Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Etsy gift wrap/gift message integration

Etsy is getting ready to integrate gift wrapping and gift messages into their sales platform. I'm hoping there will be an alert for each order containing this information within ShipStation once it goes into effect. Gift messages are going to be made available to all orders at no charge, so every Etsy seller will have to deal with them whether they want to or not, and I am concerned I'll get a gift message request and not know about it.

Ideally, I would also like to see a way to print ONLY gift message packing slips and not every packing…

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Defaults to Cheapest Shipping Option

I want the ability on a default shipping option of "flat rate" or "free shipping" to automatically check for the cheapest shipping option that I have enabled on shipstation. Say for example an order comes in that 2 lbs and USPS Priority is $10.99 and FedEx SmartPost is $8.78 it will automatically set the default to FedEx Smart Post. Then if another package to say Alaska comes in the USPS Priority is $10.99 and FedEx SmartPost is $20.00 the option will default to USPS Priority.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. edit customer profiles

I'd like to be able to edit customers profiles directly in shipstation as well as combining duplicate profiles while still maintaining the ability to edit contact info. Not just by doing a CSV upload.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. API branded tracking page, a generic one to link on my website

I was wondering if we could have a link to a generic link to a branded tracking page. I just use it as a link on my website so people can easily track their package. I have to use USPS's tracking page for now. Wish I could have it with ShipStation, it would provide a much cleaner feel.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. zulily integration

We ship multple orders for "deal of the day" type sales on Zulily.com, would be awesome if they could transfer these purchases right to ship station.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Shipping Defaults Box Dimensions for order more than 1

The shipping default box dimensions set at the product level get lost on orders higher then 1. It would be helpful on the product shipping default to be able to mark a product attribute indicating that it always ships in its own box.

For example I have product 1 set at 10 pounds with a 36x8x8 box. If I have an order for 2 of these items I want to see 2 boxes each with a weight of 10 pounds and dimensions of 36x8x8 at the time I create a shipment. Instead the system shows 1 box weighing 20 pounds…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Notification/alert if the tracking number shows no movement after 24 or 48 hours

It would be great to get a notification/alert when a tracking number shows no movement after 24 or 48 hours. This would help us know if a label was created but never shipped.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. insert a tab that shows chronological order of shipments

Under the shipments tab there is no way to organize your shipments by time they were printed. For example, if I am printing a batch of 200 orders and the printer jams halfway through a label, I need to be able to see what the next label would be to make sure the printer didn't skip any when it resumed printing. The only option available now is to view the batch as a pdf and scroll through all the names until you find the name your printer left off at. Searching through a batch of 200 for a particular name…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

Also, you mentioned needing to scroll through names within the batch should your computer jam to find where you left off. To make this a little easier, CTRL+F can be used in the browser to search for a name, or the Recipient column can be clicked to sort alphabetically. I hope this helps!

9. Return Labels Need Option To Choose Drop Off at Carrier Location

The only option available from shipstation is that all return labels are set to pickup at the customers house and return to us. That is not the cheapest option. That is what fedex calls a "call tag". We need the option to chose "drop off at carrier location" which is a lot cheaper.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please allow me to create multiple new orders at once from my existing customer list!

I run an in print newsletter for a club I run and I have to send out 8 newsletters a year to all of my members.

So its crazy frustrating to not be able to just check the box next to multiple "customers" at once and click the button "new order".

CSV file importing from my square space does not allow me to differentiate between who ordered a full run newsletter, a partial newsletter or just someone who ordered a singular back issue or who no longer gets a mailing as the tags I have in place don't carry over…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Customize printer settings per shipping carrier

We ship via multiple carriers, and would like to print different sized labels for each one. Eg a 4x6" label for USPS and a 8x11" label with packing slip for UPS. This was a feature we had with our old shipping software.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Import pending orders as well

On Amazon, there are pending orders but they are not shown in ShipStation. Those are important information that we don't want to miss for inventory management. Could you please consider to add this in your next release? Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. pdf label

It's quite obvious that when an RMA is generated via Amazon, that you can't upload a PFD. So, why would you system spit out a PFD, I can't use it. So, I have to change the format by going to a third party site or making other changes via my document properties. This is't a voting matter, its common sense.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. direct delivery

I would like to see the implementation of the "Direct Delivery" option for UPS packages, which restricts delivery only to the address we ship to and doesn't allow recipients to re-direct the delivery of packages.

This is essential for fraud protection.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. batch archive

Ability to restore an archived batch to active.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Restrict Users from Archiving Batches

It's very easy to accidentally archive a batch. Even if it's not printed yet. I would like to be able to restrict certain users from being able to archive.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. sort printed date

Ability to sort the batches by "Printed Date". We print batches out of order and we have hundreds of batches a day. We would love to be able to quickly sort that "Printed Date" column to quickly see what hasn't been printed yet.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Tracking Portal

Hello ! i would love to be able to have the option to include on my website a portal for my customer so that they can track their orders (just like to return portal) so that it eliminates the need for my customers to either email us or go through their emails to find their tracking link.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Cuba as a ship to Country in Shipstation

We need the option to ship to Cuba via our DHL account. We currently have to do this on DHL.com and would love to do this through Shipstation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We would like ShipStation to integrate Etsy's gift message field

Etsy is adding a new field, where during the ordering process customers can request a personalized gift message. Shipstation should integrate the gift message field with a direct import from Etsy to its own separate gift message section on shipstation.

For example, if a customer places an order and writes notes in the note section and then also requests a gift message, shipstation would import the notes and the gift messages as 2 different fields.

Since Etsy will have the gift message field as its own separate section, if ShipStation does not import it Shipstation will be useless to us…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 47 48
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base