Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show all rates when using the CALC button

when the user presses the CALC button to get rates for all carriers, it would be great to be able to see all the rates, for all carriers on one screen - sorted lowest to highest. thus eliminating the need to look at each carrier and make a decision

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Calculate rates for multiple orders (that are selected) and automatically select the cheapest Service or each order selected

Hello,

We have found that one of the largest time sinks and easily the most tedious job in our shipping process is selecting the cheapest Service (e.g. Fedex , UPS, USPS) for multiple orders.

** CURRENT WORKFLOW **
    For example, say we have 1000 Amazon Prime Orders. Currently we need to click the "Calc" button on each individual order, then in the "Rate Calculator" dialog box, in the 'Amazon Fulfillment' tab, I click on the cheapest service available for a given order.

** ISSUE **
    This causes US to calculate the cheapest rate available for 1000 orders - individually -…

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Remember multi product packaging

SS should remind you how you previously packaged a multi-product order. Whether it's a multiple of the same product or combination of products. What box or set of boxes did we use to complete this exact order of products before? Presets are nice to use for popular combinations but on an every day basis it's not intended for those rare orders. I'll bet many users would love to be reminded how they previously packaged the same multi-item order. WHAT A GREAT IDEA!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Xero

Many retailers in the UK use XERO for invoicing, accounting and tracking their inventory. We think XERO and Shipstation could be synchronised.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Internal Customer Notes that can be applied to future orders from the customer.

If we have a text note on a customer record, when it contains something, on the orders grid, a flag could appear next to the customer's name, indicating that there is a note on the customer order.

This would be handy for situations where certain customers have specific requests going forward. I have customers who request items be packaged in a specific way or they need some extras put into their order when they buy from us. Other customers require special notes on the packaging. Then there are customers that I owe some items to, and I promise them the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Order Ship Date

We ship every Saturday but we cannot change the date when the order needs to be shipped. EG, if my WH team ships an order (any order) they are required to enter a ship date for each order. Normally they click the orange “Activate Quickship” button on each order. On Saturday’s because the package is not shipping until Monday, they have to click “Create Label” instead and change the date to two days later and this has to be done for every shipment.

Attached you will see “Shipping Cutoff” which only allows for Next Day. We need it for 2…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add "Does NOT Equal" as option for "Package" type in the automation rule criteria.

Currently we can set automation rule criteria to include:
    If "Package" field "Equals..." _________

but it would be very helpful to alternatively be able to say:
    If "Package" field "Does Not Equal..." __________

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. search by RMA

It would be great to be able to search by RMA. The numbers are there, so it seems odd that there's no way to use them as a search criteria.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Custom Order Status Mapping for 3dCart

Currently you don’t support 3dCart custom order mapping. We want to switch to your platform but this is a show stopper.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Flag orders that have had their address modified by ShipStation

Nearly every online platform we sell on requires us to do at least this one thing, "Ship to the address provided by the customer" It gives us seller protection on eBay, helps our case in chargeback claims, and even A-z claims if they come up.

ShipStation's address verification is a very useful tool however sometimes it completely changes an address, and in the flow of hundreds of orders per day we are unaware of it. This leads to return to sender, dead letter, or even mis-delivered packages and in turn, into loss of profit on sales.

I'd like the chance…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Button for mapping address location

Im going to sound lazy when I say this , but can you add a button next to the address that will link directly to a map software. Google earth would be great. I use this often to be sure that if someone orders and provides a Postal address that they truly do have a mailbox or mail slot. Actually looking at the satellite view helps immensely with making sure the address is correct. I understand I can copy and paste but a little button would be O so cute!
    Thank you !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add funds button color

Would like the "add funds" button to be a different color - red works. We add in blocks of large funds to make it easier for accounting department. They get upset at small adds. Sometimes while flying through orders we don't notice we're also adding funds and not only shipping because the button color is the same.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow 'Or' logic, case statements, and 'in' lists for automation rules

Automation Rules need to be able to use 'Or' logical conditions, case statements, or inclusion lists.
    For example.. to assign a specific carrier/serivce option for ground shipments, we almost exclusively go by weight. And then map the different sales channels' versions of what 'ground' means.

It would save alot of redundant rules to be able to add these logical conditions to this.
    whereby we could then do this in just one rule, instead of many redundant rules.

if weight > = 16 oz and
    (requested service = 'Free Shipping'
    or requested service = 'Std US D2D Dom')
    then {do this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add "Package" as a mappable field for CSV order uploads

Add "Package" as a mappable field for CSV order uploads

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. search shipments

Searching under Shipments should also include Returns results. Currently you need to open Advanced Search and filter for Returns. This is not intuitive and different that the way search works in Products & Orders.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have a confirmation on Dismiss all on alerts.

When you push dismiss all it doesn't ask if you are sure. Doing so would prevent unwanted cleaning of the alerts. I use it to find orders to combine and sometimes I hit dismiss all on accident and it really throws a wrench in the process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. User Restriction Requiring Approval To Void a Shipment or Sending a Duplicate Order

It would be very helpful to add these user restrictions or require approval to do so.

Restrict a user from voiding shipments

Restrict a user from sending a duplicate order

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Import Shipping Carrier Info from Weebly into Shipstation

Currently from Weebly Store orders, we cannot import the Shipping Carrier Info into the Shipstation API for processing.

3rd party fulfillment centers which work with the Shipstation only relies on the information they see on Shipstation. They have no way to understand what shipping carrier has been selected by customer on webstore.

Can this feature be added in to source Shipping Carrier in the order info ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Link to order details

Ability to link directly to order details page.
    Hyperlink that goes right to the order details for one of your orders instead of having to search for it.
    something like https://ss6.shipstation.com/#/orders?ordernum=32421334
    People have tried to get this done already.
    http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/126593-idea-archive/suggestions/17386843-url-to-go-directly-to-details

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add "Item Description" field to automation criteria

Would be nice to set up an automation rule based on a text string found in the item's description field.

Currently that filed is not in the available criteria dropdown.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base