Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add category column to inventory

Could you please add "Category" as a column to select on the Inventory Page (exactly as it shows in Products page)?

We have multiple categories of products and need to search/view inventory by category.

It will be very helpful to find out each product!

Many thanks in advance.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Adding Custom Fields to Shipments Line Item Export

Exporting Line Item Data via the Shipments Tab is missing the Custom Fields data option

After clicking Advanced Options, Custom Fields does not pop up and this is a very general need for many people including ourselves.

We need the Custom Fields Data to be on our Shipment Line Item Export for automating our shipping process.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sort By Name On New Order/Return Search

When you create a new order / return and search for a product, the default sort is alphabetical by SKU number. This makes it difficult to search for products as Product Name is more important. Is there anyway to introduce the ability to search by Product Name? Or, remove SKU from the New Order / Return list?

Thank you!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Internal Customer Notes that can be applied to future orders from the customer.

If we have a text note on a customer record, when it contains something, on the orders grid, a flag could appear next to the customer's name, indicating that there is a note on the customer order.

This would be handy for situations where certain customers have specific requests going forward. I have customers who request items be packaged in a specific way or they need some extras put into their order when they buy from us. Other customers require special notes on the packaging. Then there are customers that I owe some items to, and I promise them the…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Order Ship Date

We ship every Saturday but we cannot change the date when the order needs to be shipped. EG, if my WH team ships an order (any order) they are required to enter a ship date for each order. Normally they click the orange “Activate Quickship” button on each order. On Saturday’s because the package is not shipping until Monday, they have to click “Create Label” instead and change the date to two days later and this has to be done for every shipment.

Attached you will see “Shipping Cutoff” which only allows for Next Day. We need it for 2…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add "Does NOT Equal" as option for "Package" type in the automation rule criteria.

Currently we can set automation rule criteria to include:
    If "Package" field "Equals..." _________

but it would be very helpful to alternatively be able to say:
    If "Package" field "Does Not Equal..." __________

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Restrict Shipping Carrier Selection by Region

I would like to be able to restrict which carriers and services can be used to ship based on the destination country. Several countries have very poor service from certain carriers such as USPS, and if our fulfillment center sends an international package via USPS first class to a country such as UAE or China, the package will often take over a month to arrive or more likely disappear entirely. Being able to restrict which carrier option can be selected based on the country of destination would prevent our fulfillment center from costing us money and product by selecting an…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Controlling the Font on Email Templates

Please make the Items List font editable. Your documentation here https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206639917-How-do-I-edit-my-email-templates-source-code-HTML- says that we can control the font that the email templates use, but after going back and forth with support for over a week, we were told that we cannot fully control the font. I quote, "Add CSS either inline or between <style> tags at the top of the template." In fact, an error code will appear when using the CSS style tag. We have used inline styling, but it doesn't control the font for the Items List. So the look and feel is unprofessional and inconsistent. Partly our…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Different cards per store for uploading funds.

it possible to have different card per store that we have in ship station? I.E - One store uses one card to reload funds and the other stor

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please Create a Way to Click on the Failed Allocation Message in Order to See Details

Please Please Please read this:

I've been struggling with quikship for months and the only way to get it to work correctly without orders getting stuck in processing limbo is to allocate my orders. I allocate them all at once by clicking to allocate all orders that are awaiting shipment. This has been working well, but now I've hit another snag. I recently clicked to allocate and had an order fail. I figured that I'd be able to click on the failed order notification to see the details, but that was not an option. The only way to go about…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Julie Knerr Piano Safari, thanks for taking the time to share this! I see Joe’s helped you out some already. I’d also like to add there is an “Allocation Status” filter right above your list of orders. It’s located with the other filters below the “New Order” button. You’ll be able to find the unallocated orders that way, too.

We’re working on improving inventory, so we’ll let you know when we have updates for you, or you can follow up with your open ticket .

11. Ability to choose default "Group By" display for stores

Currently I am unable to set my "group by" to default to any of the settings in the drop down. It just defaults to whatever shipstation wants. I want to set it up so that I can choose one in the dropdown and it stay that way when I leave and come back into the store. It is a great way to sort the orders but currently I have to do it each time for each store.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Charging customers the correct amount using Shipstation API in E-commerce CMS integrations

One of the problems with international shipping (even domestic shipping) is charging our customers the correct amount for shipping costs.

While Shipstation allows us to calculate the costs for shipping, there is no way to charge our customers the correct amount, but it seems Shipstation has a solution to this problem that they're not utilizing.

Shipstation has a developer API that allows developers to get information such as shipping rates, but this isn't being used in any of the integrations.

Link: https://www.shipstation.com/developer-api/#/reference/shipments/get-rates

If they implement this into their integrations for e-commerce CMS's such as Magento & Opencart, customers will be…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Label size options for letter printing

If you cannot print lables and packing slips to two printers inline, then can you give the option to use different labels instead of only 2 per page?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Need Automation Rule to report zero dollars or free shipping to marketplace

For some customers we offer free shipping or charge a fixed shipping amount. I need to set up an automation rule to apply a fixed dollar amount that I specify back to the marketplace. But this ability does not exist in Shipstation.

The rule would look something like this...if "buyer name" equals (buyer name that I specify) then set shipping amount to (dollar amount that I specify).

Can this rule be added?

Thank you!

John@castlepremium.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. default phone number

When there is no customer phone number provided, default to the store's phone number. Right now, when there is no phone number for a customer, the default for FedEx labels is 999-999-9999. This is not helpful should the Carrier need to contact us regarding the delivery of the order and we do not have a customer phone number to provide.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Notify customer when I split an order that X Y Z items are remaining to be shipped.

I would like an email automation that would notify the customer that I split their order and X Y Z Products are remaining to be shipped.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Integration

Add Sam's Club as a selling channel.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create integration for ICS Courier - Canada

Add integration integration for ICS Courier - Canada.
    They have an API ready for use.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Custom Order Status Mapping for 3dCart

Currently you don’t support 3dCart custom order mapping. We want to switch to your platform but this is a show stopper.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. pay on use return labels

Could you please incorporate pay on use usps return labels into shipstation? Endicia.com which is owned by stamps.com just like Shipstation has this service

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 77 78
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base