Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add logged in users First and Last name to Packing Slip

We keep track of the person who packed each order by manually signing each packing order. Would be nice to have the ability to add the First and Last name of the logged in user to the Packing Slip. At the moment this field in not available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Batch print of multiple manually entered labels with different recipients, weights, sizes etc.

I manually enter and ship multiple packages each day, with different sizes, weights to various recipients. I want to create those labels throughout the day (or even more than one label at a sitting), complete with all information, and print them all at once.

Basically, I want to avoid the system auto-charging me for each one individually. 50 charges for $7.20 is frustrating to manage on the accounting side, to say the least. I

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. new zealand

Add address validation for new Zealand with DHL, I believe DHL already offer it within the API it just needs to be utilized.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. payment method

Be able to change the payment method to a custom field in automation. For instance, all Amazon orders import with a payment method of "other" and I want to change it to "Amazon". And eBay has "PayPal Express Payment" change it to "PayPal"

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue a partnership. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to aspdotnetstorefront and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

6. Auto-Update Orders Before Weekly Report Sent

Prior to Shipstation sending the Weekly Report I would like the orders auto-updated because otherwise an inaccurate report is received which to me makes the report pointless. I find my weekly report to be wrong almost every week (sometimes by a significant margin) because the orders have not been updated prior to sending the weekly report.

So to make your weekly report as accurate as possible I would appreciate Shipstation doing an auto-update prior to sending.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add field "Total Shipping Cost" into any Archived Batch

Hello guys, I'm just curious is it possible to add one extra field on archived batches contained "Total Shipping Cost as it set up in "Shipment Manifest"? In this case I will see daily how much will be charged from Stamps.com for any batch and easy will compare it with my bank account . Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. returns portal

I am very pumped about ShipStation handling returns as it makes sense but I have a couple tweaks that seem to be important and missing. One critical missing piece of information on your returns section is a Comment box for the customer. A lot of times a return cannot be handled with just pre-defined drop-down menus, let alone just one. Having a comment box allows the customer to select Defective and comment that they want a return or why it is defective.

Another feature request would be allowing us (admins) to edit the Reason drop down menu. There are a…

20 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adding more heavy freight / fragile freight carrier integrations in Australia

Hey All,

Love what you do, but the more I investigate ShipStation, the more I realise it is not geared towards our business. We are an online furniture retailer, and we work with fragile freight carriers such as TOLL group, COPE and TLC Always Moving.

I'd love to see integrations with some of these carriers to open up a whole new revenue stream for you, and a whole lot less stress for us, your customers.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! We currently don’t support freight for any carriers, but this doesn’t mean we won’t soon! We’ll keep this in mind; for now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.

10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please change the international icon to something nicer

I understand that a change was rolled out last Thursday, July 27th, that changed the icon for international orders from a globe of the earth to a black circle with a question mark inside it. This appears for users who do not have international address verification enabled. Since I do not want to enable this feature, I honestly can't stand looking at this new icon. It kind of makes you feel like there is a problem with the order and it's just plain ugly.

My suggestion would be to put the globe of the earth back the way it was,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add customer notifications for shipments outside of sales orders

I frequently ship randomly outside of actual sales orders. This is great that I can do this, but unfortunately there's no option to notify customers when you ship this way. I have to copy and paste the tracking info into an email...

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow UPCs to be pulled into manual stores

Allow UPCs to be pulled in to manual orders for manual stores

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Report Scrolling

The scroll bar at the bottom is allusive! We thought the report was very limited. Looked to the bottom, no scroll bar. UNTIL we went all the way to the bottom of the report and there it was, the scroll bar showing us this report is a heavy hitter and has everything anyone could ever want.

Suggestion: Make sure that tricky little scroll bar appears at the bottom ALWAYS.

PS this was Reports » Raw Data Exports >> Shipped Orders

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Custom HTML Shipment Letter

In the templates section of the dashboard, it would be nice to have a 3rd option for a package 8.5x11 insert. For example, a thank you letter or instructions. Here is an example of an HTML letter I made hoping that I could have print from ShipStation in our warehouse for each package and use custom variables like customer name and order number to personalize it. It would be similar to the current customize option, but just a single WYSIWYG HTML editor to customize your own letter. Here's my HTML example: http://cvfracing.com/v/vspfiles/files/fonts/CVFLetterheadPurchase.html

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. customs declaration multiple lines, and freight addition

In the default customs declaration, under the product tab, we need to have the ability to add multiple line items. I can import packages into shipstation, but can not provide correct documentation when shipping internationally. I know I can add more lines, once in the order, but what good is a preset if it's not capable to ship multiple products with different values. Simply add the (+ADD DECLARATION) function into the preset tab under products. This would be great, and should have been available from the start. Also, currently there is no way to add freight charges for the customs…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ORDER SUMMARY

When filling orders from an Order Summary Report, it makes more sense to have the "qty" to left of "title", rather than across the page. See attached pdf

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Inaccurate Syncing with Quickbooks for discounted orders

We use ShipStation for our shipping and inventory tracking so it is an important part of our Fulfillment. However, we are having issues syncing ShipStation with QuickBooks Online for our online Store on Shopify. It does not Sync accurately because ONLY the total amount gets synced and does not reflect discounts provided to customers (either custom discounts or for orders of certain $ values)

While the APP makes shipping our orders seamlessly, not having the ability to accurately sync with Quickbooks negates the purpose of having the app. I have attached images showing our accurate invoice from Shopify and our…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow running larger reports

Currently, some larger reports can timeout and never respond with the download requested. The server responds with a 504. Some type of provision for larger reports would be nice, even just increasing the max execution.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base