Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. USMCA Certificate of Origin

With USMCA replacing NAFTA, I would love to be able to print a certificate of origin while printing shipping labels. We do a lot of business with Canada and this would help us save our customers money and thus do more business.

159 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with: ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    40 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Generating customs invoices in correct currency

When a customer buys in dollars or euros from our site, it doesn't go through to the customs forms as dollars - it generates in GBP.

A customer in the US spent in dollars (under $800) which shouldn't mean they have to pay customs charges (as I believe it is set at $800) but it generated the customs invoice in £ (which then took the invoice over $800) and the customer has been charged $100 to receive their parcel.

Please can you let me know why this has happened and if this is the case that all customs declarations will…

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automate EORI Numbers

It is a legal requirement that EORI numbers are used on shipping goods from the UK to EU and Rest of the World. This field has been implemented granted, but still requires manual intervention to apply the EORI to each order, not an easy task when shipping 1000's of parcels a week off shore. Can this not be automated by rule, that when shipping to EU, the EU EORI number is selected, and when shipping outside of the EU (Rest of World) the UK EORI is used?

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make Label Messages Available on UPS SurePost Labels

I would like to have the option of putting custom label messages on our UPS Surepost labels. Things like the order number (which I have on all of our outgoing parcels) or a message that would be visible to anyone reading the label.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There is not sufficient inventory to fulfill this shipment

Warning message "There is not sufficient inventory to fulfill this shipment" doesn't allow label to be printed. If user elects to not have ShipStation track inventory, why can't the label be printed? This is a huge inconvenience. I'm unable to get a timely response from your support team (have to wait 3 days) and I have to use a backup shipment method. Not good.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Need ability to input Customers Tax ID Number in Customs Forms

It would be very helpful if we could have the ability to input the Customers TAX ID number for customs forms as this is very frustrating not being able to have this information as our International Business Clients require this information for import and so we have to manually write this on each copy of the 3 copies of the Customs Forms invoice. This should not be hard to add as this has been required on customs forms forever and wonder why ShipStation has not made this ability possible? . . please update so we can save time and frustrations.…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create customs declarations for Royal Mail orders sent from UK to Channel Islands

Royal Mail require customs data for shipping orders to Guernsey and Jersey but Shipstation doesn't let us add declarations for these orders, so we have to ship them through other software.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. drag orders to print in specific way

I would like to have the ability to move individual orders and also be able to print in said order

example: I have 3 sales for coffee mugs. Id like to be able to drag the orders and print them in a specific way. This would allow me to put same products and quantities in an order that would allow me to ship them efficiently.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Why doesn't the picklist print options have the choice to print the name of the batch?

The picklist prints with no identifier on it!! If I assign a pick list, and then the shipper collects the items and goes to create labels/packing lists, they don't know which batch they have!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. custom fields shopify metadata

Are there more options outside of those 9 that can map to the custom fields? Can we create our own mapping? I am using the giftship plugin for shopify and would like to map the from field and tiny note to the label custom fields as it would greatly improve our company's productivity.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Manifest in alphabetical order

Need to have the ability to print a shipping manifest or a print a batch manifest in alphabetical order.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Custom Fields not linkable to delivery information DPD Local

Why can't the custom information fields from shipstation be linked to the delivery information field in DPD Local?

I've gone round in circles between DPD local and Shipsation support. And both seem to say it's the other businesseses problem/ issue

Arrghhhh

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 4x4 labels! DPD only use this format

Implement a 4x4 label format as currently anyone using DPD can't print via ShipStation. DPD only use this size and they provide free labels and printers so no brainer!

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. ERROR- Ship To Phone must be no longer than 25 characters.

Issues printing Labels as ShipStaion doesn't allow more than 25 characters.

I import data from Amazon (USA) orders into Shipstaion via Channel Advisor and for data protection Amazon provide a number in this format.

+1 123-456-7891 ext. 12345

Due to the spaces, "-" and ext. i have to manually edit each order (phone number) before i can print.

This is not fun and i cant be the only person this affects.

I think you should extend the character limit on the telephone number field to fix this issue.

Cheers

Craig

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. price on picklist

Hi, it would be very helpful to have the item price on the Pick List.
    this way ill know where to look for that item, some items I put in a different location based on the price

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 8.5" × 11" (1 per page)

I NEED THIS
    I HAVE A TON OF LABEL SHEETS 8.5" × 11" BUT THEY ONLY HAVE ONE LABEL ATTACHED INSTEAD OF TWO.
    SO I NEED THE OPTION 8.5" × 11" (1 per page) INSTEAD OF 8.5" × 11" (2 per page) OR 8.5" × 11" (w/ Packing Slip) MINUS THE PACKING SLIP OPTION.
    WHY WOULD THIS NOT BE A OPTION TO PRINT ONE LABEL PER SHEET WITHOUT A PACKING SLIP ???
    I HAVE THOUSANDS OF LABEL SHEETS WITH ONLY 1 LABEL REMAINGING ON THEM AND I WOULD LIKE TO NOT WASTE THEM!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add customer phone numbers to order summaries

Please consider adding customer phone numbers to printed order summaries. My staff sometimes need to call customers, and having to go back online to find the number is inefficient. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. FedEx label typeface size

Can you change the font on FedEx labels? When I use the FedEx system the font is large. Your labels are very difficult to read.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Print Order As Selected

It would be amazing if there was a way to have the order which Shipping Labels (and packing slips) were printed be the same as the current sorted order on the Orders page.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. for printing: have to choose between getting a blank page every time or not getting the full order printed

we print label + packing slip on same page...but if an order is long (aka has a lot of items on it) then the whole order doesn't fit on that one page -- according to ShipStation there are only two options in this case: either have a blank page print after each and every order we print or have only 1 page print knowing that that 1 page may not include every item on the order...obviously neither option is a fix, more below from support

when this option is enabled, if an order has a lot of line items, the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base