Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to print on 4x6.25" thermal labels so those of us using UPS can get our labels for free.

Ability to print on 4x6.25" thermal labels so those of us using UPS can get our labels for free.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. carrier shipping charges

Allow carrier shipping charges to be included in Shipment Notification emails. Very important feature for companies that provide drop-shipments.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. oscommerce

You are missing an OsCommerce shopping cart integration. Although not as popular as many of the "name brand" carts - OsCommerce is one of the oldest and most used carts in the world. Unfortunatley I will not be able to use ShipStation :(

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue a partnership. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to OsCommerce and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

4. Reoccurring Orders

We have customers asking for reoccuring orders but this feature is not yet available in ShipStation. Any idea when this functionality will be live? This takes out a lot of manual & monthly steps for our team.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. View Ship to address in order view

We ship multiple orders to the same location. It would be nice if we could see the ship to address in the main order screen so we can sort / filter by it and easily select all the orders going to the same location.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Tophatter order information import should include 'upsell' information

The variations on Tophatter orders include size / color / upsells. Only size is imported to Shipstation now. When I offer promotions in my store, the rate for buyers to pick upsells is around 1/8 or higher. And I have hundreds orders to ship everyday. Full order information is needed for shipping orders, please add color and upsell information when importing orders from Tophatter so we don't need to check each order here and there.
    Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to update custom field on shipped orders using API

I need the ability to edit the custom fields via the API after the order has a shipped status.

This feature would help so us so that i can insert the customer group. We run reports on this info and have misinformation because some orders get marked as shipped and the automated API function cant update the custom field on the order

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Accounts that are not the Account Admin to have certain restrictions

I run a fulfillment business with more than one customer. I would like to create accounts for my customers so they can see the back end (as they have requested) only for their respective store. My main issue is that I can only use automation to assign new sales to their account, however, I can't retroactively put old sales onto their account. I think that this would solve a lot of issues that shipstation customers may be having when they have more than one user account.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Automate SmartPost Label Character Limit Split

Allow the customer's address to automatically split and populate the second line on a SmartPost label if it breaches the 30 character limit. Currently it's just a warning message that can be easily missed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. return

Currently when we create a manual return for a customer, it defaults to our default shipping address. However we would like it to go to a different one as it should be attentioned to a different department.

It would be smart when we create a return that it automatically defaults to that shipping address.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Carrier Toll Priority

Hello,
    We are looking at connecting with Toll priority as a new carrier with our online store. Wandering if this is a carrier you would be looking at integrating with your platform?

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Clara! Thanks for bringing this up! We don’t have Toll Priority on our roadmap just yet. In the meantime, we’d to see more interest from other ShipStation users before we pursue a partnership.

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to Toll Priority and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

12. Link to Big Commerce Order

BigCommerce's native "Shipped" email includes a link to the customer's order online. Can ShipStation's "Shipped" email notification include this link as well? Then we don't have to use BC's emails at all and send a single email instead of 2.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Mary! Thanks for bringing this up. While we wait for more users to chime in here, can you tell us more about these two emails your users are receiving? What type of information is included in each email?

13. Customize Manual Order Page

Would be awesome if we could customize the manual order page with specific "Notes" fields such as "Custom Field 1".

Reason being, when we create a shipment, there is that option to just choose "Save and Ship" or "Save Order". We almost always just use the "Save and Ship" to save a lot of time but now one of our customer's wants us to provide their PO on their bills and the only way for us to do that is for me to map the "Custom Field 1" to the "Custom Field 2" on the labels.

Ofcourse, since the "Custom…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Logo on "Ship From" addresses.

We do drop shipping for some clients using our address. It would be much simpler for us if we could add their logo to the "Ship From Address" rather than having to create a whole new store for them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make vague errors less vague to help support and users

Problem: Errors like "The XML document is well formed but the document is not valid " are vague and result in more interactions and higher chat time due to the many variables that this error stems from.

User Goal: Be able to understand errors, what to do to fix them, and not have to contact support.

How often does the user encounter this?: Users come in with other vague errors asking to see what they mean and how they can fix it. It requires a lot of digging on the agent end and results in higher chat time.

ZD link: …

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Log-In/Log-Out Simplicity for Multiple Users

Holding employees accountable limits shipping mistakes, but with so many ShipStation accounts & so many Shippers (people who use ShipStation for creating labels), signing out & in becomes an inconvenience, especially on busy days. A feature that allows for an automatic sign-out after x amount of minutes of inactivity would help tremendously in pinpointing what user shipped what product as it forces whoever to sign in to their account.

Having the option to toggle between several accounts would also be helpful as log-ins/log-offs are not intervened with. Maybe having some sort of pin to toggle between the accounts would be…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Orders by Buyer's Province

Right now on the customer overview you can see orders by state, which is a neat infographic but it's only for the US. It would be a lot more useful if there was one for Canada!

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Adding additional fields to the new order entry page

Add additional fields to the new order entry page. Right now you can only add address and contact info and the most basic order details. It would save a lot of time if an additional dropdown menu was added so we could select fields like "custom field", tags, warehouses, etc. basically all the other fields you can flesh out AFTER you enter the order.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Product names in 'Product Highlights' and 'Sales Trend' pages should have links or pictures

When I click on Product Highlights and Sale Trend pages, I can see some top products listed. I have most of my products named same or similar, I can't tell which products are those top performers without links or pictures. I suggest to put links or pictures beside product names. So it will be easier to read and use the information. Now without anything it's just useless information for me.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Update order numbers OR specify order numbers on import

I would like to be able to bulk update order numbers after importing them. Or, easier still, I would like to specify what order numbers an order will get upon import (the way I can with a CSV) when I'm pushing from an integrated service.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base