Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shipping Labels Builder interface (x, y-axis) on any Label Format

Be able, via a Shipping Label Builder interface, to place carrier's shipping assets (positioned on x, y-axis) like barcodes, addresses, references, etc. All possible assets for each carrier on any given label format (4x6", 4x8", 8.5x11", etc..).

Possible to scale & rotate assets. Also, to add simple shapes like circles, squares, and text also. This would probably answer many of the label format requests like the one I need (COD with Canpar, Label with Yellow background, on an 8.5x11" paper pre-printed by Canpar).

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Color logo for Branding, B&W logo for label printing

I like the customization of the branding page and emails. Unfortunately if I make that look good with a color logo, it prints very light on my labels via the Zebra thermal printer. I think it would be helpful to have a color and B&W logo option so that the label can use the B&W and the branding can still be in color.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Print receipt along with packing slip for

When we print shipping labels via UPS Worldship we get a receipt that prints out separately beneath the label that indicates the cost of the shipment as well as the tracking information. We file this receipt along with the order invoice for record keeping purposes. As we move over to ShipStation, we really need to have similar functionality - currently, this seems to be a limitation with the platform.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Export Returns Data (and API)

Need an "Export Returns" button (like existing Export Shipments), so that a data file (CSV,XLS,PDF) is generated with the Returns list.

Used to forward the returns data to a material processing system (refunds, restock, etc.). Could be used to create "RMA's" using the same ShipStation RMA# (and Order#) as reference.

**Also, Returns data should be available via API too. (Query by RMA# or Date Received Range)

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. stamps

The issue I am having is printing postage, not labels. I purchased a roll for postage (Netstamps) from stamps.com and I wanted to print a bunch at one time so I do not have to change the roll in my thermal printer from labels to stamps each time I need a stamp. It seems excessive / wasteful to print a full label for a small letter when I just need postage. Is anyone else having the same issues?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to adjust the font sizes of the ship to and ship from addresses on labels

It would be beneficial to have the ability to adjust the font sizes of the ship to and ship from addresses on labels.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow extra product attributest to be imported for Customs information

We'd like ShipStation to be able to import more product attributes in the form of customs information that is already set in our Magento store. we'd like these extra attributes to be imported into ShipStation so they can be used to automatically populate the customs forms. At the moment there is no easy way to do this other than having to export all our products from either Sage or Magento then faff about re-arranging it to import into ShipStation. We don't do this as when SS imports product data it doesn't seem to keep it updated with the freshest info…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Receive alerts when a return label is printed.

Receive alerts when a return label is printed. Can this feature be added?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Print ONE Label Per Page on Laser Paper Please

We are new using ShipStation and in our trial period. Currently running ShipRush in tandem with our current program to compare features and benefits and really like ShipRush better. One issue we have run into is the inability for ShipRush to ONLY print one label per page on laser paper. Switching to thermal labels is not an option for us. The issue is that FedEx supplies us the laser labels for free but they are only 1-up per page. We have a mix of single and multi-box shipments. And it's convenient to see/count and verify that you have for example…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Change Default Print Settings by Location

Should be able to set print settings by location. Not all warehouse have access or need for the same print setup, creates a lot of difficulties in workflow and supporting efficiency to not allow that flexibility.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to Rotate Labels 180 degrees in Shipstation Connect

Canada Post labels (and I assume other shipping labels) come in a roll that has the peel away tracking number sticker at the bottom of the label but some label printers print top to bottom. This results in the tracking sticker being placed at the top of the label. Since Shipstation Connect doesn't go through the print window and presets, there's no easy way to flip it and it means we have to use PDF print for labels. A tick box that alters Shipstation Connect's print command to include an orientation flip on the label would make a world of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bring Back 1-Time Print Setting Override on Order Details Page

In the past, you used to allow a 1-time print settings override by holding down the Create Label button. This would bring up the Settings box and you could choose a differnt setting for that particualr label. Now the easiest way is to create the label with your Remembered Selection, then go to the Shipments tab, check the box for the shipment and there you can go to Print, then hold down the Labels selction in the pulldown menu. This is a waste of time and paper.

We normally print to label, so prefer to have that setting Remebered, but…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. End of day scalable window

It would be great if the window for End of day was resize-able.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. First name and Last Name Export Shipment Line Items Data

Customs now requires both FIRST and LAST name on paperwork so it makes it much easier to scan through the information if separation of fields is available. If first and/or last name is missing from the customers paperwork drivers will charge extra for downtime in pulling out the packages missing that information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. options for packing slips

I ship a LOT of products that are gifts. Some of my buyers opt for a greeting card, and perhaps half of them write out the greeting and don't "sign" the card. The problem is that when I go to print either the Order Summary, or Packing Slip, the "SHIP TO" is listed, but not the "BUYER NAME/FROM". i would like both to be on the Packing Slip so that the "sent to" person knows who's actually sending their gift, and won't have to guess who's its from by looking at a funky email address.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. B13a Form

When shipping internationally (other than in the US) any orders above $2,000 CAD needs a B13a form to be filled out.

If this can be done through ShipStation that would be amazing because it is time consuming.

As of right now the process is having to fill out the pdf form and then print it to out to put it on the box along with sending the form to the appropriate person via email from the carrier you are using.

The issue is not only time consuming, but I have came across cases where there were delays on the carriers…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Turn off FedEx AWB Copy label printing

There should be an option to turn off the printing of the FedEx AWB copy label (which contains customs descriptions and values) on international shipments. Better yet, it should be turned off by default when using FedEx Electronic Trade Documents. With ETD, there is no need to include the copy with the shipment, so this is a waste of a label.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. shopify receipt

Allow Shopify receipts to display discounts dollar amounts and calculations. Currently Automated Discounts on Shopify do not appear on the receipts, so the receipts are entirely wrong and can't be used.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. logo on label

Our logo is prominently displayed at the top of the label using Fedex Ship Manager and is shown on all labels in a multiple package shipment. ShipStation add a small, barely legible logo in the top/center of the master label only. We would like ShipStation to mimic Fedex Ship Manager capabilities with labels. Our customers look for our logo to quickly identify shipments from us.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base