Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ORDER SUMMARY

When filling orders from an Order Summary Report, it makes more sense to have the "qty" to left of "title", rather than across the page. See attached pdf

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ebay Delivery Guarantee

Ebay has introduced a new "Delivery Guarantee" that offers us the ability to guarantee delivery time OR handling time for packages.

If we choose the Guaranteed Handling Time option, Ebay will guarantee the delivery, and if it's late, they'll refund the customer the shipping. The only catch is they are (so far) going to require we use Ebay labels to print postage for packages, which is time consuming versus using ShipStation. Could your API developers please reach out to Ebay and see if we could get ShipStation as a "qualified provider" so we can keep using SS and still be…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Warehouse Location Bulk Update

@shipstation we are getting ready to implement Shopify, which creates a new record for every item. every size, and every variant. That means if we have two shirts go live every day, it will create up to 35 unique records in Shipstation. Updating these manually or via .csv upload is simply not feasible.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow running larger reports

Currently, some larger reports can timeout and never respond with the download requested. The server responds with a 504. Some type of provision for larger reports would be nice, even just increasing the max execution.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adding more heavy freight / fragile freight carrier integrations in Australia

Hey All,

Love what you do, but the more I investigate ShipStation, the more I realise it is not geared towards our business. We are an online furniture retailer, and we work with fragile freight carriers such as TOLL group, COPE and TLC Always Moving.

I'd love to see integrations with some of these carriers to open up a whole new revenue stream for you, and a whole lot less stress for us, your customers.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! We currently don’t support freight for any carriers, but this doesn’t mean we won’t soon! We’ll keep this in mind; for now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.

6. Allow sending Shipment Notifications to multiple email addresses

We have many many clients who want shipping notifications sent to multiple people in their organizations. Or, with some clients, we want a notification sent to both us and them.

ShipStation currently allows on email address, despite the fact that the email address field can contain at least 757 characters (I didn't feel the need to check for more than that).

All of the email systems I'm familiar with allow for multiple email addresses to be listed by using a separator, usually a comma or a semi-colon, to distinguish between unique email addresses, like this:
    "name1@company.com;name2@company.com;…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix Issue on Delayed Marketplace Notifications not being Sent in Batches from ShipStation Causing Amazon Throttling

Currently, if you have your Amazon marketplace notifications to be sent at the time a label batch is printed they all go through without throttling errors. However, if you have them set to be sent on a delay, or at a specific time in the future, this is causing the marketplace notifications to fail on Amazon due to too many API calls and Amazon is throttling us.

Why can't the original label batches we printed hours ago not be sent to Amazon's API as 1 single batch (as they were printed) as they would if we sent them at the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! Thanks for your feedback. How frequently are you finding your delay notifications causing Amazon orders to be throttled from ShipStation?

8. Shipments on App are showing as in transit when they have been delivered

The app is showing UPS shipments as In Transit up to 3 days after they have been delivered? If you click into the shipment then it updates but it is not doing this automatically so at first glance it appears that no packages have been delivered?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ShipStation Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. add customer email to shipments and orders list

I would like to be able to see the customer email address on the columns available for the orders and shipments pages so we can immediately see who would have received the tracking information.

Thank you, Ben

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! We’ll keep this in mind; for now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.

10. Www.freightexchange.com.au

PLEASE can you integrate with Freightexchange.com.au or any transport company that does heavier pallet freight, we need live freight quotes for our customers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! We currently don’t have any freight integrations, but that doesn’t me we won’t in the future! We’ll keep this in mind; for now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.

11. Order Accuracy verification by weight

We use shipstation to pick, pack and ship orders. We use a USB scale to weigh and generate shipping labels. Shipstation knows the products and quantities being picked.
    Using this information Shipstation could use some basic math to derive weights of each item across many orders. Then in the future, Shipstation could automatically estimate shipping weights and compare it to actual. If there is a significant difference, Shipstation could alert the user that there may be an error in product quantities. This process would help reduce shipment errors.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. oscommerce

You are missing an OsCommerce shopping cart integration. Although not as popular as many of the "name brand" carts - OsCommerce is one of the oldest and most used carts in the world. Unfortunatley I will not be able to use ShipStation :(

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue a partnership. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to OsCommerce and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

13. View Ship to address in order view

We ship multiple orders to the same location. It would be nice if we could see the ship to address in the main order screen so we can sort / filter by it and easily select all the orders going to the same location.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please add customer notifications for shipments outside of sales orders

I frequently ship randomly outside of actual sales orders. This is great that I can do this, but unfortunately there's no option to notify customers when you ship this way. I have to copy and paste the tracking info into an email...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. order total

It would be very valuable to be able to have the total value of Orders Awaiting Shipment at the bottom of the Orders page. Knowing the value of all pending shipments or even all shipped orders over a given time period would be awesome and seems kind of common sense for pulling useful data.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Combined Orders

Provide more details about orders that are combined in the API. When an order has combined the data that you provide in the API is minimal. You provide no data if the order is combined at the marketplace.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Jeremy thanks for bringing this up! What kind of information are you looking for from the API? And what marketplace are you referring to? I’d like to take a better look at what’s happening.

17. Create Report for Duplicate Shipments

Have the option to show orders that were shipped twice or more than once. Show tracking numbers and shipment dates.
    We re-ship orders when they are damaged or lost in transit. This would help with checking to be sure claims have all been filed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Automate SmartPost Label Character Limit Split

Allow the customer's address to automatically split and populate the second line on a SmartPost label if it breaches the 30 character limit. Currently it's just a warning message that can be easily missed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. fba packing slip

Amazon FBA fulfilment creates its own packing slips that are printed when the order is dispatched by Amazon. Though it's not possible to change much about those packing slips, there is a comment field that I can put text into when I manually create an FBA order. When your system automatically creates an FBA order from shipstation, it just puts a "." in that field, but it would be very useful to customise so I can explain to customers that their order has shipped from us through Amazon FBA, or any other details. Please enable some way to set this…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Printing Dynamic Message on Shipping Label for Amazon Seller Prime Orders

Label Messages (including dynamic information) at the bottom of shipping labels are not printing for Amazon Seller Prime Shipping Labels.

However, for Non-Prime (Amazon), Walmart, Ebay are printed with messages correctly at the bottom of shipping label.

This would be of great help to identify sku being packed and repack box type information stored in Custom Field. It would speedup substantially the process the pick and pack process. It works prefectly for Non-Prime Orders!

Also the order number printing on shipping label for Seller Prime is big help!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 33 34
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base