Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More Shipment Columns

I would like to have the option of having more columns on the shipments page so that I can customize what I see according to our companies needs. we use some of the custom fields as well as other important fields to mark our orders and it would be a lot easier if we would be able to see those fields on the main shipment page.

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  25 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Select Cheapest Service

i would like shipstation to be able to choose the cheapest shipping method for each order that comes in. currently, i use UPS & USPS and i have to manually select between the 2 services to see which one is cheaper. this process is very time consuming and needs to be done on an order by order basis. i would like shipstation to automatically upload the cheapest shipping method so i can print all the labels at once.

434 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are currently working on a feature that displays the best way to ship (either based on best price or fasted delivery time). The goal is to show the best way to ship across all of your connected carriers.

The next phase of this feature will include automation options. We’ll update this post when the development work has begun.

3. SMS Capability

If we could text the phone number provided in the order their shipping information so they can continue to track their own package.

164 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More robust filtering options

In the Orders view, there are Columns options that don't appear as Filters options, and it would be helpful to have them available. One filtering option in particular that would be useful for me would be filtering orders by Ship Date. I'm sure there are a few other fields missing from the filters section that people would find helpful too.

Currently, I can get the information I need if I export the orders in excel and then sort by ship date and remove all of the excess info, but it'd be more efficient if I could isolate the data I…

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Picked Up, Hand Delivered as Mark as Shipped carrier options

When I hand deliver or the customer picks up and I manually mark it as shipped, it requires me to select a carrier, so can you make a carrier in the drop-down that is "picked up" and does not request a tracking number to be put in and maybe make another carrier that is "hand-delivered" or "self-delivered" and also does not require a tracking number?

422 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    109 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback and supporting comments!

We’ve sent this feedback to our product team to consider in our 2021 roadmap.

We encourage you to continue to vote and comment on this request to let us know any details around this feature that may help you solve your specific business challenges.

6. Automate EORI Numbers

It is a legal requirement that EORI numbers are used on shipping goods from the UK to EU and Rest of the World. This field has been implemented granted, but still requires manual intervention to apply the EORI to each order, not an easy task when shipping 1000's of parcels a week off shore. Can this not be automated by rule, that when shipping to EU, the EU EORI number is selected, and when shipping outside of the EU (Rest of World) the UK EORI is used?

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  31 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show tags on Scan to Print/Verify to Print Screen

Some of the tags that we use are for flagging certain orders to apply a hot key or special shipment configuration at the scan to print screen. We pick and pack multiple orders at once and then scan their packing slips at a later stage to print the shipping label. It would be beneficial to show the "tag" on this screen so we know which shipping configuration to add. We can't add shipping configurations prior in bulk because we do not yet have the weight of the fully packed order or type of package that will be used.

I hope…

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Integration with Shopify Fulfillment Holds so I can use OneClickUpsell OCU

Adapt Shipstation implementation for Shopify in order to make sure its compatible with Post Purchase 1 Click Upsells and the OneClickUpsell OCU app for Shopify.

The latest Shopify Fulfillment API allows for fulfillment holds so post-purchase offers products can be smoothly added to orders: https://shopify.dev/changelog/post-purchase-fulfillment-holds
    Currently, Shipstation orders are showing with 0 quantity when auto-fulfilled until the upsell funnel is complete (1 hour) or TY Page is reached.

Having this feature would allow Shopify store owners to use the apps together and increase Average Order Value seamlessly. Provide merchants with a significant increase if profitability that is lost without post-purchase…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Identify returning customer to reward them

Just have a suggestion ..

Have it change color or some way to identify if it is a return customer. 2nd purchase -- a color. 3rd or 4th .. another. That way we can easily identify and give a gift in the package.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Order Delivery Notification Feed through Klaviyo API

I would like to see the Ship Station Integration with Klaviyo be upgraded to include "Order Delivered" tracking.

As of now, the delivery information is not fed through to Klaviyo and it hinders our ability to set up email communications correctly.

Because of the ever-changing status of the pandemic, shipping and lead times are not consistent. This means that triggering flows and emails off of the existing "Order Shipped" event is not enough. Having "Order Delivered" would enable us to trigger these emails off of when the customer receives the package, avoiding confusion for them, and making our communication more…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sendle (USA)

Would love to be able to integrate Sendle (USA) as a carrier. It's available in Australia so hopefully this wouldn't be too difficult since you already have the option available in the Australia market. Really don't want to use another platform but the shipping options/pricing are great!

217 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Include Dimensions and Insurance to the Shipping Costs

Our In-Cart Delivery options for our store is only grabbing live rates for the weight and displaying it to the customer. We need the rate to calculate with the dimension of the product as well.

Customer would only pay, for example $25 for shipping according to the weight of the product, but when the label is created with the dimension of the box included, the label ends up being $35 and we lose $10 for one order. It also doesn't apply if the order is insured as carriers would only cover up to $100, any order over $100 would need…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please increase the total amount of stores visible in insights

Please increase the total amount of stores visible in insights

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adding Photos Of Customer Orders To Notifications

Having the ability to add photos to customer orders will help in multiple ways including:

• Loss mitigation (customers saying they never received part of their order)
    • Customer trust (customer can clearly see that your business is reputable and sending what they ordered)
    • Warehouse management (are warehouse members packing orders correctly, using the correct supplies etc)

Ideally would need to be a simple ability to add photos to keep speed and efficiency up, but this would really make ShipStation a standout

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to remove the "Verify" manual button from the scan screen by user

We have multiple users on SS and some users use the Verify All button when a barcode does not scan which can then lead to the user putting the wrong item in the box just because it "looks right"

We would like the ability to disable the Verify All button for certain users or for a pin prompt for a manager to check and confirm with an audit trail of who verified it.

It would be even better if when the wrong item is scanned the inventory page for that SKU pops up for the user so it can be…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Wholesale Platforms (Faire/HelloAbound, etc)

With the advent of so many wholesale portals vs trade shows, we manage shipping for 4 different portals. When will shipstation start to offer some solutions for wholesale platform integrations? Right now it seems like everything is focused on retail.

130 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. USMCA Certificate of Origin

With USMCA replacing NAFTA, I would love to be able to print a certificate of origin while printing shipping labels. We do a lot of business with Canada and this would help us save our customers money and thus do more business.

160 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    40 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Zapier Triggers and Actions

Hey Team - Is there any eta on getting more functionality out of the Zapier integration?

The biggest area I feel is missing right now is just actions. If we could find and update: orders, customers and products through zapier actions I think there would be workarounds for a lot of the other requests that have been mentioned by other users. Is this in the pipeline or not something that you're working towards?

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add your own carriers to mark as shipped list

We use a variety of shipping and freight options that are not available as carriers in shipstation. When we choose a shipping company outside of shipstation we will come back and manually mark the order as shipped. But when we go to select the carrier we are using, they are not available so we have to select "Other".

We should be able to create CARRIERS so we don't have to select "other" for every outside shipping company. Adding new carriers would make it easier to keep track of which carrier was used instead of relying on a tracking number and…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. View Tax Identifiers Assigned to Shipped Orders

Hi there,

I need to apply my IOSS (EU) tax identifier to all shipments going to the EU. I have followed the directions on how to set this up in the new UI and I also have automations successfully in place so that all imported (or manually created) orders from EU countries are automatically assigned the IOSS Tax ID. I can successfully see that the Tax IDs are applied in orders that are Awaiting Shipment:

So far, so good!

My concern however is that once an order is processed, there's no way of seeing whether or not the Tax Identifier…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 49 50

Feedback and Knowledge Base