Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restrict User Reprint Abilities

We would like to be able to restrict a user from reprinting a shipping label.

We have seen a few instances where a user reprints a label for a package that has already shipped and affixes it to a completely different package.

It would be great if it allowed for an override from management, otherwise management would login and reprint in the event a reprint is needed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  User & Account Mgmt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add multiple hold buttons and areas

It would be nice to have the option of different hold areas to separate any orders by type of hold. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. change default location by user

We would like to have the default shipping location assigned by who is logged in. We have a user for each of our locations and we have to change the ship to address with every order for the other locations that aren't the main shipping location. This should be a very easy fix.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. User Profile Image

We should have the ability to change the user profile image so that we can better denote who is who.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 3 reasons why a plan between 50 and 500 makes sense

1. The jump from 50 to 500 is literally a 10x jump. A seller who is teetering on 50 will need 250 at most for the next level. Charge $15 for 250 and then $30 for 500. It shows that your goal is to facilitate success with your customers and not "lock'em in" because they finally had some success.

2. $9 to $29 is a 3X jump. It might seem trivial to add $20 to the monthly fees, but every dollar counts for a company trying to stay afloat right now. I know that you have a prorated fee in place, but…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Restrict manual orders with Permission setting

We would like to see a Permission setting to restrict a user from creating Manual Orders.
    Manual Orders is a powerful feature as anyone can ship anything anywhere without any restriction. Currently any users with Order Management can create Manual Orders. This creates a risk of shipper creating manual order with no restrictions.

21 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  User & Account Mgmt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. HIPAA Compliance

We are working to automate business processes for our online health clinic, and integrating with ShipStation makes managing the whole shipping process easier.
    But since we are a US base health provider, any service provider we integrate and handle or process PHI (personal and health information) data with, must be HIPAA compliant, and be able to sign a BAA (business associate agreement) with the health provider.
    Meanwhile, we will have to develop our in-house integration with a HIPAA compliant or exempt shipping provider (like Fedex, or UPS) and that adds serious development burden, provides very little shipping flexibility and and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. MAJOR SECURITY CONCERN - login attempt notifications

I am not sure why this has not been implemented, however this is rather a major security concern. There are no notifications when a login attempt is made. A simple email sent that a login was made/attempted.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Permission Block For Create Return Labels

We do not want our additional users to make "create return labels" on shipstation. We have different return policies. Can this be blocked when customizing the user permissions? Currently it is not a feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Stop signing me out repeatedly (aka make "Remember me" actually remember me)

Every time I go to use ShipStation, I have to login again. The "Remember Me" option does nothing. Support tells me that the actual function of that option is to tell ShipStation not to signout automatically while I'm in the middle of typing. What?

(And, yes, I have been signed out in the middle of typing an address when I forgot to choose that option — i had to login again and re-enter the address.)

The "Remember Me" option should do what it says — remember me for a relatively long time, And, if I don't choose it, it should…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Increase Auth token, V3 requires logging back in too quickly

With version 3, the logout period is too short. I am always logging in after 10-15 min. I'd like to see at least 4 hour sessions.

Additionally, when it does expire and I am on the order page, I enter in all pertinent info and click get rate it then expires and I have to re-input the data again. So when your session expires, have a modal display immediately to prevent the above

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We have multiple workstations fulfilling / shipping orders. We need option to restrict multiple users to see orders assigned to some else

We have thousands of orders
    5000 assigned to User 1
    5000 assigned to User 2
    10 workstations fulfilling orders - I want
    5 stations to see only orders assigned to User 1 and
    5 stations to see only orders assigned to User 2

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Continual Login

Having the ability to stay logged in all day without getting booted after 30 minutes of non use

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. create tags for users

Create tags for users so you can monitor who is packing each box.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this feedback. We’ll keep this thread open for further comment.

In the meantime, you might consider using the option in ShipStation to assign orders to users. Depending on your need, you can also set permissions on each user to view only the orders that are assigned to them, ensuring all users on the accounts are only processing the orders assigned to them.

review our “Hold, Assign, and Cancel Orders” article for more details: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026156911-Hold-Assign-and-Cancel-Orders

15. publish outbound (egress) IPs / network ranges via json

Please provide me with a URL that lists (e.g. in json, CSV, or just flat text file) the IPs / networks that ShipStation will use to connect to my website's API.

(or please tell me if there's some other method I can progmatically obtain them, e.g. via DNS queries, etc)

I need to punch a hole in my IP-based firewall so that ShipStation can connect to my Magento API, but need a way to automatically obtain changes to that list of ShipStation source IPs/networks so this integration doesn't randomly break in the future. (and can't just "allow all of Amazon")

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Upgrade subscription automatically

I hit an error that stopped operations late at night due to hitting my maximum count of shipments for the month. The error message was not informative which caused a lot of unnecessary downtime researching resolution and talking to help.

I can think of a dozen ways to improve this, from emailing me prior to hitting my limit, to automatically upgrading me to the next tier, to changing the error message to be more informative, to show prominently the shipments vs my threshold.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. test enviroment for developers

it would be best if you guys provide test environment for the customers who has subscription.

as a developer we can not test with production data to test this if you provide test environment it would be better

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Permissions - returns view only not allowed

Hello, i need the ability to allow a user to have permission to view returns but not be able to create labels. Currently this is not available and it is causing issues for us.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I'd like to be able to add a second recipient to the Weekly Digest emails.

Would like to add an additional employee to receive the weekly digest emails.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Different automatic Cut-Off times

I'd like to be able to set different cut-off times for each carrier. To make life easier for our USPS carrier I print out the end of day for him so he has a lot less to scan. But if I don't continually change the shipment day on orders I pack up after he leaves, then those orders aren't included in tomorrow's end of day sheets.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  User & Account Mgmt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base