Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. price on picklist

Hi, it would be very helpful to have the item price on the Pick List.
    this way ill know where to look for that item, some items I put in a different location based on the price

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. drag orders to print in specific way

I would like to have the ability to move individual orders and also be able to print in said order

example: I have 3 sales for coffee mugs. Id like to be able to drag the orders and print them in a specific way. This would allow me to put same products and quantities in an order that would allow me to ship them efficiently.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Change what key the Scan to View uses in the order details to find an order

We have a proprietary system for fulfillment with our own pick ticket system which includes its own barcode. This works great for all orders that we control the format on. We simply import our orders with the respective barcode value as the orderId and everything works. This does not work for integration setups like Amazon and Ebay because ShipStation controls that import and subsequently the value in the orderId field. Once our warehouse goes to pick the orders there is no relative order that would match up with our data because we didn't initially import the order ourselves. We're going…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add Buyers Email and Phone number to Packing Slips

We need to add the buyers email address and phone number to the packing slips - this seems like it should be easy considering the buyers email address is in the Buyer/Recipient Sold to info area of the order. We ship out most orders as gifts, so the Recipient email or phone number doesn't do us any good when we really need to contact the buyer not the recipient.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Create Barcode for Shipping Label that can be taken to UPS store and they print label

Sometimes Salesperson or Technicians need to ship a package. They can't print a label.

Would like to create a barcode (like what is available on UPS.com) to walk-in to the UPS store, show the barcode on their phone, and then the UPS store can print the label from the barcode.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There is not sufficient inventory to fulfill this shipment

Warning message "There is not sufficient inventory to fulfill this shipment" doesn't allow label to be printed. If user elects to not have ShipStation track inventory, why can't the label be printed? This is a huge inconvenience. I'm unable to get a timely response from your support team (have to wait 3 days) and I have to use a backup shipment method. Not good.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Custom Promotion Offer on Third Shipping Label

Can we automate ShipStation to print a third label with our custom promotion offer? Every order will print three labels.
    1) Shipping Label
    2) Packing List Label
    3) Promotion Label
    Users would LOVE this feature! Thank You, Mr Topes Golf

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Customizing label per shipment without adding new Ship From Location

I was trying to find a way to change the "Ship From" Name without adding a new ship from location and I have been made aware that this is currently not an option. I would like to be able to have each Department and Salesperson in my business be able to edit the one existing Ship From Location to Reflect their name without having to add all of them separately. That would entail having 40 plus Ship From locations. If I could have the one business name and address saved with a way to edit the name attached to the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Automatic Ship-Date Change On Holidays

Currently shipstation automatically changes the ship-date if creating shipping labels on a holiday. This causes issues with our FedEx 2-Day packages because they are unable to accept packages with the incorrect ship-date.

We would like to request to disable this feature. USPS does not mind if the shipdate is wrong, however FedEx requires the correct shipdate when shipping Express. It is a pointless feature to have since it negatively effects other labels within the same batch.

Today we had 250+ FedEx 2-Day packages that could not go out because of this useless feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. allow periods in shipping automation dimensions

automation rule > dimensions. Please allow periods! Dimensions need periods. Fedex one rate requires specific demensions. Fedex one rate allows for flat rate 2 day delivery, which means you can do seller fulfilled prime WITHOUT GIVING YOUR INVENTORY TO AMAZON. THIS IS AMAZING. but I have to put dimensions that have periods, and its crazy to do this manually for each order

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Use 3rd party accounts to pay for taxes and duties

We would like to option to use 3rd party brokerage accounts to pay for taxes and duties when shipping internationally.
    Right now, you do not have that option. You only have either the shipper pays for it or the recipient pays for it.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Pick List needs 4x6 Format Option

It is much faster and cheaper to print the picking ticket (Pick List) on the same 4x6 label printer. We've been doing it this way for years on another system. Currently the pick list is formatted only for 8.5x11 paper so if you print it on label paper you can barely read it. Forcing me to print on a laser printer makes me have to go to another room. Please add a 4x6 format to the pick list options. I assure you everyone will love it!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Small labels

I was amazed I couldn't print a page of say 30 address labels for my orders and place stamps on my shipments manually.

I ship face masks and they're small enough to go by stamp and save money, but your system will only let me print courier labels.

In Canada we don't have stamps.com and I simply want to print labels and attach postage myself.

Hopefully in the future you can do this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. ShipStation Connect Printing Different Sized Labels

I think this is more a neccessity than a request!

We would like to automate the printing of different label sizes for different services through ShipStation Connect. We use Australia post and their local label can be printed on a thermal 4x6 label whereas their international express label needs to be printed on a A4 or letter size plain paper. At the moment only one printer can be assigned to label printing. The only way around this, which is a pain in the backside (being polite) is not to define a printer and then select the correct one depending on…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Printing Customer Name Twice on Royal Mail Labels

A new update is now printing the customers name in the customer field and in the company field on the Royal Mail label. I have been told this is a royal mail requirement connected to returns. Clearly this is incorrect! It is a poor solution from Ship Station. The outgoing label and the returns label should be operated differently. Printing the customers details in the name and company field on the outgoing label needs to stop. I now have to go through a manual process to remove the duplication.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Set the Ship Date to the next "Business" day after cut-off time, instead of "calendar" day

Set the Ship Date to the next "Business" day (instead of "Calendar" Day) if the time is after XXXX
    (See attachment)

It will give all Friday USPS orders the correct ship date to be Monday, instead of Saturday, when USPS is closed.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Attach Doc to ShipStation Order

I use ShipStation to connect my 3PL to Shopify for order fulfillment. I drop ship orders for several marketplaces (Faire, RangeMe, Maisonette) that I sell through which require that I attach custom invoices. I'm looking for a simple "attach PDF" functionality that could live, for example, in the order notes section. It would look a lot like the link at the bottom of this word box that says "attach a file". It would allow me to associate packing slips with orders for my 3PL. The workaround for this is so brutal that I may have to leave shipstation.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. List All Shipments in manifest, not just master

We use our shipping manifest to help accounting audit our FedEx bill every month. They'll match up our tracking numbers to our invoice to make sure FedEx isn't charging extra on the invoice.

We're having trouble with multi box shipments though. Currently only the master tracking number is listed, which leaves accounting scrambling every month to find the other tracking numbers.

If nothing else, giving us the ability to select "Master Only" or "All Tracking Numbers" would help.

Thanks for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. batch labels

Please add the leading batch label back when printing

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When generating return labels, we can only download them as PDF. We would like an option to also download a PNG.

When generating return labels, we can only download a PDF. We would like an option to also download a PNG.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base