Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Visualsoft Integration

Increase features available when integrating with Visualsoft, in particular to be able to
    -identify Gift Orders so customers can send direct to recipients
    -pull through Item Options, crucial for any brand that offers multiple colours of an item, personalisation etc, as it is unwieldy and inefficient to work around otherwise
    -generally bring in line with the features available via Etsy, NOTHS etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. My Post Business account payment options

Hi Guys,
    I'm using the My Post Business via the Ship Station.
    At the beginning of the integration process, I've been promised to have the 2 x payment options for the label purchase via the SS. First is the Credit card payment and the second is to be able to use your existing My Post Business account (30 days credit). What we are facing now, by using the only payment option available (credit card).is that the post office is not providing the invoices based on the credit card purchases. At the EOFY my accountant asking me where did I spent…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User & Account Mgmt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. user agent when accessing stores API

When Shipstation accesses Magento 2 store via API it often has empty user agent that triggers security software/firewall to block the request
    Suggest to have user agent defined

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sort by cancelled order

Sort by cancelled order so can easily resolve human error if bulk orders are cancelled by mistake and can know how many need to be restored after checking activity log.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PICK LIST RANKING

We have multiple warehouses.It would be great if our pick list starts from warehouse A in order A1-A2-A3,,,,A499 while preparing the orders.do the same thing more B1-B2-B3,,,, then,,B499 would be really cool,Unfortunately it starts with A103 or a different number instead of A1
    You can easily see this when you look at the photo.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Additional Sidebar Information

Hello, i would love to have the ability to add additional information to products on the sidebar of the orders tab, under "item(s) ordered", specifically the shipping warehouse location.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Printing Pick List

Please allow change of size from 8.5x11 to a 4x6 thermal print. Printing that large of paper is a waste for our company. We are unable to read off a thermal printer due to size and color.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. More label and packing list sort options

Currently, I can sort the way labels and packing list print; by SKU, by Warehouse location, etc. I would like to have multiple options. For example, print labels and packing slips by order number (oldest first) and then print by Warehouse location, then by sku. I have labels and packing slips set to print by warehouse location which is a must for our operation but it would help to have packing lists and labels print by order number as well, especially when batch printing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to Choose Shipping Account for Return Postage

Currently, you can change your Shipping Account when creating postage in the situation you have two courier accounts. For example: we have 2 FedEx accounts and can switch between which one we want to use when creating initial shipping postage. However, when creating return postage we cannot choose which Shipping Account to purchase from of the 2 FedEx accounts we have. Our only option is to use the account which is set as the Primary option. We would love to have the ability to choose our accounts not just for the initial postage but also the return.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. E-Bay Product Descriptions

New E-Bay connection brings in "Item Options" rather than a description or title. These item options cannot be overridden by descriptions saved in Shipstation. This should be changed so we can customize e-bay product descriptions just like we can do for every other store.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Change 48hrs to 72hrs Shipsurance for Friday shipments going out Monday

We often have orders we want to fill on Fridays but that will ship on Monday. We do this so we are ahead for Mondays orders BUT also so the customer gets a notification that the order has been filled and will ship on Monday.

ShipSurance prevents this with their current 48hr policy. The result is that we have to hold these orders until Monday, not only making our workload higher but also delaying notification to the often impatient customers.

A 72hr grace period would fix this issue for companies that are not open on the weekends.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Remove shipment after "CancelIndicium called on an old transaction" error

If you get this error "CancelIndicium called on an old transaction" on a shipment there is no way for the user to delete the shipment. Customer service says they do not a method currently to circumvent that issue in order to remove the shipment record.

Please fix!!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create "Ship to" Locations

ShipStation currently offers the ability to provide standard "Ship from" locations.

Can you please add the same for "Ship to"?

I ship to the same addresses on a weekly basis and it would be great to automate that. Typing it in every time is onerous!

Thanks!
    Alex

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Facebook market place

I have only 1 listing on facebook market place, and I already have some orders there, I hope shiptation will support facebook market place soon

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Amazon.com + fulfillment via 2 marketplaces

Allow fulfillment via 2 marketplaces and a single amazon account.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make Return Labels stand out as RETURN LABELS to avoid mixup in shipping

The problem when using a Pay-On-Use return label that gets included with the outbound shipment, is that the pay-on-use return label can get accidentally switched and used as the outbound label because they look virtually the same. It would be great if there was an option to customize the return label to make it stand out more as a return label to avoid the mix up when shipping. For example having "RETURN LABEL" at the bottom of the label in BIG BOLD type.

By having this option it would:
    * Reduce wasted postage by accidentally sending package right back to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. New Dropdown Menu Design - Please Revert Back

Please go back to the prior drop down menu layout design for selection of shipping carrier, shipping method and other activities when creating a label.

The new layout is TOO TALL for each entry and less efficient to navigate. The prior menu was clearer, quick and easier to make selections. (It is NOT a browser issue. I've verified it occurs in all popular browsers)

Now, on an account with multiple shipping carriers and methods we scroll for days down the menu. C'mon ...

Honestly, who comes up with and approves ideas that make function less efficient?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Display how many orders a customer has from the Create Label

When I am creating a label for unfulfilled orders, I want to see on the create a label section how many orders the customer has had. Shopify has this tool and I think shipstation should also display this information.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Move the "remove from batch" button further away from the "bulk update" button

It's very easy to remove all items from a batch when attempting to do a bulk update. If the "remove" button was moved further down the list (maybe a user editable option to move it), that would be great.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 49 50

Feedback and Knowledge Base