Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. api woocommerce

I recently added UPS as a shipping option. The international rates are good, they seem to be discounted from what I would normally get.

I added a UPS plugin to my woocommerce webshop, so customers would have the option to choose UPS with their orders. But when I set it up I used my personal UPS account login info and access key, so it's pulling rates from my account which is way more expensive.

Would it be possible to enter a shipstation acct number and access key so it pulls the more accurate cheaper shipstation costs? Currently there's no way…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Inventory updating to third party

I think a good idea would be automatic inventory update to multiple selling channels when selling so you don’t over sell. Meaning if I sell 3 items on eBay it will automatically deduct that on all selling channels so that all selling channels have updated and same qtys at all times.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Rule in Shipping Calculator for multi packages when a weight limit is met

We love ShipStation and that we are able to map to our UPS agreement. We often have orders over 50 lbs, at that time, we move to multiple boxes. (we are an apparel wholesaler) That brings the cost of the shipment down to the customer, and also is a more manageable box to handle. We use both Cin7 and Shopify and are very confident of the calculation when below 50 pounds. We desire a rule to put in the calculator, when the order is =/> 50 lbs, we split the shipment and create a second box. (the same would apply…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Time Spent per Shipment - Tracking Shipping Metrics

We would love the ability to report on how long it takes users to complete a shipment. Average time per shipment, total time shipping, etc.

We are struggling to measure/compare effeciencies of our shippers without these metrics.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Carriers & Fulfillment Settings/Accounts syncing

We have two FedEx accounts and two UPS accounts. When I check services in one FedEx account, the other FedEx account services sync to it (same when I check settings in one of the UPS accounts). This is so frustrating. If the service settings in each account were isolated and unique to a particular account, our shippers could choose a shipping method and not have to fill in the correct account - it could be automatically filled in. Because of this, our shippers have to add one more step to each transaction. It seems so basic to me; I am…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Integration with Aureus POS

These guys (www.aureuspos.com) already are integrated on their side to connect to Shipstation via your API. It would be good to list them as partner.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to flag shipments in Shipments

Due to lack of Signature Required ability due to Covid-19, our temperature sensitive orders are shipped with "Card for Pick-up". What we have discovered is that a significant portion of these shipments are reporting that they never received a card for pick-up. We have adopted the practice of going through the shipments, tracking them, and contacting customers whose status has updated to "notice left", "shipment ready for pick-up", to notify them that there should have been a card delivered and that their package is now ready for pick-up. This has greatly improved a bad situation, but because we can't flag/mark…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sort order items by location on packing slip

I know that you can add item location to the packing slips. However, I think everyone could benefit by having the option to sort their order items on their packing slips by item location alpha-numerically. This will speed up the picking process.

If this is already possible, can someone explain how to do this? I found a way online when coding the custom packing slip to bump items with a quantity >1 to the top, but can't seem to find a way to sort by pick location.

Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Scan to Verify

Have option to refresh scan screen after order marked as verified.

We use the Scan to Verify and Scan to Print options in our fulfillment process. However, we have three different stations set up for this. At the beginning of the line, an employee scans the packing slip and then proceeds to scan the items to verify the order. It then gets boxed and packaged by the following employee. The third employee scans the packing slip again for the scan to print option and creates the shipping label.

The issue is, the first employee verifying the order has to manually…

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fulfilling Shopify Order LINE ITEMS Separate From Multiple Locations - Ship Station To Relay ALL tracking back to Shopify

Please integrate a feature that allows merchants that drop ship from multiple locations to separately ship line items from Shipstaiton, while communicating the information back to shopify.

Scenario: Order 111111 in Shopify has three line items. Each being shipped from a different "warehouse" (Vendor that is set up and tagging products in shipstation). V2 and V3 allow the user to separate the items respective to their own inventory..The first label and associated tracking number from that order will transfer to shopify, and notify the customer. The other two tracking numbers from the other two line items coming from different locations…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. marketplace notification

There is a column that indicates that the Marketplace was notified that a shipment went out. However, if the marketplace is not fully integrated and uses webhooks instead, that field is not updated. It would be nice if the webhook would also trigger the notification flag. This is for marketplace notifications, not email notifications to customers; our marketplaces take care of those.

Right now, we need to go back to the original marketplace for each order to make sure that ShipStation properly notified it about the shipment details.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Delivery Status Dates

We are a service based business hosting events for companies around the globe. We need our deliveries shipped as close to the date of our events as possible with fresh ingredients. Having a line with more accurate shipping status would be much more helpful than what is currently offered. We have to go check hundreds of tracking numbers to see statuses. Its not very helpful

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Scan to Verify and Print

Once items have been verified from the "Scan to Verify & Print" screen, allow that visibility throughout the whole platform. If items have been verified but the label has not been created, once you exit the "Scan to Verify & Print" screen, it does not show the products were verified if you search for the order instead of scanning the packing slip barcode. Also, allow visibility once the order has shipped. If a customer says they are missing items, you can quickly check to see if it was verified before shipping.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When using 3rd party or recipient billing, it shouldn't show a charge.

When using 3rd party or recipient billing, it shouldn't show a charge.

When I'm at UPS.com and enter in all the correct info, it says we have $0.00 shipping charges which gives us and our employees the confidence that the info was entered correctly, and if our customer isn't up-to-date on their UPS bills (or if they have any issues on their end), UPS notifies us. On Shipstation, I've been told we have to click the button nest to the rate showing what our rate is if we are paying. That implies that we are getting charged. Even if that's…

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow an Automation rule of Bulk action to set a declared insurance value. For UPS capital insurance, min $101 declared value required. How

Allow an Automation rule of Bulk action to set a declared insurance value. I was told that this is monitored and improvements are made. This is a big one and from all the posts it is nothing new. UPS Capital need a minimum set. SHIP STATION are you listening?

Please provide this help and save us countless hours processing orders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. order supplies

in the other system, we are using there is an option to order UPS< FedEx, DHL supplies such as boxes, envelopes, window pouches, label rolls, etc. can you please add this option?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Support of Dimensionalizers

I would like for Shipstation to support physical dimensionalizers.

The physical scale implementation with Shipstation works well, and it would be nice if this extended to dimensionalizers as well.

Right now we just have to measure each non-standard package with a measuring tape after setting it on our scale and enter the dims into Shipstation manually. If Shipstation added support for a weight/dim unit, this would greatly speed up each shipment and be much more efficient for our shipping department. We ship a lot of large packages and not always in standardized boxes, so this would allow faster and more…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Saturday Delivery Criteria for selected DAYS of the week instead of DATES

Whenever we activate Saturday Delivery, all our 2-day orders are auto opted for this option. This includes orders placed from Monday- Friday. We then have to manually opt-out of Saturday delivery throughout the week. Can we set a criteria option for Thursday orders only? It will save a lot of time!

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base