Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Google Express / Google Shopping Actions Integration

It would be nice to have Google Express / Shopping Actions integrated into Shipstation. I would like to see this happen anytime before the end of the year.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Edit and Delete Customers

We need to be able to edit or delete customers from the database without having to upload a csv file. Below are a couple examples for when this would be helpful. I'm sure others here will agree that some simple database management would be greatly appreciated.

I recently had to correct a type-o in a customer record and the process is just unreasonable. Download an example .csv file, add ALL the customer information (not just what needs changing) upload the file, and finally make sure that the original profile was correctly overwritten. It should be as simple as hitting an…

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show all rates when using the CALC button

when the user presses the CALC button to get rates for all carriers, it would be great to be able to see all the rates, for all carriers on one screen - sorted lowest to highest. thus eliminating the need to look at each carrier and make a decision

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Calculate rates for multiple orders (that are selected) and automatically select the cheapest Service or each order selected

Hello,

We have found that one of the largest time sinks and easily the most tedious job in our shipping process is selecting the cheapest Service (e.g. Fedex , UPS, USPS) for multiple orders.

** CURRENT WORKFLOW **
    For example, say we have 1000 Amazon Prime Orders. Currently we need to click the "Calc" button on each individual order, then in the "Rate Calculator" dialog box, in the 'Amazon Fulfillment' tab, I click on the cheapest service available for a given order.

** ISSUE **
    This causes US to calculate the cheapest rate available for 1000 orders - individually -…

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Internal Customer Notes that can be applied to future orders from the customer.

If we have a text note on a customer record, when it contains something, on the orders grid, a flag could appear next to the customer's name, indicating that there is a note on the customer order.

This would be handy for situations where certain customers have specific requests going forward. I have customers who request items be packaged in a specific way or they need some extras put into their order when they buy from us. Other customers require special notes on the packaging. Then there are customers that I owe some items to, and I promise them the…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. DPD local

Although DPD and DPD local are part of the same group, DPD Local is the largest direct to consumer and in our experience provide by far the best rates and service compared to other carriers we have used in the past. Intergration with DPD local would by far make ShipStation a far more poplar platform here in the UK.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Being able to customize the name of each Custom Field would be incredibly helpful.

When I import from a CSV, I'd love the opportunity to customize our Custom Fields (1-3) so that it's clear what they're being used for. We currently have to use a shared document with a key. And that's not as simple as just being able to have a column that clearly says what the data means.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add category column to inventory

Could you please add "Category" as a column to select on the Inventory Page (exactly as it shows in Products page)?

We have multiple categories of products and need to search/view inventory by category.

It will be very helpful to find out each product!

Many thanks in advance.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adding Custom Fields to Shipments Line Item Export

Exporting Line Item Data via the Shipments Tab is missing the Custom Fields data option

After clicking Advanced Options, Custom Fields does not pop up and this is a very general need for many people including ourselves.

We need the Custom Fields Data to be on our Shipment Line Item Export for automating our shipping process.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Order Ship Date

We ship every Saturday but we cannot change the date when the order needs to be shipped. EG, if my WH team ships an order (any order) they are required to enter a ship date for each order. Normally they click the orange “Activate Quickship” button on each order. On Saturday’s because the package is not shipping until Monday, they have to click “Create Label” instead and change the date to two days later and this has to be done for every shipment.

Attached you will see “Shipping Cutoff” which only allows for Next Day. We need it for 2…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The 'Mark as Shipped' form needs a few more 'carrier' options

We need two more carrier options in the Mark as Shipped form drop down list:

1) Will-Call Pick-Up (or Customer Pick-Up)
    2) Local Delivery ( or delivered by our company)
    3) Freight or LTL

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sort Shipping Label Printing by Last Name

Make it possible to have shipping labels print in order of LAST NAME alphabetical A-Z? The only option available orders them by the first letter of the first name which is less ideal when organizing orders as first names tend to repeat more.

Would love to have A-Z last name followed by any blank last name/single named customers.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Etsy gift wrap/gift message integration

Etsy is getting ready to integrate gift wrapping and gift messages into their sales platform. I'm hoping there will be an alert for each order containing this information within ShipStation once it goes into effect. Gift messages are going to be made available to all orders at no charge, so every Etsy seller will have to deal with them whether they want to or not, and I am concerned I'll get a gift message request and not know about it.

Ideally, I would also like to see a way to print ONLY gift message packing slips and not every packing…

194 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Splitting Order Automation

Hi- We often times have back orders but can ship partial shipments. Would love the ability for Shipstation to automatically split orders for us based on rules.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback!
    We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!
    In the meantime, could you let us know what criteria you would base these rules on?
    Any other workflow information for how you’re currently working around this, and how you would like to do this in the future would be helpful.

15. Customer overview, Canadian map.

Customer overview for Canadian users shows the USA map only. Maybe have a Canadian map alternative for us Canadians to use. This information is always helpful to see which province is doing best and to work out shipping costs etc.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Taking a picture of out going order

Many times, I send multiple items out in one package and occasionally I get customers that say they didn't receive it . In most cases I concur that I may may missed an item, but others I suspect they are fibbing. Id like to have the ability of snapping a picture of the items I am sending prior to packing. Perhaps, there could be a button on the order screen that snaps a picture / small video clip of the products being shipped. This picture can either be sent to the customer or kept private. If its sent my the…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Automatically retry failed market place updates

sometimes, marketplace notifications (and subsequent tracking emails to customers) fail (red cart icon) due to server unavailability for whatever reason.

Can we get an option to try those every few hours for a set number of days like every 4 or 6 hours for 2 days?

Our marketplace gets out of whack when there is a temporary glitch on a day we are shipping and we don't notice until several days after the customer received the package and the only way to update the marketplace is to retry the failed steps which then gives a shipping email long after the…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sort By Name On New Order/Return Search

When you create a new order / return and search for a product, the default sort is alphabetical by SKU number. This makes it difficult to search for products as Product Name is more important. Is there anyway to introduce the ability to search by Product Name? Or, remove SKU from the New Order / Return list?

Thank you!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. etsy ship by date

Etsy Ship By date should import into ShipStation.

Many Etsy users sell home made products that need specific ship by dates as they need to be hand made after the order is placed.

This Ship By date can change dependent on the amount of products a user orders and is ever changing. With it not being static, It would be greatly beneficial to import the Ship By from your Etsy connection.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add "Does NOT Equal" as option for "Package" type in the automation rule criteria.

Currently we can set automation rule criteria to include:
    If "Package" field "Equals..." _________

but it would be very helpful to alternatively be able to say:
    If "Package" field "Does Not Equal..." __________

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 77 78
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base