Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the ability to create a shipping label without postage and shipping service

Please add the ability to generate a shipping label without postage or carrier information. We sometimes do local deliveries and it would be beneficial to our deliver person and for it to look more professional to have a shipping label attached similar to what is already generated by ShipStation.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Highlight Quantity in Mobile app

Can I ask you to highlight the quantity
    on the orders page so orders with 2 or more of the same item stand out like on the desktop version where its highlighted in Red.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ShipStation Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add new action on automation rule that allows us to adjust item quantity

Here's an example of a situation where this feature is needed:

-We are selling this particular SKU: ITEM-4PACK on Store A, and using FBA to fulfill orders
    -At this time we find that we have run out of stock for ITEM-4PACK in FBA, but we still have stock for ITEM-1PACK (same product, but in single quantities instead of a pack of 4)
    -What I would wish to do here is first set the Fulfillment SKU of the ITEM-4PACK to ITEM-1PACK within Shipstation
    -Next I would want to create a new automation rule that for every order of ITEM-4PACK from Store…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Split Orders Status Change

Hey, We would like a way for ShipStation to auto change the status of a split order. Right now it will change the status of the orders that are shipped but if the order is split it stays as processing. It dose send a note to WooCommerces with the products that were shipped and the tracking number but it keeps the order status as processing. If it could change the order status to Split Order that would be great. That way when we are going threw the orders on WooCommerces we don't have to open them to find out why…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Order Item Id

Can you import the order item ID from amazon.com? Please see attached for example.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. set default location for csv file import

I import my files form my order management software each day. I would like to have the ability to set the default location of the file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Order Status change

A way to manually change the status of an order from the sale to return Currently, if you do not create a return label you cannot change the order status. We have many returns that we do not create return label for. These orders are still in the system classified as a sale when they are not.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Order Delivery/Event Date Export and Column Sorting

We operate a flower delivery company using BigCommerce as our backend platform. One of the main needs of our business is the ability to specify/deliver on specific dates (birthdays, holidays, etc.). As such, the ability to sort by Delivery/Event Date in the Order Grid would be a major benefit for us, or really any other business that has time-sensitive, gift-focused, or perishable goods.

Generally, the order date vs. desired delivery date are not the same, so including that information as a sortable column would drastically improve shipping accuracy and efficiency. We are currently doing in manually.

BigCommerce has this as…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Out for Delivery email notification

ShipStation should add "Out for Delivery" email notification. Customers want to know when to expect delivery, and it's a huge help to know that the package is being delivered the day of. It should be an easy feature to implement?

Right now, there are only 2 types of email notifications: In Transit (when mailpiece enters mailstream) and Delivered notifications.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Set the default packing slip size to different sizes for different stores

I would like the default packing slip to be an 8.5"x11" custom packing slip for 3 of my shops, and a 4"x6" custom packing slip for the other shop. I only seem to be able to set the default to one size or the other across my whole account. Going in and changing the default every time is quite time consuming and easily forgotten, which confuses other people when they log in and expect one kind of packing slip and get another!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Lock Order Notes, and time-stamp each note

Each 'order note' should be locked once commented, and it should user and time stamped. This would prevent rogue users from clearing or editing the notes to conceal their mistakes, and improving accountability and transparency amongst users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3dCart Payment Transaction ID

3dcart API allows you to see Transaction details. I would like to pull the transaction ID into my Shipstation "custom field 1", just like I do for ebay orders.

See ticket# 439197

I performed a GET Order API call for Order #TSS-4161 that is currently in Awaiting Shipment and it seems Shipstation does receive the transaction ID in the call. The PayPal transactionID for this order is 3WD94336S4728790N. This is the information I received in the call from the Transaction block section:

{
    "TransactionIndexID": 152,

"OrderID": 2182,

"TransactionID": "Completed : 3WD94336S4728790N",

"TransactionDateTime": "2017-11-15T10:22:52",

"TransactionType": "Sale",

"TransactionMethod": "Online Credit Card",

"TransactionAmount":…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Shipped Items Report to Include both FBM and FBA Shipments

It'd be great to be able to pull 1 Shipped Items report that shows all items shipped by FBM and FBA. The Insights tab shows cumulative sales, so the data is somewhere, but we are unable to see the details.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make the font size bigger on the Order Summaries. Our staff eyes aren't getting better with age, and it prints to small to read.

Two small of a font. So tiny it's ridiculous. Not all of our staff can read that small, and read it well. We are making mistakes because of it. Make it adjustable please.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @MattGraunke, thank you for bringing this up! While we wait for other folks like yourself to chime in here, have you considered using ShipStation Mobile?

You can download or preview documents on your Apple or Android phone or tablet and use the zoom feature to help you see the items on the document better.

15. Fedex Verification

We've been having a lot of trouble with the fact that the only address verification is through Stamps.com. Because Fedex uses its own database and charges us if our address doesn't match theirs, we've had to turn off this functionality. It would be super helpful if we could use Fedex verification. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hide Insights Tab so my shippers can't see sales numbers

I would rather that my shippers can't see my top line sales in the Insights tab. Ideally, I'd like to be able to simply turn that tab off for certain users or set permissions for certain users.

My last shipper ended up getting fired because she was padding her hours to get paid more. I'm sure she was comparing what she thought I was "making" to what she was getting paid. If she couldn't see what I made, then I don't think there would have been a problem.

Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @Bradley thank you for bringing this up! You can hide the Insights page from your users by editing their permissions. Go to Settings > Account > User Management.

Once there, click “edit” next to the user in question and click on the “Permissions” tab. The one you’re looking for is called “Reporting” which is located towards the bottom of the list.

Please let us know here in the product feedback forum if this helped!

17. Add UPC to fields for Custom Store Integration

The product UPC is currently only available via API. It should be one of the options for a product for a custom store integration. This should be pretty quick to fix, no?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would like to be able to change the return address on my Amazon Prime labels.

When I currently create Amazon Prime shipping labels in ShipStation, the return address on the label shows as the Ship From location. This is bad for me because my products ship from individual employees who do not want their names and addresses on the labels. It would be nice if there was an automated way to have the return addresses show up as our company address instead of the ship from address. This is possible on other labels, but appears not to be on prime.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Etsy "Marked as gift" selection import

There are a couple suggestions already to get Etsy messages imported. That is absolutely important, but even more important is:

the import of "Marked as gift" selections on Etsy.

ShipStation even already has a checkbox and space for this information on orders. We really need those 2 features to talk to one another because without it, we have to go in and manually check each and every Etsy order, which is half the point of ShipStation in the first place. We move decent volume on Etsy and this is a very important feature for us, especially now that it is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Labels

Would like to see the labels printed with bigger/bolder fonts. The current software we are looking to switch from print them bolder and with a little bigger font. Its hard to see in the warehouse to cross reference order PO's on the label when printed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 40 41
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base