Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove "Powered by Shipstation"

Can we have the option to remove Powered by Shipstation from our branded page

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback.

We will consider this request as we plan our future product roadmap.

This post will remain open so more of our users can vote and comment on how this change would be of benefit to them.

2. WooCommerce Shipment Tracking

I currently have ShipStation integrated with WooCommerce. I am using the Shipment Tracking plugin to get the shipping information from ShipStation into WooCommerce.

WooCommerce then in turn sends out the 'shipment shipped' email to the customer.

That is great, but ShipStation sends the courier tracking number to the Shipment Tracking plugin instead of the Branded Tracking Page link. It would be great if ShipStation sent the Branded Tracking Page link to WooC alongside the tracking number so that link could be included in the customer emails.

As of right now, I will have to use ShipStation to send out the…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We have had a number of requests around different ways to share the link to the Branded Tracking Page and are currently considering many of these ideas.

There is some related work around Branded Tracking that needs to be accomplished to make this idea possible, so it may be awhile before we can provide additional updates.

We’ve put this idea in Under Review and would like to know what other selling channels users may be interested in for this beyond WooCommerce.

3. Fulfillment Speed in Hours and Minutes

Is it possible to change the units of the fulfillment speed visual in reporting to show minutes and hours (rather than days)?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. UPS Quantum View Notify and Other Carrier Notifications

Having UPS Quantum View Notify functionality would be amazing. It's an extremely powerful tool that basically allows to send notifications to the customer regarding their delivery status, like delays in transit or if it's sitting at a UPS Access Point.

I'm not sure what other carriers have in regards to this, but I'm sure they may have something similar.

Delivery confirmation is one thing, and already very good, but having even more notifications like listed above would be incredible. We have customers who's packages end up sitting at UPS Access Points until they are returned to sender because they don't…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. This is a really good idea and seems to fit into some other feedback around expanding the notification capabilities in ShipStation in general, which we are looking at developing in 2021.

5. Option to add or remove items in orders other than manual orders

Currently there is only the option to add/edit individual items within a shipstation order if it is a manual order. This option should be extended to all orders, for example orders imported from a marketplace like shopify.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The reason you cannot edit the items in an order that imported from a store is because ShipStation is intended to reflect what is in your store. We recommend making all changes in your selling channel and then refreshing the store in ShipStation to pull in those changes. That way your store and the order in ShipStation remain in sync.

We are keeping this post in Under Review for now so we can hear more feedback on this need, as we are aware there are some use cases where the above recommendation may not work due to limitations with the store integration.

6. 10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback!

Discounts have been a tricky thing to manage, but we do understand the importance of importing discounts into ShipStation.

Currently, there is an option for Shopify stores to import a discount code into the ShipStation “Internal Notes” field. If you’d like to have this option enabled on your Shopify store for ShipStation, please contact our support team and ask them to enable the store setting “Shopify Discount Codes In Notes” on your connected Shopify store.

All this does is send the discount code into your internal notes, but this can be useful so when you see that the total paid is less than the Total field in your order summary, you’ll have the discount code to reference directly in the order.

You can also use the internal notes field as a criteria in an automation rule to perform an action on the order when it…

7. Unicode (non-Roman characters) support

We have a company store that sells to the world market. Countries in Asia (Chinese/Japanese/Korean) use 2-byte, non-Roman, unicode characters in their names and addresses. These address will have last characters filtered or altered when printed. It is annoying and risky to loss, not able to print them properly. As more and more companies sells internationally, it is good to prepare ShipStation ready for world markets.

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

ShipStation does already support unicode characters. Orders using these characters can be imported successfully and other documents, like packing slips, can print from ShipStation with these characters (see this example of an order using Kanji in the Ship To address with a packing slip in ShipStation: https://www.screencast.com/t/F0v4sm81hEls)

However, many carrier label APIs will not accept these characters when we send them with the label request, which is why they often print with the ??? in place of the characters. This is why we recommend translating the Ship To address to use Roman characters.

