Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please increase the total amount of stores visible in insights

Please increase the total amount of stores visible in insights

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Breakout Between Sales on Marketplaces rather than Stores

I have a few different stores that I use for ShipStation and I sell on AMZ, Walmart, and eBay. When an order comes in, I can tell which store it relates to based on the order number, but I do not have a report to break out where my items sold for a set number of days. For example, I export sales from the Item Demand Summary and it tells me total sales across all 3 marketplaces. This is great for many things, but what I can't tell is where those X number of units sold. If I had 100…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring Back Hotkey & Barcode Scan Actions in v3 Layout

Please bring back the Hotkey & Barcode Scan Actions in v3. I am attempting to set up scan to verify & print (which v3 is required for) and I'd like to print out scannable barcodes so my staff does not have to use the keyboard while they ship.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Alaska and Hawaii to Operations Insights

We have the Lower 48, but nothing else, I would like to see all 50 states.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Send information about cancelled orders with tags to Shopify

Our warehouse cancels orders in ShipStation whenever there is no stock available. It would be nice to bring to Shopify a tag/note linked to the cancelled order. E.g an order was cancelled in ShipStation and was tagged with 'out of stock'. In Shopify we would have a tag ss.cancelled.outofstock (or a note).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Non-Integrated Carriers for Reporting

We use Shipstation to provide various reports on our usage with our carriers. Unfortunately we are limited to include only the carriers that have been integrated with Shipstation.

There are a few smaller carriers that we would like the ability to attach to orders for the purpose of reporting and future information related to those orders. It would be helpful if we had the ability to manually enter the shipping cost and tracking number into the order for future reference.

We don't need the ability to actually purchase or print the shipping label through Shipstation for these carriers...we can do…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Import Fulfilled by Walmart Orders into Shipstation same as you do for Amazon FBA

We need an option to be able to import fulfilled by Walmart orders into the shipped section of ship station and thus allowing these sales figures to be included in the sales reports for walmart.
    There is the option with amazon to import FBA orders but there is no option on Ship Station to do this for walmart yet.
    It is something that definitely needs to be looked at ASAP!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. AUTOMATION RULE REPORTS

We are looking to clean up our Automation Rules on our Account, as they are quite extensive and it would be helpful to have an Audit Report that you could run and share with us so we are able to see how often each Automation Rule is used and the last time they were used.
    This way we can determine which ones we can Remove and which to Keep.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Packing Materials Inventory Management

It would be really great if we could input how many boxes we have and ship station could help us have visibility of our use, subtracting boxes as we fulfill shipments.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. stitchdata connection to shipstation

I want to be able to pull data into stitchdata.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Need a report that shows total shipping cost per day over time

I was searching for a report that would show how much we spend on shipping each day over a period of time (ideally a custom period of time). So far I can only see total shipping cost for 1 day at a time, with each transaction for that day. I can expand that to see each transaction for each day over a period of time (last 7 days, etc) BUT I would love to see total cost per day over time on a graph so I can easily identify trends in costs, etc over time. Looks like what I'll have…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. automatic clearing of cache

Can you set the system to automatically clear the cache on your system from an account so that the data that is being pulled is new instead of having to get on the chat and ask them to clear it for us at customer support. Like maybe every night it clears the cache on the backend of your system for the accounts? Might help in issues with the refresh button we are experiencing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. run report to tell me when a product was delivered

Adding a report column let us know when a package was delivered so I can see how often a package is delivered on time based on delivery service and location.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. product sales report by order number

I use the product sales report each month but I'd like to have the option to limit by order number rather than just date.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Time Filters

Being able to filter reports not only from a specific date range but also time range. (ex: filter for orders on 3/29/2021 after 12pm). Adding a specific time filter can help with live inventory reports.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I need Shipstation reports to reflect FedEx shipping zones, not USPS...

My shipping cost report reflects USPS shipping zones. I only use FedEx Stand Overnight and FedEx Priority Overnight (I ship perishables). USPS shipping zones don't give me an accurate geographical picture of our shipping costs. Is this being worked on?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Shipping costs based on order date, NOT shipped date

Currently, we can only view the Shipping Cost report based on Date Shipped. This is not very helpful for me, and what would be more helpful is to track the shipping cost based on ORDER DATE (which is data that is already available on ShipStation).

I need to view my data based on ORDER DATE. This is how I track profitability, based on my marketplace revenue, by ORDER DATE, my ad spend is based on ORDER DATE, and I need to see shipping costs associated with ORDER DATE.

We close our warehouse on the weekends, so nothing ever ships Saturday…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Error notifications should be emailed, not just shown in the account

I have an integration problem where one of my selling channels drops out . I don't receive any email to notify me that there is a problem.

BUT This should be for all account errors that go into the notification area in shipstation, you should also be emailing these notifications to ensure that someone is aware of the problem. It is not the warehouse staff's job to notice these and I have no need to login to shipstation as the account owner unless there is a problem. I don't know about the problem unless I log in.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. godaddy

I use GoDaddy for bookkeeping and expenses. Currently, I am easily able to connect my Etsy shop for easy expense integration. I noticed ShipStation is set up to do the same with Intuit Quickbooks, but not GoDaddy Bookkeeping. It would make my life so much easier if that was available. Thank you

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. walmart wfs orders

Please add Walmart WFS orders to insights and reporting like FBA orders. Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base