Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically split items into shipments based on rules

Hi- We often times have back orders but can ship partial shipments. Would love the ability for Shipstation to automatically split orders for us based on rules.

138 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Thanks for your feedback!
    We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!
    In the meantime, could you let us know what criteria you would base these rules on?
    Any other workflow information for how you’re currently working around this, and how you would like to do this in the future would be helpful.

2. Android Galaxy Note 8, App constantly needs to be force closed

I'm finding that I constantly need to be force closing the app and reopening it. Sometimes it hangs when refreshing orders, and sometimes when just using the calculator but it happens almost every time i open the app that has been open previously.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thanks for bringing this up! Can you please reach out to our support team so we can collect information unique and private to you? This will help us isolate specific instances where your mobile app is crashing.

3. Order Total Counter with LED Display Sign

How cool would it be if we were able to display the total orders pending on shipstation with an LED wall display. It would show how many orders are pending and when items ship out then it would automatically update on the LED counter.

I believe this would be great for a team environment and increase workflow if all employees could see how many total orders are pending at any given moment by glancing at the wall display. It would also allow the manager to set goals for the team to achieve and get down to a certain amount of…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. is there any report in reporting, where we can download and see the delivery status of a shipment ?

it would be great to have a report with delivery status of shipment. This way we can generate a weekly report and check to see if there are are some labels made but there is no status ( may be warehouse never shipped ) or shipments undelivered or lost shipment

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please Create a Way to Click on the Failed Allocation Message in Order to See Details

Please Please Please read this:

I've been struggling with quikship for months and the only way to get it to work correctly without orders getting stuck in processing limbo is to allocate my orders. I allocate them all at once by clicking to allocate all orders that are awaiting shipment. This has been working well, but now I've hit another snag. I recently clicked to allocate and had an order fail. I figured that I'd be able to click on the failed order notification to see the details, but that was not an option. The only way to go about…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Julie Knerr Piano Safari, thanks for taking the time to share this! I see Joe’s helped you out some already. I’d also like to add there is an “Allocation Status” filter right above your list of orders. It’s located with the other filters below the “New Order” button. You’ll be able to find the unallocated orders that way, too.

We’re working on improving inventory, so we’ll let you know when we have updates for you, or you can follow up with your open ticket .

6. Choose specific day of week for Automation Rules

I would like to have the option to choose a specific day of the week for an automation rule. For example, if the day is Saturday, change all of my FedEx Ground orders to UPS Ground.

29 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

7. Comprehensive Line Item Billing Costs for Shipping

Hey folks -

We're running into an issue where the the order export file isn't picking up additional charges from Fed Ex that are being reflected in your online system.

An order is exported with a cost of: 34.60
    Shipstation online shows a cost of: 36.83

More than likely, the difference is the home delivery fee not being picked up by the order export file.

We download the file on a daily basis and post it into our local order tracking spreadsheet.

We understand that there can be a difference between what's quoted in your system and what Fed Ex…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Highlight quantity on order summary

On a previous shipping software I used the packing list generated had a red circle around product quantities greater than 1 to draw attention to it. With Shipstation I use the order summary to print a document for me to prepare orders for packing. This doesn't highlight when more than one of a product has been ordered and I've missed it on occasion. I imagine it would be a simple fix and would make life a lot easier for me as currently I have to print and highlight them manually with a pen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Poshmark added to Shipstation.

Are there any plans on adding Poshmark? I know they generate their own labels but, Shipstation would help in tracking the orders after the labels are printed. Maybe import the labels and mark them as shipped when printed. It would be nice to have all of our channels together.

Thank you
    Paul

20 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue a partnership. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to Poshmark and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

10. Ebay Delivery Guarantee

Ebay has introduced a new "Delivery Guarantee" that offers us the ability to guarantee delivery time OR handling time for packages.

If we choose the Guaranteed Handling Time option, Ebay will guarantee the delivery, and if it's late, they'll refund the customer the shipping. The only catch is they are (so far) going to require we use Ebay labels to print postage for packages, which is time consuming versus using ShipStation. Could your API developers please reach out to Ebay and see if we could get ShipStation as a "qualified provider" so we can keep using SS and still be…

159 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Is there a way to charge the customer for the return label?

