Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. There should be a way to manually change shipments from IN TRANSIT to DELIVERED.

There should be a way to manually change shipments from IN TRANSIT to DELIVERED. I have packages that have been delivered (confirmed by the recipients) but USPS has "lost" track of them so they are permanently and incorrectly listed as IN TRANSIT.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Ship to Address Hyperlink to Order History

I would like a feature to open an order, click the ship to address, and be directed to all order history to that address. We often need to audit for duplicate, or fraudulent shipments to the same address. Currently we have to open another window and Search Orders for the Ship to Address to see shipping history. Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Kilogrammes

Can we have Kilogrammes (Kg) added in a shipping weight type

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Customizeable Labels/Barcodes for Order Items

If Shipstation would allow me to add a label to each item in an order and allow me to customize that label I could manage most of my production using just Shipstation.

For example if I sell a wallet and a shirt in an order, the wallet and shirt would each have a label that I could print out and stick to the item during production.

The label could include: Total number of items in the order (Item 1/1, Item 1/3, etc), buyer name, sku number, order number etc etc.

This would allow me to use shipstation as production software…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Calculate rates for multiple orders (that are selected) and automatically select the cheapest Service or each order selected

Hello,

We have found that one of the largest time sinks and easily the most tedious job in our shipping process is selecting the cheapest Service (e.g. Fedex , UPS, USPS) for multiple orders.

** CURRENT WORKFLOW **
    For example, say we have 1000 Amazon Prime Orders. Currently we need to click the "Calc" button on each individual order, then in the "Rate Calculator" dialog box, in the 'Amazon Fulfillment' tab, I click on the cheapest service available for a given order.

** ISSUE **
    This causes US to calculate the cheapest rate available for 1000 orders - individually -…

86 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Be able to select DO NOT NOTIFY MARKETPLACE for store

We have one retail store but ship over 500 orders a month via Shipstation, at the moment we are able to select do not notify the marketplace for an individual order but not for the whole store. We would like this as an option in the setting tab.

By not having this option we are not able to effectively use the shipstation feature of being able to create labels in bulk seeing as we need to make sure that the marketplace is not notified for every order.

Our E-comm business is increasing as is our use of shipstation so this…

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add a line for Title

There needs to be an optional line for title. Right now it either goes after the address - not correct, or has to be in the name list, which means it gets cut short.
    :
    Nancy Jones
    CEO
    Company of Note
    123 Main
    Anywhere IL 60062

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Move the SIDE BAR to the bottom. I need more vertical space.

I need more vertical space, to look at the order and easier to scroll up and down for the orders.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. API additions

The ability to create/edit batches via API and also the ability to split orders via API would be pretty useful. Not having these features currently causes significant delays in our business operations, and we'd love for ShipStation to be the solution to that.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Multiple Boxes - Aggregate Shipments -

Multiple Packages going to the same address currently require an individual entry for each box. When working directly with FedEx or UPS you can do an aggregated shipment, where the weight of all the boxes is combined into 1 entry it's a huge time saver. I have a shipment today 35 boxes, 452lbs. this is 35 entries in your system, with FedEx it's just one entry and 35 labels print. It would be great to be able to use ShipStation for these types of shipments instead of going directly to FedEx.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. FedEx Home Vs FedEx Ground

Often the shipper does not know if the package is going to a business or a persons home. This effects the rate for FedEX. In stamps.com software you just always said the cheaper FedEx ground. And if it happened to be a home address the software would alert you and say this is a home address please switch to FedEx home delivery. This is a super handy feature and I'd like to see it in Ship station.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Internal Customer Notes that can be applied to future orders from the customer.

If we have a text note on a customer record, when it contains something, on the orders grid, a flag could appear next to the customer's name, indicating that there is a note on the customer order.

This would be handy for situations where certain customers have specific requests going forward. I have customers who request items be packaged in a specific way or they need some extras put into their order when they buy from us. Other customers require special notes on the packaging. Then there are customers that I owe some items to, and I promise them the…

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Show all rates when using the CALC button

when the user presses the CALC button to get rates for all carriers, it would be great to be able to see all the rates, for all carriers on one screen - sorted lowest to highest. thus eliminating the need to look at each carrier and make a decision

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. "Order Number" and "Order Date" should be editable

Order Number and Order Date should be allowed to be editable. There are times when auto-generated number is not desired, or simply a typo was made, and I only realized it after the order has been created. I synchronize ShipStation with QuickBooks, so I'd like correct mistakes before syncing.

I wish ShipStation could rely on other means of having unique index number for each order and not rely on Order#/Ship Date so they can become editable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Back Order Status

The ability to recognize incoming sync’d orders as having back ordered products and place these orders under “Awaiting Back Order” or “Awaiting Product”. Not for ShipStation to monitor the inventory against the orders necessarily but to recognize a status or tag from the attached market place. In our case TradeGecko.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Line Item Export weight item with pounds

Line Item Export Value, trying to export item weight, however, it only allow to convert to oz , my product is 55lbs , which comes up to 880oz. We need to import lbs data to our shipping carrier system. This is very inconvenience which we have to convert back to pounds every time. Please add a field that able to export as pounds not just oz.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Automatically split items into shipments based on rules

Hi- We often times have back orders but can ship partial shipments. Would love the ability for Shipstation to automatically split orders for us based on rules.

100 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback!
    We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!
    In the meantime, could you let us know what criteria you would base these rules on?
    Any other workflow information for how you’re currently working around this, and how you would like to do this in the future would be helpful.

18. Order Ship Date

We ship every Saturday but we cannot change the date when the order needs to be shipped. EG, if my WH team ships an order (any order) they are required to enter a ship date for each order. Normally they click the orange “Activate Quickship” button on each order. On Saturday’s because the package is not shipping until Monday, they have to click “Create Label” instead and change the date to two days later and this has to be done for every shipment.

Attached you will see “Shipping Cutoff” which only allows for Next Day. We need it for 2…

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Uncombine Orders

It would be nice if you could uncombine orders. Sometimes you combine orders shipping to the same customer and then they call and want to cancel one order. Now you have no way to uncombine them and are left with having to cancel the whole order (so both orders) and having the customer have to go through reordering the product. We may lose the business if they take it elsewhere.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. (Shopify & Shipstation) Allow Mapping of (Shopify) Order Tags to (Shipstation) Custom Fields

(Shopify & Shipstation) Allow Mapping of (Shopify) Order Tags to (Shipstation) Custom Fields - Seasoned Shopify Admins know the importance of tags in Shopify's internal systems, so Order Tags would be quite useful. I would image that is how Customer Tags came to be a field that can be mapped to Shipstation custom fields.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base