Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Select Cheapest Service

i would like shipstation to be able to choose the cheapest shipping method for each order that comes in. currently, i use UPS & USPS and i have to manually select between the 2 services to see which one is cheaper. this process is very time consuming and needs to be done on an order by order basis. i would like shipstation to automatically upload the cheapest shipping method so i can print all the labels at once.

341 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

We are currently working on a feature that displays the best way to ship (either based on best price or fasted delivery time). The goal is to show the best way to ship across all of your connected carriers.

The next phase of this feature will include automation options. We’ll update this post when the development work has begun.

2. SMS Capability

If we could text the phone number provided in the order their shipping information so they can continue to track their own package.

148 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    46 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Use eBay order number instead of sales record number, to reduce clicks and memorization time needed to get to eBay Print Shipping Label

By using eBay's OLD sales record number instead of the CURRENT order number eBay implemented in AUGUST 2019 (9 months ago!), ShipStation is causing customer teams to waste time and create errors by having to do these steps to reach the Print Shipping Label functionality in eBay for EVERY order that is processed:
    1) scroll up to the top of the SS Order Details page to read and memorize or copy/paste the eBay userid
    2) click eBay OLD sales invoice number at top of SS Order Details page to open the eBay tab
    3) click item title in eB
    4)…

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback!

We are currently investigating how to upgrade our ebay integration to ensure we are receiving the most up to date information. We will update this post when we have started this integration work.

4. Stop signing me out repeatedly (aka make "Remember me" actually remember me)

Every time I go to use ShipStation, I have to login again. The "Remember Me" option does nothing. Support tells me that the actual function of that option is to tell ShipStation not to signout automatically while I'm in the middle of typing. What?

(And, yes, I have been signed out in the middle of typing an address when I forgot to choose that option — i had to login again and re-enter the address.)

The "Remember Me" option should do what it says — remember me for a relatively long time, And, if I don't choose it, it should…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  User & Account Mgmt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow for returns portal label on split orders

Currently if a store has two orders with the same order number we can't generate a return label. We frequently have an order we split into two. It would be great if the returns label portal would just return both orders that match the order number and zip. It could show the items on both orders and allow the user select the items they want to return.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback!

We are currently planning to add support to the Branded Returns Portal for split shipments. We will update this post once we have released this ability in ShipStation.

6. Integrate with MercadoLibre

Please. Integrate with mercadolibre.com.mx in Mexico.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Customer Phone Number Import Bigcartel

Shipstation does not import customer phone numbers from a BigCartel store? Any chance to get this resolved?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your post. Our development team is reviewing the Big Cartel updates and we plan to update the integration to include phone numbers with the orders.

We do not have an ETA currently, but we will update this post when we have made progress.

8. Automatically split items into shipments based on rules

Hi- We often times have back orders but can ship partial shipments. Would love the ability for Shipstation to automatically split orders for us based on rules.

325 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    85 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The ability to automatically split items into separate shipments is now on the ShipStation product roadmap.

We will set this request to completed once the feature has been officially released.

9. Support for Bundled Products / Update Inventory for Bundles

We have a few websites that sell products to wholesalers. For example we will sell a case of a single SKU. Each case has 12 units. It would be nice if SS could allow us to setup virtual bundles that deducted multiple units of a single SKU.

651 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  159 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Royal Mail Reference number for untracked services ported to tracking information

We would like to be able to include the Royal Mail Reference number for untracked services (CRL) within ShipStation so that we can provide these numbers to our customers for partial tracking. It is far too time and labour intensive for the number of orders we process to manually mark orders as shipped and include that information in the tracking field there.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. inventory api

I would love to be able to determine product counts through the API.
    This allows me to do things like automatically order certain things as they run low on stock.

We have different manufacturers sending products to a single warehouse and it is very tedious to have a manual process around checking that the quantity that was received was the proper amount, and that we aren't running low on things like packing slips.

