Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

The ShipStation Feedback Forum collects your ideas and allows you to vote and comment on other ideas so our product team can understand what new features are most important to you or what business challenges we need to address next.

Everyone has 20 votes to spend on ideas that are important to them (but you can comment as much as you like). 

While all ideas will get reviewed, it's simply not possible for all ideas to make it onto the product roadmap. The more activity an idea has, however, the more likely it is to be considered. So, be sure to check if your idea has already been posted so you can add your votes and comments to it! 

Suggestions for Writing a Great Idea Post

• Write a title to succinctly summarize your post. Other users should be able to identify if their idea is similar to yours just by reading the title so they will know to vote and comment on it!
  • Explain the problem you are trying to solve and what you think should be added or changed in ShipStation to solve this problem. 
  • Describe how you would use this feature or how you think it should function to serve your need.
  • Attach a screenshot to help illustrate your point. 
  • Put the idea in the category that best fits what you are trying to accomplish (for example: Order Management, Insights & Reporting, or Printing & Documents).

What to Expect With an Idea 

Our moderators will regularly review posts to ensure:
    • They are categorized in a logical way. If not, they may move them to the proper category. 
    • The title accurately reflects the idea content so others can understand. If not, they may edit the post title to help others identify posts they want to vote and comment on.
    • That posts are really ideas and not bug reports or issues that require contacting our support team. 
    • That any request that has an existing solution or can be accomplished with existing features gets a response to let everyone know a solution or feature already exists and how to learn about it.
Our moderators will also update the statuses of posts as they are considered by our product team. If an idea makes it onto the roadmap, we'll update the idea status from Planned to Started to Completed as work progresses on the idea. If an idea is declined or archived, our moderator will update the status to indicate so and you will receive your votes back to use on other ideas in the future. 

Finally, if more information is needed on an idea, the moderator will post a reply to ask for them. If it is your idea or you have commented on the idea, you should receive an email notification when this occurs.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Select Cheapest Service

i would like shipstation to be able to choose the cheapest shipping method for each order that comes in. currently, i use UPS & USPS and i have to manually select between the 2 services to see which one is cheaper. this process is very time consuming and needs to be done on an order by order basis. i would like shipstation to automatically upload the cheapest shipping method so i can print all the labels at once.

380 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

We are currently working on a feature that displays the best way to ship (either based on best price or fasted delivery time). The goal is to show the best way to ship across all of your connected carriers.

The next phase of this feature will include automation options. We’ll update this post when the development work has begun.

2. SMS Capability

If we could text the phone number provided in the order their shipping information so they can continue to track their own package.

150 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    46 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Picked Up, Hand Delivered as Mark as Shipped carrier options

When I hand deliver or the customer picks up and I manually mark it as shipped, it requires me to select a carrier, so can you make a carrier in the drop-down that is "picked up" and does not request a tracking number to be put in and maybe make another carrier that is "hand-delivered" or "self-delivered" and also does not require a tracking number?

384 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    105 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback and supporting comments!

We’ve sent this feedback to our product team to consider in our 2021 roadmap.

We encourage you to continue to vote and comment on this request to let us know any details around this feature that may help you solve your specific business challenges.

4. Automate EORI Numbers

It is a legal requirement that EORI numbers are used on shipping goods from the UK to EU and Rest of the World. This field has been implemented granted, but still requires manual intervention to apply the EORI to each order, not an easy task when shipping 1000's of parcels a week off shore. Can this not be automated by rule, that when shipping to EU, the EU EORI number is selected, and when shipping outside of the EU (Rest of World) the UK EORI is used?

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  26 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sendle (USA)

Would love to be able to integrate Sendle (USA) as a carrier. It's available in Australia so hopefully this wouldn't be too difficult since you already have the option available in the Australia market. Really don't want to use another platform but the shipping options/pricing are great!

204 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. USMCA Certificate of Origin

With USMCA replacing NAFTA, I would love to be able to print a certificate of origin while printing shipping labels. We do a lot of business with Canada and this would help us save our customers money and thus do more business.

159 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    40 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Zapier Triggers and Actions

Hey Team - Is there any eta on getting more functionality out of the Zapier integration?

