Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. shipconnect startup

Can you please create a button
    "Launch ship connect on startup"

It's a pain in the the but to open ship connect every time we log into shipstation.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Auto Print label in Scan to Print

It would be great to have an option to auto create/print the shipping label once an order is entered in Scan to Print. We use packing stations and would like the packers to be able to scan the order, and a shipping label is printed right away without the extra step of confirming the print. Each station packs a few hundred orders a day, so having the extra step of confirming the print slows down our efficiency alot.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. audio alerts for new batches

It would be great if ship station had an audio alert for when a new batch is completed and ready to be printed. Our Operations team is in a different part of the building than our shipping area, so it would be great to know when a new batch has been generated without having to get up and go check.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Schedule hours to print

Add the ability to schedule printing hours. For example, schedule on Ship-station that you can only print orders from 8am until 5pm and the rest of the hours blocked from printing orders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Autofill shipping fields in multiple item orders

We have many products that a customer can choose to order. To remember the dims for this many items wearies me. Standalone Product Detail has all info in which to autofill the fields in the shipping details. It will do this for single item orders. Why is this not available for multiple item orders? I understand USPS will not support this but UPS & DHL can have multiple items. This would be a game changer for my shipping team & I find it hard to believe that we are alone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Landscape Packing Slips Needed

We need the option to have landscape packing slips. We sell on Home Depot and need to be able to create landscape packing slips per their guidelines.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add custom messages for first class mail letter

Hi,
    Please allow us to print custom messages on First class mail letter, which helps us to instruct the mail clerk that "no machinable surcharges are paid".

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add a 4x5 label option for 4 labels to a page.. it's a money and resource saver!

I don't know how this isn't already an option? Having only 4x6 is so limiting and those who transfer from Stamps I'm sure are used to 4x5 or 4 to a sheet label options. When shipping tons of items, only 2 to a sheet is not cost effective. Besides the 4x6 cause me to have to use larger pricier packaging for small items which wastes more money and resources.
    I'm still shocked this is not a thing yet on here.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. ShipStation does not have the functionality for ORMD(hazardous material) shipping

There is no option for ORMD under shipping options (FedEx ) and Special Handling/Hazardous Material under USPS. We ship Essential oils and this is a required field.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Adding More Customization to the Order Summary

Would be GREAT if we can add more fields from Shopify into the Order Summary such as Vendor, Product Type, and Location so picking is efficient

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Develop to support 4 x 4 labels for use with DPD

Develop to support using 4 x 4 labels

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Scan to print functionality for couriers without rates

Scan to print functionality

Is there an plan to allow scan to print to work on couriers that don't return a rate into Shipstation ?

We hold accounts with our couriers and are not really concerned about the rate that Shipstation returns, as we have negotiated rates directly with the couriers based on our volumes.

Currently in the UK both Royal mail and DPD - are not supplying rate information.

The scan to print option would improve our efficiency enormously

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to add a document to a batch

It'd be nice to have an option to produce a document for a batch, even if it's a custom packing slip or pick list.

For context, here's our use case:
    If I have a shipment that is comprised of 1024 cakes and 2048 cookies, I'd like to be able to create a divider document to separate the batches of labels into "cakes" and "cookies".

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Commercial Invoice Documentation Options

Having the ability to put your tax id or EORI number on the commerical invoices for all carries not only the onces provided on the intial set up now which include UPS, USPS, etc.

Also providing customers the options to edit these documents BEFORE the shipment has been selected to ship. Once you hit the ship button only then the commercial informations populates for you to edit it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. For Channel Advisor Users: Display Available Quantity on Pick List or Packing Slip

Shipstation has a feature for Channel Advisor Integration that can pull Available Quantity from specific Channel Advisor Warehouses and display it in a column in Order Line Items. This information is useful when there may be a small number of units left in stock, but it is only displayed on the order page and cannot be printed on the pick list or packing slip.

All that is needed is a new [Dynamic Field] that can be called in the packing slip template.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Default printing Packing Slips per store.

As a 3PL, we have a client that only has 2 sku's . We group the orders by Skus, then create batches. The batches could be hundreds of orders, but all the same configuration (Sku 1, Sku 2, or both). So there is no need for packing slips here. We have other customers that have multiple skus and configurations, so packing slips would make sense. It would be nice to set the default on printing packing slips per store so that we don't have to turn it on and off depending on which store we are going to fulfill.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Label Sizes Too Limited: We don't use 4x6 for our business and that's all Shipstation Allows

An option to customize label sizes like Stamps.com would help. I use label sizes 7 1/2 x 2 1/2 amongst other varying sizes and being forced to use a 4x6 or 8.5x11 limits our options. I wih the flexibility from Stamps.com would transfer over to ShipStation. Using ShipStation at this time would not be a good fit for my company.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 4x8 Packing Slips - Thermal Printers

I'd love to have the option to print to a 4x8 thermal label because many of my orders are larger and the packing slip rolls over and prints on two labels. Having a two page packing slip is a waste of supplies, increases print costs and can create confusion in the fulfillment warehouse.
    Please Vote.. Thanks :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Prevent creating label if insure amount is $0 when the insurance is selected

One of our employees overlooked the insured amount and printed the label thinking that it's already insured. The dollar amount is $0 -- the system should prevent them from creating the label when the amount is set to $0 only when the insurance option is selected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 4 x 4 Labels

Hi,

We currently use DPD as we were doing international shipping and are happy with their rates. Their printer only prints 4 x 4 labels which the barcode scanner is setup to read throughout the parcel's journey.

I've just been in touch with your help desk and they said you only support 4x6 and 8x11, is there any way you can get 4x4 as one of the settings?

Many thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base