Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add SHIPPING PAID TOTAL attribute to automated email templates

I am working with a 3PL that requires constant confirmation to individual clients about which orders have been received and which orders have been shipped.

Currently, there is no way to attach a SHIPPING PAID TOTAL attribute to an email template. This would allow me to automate communication involving a critical piece of invoicing information for a wholesale client that ships based on NET15 and NET30 terms without manually sending a summarized export.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Allow to sort available box sizes

just want ability to be able to organize the package sizes or at least allow them to be numerical/alphabetical if not have the ability to simply drag them in the order you want them displayed... not just the order the were created. esp when you have lots of box sizes you want them organized - places that have many box sizes then could easily find the correct box size from a long list of available choices.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add customizations for the Return Reasons

I wish we had the opportunity to customize the "Return Reasons" on the Branded Returns Portal. The default options are not relevant to our product returns.

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. amazon transparency

Amazon has recently introduced their "Transparency" to better track inventory and to ensure its authenticity. We carry dozens of transparency enabled products which for merchant fulfilled orders require us to scan and upload transparency codes to Amazon that are scanned off the product. Currently this upload process is manual. We'd like for ShipStation to add a feature through the Amazon API that allows a scanned transparency code to be uploaded to the order and transmitted to Amazon when tracking information is transmitted.

More on Amazon's Transparency program here: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/202008510

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Autofill shipping fields in multiple item orders

We have many products that a customer can choose to order. To remember the dims for this many items wearies me. Standalone Product Detail has all info in which to autofill the fields in the shipping details. It will do this for single item orders. Why is this not available for multiple item orders? I understand USPS will not support this but UPS & DHL can have multiple items. This would be a game changer for my shipping team & I find it hard to believe that we are alone.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Order Aging

I would to know the average age of our orders when they ship. A goal for all ecom operations is a short shipping time but it is difficult to measure in detail using ShipStation

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hey! I was hoping that you would consider adding 'Faire' as a selling channel.

Faire.com has been growing like crazy & on-boarding sellers in huge amounts since November '18. They've existed much longer (originally known as Indigo Faire I believe) but have grown a lot lately and it seems like most small businesses / makers who wholesale their product are now using it. Would be great to streamline these orders in vs adding them manually. Thank you!

20 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Remove Recaptcha Verification at Login

We've been experiencing the Google recaptcha verification puzzles every time we login which averages 5+ times a day. Each time taking 15-20 secs. From a customer support chat the overall conversation conveyed this is how it is. Is ShipStation experiencing a high number of bot traffic signing in to want a recaptcha?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. text updates

Id like to have a button where customers can sign up for text updates like this example attached.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Edit and Delete Customers

We need to be able to edit or delete customers from the database without having to upload a csv file. Below are a couple examples for when this would be helpful. I'm sure others here will agree that some simple database management would be greatly appreciated.

I recently had to correct a type-o in a customer record and the process is just unreasonable. Download an example .csv file, add ALL the customer information (not just what needs changing) upload the file, and finally make sure that the original profile was correctly overwritten. It should be as simple as hitting an…

131 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Be able to select DO NOT NOTIFY MARKETPLACE for store

We have one retail store but ship over 500 orders a month via Shipstation, at the moment we are able to select do not notify the marketplace for an individual order but not for the whole store. We would like this as an option in the setting tab.

By not having this option we are not able to effectively use the shipstation feature of being able to create labels in bulk seeing as we need to make sure that the marketplace is not notified for every order.

Our E-comm business is increasing as is our use of shipstation so this…

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Inventory on Mobile App

I would like to be able to edit inventory numbers via the mobile/ipad app. This would be much better than having to lug around a laptop.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Portugal

Need to add carriers in Portugal.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. FedEx International Mail Service Add with No Tracking Number Option

I saw the old closed thread on FedEx International Mail Service. I see there is a lot of interest in having this service work with Shipstation and rightfully so. I hope a full integration is in the works, but I believe a work around can be implemented now.

My suggestion for now is to allow the FIMS orders to ship while uploading a ship notification to the marketplaces WITHOUT the invalid tracking numbers shipstatin is creating now. It would be far better to show the orders as simply shipped without listing any tracking information than as it is now with…

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The ability to ad carriers for freight.

It would be nice to ad our LTL Carrier to our list of carriers. You do a nice job for ground but fall way short for anyone using LTL freight. Even if it was an option for our developer to write a script it would be worth while and would not jam your team up. Please make an option to ad your own LTL carrier with an open API that will feed information back and forth. Thanks.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Auto Print label in Scan to Print

It would be great to have an option to auto create/print the shipping label once an order is entered in Scan to Print. We use packing stations and would like the packers to be able to scan the order, and a shipping label is printed right away without the extra step of confirming the print. Each station packs a few hundred orders a day, so having the extra step of confirming the print slows down our efficiency alot.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Automation Rules with "OR" criteria

Allow for "or" in automation rules. You currently have to create multiple rules instead of one rule to accomplish the same thing.

For example, I want to flag all express shipping.
    There are three ways this shows up: If the shipping service contains "Next", "Express", or is mapped to a particular express service.

I want the automation rule to tag orders that meet any of these criteria. Its not the end of the world, but to do this, I had to make three separate rules.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please add a line for Title

There needs to be an optional line for title. Right now it either goes after the address - not correct, or has to be in the name list, which means it gets cut short.
    :
    Nancy Jones
    CEO
    Company of Note
    123 Main
    Anywhere IL 60062

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Adding More Customization to the Order Summary

Would be GREAT if we can add more fields from Shopify into the Order Summary such as Vendor, Product Type, and Location so picking is efficient

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Move the SIDE BAR to the bottom. I need more vertical space.

I need more vertical space, to look at the order and easier to scroll up and down for the orders.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base