Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to update single split order via the API

When an order is split, all of the related orders are given the same internal "orderKey". When updating any one of the orders using the API, the values given (even if they are the right ones ex. address) overwrite all of the orders. There may be some internal logic as to why they share the same key but if I want to target only one of the orders I am unable to do so through the API.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. COD Shipments

It would be nice if we could still view COD shipments in a column or within the order details.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @umdistributors, thank you for bringing this up! To make sure we’re on the same page, are you looking for a way to quickly identify your COD orders?

If so, you should be able to identify these orders by opening the order details window or looking at the order in the sidebar. If you’ve selected the COD option, you should see the text “COD” below the insurance field and above the shipping rate. Please let us know here if this isn’t what you were referring to.

3. Add "Source" to packing slip

When I look at the ORDERS screen or the SHIPMENTS screen, I can view a column called "Source". I want to print that on the packing slip. For us, this is Amazon, eBay, Sears, Walmart, or BigCommerce. Since our customer doesn't always order directly from us, it would be a big help for this information to be included on the packing slip.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Manual qty input with specific pick-list

You know how each order shows the qty of a product? Well, I would LOVE the ability to manually input the qty that we actually have or do not have and then print a pick-list based on what is needed on all selected orders. Make sense?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. SKU number include on the label with bigger format

Please put SKU number include on the label with bigger format instead of setting it as a small message. Really hard to see the sku number with small format like this. I was using teapplix before and their sku number once big and clear on the shipping label. Also sku number can NOT be added on international label. Please help and solve this issue

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Automatic Order Created When a Returned Item Arrives

The branded returns portal is great in terms of generating a return. However one feature that I think would be useful is if the item needs to be returned due to a warranty or delivery issue. Let's say the item needs replacement - can the customer select Warranty or Replacement, and then an automatic re-order could generate within ShipStation based on the selection. It would hold the inventory for the replacement, and once we approve the warranty/replacement it could be shipped.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. logging of order manipulations

every time you split, or combine an order, I would lOVE to have that logged. (i.e. ... wed sept 12 4pm EST you split order 2178345 Fred Jones (customer name) into 2 orders(with new order numbers).... AND wed sept 12 4pm EST you combined order 2348355 Fred Jones with order 2358349 Fred Jones to make new order number xxxxxxxx. This would help tremendously catching any errors, such as when you mistakenly combine 2 orders from different customers by mistake, etc..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Give option to highlight "requested service mappings" for expedited orders

I would like to see the option to set certain requested service levels to be highlighted on the orders page. The main benefit to this would be so that we could easily see our expedited orders as highlighted in a certain color so that they are not overlooked very easily.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. product import

Product Updating Import

I notice when I need to import product updates I needed to import the whole file again with all the data. When you have a lot of products this is very time consuming. Because the import files need to be broke down into smaller files and imported one at a time to get the data imported.

Suggestion would be to have it so you can import just the headers needed. E.g. if you needed to import a tag you could create a file of just SKU and Tag1 in the header. When this file is imported it…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. order summary picture

Can we have the option to increase the size of the picture on the order summary.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Capture paypal transaction ID's from ebay orders

We have 4 ebay stores that we manage through Shipstation. At the end of the month, we do a Paypal reconciliation to make sure that we've fully accounted for every transaction hitting our Paypal bank.

I suggest Shipstation allow paypal transaction to come in as a datapoint on ebay orders. Other portals (Webgility, ChannelAdvisor, etc) all support pulling this datapoint.

This would add a lot of value to Shipstation, and it would make Shipstation much more viable for companies to use as a standalone product. Right now, my Shipstation trial is dependent on us going with Webgility, because shipstation can't…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. MAKE RETURNS SEPARATE ORDERS!!!!

need to be able to view returns, be able to "receive them" etc. right now they are just kind of limbo associated with the order but exissting nowhere else

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Etsy Studio

Please add Etsy Studio as a Selling Channel.

Many of us have Etsy stores with products in both Etsy and Etsy Studio. So frustrating not to see the Etsy Studio orders imported.
    Thank you, Kitt

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Batch order summary should be in the same order that the labels were created in the batch.

Currently, the batch will print out in the order in which we added the items to the batch. This is good, as we need to do them in a certain order for optimum efficiency. However, the order summary report that prints out with that batch comes up in a different order. There doesn't seem to be a way to make it so that the order summary report prints out in the same order as the batch labels and packing slips did.

This would be a huge improvement, particularly when it comes to training new employees. The supervisor could hand the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. separator

Our staff that actually pick and ship orders much prefer to use the Order Summaries as the primary document when processing an order. This is because it has the most necessary information and because they can usually fit multiple orders per printed page.

However, they point out that the Item Quantity is across the page from Item SKU, which makes it easy to get mixed between multiple line items, especially when working quickly.

Adding Line Item separators would solve them quite well. The lines could be dotted or a lighter grey if neccessary, to not confuse a line-item-separator with an…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Track stock by store

It would be great if we can enable/disable stock tracking per store instead of per Shipstation account. We only have 1 store that we manage our products through SS. When we import the csv file, we have to enable track stock. Once import is done, we have to disable. Just would be nice to pick the feature per store.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Freight in Canada

We ship furniture and are looking to consolidate all our shipping with one piece of software. Would be great if you could offer freightclub, freightcom in canada. It looks amazing that we can link our woocommerce and inventory. Just missing that one thing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Tagging / Segmenting by unique order item configurations

We had a large amount of orders that we needed to ship out in a 48 hour period. The customers only had 3 products to choose from and they could order up to 3 items of any combination of those three. We want to batch print each combination so that we can streamline fulfillment and are having trouble doing so with tags or automation rules. There doesnt seem to be a straightforward way to do it and SS support hasn't been able to supply a good strategy. For example, an order that contained two of product A and one of…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Include FBA shipping charges in estimation

Currently, ShipStation doesn't offer the pricing for FBA shipping. This would be useful as a cross-check, to ensure that what we are posting on our Squarespace site matches what we will be charged via Amazon FBA. It would be a really useful feature to have as we build our store out more, and as we ship internationally.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Customize Sales Dashboard and add feature to auto refresh.

Customize Sales Dashboard and add feature to auto refresh. Actually I want to use shipstation dashboard to show my team some sales data in real time. So that would be better if shipstation can add a feature to auto refresh data every minute instead of manually clicking refresh button.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base