Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Calculate rates for multiple orders (that are selected) and automatically select the cheapest Service or each order selected

Hello,

We have found that one of the largest time sinks and easily the most tedious job in our shipping process is selecting the cheapest Service (e.g. Fedex , UPS, USPS) for multiple orders.

** CURRENT WORKFLOW **
    For example, say we have 1000 Amazon Prime Orders. Currently we need to click the "Calc" button on each individual order, then in the "Rate Calculator" dialog box, in the 'Amazon Fulfillment' tab, I click on the cheapest service available for a given order.

** ISSUE **
    This causes US to calculate the cheapest rate available for 1000 orders - individually -…

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Show all rates when using the CALC button

when the user presses the CALC button to get rates for all carriers, it would be great to be able to see all the rates, for all carriers on one screen - sorted lowest to highest. thus eliminating the need to look at each carrier and make a decision

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Internal Customer Notes that can be applied to future orders from the customer.

If we have a text note on a customer record, when it contains something, on the orders grid, a flag could appear next to the customer's name, indicating that there is a note on the customer order.

This would be handy for situations where certain customers have specific requests going forward. I have customers who request items be packaged in a specific way or they need some extras put into their order when they buy from us. Other customers require special notes on the packaging. Then there are customers that I owe some items to, and I promise them the…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Splitting Order Automation

Hi- We often times have back orders but can ship partial shipments. Would love the ability for Shipstation to automatically split orders for us based on rules.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback!
    We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!
    In the meantime, could you let us know what criteria you would base these rules on?
    Any other workflow information for how you’re currently working around this, and how you would like to do this in the future would be helpful.

5. Order Ship Date

We ship every Saturday but we cannot change the date when the order needs to be shipped. EG, if my WH team ships an order (any order) they are required to enter a ship date for each order. Normally they click the orange “Activate Quickship” button on each order. On Saturday’s because the package is not shipping until Monday, they have to click “Create Label” instead and change the date to two days later and this has to be done for every shipment.

Attached you will see “Shipping Cutoff” which only allows for Next Day. We need it for 2…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow ShipStation to update altered orders from Shopify... not just orders that have been canceled.

I use Shopify to gather my website orders. From there they are imported into various stores set up in ShipStation.

Why can't ShipStation update an order that has been altered in Shopify? For example, lets say an order is imported into ShipStation from Shopify. I realize that the order is missing an item which I then have to refund back to the customer. I do the refund in Shopify, but when I re-import orders from Shopify back into ShipStation, the order still shows the full list of items in the "Order Items" list... the refunded item(s) are still present. It…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add "Does NOT Equal" as option for "Package" type in the automation rule criteria.

Currently we can set automation rule criteria to include:
    If "Package" field "Equals..." _________

but it would be very helpful to alternatively be able to say:
    If "Package" field "Does Not Equal..." __________

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Automation Rules Based on Time of Day

We are going to have to use a fairly manual process to get around this right now. So it would be super helpful as a feature.

We have several different carriers with different cut-off times. Being able to set a batch of automation rules to run at specific times of day would enable us to automatically reallocate orders to the appropriate services after those cutoffs have passed.

Example:
    UPS picks up at 6pm, once they've picked up, we need to change all remaining orders for the day to USPS (who picks up at 8pm) using a few pieces of logic…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make a customer marked as inactive or add a flag that says DNU so they won't be shipped to on accident

Make a customer marked as inactive or add a flag that says DNU so they won't be shipped to on accident

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. adding a bar code on a pick list

when printing your pick list it offers you your SKU but would be great if its in a bar code method so it can be scanned

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Order Total Counter with LED Display Sign

How cool would it be if we were able to display the total orders pending on shipstation with an LED wall display. It would show how many orders are pending and when items ship out then it would automatically update on the LED counter.

I believe this would be great for a team environment and increase workflow if all employees could see how many total orders are pending at any given moment by glancing at the wall display. It would also allow the manager to set goals for the team to achieve and get down to a certain amount of…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Display Number of Orders Selected

First off, you guys rock! I love Ship Station & hope to be part of making it even better.

I often group by Item Name so that I can batch print labels, add tags, put orders on hold or a number of other functions. Once I've selected the group of orders I want to work with, it would be helpful to know how many I've selected. Right now, the only way to do this is to nav to the "Apply Bulk Action" function. There, the number of items selected is displayed. I then cancel that function and return to my…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Mapping to "Ship By" date field when importing orders using an .csv file.

Allow Mapping to "Ship By" date field when importing orders using an .csv file.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Remember multi product packaging

SS should remind you how you previously packaged a multi-product order. Whether it's a multiple of the same product or combination of products. What box or set of boxes did we use to complete this exact order of products before? Presets are nice to use for popular combinations but on an every day basis it's not intended for those rare orders. I'll bet many users would love to be reminded how they previously packaged the same multi-item order. WHAT A GREAT IDEA!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Adding a shipstation background color option!

Like how you can do a dark/night mode on google chrome to reduce eye strain!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have a website on Godaddy and would like to import items for shipping from debbys5dollarjewelry.com

I have a website on Godaddy and would like to import items for shipping from debbys5dollarjewelry.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ref1 & Ref2 field on UPS labels

Please add the ability to change the Ref1 and Ref2 field on UPS labels on an order by order basis. Some wholesale customers of ours require this when shipping on their UPS account. Right now we have to switch back to UPS Worldship to accommodate otherwise we’re charged back for the freight.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. fulfillment by amazon for international orders

Multi-channel fulfillment by amazon is great, but you have to use exactly the same SKU that you are using for your FBA inventory if you want your international shopify order to forward to amazon.co.uk or amazon.ca (or wherever) for fulfillment. This is not realistic as I have an original SKU used in my shopify and seller fulfilled amazon.com account, a separate SKU for US FBA, and separate SKUs for FBA in other countries (which is exactly what amazon tells you to do). As a result, there is no way for an order placed on my shopify and heading to the…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Xero

Many retailers in the UK use XERO for invoicing, accounting and tracking their inventory. We think XERO and Shipstation could be synchronised.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Shopify order tags

We would like to have the ability to bring in order tags from shopify. We tag orders with various things and need to have those tags available to us.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base