Is there a way to charge the customer for the return label so that we are not paying for every return label? This would especially be good if the customer is returning due to their own error or because they just changed their mind instead of us paying for every single return label?

137 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create Automation Rules for Multiple Packages

If an order exceeds a certain weight, I'd like for there to be an automation rule that separates the shipment into multiple packages. We are a coffee company that doesn't ship anything over 40 pounds, but we regularly get orders over 40 pounds, so it would be great when we get an order like that for an automation rule to separate the order into multiple packages.

19 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Support Square POS transactions

We have a ShipStation account and use Shopify for eCommerce and we also have a retail location using Square POS. We often get customers that want to buy in store and have product shipped. Is there a way to integrate Square POS with ShipStation? All I've seen is that ShipStation only integrates with Square web sales and we don't use their web platform.

31 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind and would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue a partnership. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to Square and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

14. lot number mandatory for food sellers

lot number tracking for items become mandatory to all food companies.

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback!
    Would you mind elaborating on what lot numbers do for your business and items?
    Additional info on what you’re currently doing to get around the lack of this feature in ShipStation is also helpful.
    Please reply back here in the Feedback Forum, Thank you!

15. Combine/Split order using ShipStation's API

Combine/Split order using ShipStation's API

59 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

16. Show OrderID (ShipStations unique identifier for every order)

We have multiple ebay channels connected to Shipstation, so we get duplicate order numbers as Shipstation is currently using eBay sales record number as order id.
    Can we get the shipstation id to show up on record because our warehouse pulls the shipstation order id to fulfill the orders

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Matmul, thank you for bringing this up. Can you give us some more information on what you mean by “our warehouse pulls the shipstation order id”? For example, is your warehouse using the API for a custom app you’ve built? And how does this relate to what you’re looking at in ShipStation?

Hopefully we can work on a something that’ll help you get the ball rolling so let us know here in the product feedback forum.

17. Add the Hold At FedEx Location service to Shipstation

Would like to see the "Hold at FedEx Location" added to the shipping options in ShipStation for FedEx.

We offer this as an option to our customers so they do not have to worry about items being stolen or "misplaced" while they are away from home.
    It also allows us to ship Via Ground which saves us money on shipping cost.

34 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your comments and feedback everyone! We are still reviewing this idea.

As updating/adding features to an integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to FedEx and expressing your interest in adding this feature to ShipStation to help expedite this process.

18. Allow us to delete canceled orders

There should be a way to delete orders from the 'canceled' tab - sometimes an import doesn't go quite right, or perhaps you created the order to get a shipping cost for a customer who backed out - there's no reason to keep all that data in the canceled tab.
    Furthermore, and more importantly - if it's a botched import - you have to change to all new order #'s or re-importing will only update the already botched orders (and if it's the order # that's botched, you're way out of luck.)

Let us delete canceled orders.

40 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Dave, thank you for bringing this up! You’re right, the order number is the identifier in which we can look for to update order information. For example, if you mis-mapped product name and SKU you can re-import the file with the existing order numbers to update these fields.

One other thing you can look into is deactivating your manual store and creating a new one. This will hide all orders associated with this store.

And if you’re looking to create shipping rates, have you looked into the rate calculator? This will let you provide quotes to potential customers or for you to get a better understanding of the available shipping services. Here’s more information on this: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205901588

Please let us know here in the forum what you think!

19. Providing vat invoice for UK buyers

If you are a vat registered company in the UK, you are obliged to provide vat invoice to the buyers. We have many customers asking for vat invoice in our business. It would be great if you could add var invoice option to Shipstation which is i believe very important.

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

20. Branded Returns

Love the branded returns page, however we'd like to have the option to customize more to our liking.

1. Allow us to modify and change reasons for return

2. When reason of return is "Other" have a notes field for customer to enter details of return

3. Ability to disable certain products from being allowed to be returned

135 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base