However, as part of our expansion into non-English speaking markets and general internationalization effort, we’ll be looking into what carriers don’t have this limitation so we can provide more thorough documentation around it later in 2021. For any carrier that does accept unicode characters and can print them on the label,…

8. Shipstation get calls update for Magento 2.3

This is not an idea, but an issue we are having with shipstations api and magento 2.3.3.

Shipstations api is not pulling in magento 2.3.3's new get calls for order notes.

Prior to magento 2, the order notes came in as the get call "getCustomerNote" and every update note after that.

The new get call in Magento 2.3 for any new order notes after the initial "getCustomerNote", is "getStatusHistories".

Shipstation's api needs to be updated to pull in these calls from Magento 2.3

How this affects our workflow is.. if a customer places an order, and our team finds it…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Auto Print Pick List with Labels

When I print a label, and give it to my packers, how do they know what to pack and were the item is in the warehouse? The packing slip has limited info on it. We need the option to auto print:
    Label / Packing slip
    or
    Label / Packing Slip / Pick List
    or
    Label / Pick LIst

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

ShipStation does have a pick list option, so instead of using labels or packing slips to give to your pickers, you can use the pick list instead (which also includes warehouse location).

You can also add the warehouse location field replacement on the packing slip, if you’d prefer to use just the packing slip option. Review the information about creating custom packing slips in our Packing Slips article: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026157931-Packing-Slips#UUID-748f4822-1318-ea26-4bbb-659d09a7ec70

We are also looking at all the feedback around creating more flexible printing options around all our documents in the future!

10. Remove Voided Labels from Batches in Label Queue - Prevent printing voided Labels

Remove Voided Labels from Batches in Label Queue - Prevent printing voided Labels

Once batches are made, they go to the label queue to line up to be printed. If you void a label from a batch (due to some error, e.g. incorrect weight, that batch will still print the voided label as part of the whole batch.

Example:
    Printed Order A and Order B together = Batch 1 with 2 labels in it
    Voided Order B - Batch 1 still shows 2 labels in the label queue
    Corrected shipment info for Order B and repurchase - Adds Order B's…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Multiple UPS Account Numbers

We would like the ability to add different pricing templates to different UPS #'s under the same ShipStation login information.

https://ss2.shipstation.com/#/settings/unishippers

In the above link, it takes you to a screen where you can put in our customer's account #, username and password so a pricing template can be applied to their UPS #. The problem is, if they have multiple account #'s that need different templates, you can only apply one. There isn't an option to select which UPS # you would like the pricing applied to.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We could use some more details about this need.

Do you mean you have multiple UPS accounts connected to your ShipStation account and you need a way to enable Unishippers (with a different Unishippers account #) for each one? And be able to assign each Unishpper account # to a specific UPS account?

We’d appreciate you leaving a comment on this post to further clarify. Thanks!

12. Associate Ship From Location with store name

It would be nice to have a pre-set "ship from location" for each store in shipstation. Like all the order imported from my ebay store are automaticly set to Ship From Location A, and all order imported from my other store would be set to Ship From Location B.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback.

We definitely see the usefulness of having a setting to assign a specific Ship From location based on which store an order imported from.

While there is not currently a store setting for this, you can actually accomplish this using automation rules.

Create an automation rule with the criteria set to Store :: Equals :: Store Name. Then set the action to “Set Ship From Location” and select the location you want used for that store.

Once you’ve created this rule, ShipStation will automatically assign that Ship From Location to all orders that import from the store you set in the criteria.

To learn about creating automation rules, review our Automation Rules help article: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026158331-Automation-Rules

13. Add UPS SurePost to rate calculator

UPS SurePost does not show in the rate calculator when trying to determine the cheapest method for Free Shipping.

Can we get all UPS and FedEx US Postal Delivery shipping methods (i.e. UPS SurePost & Fedex SmartPost) to show in the calculator?

