. This software is creating more work than it's helping with in many ways when it comes to accounting. The integration with QuickBooks is barely there. Can't do much of anything with…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Contacting support

It used to be that you could call support directly and recieve immediate help. However, now when you call they redirect you to emailing support. This would be fine if you were able to get in contact with someone directly, however it takes over 24 hours to get a response. When we have issues with labels not being able to print this delays our ability to fulfill our customers orders which reflects poorly on us

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. notification email to shipping addressee

In our circumstances, it's common to have the Billing and Shipping addressees be two different people. Currently, the shipping confirmation email (with tracking link) only goes to the Billing contact.

We really need to be able to at least cc: it to the Shipping contact, so that she/he knows the order is enroute.

How can we accomplish that?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. royalmail

Trigger Royal Mail tracked email and SMS from within ShipStation automatically.
    This should be a simple option to turn on and off.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We would like to create an option that will send the customer the tracking number when a second shipment created

We sell in bundles (as do many companies). But our bundles are all combined into one listing. And the free gear must be shipped separately. So we end up "creating new shipment" from first part of order. We have it set up so that our shipping department can select "send second shipment information" from our email templates. But we would like this to happen automatically. See attached of the automation and filters we have tried.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. SMS Capability

If we could text the phone number provided in the order their shipping information so they can continue to track their own package.

148 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    46 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Email selected feature (pickup orders specifically)

It would be great if there was a feature that allowed us to select orders, and send an email to everyone based off a template. I set up a template for pick-up orders, but there isn't a way to send it manually via shipstation (only if I "ship" an order). I know that SS was not created for pickup orders, but with the changes resulting from the pandemic, it is a "delivery method" that is selected more and more, and would be a highly appreciated feature add.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. UPS not delivered alert

I'd like to create an automated alert where we are notified if a package has not delivered by a courier (UPS) after a set day range once the package is shipped.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. PDF attachment option to shipment notification

How about making it possible to attach a PDF invoice to the shipstation shipment notification?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Tracking and Delivery Confirmation Emails

Currently if the Shipstation system times out when attempting to send the tracking or delivery notification email, we must manually resend them. I think it would be great if Shipstaion would automatically retry to send these emails until it goes through.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. backorder notification

I often have to split shipments and send backorders and special orders at a later date, free of charge. Currently, when I am preparing to ship a backorder, I mannually send emails out to all the receipients of the incoming backorders and provide them with a "free shipping" coupon code, so they can purchase additional products to add to the shipment without incurring more shipping charges. My conversion rate is usually between 30-40%, and it helps offset the price of multiple shipments. Customers also love the opportunity to save.

It would be great it there was a notification template that…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Show a business address other than ship from on Packing Slips

We want to use our business address on packing slips which is different from where we warehouse and ship our products. We want customers to link our business address to their order and not where the item is stored and shipped. Currently changing the address also changes the ship from location. Lots of sellers use business addresses that are different from their ship from location and this would be of benefit to them.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Set Up 3rd Party Billing Default for Repeat Customers

We create manual shipments to certain repeat customers and must use their 3rd party billing account information. (Click New Order > Search on Customer Name > then manually enter the 3rd party billing information and number.) We would like a way to set this third party billing up as a default for them and have their account number populate.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. sendinblue

Would love to have sendinblue as a integration. I used to use Mailchimp but the pricing got out of hand.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. NEED a way to set up a customer quickly and manually

Hi - I REALLY need to be able to add a new customer WITHOUT a unique email address or having a create a new order, quickly and manually.

It's amazing to me that there's no option for an address book or something like that to quickly access addresses for printing labels. This is a shipping service. You're making users jump through unnecessary hoops to do the simplest task.

When I want to ship to someone who isn't yet in my customer list, I have to re-enter their address and info every time. I should be able to just create a…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Customizable "Return Label" Email Template

So many of the generic email response templates can be customizable. So how come when a return label is generated and is emailed to customers this email template is not? This is a real oversight of ShipStation and could be fixed pretty easily. PLEASE make this template changeable so we can offer a more personalized email communication to our customers that reflects the personal tone of our company. The current one is shoddy. See example image of current template. Thank you in advance for addressing this ShipStation.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Attach packing slips to shipment notification and delivery notification emails

Our customers constantly ask for the packing slips to be attached to shipment and delivery notification emails. Often times their is a disconnect between receiving in the warehouse and the procurement manager who is running an ERP and both functions need the packing slip. Thank you.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add option to email order notes to client as we add them.

When I add a note to an order, for example today I added delivery attempt by USPS saying they couldn't access the building. That would be great if it could notify the client that I added this note, instead of me having to load a different page and manually write an email to the client.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base