Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SPAM

Dear Shipstation,
    I cannot tell you how terrible it is that I am unable to delete a customer record. When a website owner, like myself, is bombarded with spam, spam orders and every other kind of spam, I can't do business.

I need to be able to DELETE someone in my ship station. Call me OCD, but I don't like to see spam names like BBBBBBBBBBBS in my ship station.

Please create delete function!!!!!!!

And fellow ship station users, check out:

WWW.SMOKINGAUTHORITY.COM

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  User & Account Mgmt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disallow disabling owner account

In the User Management screen the owner can disable their own account causing the account to still be running (until the credit card expires) but no way to log back in without contacting support (which isn't open on weekends).

Instead, there should be an option to transfer account ownership to another account and/or completely delete the ShipStation account.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. admin email alerts for common errors

Visual gui alerts should have the ability to trigger email notifications to admins. This includes things like failed marketplace syncs. We have automated our shipstation usage and rarely use the gui.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Require the user to re-enter their password + admin privilege's before being able to "regenerate API keys"

Had a situation yesterday with an accidental miss click on the "regenerate API keys". This regenerate API keys miss click lead to a ton of problems in our warehouse. The user was not given a confirmation prompt (I like having re-enter the password with a ARE YOU SURE? HERE'S WHAT WILL HAPPEN POTENAILLY IF YOU'RE UNSURE" type of message). This confirmation prompt would've likely prevented the accidental regenerate API keys button click. I like the idea of having to re-enter the password as a confirmation because this forces the user to think about their decision before clicking again.

I hope…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Livechat Feature

A Livechat feature would be very handy in assisting with small errors that need to be fixed on the spot. Troubleshooting error messages etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Could you offer a plan in between the STARTER and the BRONZE?

It would be nice to have another option in between these two plans for small businesses. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Inventory User Restriction by Warehouse or Category

I know that currently you can restrict users to only view inventory data, but I'd like to be able to also restrict which warehouses they have access to, or even restrict by product category. We are a third party fulfillment center and we want to be able to allow our partner's to log in but not see other company's inventory levels or data. I hope this is possible! Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. sumbit

Eliminate CAPTIV step to sign into SS. I am the owner of the account and find it difficult to have to take this step each time i sign in. You should be able to verify me and then not have to do this eveytime.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Get Ship9 working properly, it feels more like it is in development when compared to SS

Looking through the forums I don't think I'm the only one with issues.

It feels slow and cumbersome, not updating very quickly.
    No restore button.
    The bottom screen on SS was good for us.
    Customs section sort of works but lacks flow.
    Layout is/feels awkward.
    We need to refresh/reload or click on something else to then go back and see the orders as shipped.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow option to disable login on personal computers.

Allow option to disable login on personal computers. Currently Shipstation logs itself out at least every hour, yet I'm shipping all day long. I have to login to Shipstation what feels like 9-10 times/day. Can I just stay logged in permanently, similar to how my Amazon account works?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Restrict users to be unable to delete existing tags

בס'ד

See, We have had employees delete tags at there own discretion.
    When a "Tag" is deleted it disrupts the Automation Rules..

So.. We need, Be'Ezras HASHEM, that under "Permissions" and "Order Management" to Restrict Users so that when they "Manage Tags" that they NOT be able to Deleting Existing Tags.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow addition / deletion of Shipping Insurance Options

We are requesting that the list of available shipping insurance options be editable. Being able to add or remove options would make it foolproof when a new employee is processing packages... if there is only 1 option mistakes could not be made. Making a shipping insurance mistake can cost a business hundreds (or thousands) of dollars.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Restrict User Reprint Abilities

We would like to be able to restrict a user from reprinting a shipping label.

We have seen a few instances where a user reprints a label for a package that has already shipped and affixes it to a completely different package.

It would be great if it allowed for an override from management, otherwise management would login and reprint in the event a reprint is needed.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. add multiple hold buttons and areas

It would be nice to have the option of different hold areas to separate any orders by type of hold. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. change default location by user

We would like to have the default shipping location assigned by who is logged in. We have a user for each of our locations and we have to change the ship to address with every order for the other locations that aren't the main shipping location. This should be a very easy fix.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. User Profile Image

We should have the ability to change the user profile image so that we can better denote who is who.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 3 reasons why a plan between 50 and 500 makes sense

1. The jump from 50 to 500 is literally a 10x jump. A seller who is teetering on 50 will need 250 at most for the next level. Charge $15 for 250 and then $30 for 500. It shows that your goal is to facilitate success with your customers and not "lock'em in" because they finally had some success.

2. $9 to $29 is a 3X jump. It might seem trivial to add $20 to the monthly fees, but every dollar counts for a company trying to stay afloat right now. I know that you have a prorated fee in place, but…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Restrict manual orders with Permission setting

We would like to see a Permission setting to restrict a user from creating Manual Orders.
    Manual Orders is a powerful feature as anyone can ship anything anywhere without any restriction. Currently any users with Order Management can create Manual Orders. This creates a risk of shipper creating manual order with no restrictions.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  User & Account Mgmt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. HIPAA Compliance

We are working to automate business processes for our online health clinic, and integrating with ShipStation makes managing the whole shipping process easier.
    But since we are a US base health provider, any service provider we integrate and handle or process PHI (personal and health information) data with, must be HIPAA compliant, and be able to sign a BAA (business associate agreement) with the health provider.
    Meanwhile, we will have to develop our in-house integration with a HIPAA compliant or exempt shipping provider (like Fedex, or UPS) and that adds serious development burden, provides very little shipping flexibility and and…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. MAJOR SECURITY CONCERN - login attempt notifications

I am not sure why this has not been implemented, however this is rather a major security concern. There are no notifications when a login attempt is made. A simple email sent that a login was made/attempted.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base