Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Google Express / Google Shopping Actions Integration

It would be nice to have Google Express / Shopping Actions integrated into Shipstation. I would like to see this happen anytime before the end of the year.

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Allow Customers to Fill In an "Exchange" Section in the Returns Dropdown

Currently when a customer returns their item, they have a dropdown to select the reason for the return. "Exchange" is an option. However, there is no other product exchange info the customer can fill out. It would be great if they could select the new product, color, SKU #, and size they prefer in exchange. Maybe an "additional details" section as well. Then we can go full automated and do not have to include a paper form inside the original package asking the customer what they want in exchange for their return. It would make the whole returns process much…

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Calculate rates for multiple orders (that are selected) and automatically select the cheapest Service or each order selected

Hello,

We have found that one of the largest time sinks and easily the most tedious job in our shipping process is selecting the cheapest Service (e.g. Fedex , UPS, USPS) for multiple orders.

** CURRENT WORKFLOW **
    For example, say we have 1000 Amazon Prime Orders. Currently we need to click the "Calc" button on each individual order, then in the "Rate Calculator" dialog box, in the 'Amazon Fulfillment' tab, I click on the cheapest service available for a given order.

** ISSUE **
    This causes US to calculate the cheapest rate available for 1000 orders - individually -…

75 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. DPD Local

DPD Local integreation would be fantastic! Most B2C businesses in the UK use DPD Local as opposed to DPD.

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Edit and Delete Customers

We need to be able to edit or delete customers from the database without having to upload a csv file. Below are a couple examples for when this would be helpful. I'm sure others here will agree that some simple database management would be greatly appreciated.

I recently had to correct a type-o in a customer record and the process is just unreasonable. Download an example .csv file, add ALL the customer information (not just what needs changing) upload the file, and finally make sure that the original profile was correctly overwritten. It should be as simple as hitting an…

92 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Show all rates when using the CALC button

when the user presses the CALC button to get rates for all carriers, it would be great to be able to see all the rates, for all carriers on one screen - sorted lowest to highest. thus eliminating the need to look at each carrier and make a decision

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. DPD local

Although DPD and DPD local are part of the same group, DPD Local is the largest direct to consumer and in our experience provide by far the best rates and service compared to other carriers we have used in the past. Intergration with DPD local would by far make ShipStation a far more poplar platform here in the UK.

48 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add category column to inventory

Could you please add "Category" as a column to select on the Inventory Page (exactly as it shows in Products page)?

We have multiple categories of products and need to search/view inventory by category.

It will be very helpful to find out each product!

Many thanks in advance.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Internal Customer Notes that can be applied to future orders from the customer.

If we have a text note on a customer record, when it contains something, on the orders grid, a flag could appear next to the customer's name, indicating that there is a note on the customer order.

This would be handy for situations where certain customers have specific requests going forward. I have customers who request items be packaged in a specific way or they need some extras put into their order when they buy from us. Other customers require special notes on the packaging. Then there are customers that I owe some items to, and I promise them the…

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. FedEx International Mail Service Add with No Tracking Number Option

I saw the old closed thread on FedEx International Mail Service. I see there is a lot of interest in having this service work with Shipstation and rightfully so. I hope a full integration is in the works, but I believe a work around can be implemented now.

My suggestion for now is to allow the FIMS orders to ship while uploading a ship notification to the marketplaces WITHOUT the invalid tracking numbers shipstatin is creating now. It would be far better to show the orders as simply shipped without listing any tracking information than as it is now with…

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Be able to select DO NOT NOTIFY MARKETPLACE for store

We have one retail store but ship over 500 orders a month via Shipstation, at the moment we are able to select do not notify the marketplace for an individual order but not for the whole store. We would like this as an option in the setting tab.

By not having this option we are not able to effectively use the shipstation feature of being able to create labels in bulk seeing as we need to make sure that the marketplace is not notified for every order.

Our E-comm business is increasing as is our use of shipstation so this…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Splitting Order Automation

Hi- We often times have back orders but can ship partial shipments. Would love the ability for Shipstation to automatically split orders for us based on rules.

75 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback!
    We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!
    In the meantime, could you let us know what criteria you would base these rules on?
    Any other workflow information for how you’re currently working around this, and how you would like to do this in the future would be helpful.

13. Schedule USPS Pickups from Mobile

Add the ability to schedule USPS pickups from the mobile app.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Order Ship Date

We ship every Saturday but we cannot change the date when the order needs to be shipped. EG, if my WH team ships an order (any order) they are required to enter a ship date for each order. Normally they click the orange “Activate Quickship” button on each order. On Saturday’s because the package is not shipping until Monday, they have to click “Create Label” instead and change the date to two days later and this has to be done for every shipment.

Attached you will see “Shipping Cutoff” which only allows for Next Day. We need it for 2…

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Request to unlink document settings for Labels and Return Labels

I want labels to automatically print, and return labels to automatically save as PDF. Right now if I set labels to automatically print, then when I make a return label it will print that too. I don't need to print return labels as we send them to customers' emails.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Editing/updating "Customer info" or being able to delete a customer

It would be extremely helpful to be able to go into the "customer" tab to update their info. Having to create a new order to change info, then having to delete the order from the orders page, is a little frustrating. Sometimes it saves both addresses, and shipments have gone to the wrong address.

And being able to delete a customer completely would be awesome. We sometimes only ship to a person once, or having a customer being terminated, not being able to just delete the customer. I have to update their info and put DO NOT SHIP TO.

Months…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. DHL eCommerce

Can we please add DHL eCommerce Max Expedited, savings are great and I don't wan to have to use another Shipping platform to utuilze this service.

The intergration is there and I spoke to DHL who said they are willing to add it in.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Automation Rules Based on Time of Day

We are going to have to use a fairly manual process to get around this right now. So it would be super helpful as a feature.

We have several different carriers with different cut-off times. Being able to set a batch of automation rules to run at specific times of day would enable us to automatically reallocate orders to the appropriate services after those cutoffs have passed.

Example:
    UPS picks up at 6pm, once they've picked up, we need to change all remaining orders for the day to USPS (who picks up at 8pm) using a few pieces of logic…

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Compatibility with scales with serial output

Would be nice if Com port scales were supported. Lots of old reliable shipping scales out there with RS232 outputs that can be connected with serial-to-usb adapters.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. UK Carrier - APC Overnight

I see this has been requested before as it is a major carrier in the UK but that thread was closed.

I require APC Overnight integration before I am able to commit to ShipStation

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 79 80
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base