Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scan and store or write back serial numbers to business systems

Our company offers products with unique serial numbers as well as a combination of them. one scenario could be shipping a cellphone and its SIM card to a particular customer. It would be ideal to have ShipS hold the data or write it to our business system.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Additional Sidebar Information

Hello, i would love to have the ability to add additional information to products on the sidebar of the orders tab, under "item(s) ordered", specifically the shipping warehouse location.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Product weight changes applying to total weight for multiple orders

In E-Commerce, its not always a certain to have the correct weight of a product at the time the product is created, in Shopify, say.

We've been searching for a way to get correct weights into products after they've already made it to SS.

We can apply weight to a SKU in the products section, then apply to open orders but that feature does not work 100% of the time. Additionally, those product weights wont apply to multiple item orders total weight.

This makes it almost impossible to automate shipping and requires orders to be weighed manually. This makes large…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. ADD "UNIT PRICE" to PRODUCT ATTRIBUTES

ADD "UNIT PRICE" to PRODUCT ATTRIBUTES
    This is an idea that was closed before we started using shipstation. We need to have price be a product attribute that loads automatically for manual orders. Useful for phone orders.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Export Fulfillments to CSV to include Order Line Items

Shipments can be exported to include line item orders - Fulfillments should also have the same functionality

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Modify Existing FILO (First In Last Out) for Inventory Management in Same Warehouse Location Group

The current inventory management solution for Shipstation allows you to add multiple locations from the same warehouse. For instance, we have numerous rooms in our warehouse, and Area 4 is where we store items that are shipped regularly, and Area 3 is a larger storehouse where we store full palettes. Currently, we move product from Area 3 to Area 4 to make shipping faster, hence we have 2 rows for inventory management.

Presently, Shipstation is set in a First In Last Out (FILO) setup, where it depends on the last inventory location was added to the system. Because of this,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Inventory Program Integration

It would be nice if there was a way to use the stock pushed from our inventory program in automation rules. This would help cut down on backorders going to the warehouse. The numbers are right there in each order view. Not sure why it can't be viewed to apply rules.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. API for shopify to use as master data set

API for shopify so anyone using shopify can use shipstation as the master for inventory when selling an various sales channels.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Showing barcodes for each product

We have a barcode field in Shopify for each product that we use to locate each item in the warehouse via the use of a scanner. If I want to fully rely on ShipStation to locate my item in the warehouse and ship it out, i would need to be able to see this barcode field.

There is only a SKU field showing for each product in ShipStation which is automatically imported from Shopify but the "Barcode (ISBN, UPC, GTIN, etc.)" in Shopify is not. Can we have Shipstation import this field automatically from Shopify the same way it imports…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Magneto Product Quantity Or Attribute Field Should Be Mapped

We have Magento and pick our orders that are sent over into shipstation. When we print the shipstation pick list order pickers cannot see if the item is Last or the quantity left over so we can verify the number left over. This helps with warehouse inventory accuracy levels.

Moreover, There should be more options to map over fields from Magento in Shipstation.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Warehouse Location expanded section

I would very much like to see the 'Warehouse Location' section expanded from a maximum of 100 to 500 characters. It would also be extremely useful if the section that displays this information within the 'Standalone Product Detail' section is expanded to show up to 500 characters (there's plenty of space within this area to do so).

I have a warehouse that has up to 30 pallets of the same SKU, and having this update within ShipStation is my only option to show the location data in its entirety to my team. Many thanks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Do NOT automatically check off box when adding a Pre-Set Group

Whenever we add a pre-set group to a product, it automatically checks off the box "do not create for products using this preset group" which makes the preset group setting not apply to the product and bascially completely negates adding the pre-set group when orders are created with that product.
    If we are adding the pre-set group to one product at a time, it is not too much trouble to unclick that box but if we are adding it to multiple products with a bulk action, there is no option to bulk action uncheck that box.
    Please make it so…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. inventory location in orders

I love the inventory management feature, especially that I can see through an order how many items remain in my stock counts. However, I would absolutely love to be able to see the location and bin of where to find my inventory item quickly from within the actual order. It would be a great workflow time saver for everyone. Please add ASAP.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Keep Warehouse Assignment even when QOH = 0

Just because a product's QOH goes to 0, the warehouse should not be deleted by Ship Station. Once you assign a warehouse to an item, it should be part of the product's record until you change or delete it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Notification when orders import with new products

Hi,

I would love to know when a NEW product is added to a client's webshop. Most often our clients put pre-sales, meaning we do not actually have the products in stock yet. They can sell a few hundreds of that order in just a few hours.

When my packing team starts going through the daily orders, they will struggle a lot from not knowing what awaiting shipments to fulfill and which ones to leave for later.

Perhaps a we could add so that a NEW product automatically goes on HOLD, until I put them manually back to awaiting shipments?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. expand warehouse location field to 500 characters

I would very much like to see the 'Warehouse Location' section expanded from a maximum of 100 to 500 characters. It would also be extremely useful if the section that displays this information within the 'Standalone Product Detail' section is expanded to show up to 500 characters (there's plenty of space within this area to do so).

I have a warehouse that has up to 30 pallets of the same SKU, and having this update within ShipStation is my only option to show the location data in its entirety to my team. Many thanks.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. product details update by csv file

Please stop overwriting product details if the field is blank in the csv file.....Or stop requiring the full template so that you don't need to include these fields and then all other details are deleted
    I've used probably 30 other platforms and this isn't an issue anywhere else

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. product price

Please add a way to store price per product. A way to store price by product per customer is even more useful. In ShipStation we have to manually check every single order for correct pricing. For wholesale orders we have to enter it in every single time. So frustrating.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sort Product Categories Alphabetically in the Product Drop-Down Menu

Sort the categories in alphabetical order. Right now they display in some random order, maybe the way they were entered

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. bulk update "do not track inventory"

We should be able to bulk uncheck the "do not track inventory" box in the product inventory. WHY WOULD THAT EVEN BE THE DEFAULT???

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base