Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. external provider

When running my end of day report to see what was shipped from Ship Station any order that show up External provider does not pull over into ANY report that I run. I even had your support team try. We can not calculate our total properly because of this. Please fix.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @mleon thanks for bringing this up! I took a look into your ticket with our folks here and see you’ve gone through most of the reports and haven’t found what you’re looking for.

What kind of total are you looking to calculate?

Please let us know here in the forums so we can have an open discussion with others looking for reports.

2. Dynamically print the product name in the actual color of the product

Many of my products come in multiple colors, and a common error my shippers make is to send the wrong color. It would be awesome if the product name could print out on the packing slip in the actual color of the product.
    So "Large widget - Blue" would print out in blue on the packing slip
    and "Medium widget - Red" would print out in red

My products also come in 2 sizes, so I would also use this to have a custom color for each size, so my packers could easily see which size by the color

From…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dynamic Label Branding per Store

Looking for different branding TEXT per store. Dynamic Logo works fine, but need to brand text too - Please.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. International label on the fly

Add option to print international labels on the fly rather than having to go to Options and change to a different printer (regular paper printer), and then switch back to thermal printer for domestic labels.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. fba mexico

Please support FBA Mexico!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Pick list order items by warehouse location - Secondary filter alphanumerically

We are having issues between SkuVault and ShipStation integration in regards to picklist locations. After chatting with a support rep, we are realizing that shipstation doesn't have a resolution to this currently.

The resolution would be to add an option to the Order Items by Warehouse Location Alphanumerically. (secondary sort?)

Shipstation currently has a sort by Warehouse location but when there are multiple locations, the location with less inventory is that displays first, which in our case is inaccurate. SkuVaults Policy is to pick based on alphanumeric. Shipstation and SkuVault need to have the ability to work on the same…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please allow me to connect Shipstation to my IndieGoGo orders

Allow me to connect to crowdfunding site IndieGoGo to fill orders "Perks"

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add logged in users First and Last name to Packing Slip

We keep track of the person who packed each order by manually signing each packing order. Would be nice to have the ability to add the First and Last name of the logged in user to the Packing Slip. At the moment this field in not available.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Batch print of multiple manually entered labels with different recipients, weights, sizes etc.

I manually enter and ship multiple packages each day, with different sizes, weights to various recipients. I want to create those labels throughout the day (or even more than one label at a sitting), complete with all information, and print them all at once.

Basically, I want to avoid the system auto-charging me for each one individually. 50 charges for $7.20 is frustrating to manage on the accounting side, to say the least. I

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. new zealand

Add address validation for new Zealand with DHL, I believe DHL already offer it within the API it just needs to be utilized.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. payment method

Be able to change the payment method to a custom field in automation. For instance, all Amazon orders import with a payment method of "other" and I want to change it to "Amazon". And eBay has "PayPal Express Payment" change it to "PayPal"

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue a partnership. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to aspdotnetstorefront and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

13. Auto-Update Orders Before Weekly Report Sent

Prior to Shipstation sending the Weekly Report I would like the orders auto-updated because otherwise an inaccurate report is received which to me makes the report pointless. I find my weekly report to be wrong almost every week (sometimes by a significant margin) because the orders have not been updated prior to sending the weekly report.

So to make your weekly report as accurate as possible I would appreciate Shipstation doing an auto-update prior to sending.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add field "Total Shipping Cost" into any Archived Batch

Hello guys, I'm just curious is it possible to add one extra field on archived batches contained "Total Shipping Cost as it set up in "Shipment Manifest"? In this case I will see daily how much will be charged from Stamps.com for any batch and easy will compare it with my bank account . Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Adding more heavy freight / fragile freight carrier integrations in Australia

Hey All,

Love what you do, but the more I investigate ShipStation, the more I realise it is not geared towards our business. We are an online furniture retailer, and we work with fragile freight carriers such as TOLL group, COPE and TLC Always Moving.

I'd love to see integrations with some of these carriers to open up a whole new revenue stream for you, and a whole lot less stress for us, your customers.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for leaving your thoughts! We currently don’t support freight for any carriers, but this doesn’t mean we won’t soon! We’ll keep this in mind; for now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.

16. Please change the international icon to something nicer

I understand that a change was rolled out last Thursday, July 27th, that changed the icon for international orders from a globe of the earth to a black circle with a question mark inside it. This appears for users who do not have international address verification enabled. Since I do not want to enable this feature, I honestly can't stand looking at this new icon. It kind of makes you feel like there is a problem with the order and it's just plain ugly.

My suggestion would be to put the globe of the earth back the way it was,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add customer notifications for shipments outside of sales orders

I frequently ship randomly outside of actual sales orders. This is great that I can do this, but unfortunately there's no option to notify customers when you ship this way. I have to copy and paste the tracking info into an email...

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Report Scrolling

The scroll bar at the bottom is allusive! We thought the report was very limited. Looked to the bottom, no scroll bar. UNTIL we went all the way to the bottom of the report and there it was, the scroll bar showing us this report is a heavy hitter and has everything anyone could ever want.

Suggestion: Make sure that tricky little scroll bar appears at the bottom ALWAYS.

PS this was Reports » Raw Data Exports >> Shipped Orders

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Custom HTML Shipment Letter

In the templates section of the dashboard, it would be nice to have a 3rd option for a package 8.5x11 insert. For example, a thank you letter or instructions. Here is an example of an HTML letter I made hoping that I could have print from ShipStation in our warehouse for each package and use custom variables like customer name and order number to personalize it. It would be similar to the current customize option, but just a single WYSIWYG HTML editor to customize your own letter. Here's my HTML example: http://cvfracing.com/v/vspfiles/files/fonts/CVFLetterheadPurchase.html

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base