69 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback and comments.

We are investigating whether this will be possible with the UPS Surepost API and integration requirements. We will update this thread when we know more and can determine if it’s possible to accomplish this request.

14. Allow access to chat support if we can't login

We ran into an issue recently where we were getting a 403 Error when trying to login. Our subscription level provides chat support but we were unable to access it due to not being able to access the ShipStation app. The main website worked fine.

In this instance it would've been helpful to have another area of the site for accessing chat support to help resolve the issue quickly.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Android Galaxy Note 8, App constantly needs to be force closed

I'm finding that I constantly need to be force closing the app and reopening it. Sometimes it hangs when refreshing orders, and sometimes when just using the calculator but it happens almost every time i open the app that has been open previously.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ShipStation Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, thanks for bringing this up! Can you please reach out to our support team so we can collect information unique and private to you? This will help us isolate specific instances where your mobile app is crashing.

16. Etsy gift wrap/gift message integration

Etsy is getting ready to integrate gift wrapping and gift messages into their sales platform. I'm hoping there will be an alert for each order containing this information within ShipStation once it goes into effect. Gift messages are going to be made available to all orders at no charge, so every Etsy seller will have to deal with them whether they want to or not, and I am concerned I'll get a gift message request and not know about it.

Ideally, I would also like to see a way to print ONLY gift message packing slips and not every packing…

359 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for this feedback.

We are looking into whether Etsy includes a gift flag in their order feeds when sending data to ShipStation and what would be needed to update our Etsy integration to accommodate this new field (since this field was not originally built into the integration specs).

If the integration can be updated and Etsy does send the gift flag, you can then use ShipStation’s automation feature to create alerts, send emails, assign custom templates, etc to any order that contains it. We will update this post when we have more information about this.

17. Order Total Counter with LED Display Sign

How cool would it be if we were able to display the total orders pending on shipstation with an LED wall display. It would show how many orders are pending and when items ship out then it would automatically update on the LED counter.

I believe this would be great for a team environment and increase workflow if all employees could see how many total orders are pending at any given moment by glancing at the wall display. It would also allow the manager to set goals for the team to achieve and get down to a certain amount of…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sorting items within order by SKU

Once you click into an order to see the items, there is no way to sort those items on the screen. We utilize the images so a printed sorted pack slip does not help. We need a way to arrange/sort items within the specific order on the screen. I know the system is capable of sorting the pack slips by SKU and a variety of other characteristics, please add this same sorting to the popup window that displays the content of an order.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for leaving your thoughts, everyone! We’ll keep this in mind; for now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement updates and new features.

19. Please Create a Way to Click on the Failed Allocation Message in Order to See Details

Please Please Please read this:

I've been struggling with quikship for months and the only way to get it to work correctly without orders getting stuck in processing limbo is to allocate my orders. I allocate them all at once by clicking to allocate all orders that are awaiting shipment. This has been working well, but now I've hit another snag. I recently clicked to allocate and had an order fail. I figured that I'd be able to click on the failed order notification to see the details, but that was not an option. The only way to go about…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @Julie Knerr Piano Safari, thanks for taking the time to share this! I see Joe’s helped you out some already. I’d also like to add there is an “Allocation Status” filter right above your list of orders. It’s located with the other filters below the “New Order” button. You’ll be able to find the unallocated orders that way, too.

We’re working on improving inventory, so we’ll let you know when we have updates for you, or you can follow up with your open ticket .

20. Highlight quantity on order summary

On a previous shipping software I used the packing list generated had a red circle around product quantities greater than 1 to draw attention to it. With Shipstation I use the order summary to print a document for me to prepare orders for packing. This doesn't highlight when more than one of a product has been ordered and I've missed it on occasion. I imagine it would be a simple fix and would make life a lot easier for me as currently I have to print and highlight them manually with a pen.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base