Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Fulfilled By Sears multi-channel fulfillment support (Similar to FBA/Shipwire)

Is it possible to add "Fulfilled By Sears" multi-channel fulfillment support (Similar to FBA/Shipwire) to shipstation? We would be more comfortable sending additional product to Sears if we could use them to fulfill non-Sears orders as a backup. They have better rates too. Sears already has the basics in place, just need a Shipstation connection I think.https://www.searscommerceservices.com/fulfilled-by-sears/

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hello!

Thank you so much for voting on this feature and helping us continue to improve ShipStation. We are currently reviewing an integration with Fulfilled by Sears and will be sure to update you once we have made a final decision.

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to Fulfilled by Sears and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

2. More open batches than 5 at one time

I want to be able to have more than just 5 open batches at a time

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @Calebw! Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea! We’ll keep this in mind. We’d like to see other users add support before making a decision on this.

Can you give us some more information on how you use batches today? What determines whether an order goes into a batch, and how big are your batches normally?

Any other information you could provide in the forum is much appreciated!

3. Built-In Returns Manager

A built-in returns manager would be very useful for our business. Our needs would be relatively simple, and some of this functionality already exists:1. We would include a printed pre-paid return label with every package we ship.2. We would be able to track open returns in ShipStation, i.e., return labels that are currently in transit3. Unused return labels would automatically deactivate after X days for a refund4. When we receive returns, we would mark them as "Received" in ShipStation, which would automatically send the customer 1 of 2 possible template emails: either we accept the return and will issue a…

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for letting us know you’d like a better way to handled your returns. We’d like for your idea to gain more support from other users before making a decision.

Please comment here in the forum with additional information that may catch the attention of other users.

4. Need to approve the estimated delivery date before processing an Amazon FBA Fulfillment

If you create a multi-channel shipment manually in Amazon Seller Central, they'll tell you the estimated delivery date before you approve the shipment request.The problem we're having is that Amazon is often taking up to 5 business days to ship our Expedited (2-day shipping) Multichannel orders. This infuriates customers, since they're paying for 2-day shipping, they don't want to wait 7 business days for their package to arrive.If Shipstation shows us this date, we can abort the fulfillment and choose to ship the order another way.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Eric, thanks for posting this. I noticed this one is from October and wanted to see if you’re still experiencing this today.

I’m not seeing this data being passed over from Amazon so ShipStation can’t post this data for you.

5. Integrate with LivingSocial.com

Living Social works the same way OpenSky does. Why are you integrated with one and not the other? Seems like a simple integration to do.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Thank you so much for voting on this feature and helping us continue to improve ShipStation. We are currently reviewing possible solutions for an integration with Living Social and will be sure to update you once we have made a final decision.

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

6. Kickstarter integration!

It would be a dream to be able to fulfill Kickstarter orders more smoothly, perhaps by plugging Kickstarter directly into ShipStation as a store? Currently we export a CSV file from Kickstarter, sort and tidy up the file (such as add the Item Name and SKU, or make backer change requests), and import the orders to a ShipStation Manual Store that we create for each campaign. Another small pain in the process is the disappearance of special international characters when saving the corrected CSV file in Excel (we're looking into Libre Office to avoid this issue).There are entire services built…

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue a partnership. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to KickStarter and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

7. Import ALL information from Squarespace product forms

I have certain options for my customs to choose when purchasing my products, and their choices - which pop up via squarespace forms when they add these products to their cart - don't import into Shipstation. This results in a Pick List which is insufficient and therefore, unusable.Specifically for me - I offer up to 3 complimentary samples to trade of my wallpaper line - so this is one product of mine. Complimentary Samples for Trade Professionals.They add this to their carts, and are prompted to choose which Line and Colorway they want samples of. Thank you!

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request and helping us to improve ShipStation! We can only display information sent from SquareSpace through the API feed in ShipStation. If the information is not displaying in ShipStation now, I recommend contacting SquareSpace to request they add this data to the order information sent to ShipStation. Once this has been done, we should be able to accurately determine if this order data can be mapped into ShipStation.

