Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Calculator in APP not displaying correct shipping cost. - Bug

With the exact same information in the mobile app and online, I get different shipping costs. The app is incorrect and shows a much lower cost than the actual. Image attached. I often use the app when pricing merchandise and just realized how wrong it is. I greyed out the ship from but they are the same.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hi @Daniel Munevar PlantVine! Thanks for bringing this up, we’re reviewing this issue with our development team for the Android version of ShipStation mobile.

We’ll keep you posted on when you should update your mobile app.

2. Android App Rate Calculator Issues - Bug

When I change any of the options in the Optional section (except the package size) it resets anything I changed in the Required section. Very annoying as we always start from the top down.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Android Galaxy Note 8, App constantly needs to be force closed

I'm finding that I constantly need to be force closing the app and reopening it. Sometimes it hangs when refreshing orders, and sometimes when just using the calculator but it happens almost every time i open the app that has been open previously.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thanks for bringing this up! Can you please reach out to our support team so we can collect information unique and private to you? This will help us isolate specific instances where your mobile app is crashing.

4. Uncombine Orders

It would be nice if you could uncombine orders. Sometimes you combine orders shipping to the same customer and then they call and want to cancel one order. Now you have no way to uncombine them and are left with having to cancel the whole order (so both orders) and having the customer have to go through reordering the product. We may lose the business if they take it elsewhere.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Back Order Status

The ability to recognize incoming sync’d orders as having back ordered products and place these orders under “Awaiting Back Order” or “Awaiting Product”. Not for ShipStation to monitor the inventory against the orders necessarily but to recognize a status or tag from the attached market place. In our case TradeGecko.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In orders tab, I want to know if an order is the customer's 1st order, 2nd or 3rd, etc.

I want to be able to segment orders this way so I can include an insert based on if it's the customer's 1st order, 2nd or 3rd, etc...

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow ShipStation to update altered orders from Shopify... not just orders that have been canceled.

I use Shopify to gather my website orders. From there they are imported into various stores set up in ShipStation.

Why can't ShipStation update an order that has been altered in Shopify? For example, lets say an order is imported into ShipStation from Shopify. I realize that the order is missing an item which I then have to refund back to the customer. I do the refund in Shopify, but when I re-import orders from Shopify back into ShipStation, the order still shows the full list of items in the "Order Items" list... the refunded item(s) are still present. It…

22 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Need ability to edit order items for non manual stores

Would like the ability to edit order details in all stores not just manual stores. If a customer calls to alter their order we have to cancel original order and create a new order.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Send Shipping Confirmations even if ShipStation cannot connect back to the sellers market place.

Could you add an automation rule that when Shipstation is not able to connect back to the market place it still emails the customer the tracking information when an Item is shipped. Right now, customers do not get emailed and it potentially creates an upset customer. You could even just switch the workflow to email customer then connect with market place.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Line Item Export weight item with pounds

Line Item Export Value, trying to export item weight, however, it only allow to convert to oz , my product is 55lbs , which comes up to 880oz. We need to import lbs data to our shipping carrier system. This is very inconvenience which we have to convert back to pounds every time. Please add a field that able to export as pounds not just oz.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Default printing Packing Slips per store.

As a 3PL, we have a client that only has 2 sku's . We group the orders by Skus, then create batches. The batches could be hundreds of orders, but all the same configuration (Sku 1, Sku 2, or both). So there is no need for packing slips here. We have other customers that have multiple skus and configurations, so packing slips would make sense. It would be nice to set the default on printing packing slips per store so that we don't have to turn it on and off depending on which store we are going to fulfill.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Merged orders results in an inactive order that is not reachable via API

When you merge 2 orders, one order ends up inactive. The surviving order has a advancedOptions.mergedIds array with order IDs that are not reachable. Asking for them gives you a 404. There should be a way to query an inactive order.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. International Shipping Carrier Integration - Aramex

It would be great if you can add more international carriers that we can use. Aramex is really cost efficient! Please add them into the integration list

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Use customer's first name only

Add a Field Replacement option that lets you use your customer's first name instead of their first and last. It looks more personal and other companies are doing this already.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. admin@normarh.qc.ca

Could you add XML files format option for order exportation.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please add custom messages for first class mail letter

Hi,
    Please allow us to print custom messages on First class mail letter, which helps us to instruct the mail clerk that "no machinable surcharges are paid".

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add Wholesale Pricing for X-Cart-5

X-Cart 5 like X-Cart 4 allows for wholesale or tiered pricing. When you integrated with X-Cart 5 you did not include this feature which you had in X-Cart 4. It would be great if you added it so we can use it in X-Cart 5.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Folders for Products

I would love to be able to organize our hundreds of products by having the ability to create folders

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. DHL eCommerce

Can we please add DHL eCommerce Max Expedited, savings are great and I don't wan to have to use another Shipping platform to utuilze this service.

The intergration is there and I spoke to DHL who said they are willing to add it in.

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Automatically fill city and state with postal code

When filling in the postal code automatically fill in city and state. When entering data in a manual order every keystroke helps if you have to enter multiple orders.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base