Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New branded tracking page for international shipments - PROBLEM

We love the branded tracking page for Domestic orders,
    however the new one that has been added for Australia, Canada and UK is causing us problems.

Our international carrier's tracking system doesn't sync well with the branded page, so customers will often just see "expected to ship on December 27...etc" for a whole week before there is any further updated information. So they think that we haven't sent their package yet.

I would like to be able to opt OUT of the branded tracking page for all international shipments, just like it was up until recently.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple Return Services for Branded Returns Portal

We have set up a Branded Returns Portal for people print their own return labels. We picked USPS first class which is only for items with less than 15oz, above that we need to do priority shippng which has no weight limit.

There is only one option preferred shipping method in the returns portal
    but i can't set all returns up to priority because we don't want all the orders to be returned priority (we would lose money).

There should be different preferred shipping methods for different categories. How is it possible in a site you have only one option…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Localisation on Returns Portal

There needs to be localisation settings on the returns portal for the currency and Zip Code (In the UK we say Post Code)

It currently only shows the currency in USD $ we need it to show our orders in GBP £

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. manually update tracking

Occasionally, I have items delivered via first class mail (envelope) which does not have tracking. ShipStation shows status unknown. I would like the ability to manually mark delivered if I know that to be true.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Tracking Request Form For Our Websites

Having come from using aftership they provide a code snippet so that we can have a tracking request form on our own websites. I know buyers would just have to go to the email to click link, but would be nice to have a way on our sites so that buyers can enter their tracking code and this would go to the branded tracking page upon submission

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. track changes to shipping service changes under Order Activity

Since all other monetary transactions are tracked under Order Activity, if someone changes shipping services, it would be helpful to have that tracked as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Query string to autofill returns portal order number field

Currently when you set up a branded returns portal you get a unique URL, e.g. track.shipstation.com/{uniqueReturnPortalPath}

When a user visits that URL, the form fields are empty. It would be great if adding a query string to the unique URL would automatically fill the order number field. For example, track.shipstation.com/{uniqueReturnPortalPath}?orderno=123456789 would automatically fill the Order # field to 123456789.

The platform we are using creates very long order numbers. Having this feature would allow us to create unique return URLs for each order and spare our users the headache of having to manually enter that long order number.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Shipstation send to Magento Marketplace "Other"as the carrier name (instead of Canada Post)

Shipstation sending a carrier value of "Other" for all carriers other than USPS, FedEx, UPS, and DHL, which is the intended behavior when it send a shipment notification to Magento. In our case we ship with Canada Post is a carrier that ShipStation supports. When I contact the support of shipstation, they advice me to install the extension "https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/custom-carrier-trackers.html" to be able to add custom carriers on the Magento . but that dont change the information sending by shipstation "Other". I didnt find who to resolve this probleme.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Always Show Shipment Items

I would like to be able to control items being automatically hidden on the branded tracking page. Personally, I would prefer my customers to see them instead of having to click a link to unhide them.

Honestly, I think this is page has a huge amount of marketing potential for a business. Your customers WANT to see this tracking information, so they actively visit it. Why not add more fleatures to modify it so we can cross sell products for future ordering...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Branded returns

The instructions for returning items (customer's view);
    Step 1
    Print out the packing slip and return label.
    ** The customer is only able to print the label. The packing slip does not print.

I love the new branded returns page but I cannot use it yet as there are still some kinks to it.

I also would like to see more customization options as other customers have requested:
    1. Allow us to modify and change reasons for return
    2. When reason of return is "other" or "exchange" have notes field for customer to enterd details of return
    3. Ability to…

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Input validation of uploaded brand logo files

The store configuration page doesn't mention anything about the resolution or file type requirements of branded logos (though I found the details after searching Google: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206640067-How-do-I-adjust-the-size-and-quality-of-my-store-logo- ). What's worse, the system will accept and display logo files that don't fit these requirements. I first tried uploading a SVG for better quality, and it successfully saved to the branding page and even rendered the image. However, previewing the tracking page showed the broken image icon. I decided to try a PNG (with transparency), but nothing even showed up. I then tried a JPG, but my resolution was too high, and it…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Retina Logo on Branded Tracking Page

It would be great if store logos were "Retina-Ready" on the branded tracking page. Most modern devices use high resolution screens and images that are loaded at a maximum of 300px wide end up looking pretty bad on those devices.

While you're at it, fix the Mixed-Content warnings from Google by loading images from either:

1. Secure source
    2. Replace "http://" with "//"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have the tracking link on the Shipments tab link to the Branded Tracking

Love the branded tracking, but still about 70% of customer contact is in relation to shipping, and my replies nearly always include a link to the carrier's tracking site, which I get by right clicking and 'copy link address' from the Shipments page in SS.

My request is that these links also link to the branded tracking, so I can see what the customer sees, and also avoids the need to link to USPS, DHL etc.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. API branded Tracking Page

We send Shipping Notifications via our own system instead of ShipStation's built in shipping notification emails. We are looking for the ability to link to the branded tracking page. In order to do this we would need the ability to grab the link from ShipStation's API. Is there a way to do this currently? If not, I would like to request this feature.

Thanks!

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for leaving your thoughts, everyone! We’re still reviewing this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.

15. Branded Tracking Page- Support Mark as Shipped orders and Fulfillments that use supported carriers.

Branded tracking page is awesome, I'd like to propose that devs expand to include the big 4 (FedEx UPS DHL & USPS) on Mark as Shipped orders.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base