Thanks!
    ShipStation

8. Allow the restriction of shipping services to a particular warehouse.

The title basically says it all. It would be helpful to be able to restrict a particular shipping service or carrier based on location.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Export Status on List Shipments

I'm using the ShipStation APIs to create new orders and retrieve shipment information. Unless I've missed something obvious I see no way to limit the ListShipments method to only retrieve shipments that I haven't already exported. We could keep our responses smaller and more streamlined if there was an "Export Status" that could be used as a filter on the GET request. The export status would be false by default and then flipped to true either upon issuing the GET request or through a POST/PUT request to update the shipment.

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for taking the time to bring this up, @Brian! We’ll keep this in mind for future updates; for now we’d like to see your idea gain support from other users.

Feel free to add to your idea by commenting in the forum so other users can add their input, too!

10. Separation of Amazon FBA and MFN orders

Please have the function or filter to separate Amazon FBA and MFN orders when we search the orders. So we can determine which warehouse we need to take care of the orders from.Thank you.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request and helping us to improve ShipStation! We will automatically tag orders from Amazon if they import into Awaiting Shipment and are MFN orders. We will only import Amazon FBA orders once they are shipped by Amazon so you can use their information for reporting purposes.

We’ll let you know once we have more information!

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

11. Billing only customs/duty fees to a 3rd party account (UPS International)

It would be nice to be able to bill only the customs/brokerage fees to a 3rd party UPS account. Such an option is available in WorldShip, but not in ShipStation.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request and helping us to improve ShipStation! We will need to take a look at the UPS Shipper API to determine if this will be possible with our current infrastructure. We will be sure to update you once we have more information.

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

12. Royal Mail Account Barcode Unsorted

Royal Mail offer discounted delivery prices for Account Barcode Unsorted mail, it would be beneficial to take advantage of this in ShipStation.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. barcode

We currently print out packing slips via WooComerce, we would love to get the barcode on the bottom to scan and view it in shipstation. How can we get the code to do that?

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Return Label/ Shipping Label/ Packing Slip Order

An option to switch the order of printing of the packing slip, return label, and shippibg label to match the order of operation for our warehouse would be useful.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Printing Sequence

I would like if we could choose the printing sequence of labels, slips and return labels to help streamline the shipping process.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Highlight Quantity in Mobile app

Can I ask you to highlight the quantity
    on the orders page so orders with 2 or more of the same item stand out like on the desktop version where its highlighted in Red.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have Shipstation import "Bill-to" data (name, address, etc)

Have Shipstation import "Bill-to" data from WooCommerce so that the packing slip can display the name of the person placing the order, in case they differ from the recipient. Would be useful for gifts, interdepartmental ordering, etc.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! Currently, it is possible to use the bill to name as a packing slip field replacement for orders. That field replacement is: [Buyer Name]
    For WooCommerce, we receive Bill To Name, email, company, and phone number. But, only the Buyer name is an available field replacement for packing slips and emails.

Since we are a shipping software, we only import the shipping addresses from the selling channel.

18. box dimensions keep going to zero

When I'm trying to enter in the box dimensions, it keeps trying to update the price of the selected service, and kicks the number I just entered back to zero. I used to be able to enter the 3 dimensions quickly by hitting tab in-between, and now I have to pause a few seconds before I can enter in the next field. This is a real pain when I am shipping multiple orders quickly

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Order Notes (Custom Field 3) in new view is far too below, need to scroll down every order in order to view it

ShipStation is using a new view today 10/9/2017, but the "Order Notes" (Customer, To Buyer, Internal, Gift, Custom Field 1, 2 & 3) is too far below the order items.
    In the old view, when we clicked into an order, we don't have to scroll down and can already see the Custom Field 3. Now we have to scroll down every order to check all Order Notes.
    Can ShipStation move the Order Notes back up?

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Back-end Order Links Should Exist for Rakuten

You already support hot-linking the store-specific order number to the back-end of the marketplace for Amazon and ebay. Possibly others. Rakuten should have this benefit too. There is a reliable URL prefix that just needs the order number appended to it to construct a link. Attached is an example of one of the few places you may see a link.

The order number prefix would be https://rmsportal.rakuten.com/orders/details/view/

I'm not even sure I should burn my votes on this, as the idea is not new in general, you just haven't completed it when possible on the marketplaces you officially support. What…

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base