Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ebay Delivery Guarantee

Ebay has introduced a new "Delivery Guarantee" that offers us the ability to guarantee delivery time OR handling time for packages.

If we choose the Guaranteed Handling Time option, Ebay will guarantee the delivery, and if it's late, they'll refund the customer the shipping. The only catch is they are (so far) going to require we use Ebay labels to print postage for packages, which is time consuming versus using ShipStation. Could your API developers please reach out to Ebay and see if we could get ShipStation as a "qualified provider" so we can keep using SS and still be…

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Is there a way to charge the customer for the return label?

Is there a way to charge the customer for the return label so that we are not paying for every return label? This would especially be good if the customer is returning due to their own error or because they just changed their mind instead of us paying for every single return label?

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Delete Products (Not Only Deactivate Products)

I don't know if anybody else has this issue, but we have duplicates in our product list, which was incurred by wrongly associated them with one parent SKU while new orders coming in. So, would like to be able to delete products, not just deactivate them.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Product Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bring back search all history

Please bring back the 'search all time' option/link that displayed at the bottom of the standard 6 months of searching for historic orders.

The advanced search takes much longer to use having to pick date ranges etc - even having an option in that screen to just search for all time would be much quicker.

Thanks!

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Inventory Modification

It would be nice to have the ability to modify the inventory stock levels through the API. It is nice having it in the front end, but if it cannot communicate with anything else, it is half-useful to us.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. criteria to measure girth, so we can avoid overcharges from FedEx

Would like to avoid paying oversize surcharges from FedEx - I feel your software could accommodate this if you added more criteria in the automation rules. I see there are 47 different criteria ranging from # of Items to Warehouse Location. Why not add 1 more?

I think you should allow us to pick Girth.

A FedEx Account Executive emailed this me today. "If any one side is greater than 48", it will be assessed an additional handling surcharge of $11. An oversize surcharge of $72.50 would be applied if length plus girth exceeds 130"."

$72.50 for an oversized package!?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unused return label filter

Create a filter for return label aging so that I can set up automation to void unused labels at age=28 days

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please allow for Walmart Canada Integration

Please allow integration for Walmart Canada selling channel. I have Walmart USA set up but I need integration for Walmart Canada.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please set up a direct integration with Walmart Canada. It will become one of the major marketplace in Canada

We just build up our Walmart Canada store. Please set up a direct integration with Walmart Canada. It will become one of the major marketplace in Canada.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Walmart Canada

Walmart Canada is a new platform from Walmart, specifically for the country of Canada. While Walmart US has ship station integration, Walmart CA is not currently set up for API integration with Ship Station. This platform is new, and will be launching fully in September. There are currently only a group of sellers allowed to sell, however within the next few months, the platform will open to more third party sellers. I think it would be beneficial to get the store setup soon, so that more sellers are ready to add orders into their dashboard as soon as the platform…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make Multi-Box Shipment Information Visible in API

As I understand it the information available in the ShipStation API does not distinguish between single-box and multi-box shipments. We need visibility in the API as to (1) how many boxes are in a shipment, (2) what products are in what box, and (3) the tracking number of each box. This information is essential for generating an EDI 856 (advance ship notice) document.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. usps expired label refund

USPS label manager to track non active labels and request refund before they expire.

Sometimes labels are created and prepaid but are then never used. It would be great to have a feature that track labels that do not go live and make it easy to request refund before they expire.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. User and API Restriction by Store

For users who ship for various companies it would be very helpful to have an API key for each store so that one client would not be able to access other client's data through a shared API. This data security could be extended to the user restriction where users could be assigned to certain store(s).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. "Receive" Returns

Add a Process to "Receive" Returns and Add Information About Returned Product Condition

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Importing orders from QuickBooks Online

For many businesses Quickbooks Online is the only place where the invoices (orders) are created. It would be great if ShipStation could import the invoices or sales receipts from QBO, and then push the tracking numbers back to QBO when the shipping label has been created.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow Cancelled Orders to Update Status or be Restored via API

If you use cart software with many plugin options some of them will make assumptions that don't jive with ShipStation.

For example, if a payment is declined they can change the order status to Cancelled. ShipStation will import this as a Cancelled order. When the customer tries to pay with another payment method and succeeds their order will remain Cancelled because ShipStation does not allow you to update the status of Cancelled orders via API.

Please change this, it is ridiculous. ShipStation is not supposed to be the one making assumptions about your workflow, that's why it's so customizeable. Except…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please let me Export Order Line Items from within an Active Batch

We use Batches to organize orders before processing. Many times we need to contact customers before processing. All the customers we want to contact have been organized in a Batch. The most efficient way we contact multiple customers is via a mail merge, which requires a .csv (or Excel) file containing the customer and order details. Without being able to Export Order Line Items from within an Active Batch, I am left with no option but to contact each customer one at a time--a very lengthy and tedious process that ideally my company can avoid.

Who else would LOVE this…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Run Automation on Single Order

Would be great if we could just run automation on just single orders, or select which orders to run it on. Since there is a lag with shipstation kicking in and running automation, this would be a very helpful work around.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. combine

When combining orders, it would be nice to see the customer info in the pop up window of the combining orders.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please add support for the Stamps.com P2 2.25" x 7.5" thermal printer!!!!!!!!

Please add support for the Stamps.com P2 2.25" x 7.5" thermal printer!!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 34 35
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base