The biggest area I feel is missing right now is just actions. If we could find and update: orders, customers and products through zapier actions I think there would be workarounds for a lot of the other requests that have been mentioned by other users. Is this in the pipeline or not something that you're working towards?

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Send ShipStation rates to woocommerce at checkout

I recently added UPS as a shipping option. The international rates are good, they seem to be discounted from what I would normally get.

I added a UPS plugin to my woocommerce webshop, so customers would have the option to choose UPS with their orders. But when I set it up I used my personal UPS account login info and access key, so it's pulling rates from my account which is way more expensive.

Would it be possible to enter a shipstation acct number and access key so it pulls the more accurate cheaper shipstation costs? Currently there's no way…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  7 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Analytic report on repeat customers

Who are my repeat customers. What is the percentage of my repeat sales to my total sales. some times we recognize a name or address (Bright red house next to park) but if you are processing a lot of orders for that day, you just do not pay attention because there is no time.

This would help gauge what products customers like/dislike. If we launch a new product, are people buying or not liking the product, if no repeat sales.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We are currently considering ideas for making it easier to access data about your repeat customers.

We’d like more details from our users about how they would like to see this implemented. We’ve had feedback about it within the reporting features, displaying in the orders grid, and using the data for automation triggers. We encourage everyone to continue to vote and comment on this idea with more details about what they’d like to see.

10. Add your own carriers to mark as shipped list

We use a variety of shipping and freight options that are not available as carriers in shipstation. When we choose a shipping company outside of shipstation we will come back and manually mark the order as shipped. But when we go to select the carrier we are using, they are not available so we have to select "Other".

We should be able to create CARRIERS so we don't have to select "other" for every outside shipping company. Adding new carriers would make it easier to keep track of which carrier was used instead of relying on a tracking number and…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. edit order shopify

At this time with Shopify's new order editing feature, shipstation currently only supports adding line items to current orders.

We would like the feature to also support removal of items as well. Otherwise we have to split orders which is not efficient.

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Customer VAT numbers pull through to commercial invoices

It would be great if there is a way to pull through customer VAT numbers onto our UPS commercial invoices created on ShipStation. At the moment VAT numbers are shown on a custom field but are not pulled through to the commercial invoices. This is vital when shipping high value EU shipments, especially now with Brexit.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create Automation Action for Split Shipments

Please create an automation action that automatically splits shipments. Our site has two products that cannot be packaged together. It is absolutely crucial for us to have this automation.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Amazon EU / Germany fulfillment

Now with BREXIT, there's no way to use Shipsation to connect to Amazon Germany to ship orders. It used to go through Amazon UK. Please add Amazon Germany ASAP!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. ** URGENT ** DW1 Royal Mail service - integration required by 31st March

This is an enforced service change from Royal Mail. All customers using the PS9 service must use the DW1 service as from 1st April. Please integrate the DW1 (INTL Standard Sort 2) service ASAP. Thanks

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. ups worldwide economy

All of my global shipping is via UPS WorldWide Economy. Please support this class of service!!!

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. More detailed shipping status - currently only "shipped" or "delivered"

We use UPS and need to know when a delivery is attempted & missed so this can trigger a notification in Shopify to alert our customer. At the moment Shipstation does not offer this shipping status. Alternatively, have Shipstation send UPS a customers email when creating a label so UPS can notify them directly.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. More robust filtering options

In the Orders view, there are Columns options that don't appear as Filters options, and it would be helpful to have them available. One filtering option in particular that would be useful for me would be filtering orders by Ship Date. I'm sure there are a few other fields missing from the filters section that people would find helpful too.

Currently, I can get the information I need if I export the orders in excel and then sort by ship date and remove all of the excess info, but it'd be more efficient if I could isolate the data I…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Customer Communication relocation option

Would like to be able to move it to either location if it's a matter of preference. I like where it was for legacy but I don't like the overall feel of legacy.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Quickbooks online integration Canada

I would like to see quickbooks online integration with shipstation in CANADA. If it is available in the US why not CANADA. This would drastically reduce time waisted manually creating orders/invoices/sales receipts in quickbooks. I hope to see this soon as i may have to look elsewhere for a program that allows it

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 158 159
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base