Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More Shipment Columns

I would like to have the option of having more columns on the shipments page so that I can customize what I see according to our companies needs. we use some of the custom fields as well as other important fields to mark our orders and it would be a lot easier if we would be able to see those fields on the main shipment page.

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  25 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show tags on Scan to Print/Verify to Print Screen

Some of the tags that we use are for flagging certain orders to apply a hot key or special shipment configuration at the scan to print screen. We pick and pack multiple orders at once and then scan their packing slips at a later stage to print the shipping label. It would be beneficial to show the "tag" on this screen so we know which shipping configuration to add. We can't add shipping configurations prior in bulk because we do not yet have the weight of the fully packed order or type of package that will be used.

I hope…

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Identify returning customer to reward them

Just have a suggestion ..

Have it change color or some way to identify if it is a return customer. 2nd purchase -- a color. 3rd or 4th .. another. That way we can easily identify and give a gift in the package.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Include Dimensions and Insurance to the Shipping Costs

Our In-Cart Delivery options for our store is only grabbing live rates for the weight and displaying it to the customer. We need the rate to calculate with the dimension of the product as well.

Customer would only pay, for example $25 for shipping according to the weight of the product, but when the label is created with the dimension of the box included, the label ends up being $35 and we lose $10 for one order. It also doesn't apply if the order is insured as carriers would only cover up to $100, any order over $100 would need…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to remove the "Verify" manual button from the scan screen by user

We have multiple users on SS and some users use the Verify All button when a barcode does not scan which can then lead to the user putting the wrong item in the box just because it "looks right"

We would like the ability to disable the Verify All button for certain users or for a pin prompt for a manager to check and confirm with an audit trail of who verified it.

It would be even better if when the wrong item is scanned the inventory page for that SKU pops up for the user so it can be…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add your own carriers to mark as shipped list

We use a variety of shipping and freight options that are not available as carriers in shipstation. When we choose a shipping company outside of shipstation we will come back and manually mark the order as shipped. But when we go to select the carrier we are using, they are not available so we have to select "Other".

We should be able to create CARRIERS so we don't have to select "other" for every outside shipping company. Adding new carriers would make it easier to keep track of which carrier was used instead of relying on a tracking number and…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Need to add the Restore function to V3

I have tried the ‘Create Another Shipment’ option in V3, however the problem is that it does not carry forward the item detail from the original shipment into the new shipment.

Therefore at the end of the month when I reconcile the inventory, it does not show that we in fact shipped 2pc of whatever item it was, it only records the original item shipment.

Please pass along my comments to the developers as this function is essential to our order processing, inventory management as well as our month end reporting.

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Distinct shipping services available for unique account numbers with the same carrier

We have two different accounts with the same carrier. One acct. has best domestic rates and another acct. has best int'l. rates. When I try to enable only domestic shipping services for our "domestic" acct., it applies those same selections to the other account that we only want to enable int'l. shipping services for. We don't want the enabled shipping services to be mirrored on both accts. If we could enable a unique set of shipping services for each distinct acct. number with the same courier, that would be tremendously helpful.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Translating Backend Automation Function to Checkout Cart Calculation

Recently we've been looking to better represent live shipping rates to customers upon checkout. The organic ShipStation live calculation is a step in the right direction; however, it still falls short in providing the cheapest option for the customer. For example, in my store I can ship a half gallon of maple syrup from Vermont to Massachusetts in a USPS Flat rate box for about $8-9. The cheapest option is properly represented (as depicted in the first image). When I change the quantity to two, I know that I can fit a second half gallon in the same flat rate…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Displayed Shipping Options Schema is Flawed - Not designed for "real world" business

PROBLEM - The displayed Shipping Options Schema is flawed and not designed for "real world" business and customer needs. We use BigCommerce and process phone, mail, and online orders.

Here is the specific issue - As per ShipStation customer support staff - For delivery options we have automatic filtering logic that runs and removes any services that have the same or longer delivery time and that are more expensive. Since the Standard shipping has the shortest delivery time and is the cheapest, the other two options are automatically removed.

The automatic logic is flawed for a number of reasons.

Assuming…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Change 48hrs to 72hrs Shipsurance for Friday shipments going out Monday

We often have orders we want to fill on Fridays but that will ship on Monday. We do this so we are ahead for Mondays orders BUT also so the customer gets a notification that the order has been filled and will ship on Monday.

ShipSurance prevents this with their current 48hr policy. The result is that we have to hold these orders until Monday, not only making our workload higher but also delaying notification to the often impatient customers.

A 72hr grace period would fix this issue for companies that are not open on the weekends.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Remove shipment after "CancelIndicium called on an old transaction" error

If you get this error "CancelIndicium called on an old transaction" on a shipment there is no way for the user to delete the shipment. Customer service says they do not a method currently to circumvent that issue in order to remove the shipment record.

Please fix!!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create "Ship to" Locations

ShipStation currently offers the ability to provide standard "Ship from" locations.

Can you please add the same for "Ship to"?

I ship to the same addresses on a weekly basis and it would be great to automate that. Typing it in every time is onerous!

Thanks!
    Alex

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Move the "remove from batch" button further away from the "bulk update" button

It's very easy to remove all items from a batch when attempting to do a bulk update. If the "remove" button was moved further down the list (maybe a user editable option to move it), that would be great.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Shipment API by Tracking Status

In the below API documentation, we can get all the shipment by using multiple filter params however we cannot filter by Tracking Status
    https://www.shipstation.com/docs/api/shipments/list/

Status Names:
    1. Status Unknown
    2.In Transit
    3. Delivered

This way we can get all the Shipments by there Tracking Status.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. CARIBOU

PLEASE DO INTEGRATION WITH CARIBOU SHIPPING COMPANY AS WELL
    THANKS

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. More detailed shipping status - currently only "shipped" or "delivered"

We use UPS and need to know when a delivery is attempted & missed so this can trigger a notification in Shopify to alert our customer. At the moment Shipstation does not offer this shipping status. Alternatively, have Shipstation send UPS a customers email when creating a label so UPS can notify them directly.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Request a pickup for any pending shipment, not just on the same day

I make a shipment today and try to schedule a pickup. The shipment is dated today, but the cutcuff to schedule a pickup is midnight last night. I can't schedule the pickup today because it's past the cutoff, and I can't schedule a pickup for tomorrow because the shipment is dated today.

I should be able to schedule a pickup tomorrow for any pending shipment, even shipments that were dated earlier. This is also a problem if, say, your courier misses a scheduled pickup. In the current system it would never get picked up because you can't schedule a pickup…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. High volume shipment issues

My issues require a developer to create solutions. How long does it take for developers to makes solutions live?

I need to process a high volume of orders (3,000+ ) at once.
    Here are the issues:

I'm hitting a batching limit of 500. Can you lift the limit?

Bulk updating hits the same 500-count limit. Can you lift the limit?

The manifest: same limit. Can you lift the 500-count limit?

Also, for the manifest, I need the option to NOT print all tracking numbers of shipments in a manifest, so that the entire manifest prints on one single sheet of…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base