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  12 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Adding inventory through Mobile app warehouse location

Your customers would benefit greatly from warehouse location available on the mobile app. We use our phones (handhelds) to do inventory control as well as order pick. So, without warehouse location we cannot use the mobile app for adding and checking inventory. Instead we end up using the website through a tablet but that doesn't have your great UI like the mobile app. I see a lot of customers are chiming in on this development, but our thought is for adding inventory to our bin locations through bar code scan. So yeah, include a bar-code scan capability too.

OK Thank…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  ShipStation Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please allow for Walmart Canada Integration

Please allow integration for Walmart Canada selling channel. I have Walmart USA set up but I need integration for Walmart Canada.

157 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. updating inventory via barcode scan

Since we now use the Shipstation inventory feature, it would be great to be able to barcode scan inventory into the Shipstation system. It just makes sense if we are using barcode scanning to locate orders, etc that we would be able to scan a products barcode, enter the received amount and it would update the Shipstation system.

We are a small but growing company and prefer to keep as much as we can in one native system which also keeps overall costs a lower for us. We are happy to pay a bit more to Shipstation for these solutions.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Demand vs. Stock on Hand

For anyone doing Just in Time fulfillment, preorders, or presales... It is Very important to be able to see How many skus sold, vs. how many in stock. The balance would let you know how much is OVERSOLD or PRE ORDERED. Our company can produce products on demand, thus giving us a production list so we can get the orders out.

Currently , it is a massive headache to see negatives.
    This would also be beneficial to companies that have accidently oversold or have reconciled inventory and are missing the stock they need to satisfy the orders.

Example
    SKU -…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re interested in getting more information about what inventory source(s) you are using and how you’d like to view the on-hand vs in-stock counts.

Could you provide some more details on how you store inventory and how you’d like to view this in ShipStation?

16. Add comments and customized return reasons to branded returns portal

I am very pumped about ShipStation handling returns as it makes sense but I have a couple tweaks that seem to be important and missing. One critical missing piece of information on your returns section is a Comment box for the customer. A lot of times a return cannot be handled with just pre-defined drop-down menus, let alone just one. Having a comment box allows the customer to select Defective and comment that they want a return or why it is defective.

Another feature request would be allowing us (admins) to edit the Reason drop down menu. There are a…

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback.

We are currently planning how to provide custom return reasons and a comment box in our Branded Returns Portal. We will update this post when we have started development on this.

17. Search products by barcode

Under products, the ability to search by barcode would be very useful. Right now, only Name, SKU, and Warehouse location are.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As part of the Scan to Verify Shipment Items project, we’ll be adding support for searching by UPC in the Products and Inventory grids. If you use a hand held scanner you’d be able to scan the UPC into the search field until we implement a “scan to view product” type function.

18. Pick list to get product location from inventory location, not the "Warehouse Location" field

Just as the title suggests, it would be great to be able to have the pick list get the products location based on the location in inventory, not by the warehouse location field. That field has to be manually updated. A products inventory location is constantly changing, or same products in split locations, manually updating that field just to generate a pick list is very cumbersome.

It would also be great if it gets the location that has the least amount of inventory first.

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. International currency.

First, I would be appreicated your service!I've been downloading "Order-Dara Export" from the order.But I also would be nice if I can see "Currency" there.When I get GBP 54.66 order, I was able to see as USD 54.66.Hope to be added Currency tab for international orders and stores.Thanks.

309 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  116 comments  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. USPS Return Shipping Label without paying postage up front

The ability to take advantage of USPS Merchandise Return Service and have an option to print a return label with every shipment or selected shipments and not have to pay for the postage unless the customer uses it. I believe this is available through API only and there may be a form you have to submit to USPS: https://www.usps.com/business/merchandise-return-service.htm

228 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    37 comments  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Previously our Endicia integration provided the ability to print pay-on-use USPS return labels if your Endicia account was enabled for this feature.

We are currently exploring the pay-on-use option for other USPS postage providers. We will update this post with more information when available.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base