Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

The ShipStation Feedback Forum collects your ideas and allows you to vote and comment on other ideas so our product team can understand what new features are most important to you or what business challenges we need to address next.

Everyone has 20 votes to spend on ideas that are important to them (but you can comment as much as you like). 

While all ideas will get reviewed, it's simply not possible for all ideas to make it onto the product roadmap. The more activity an idea has, however, the more likely it is to be considered. So, be sure to check if your idea has already been posted so you can add your votes and comments to it! 

Suggestions for Writing a Great Idea Post

• Write a title to succinctly summarize your post. Other users should be able to identify if their idea is similar to yours just by reading the title so they will know to vote and comment on it!
  • Explain the problem you are trying to solve and what you think should be added or changed in ShipStation to solve this problem. 
  • Describe how you would use this feature or how you think it should function to serve your need.
  • Attach a screenshot to help illustrate your point. 
  • Put the idea in the category that best fits what you are trying to accomplish (for example: Order Management, Insights & Reporting, or Printing & Documents).

What to Expect With an Idea 

Our moderators will regularly review posts to ensure:
    • They are categorized in a logical way. If not, they may move them to the proper category. 
    • The title accurately reflects the idea content so others can understand. If not, they may edit the post title to help others identify posts they want to vote and comment on.
    • That posts are really ideas and not bug reports or issues that require contacting our support team. 
    • That any request that has an existing solution or can be accomplished with existing features gets a response to let everyone know a solution or feature already exists and how to learn about it.
Our moderators will also update the statuses of posts as they are considered by our product team. If an idea makes it onto the roadmap, we'll update the idea status from Planned to Started to Completed as work progresses on the idea. If an idea is declined or archived, our moderator will update the status to indicate so and you will receive your votes back to use on other ideas in the future. 

Finally, if more information is needed on an idea, the moderator will post a reply to ask for them. If it is your idea or you have commented on the idea, you should receive an email notification when this occurs.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. API branded Tracking Page

We send Shipping Notifications via our own system instead of ShipStation's built in shipping notification emails. We are looking for the ability to link to the branded tracking page. In order to do this we would need the ability to grab the link from ShipStation's API. Is there a way to do this currently? If not, I would like to request this feature.

Thanks!

112 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    24 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for leaving your thoughts, everyone! We’re still reviewing this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.

2. API branded tracking page, a generic one to link on my website

I was wondering if we could have a link to a generic link to a branded tracking page. I just use it as a link on my website so people can easily track their package. I have to use USPS's tracking page for now. Wish I could have it with ShipStation, it would provide a much cleaner feel.

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have the tracking link on the Shipments tab link to the Branded Tracking

Love the branded tracking, but still about 70% of customer contact is in relation to shipping, and my replies nearly always include a link to the carrier's tracking site, which I get by right clicking and 'copy link address' from the Shipments page in SS.

My request is that these links also link to the branded tracking, so I can see what the customer sees, and also avoids the need to link to USPS, DHL etc.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Branded Tracking Page- Support Mark as Shipped orders and Fulfillments that use supported carriers.

Branded tracking page is awesome, I'd like to propose that devs expand to include the big 4 (FedEx UPS DHL & USPS) on Mark as Shipped orders.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. White label tracking page

We'd like the ability to use tracking.ourdomain.com as the tracking URL and remove the ShipStation branding. This could be a premium add-on for a few extra dollars a month.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. text updates

Id like to have a button where customers can sign up for text updates like this example attached.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Remove "Powered by Shipstation"

Can we have the option to remove Powered by Shipstation from our branded page

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback.

We will consider this request as we plan our future product roadmap.

This post will remain open so more of our users can vote and comment on how this change would be of benefit to them.

8. WooCommerce Shipment Tracking

I currently have ShipStation integrated with WooCommerce. I am using the Shipment Tracking plugin to get the shipping information from ShipStation into WooCommerce.

WooCommerce then in turn sends out the 'shipment shipped' email to the customer.

That is great, but ShipStation sends the courier tracking number to the Shipment Tracking plugin instead of the Branded Tracking Page link. It would be great if ShipStation sent the Branded Tracking Page link to WooC alongside the tracking number so that link could be included in the customer emails.

As of right now, I will have to use ShipStation to send out the…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We have had a number of requests around different ways to share the link to the Branded Tracking Page and are currently considering many of these ideas.

There is some related work around Branded Tracking that needs to be accomplished to make this idea possible, so it may be awhile before we can provide additional updates.

We’ve put this idea in Under Review and would like to know what other selling channels users may be interested in for this beyond WooCommerce.

9. further customize branded pages

Being able to further customize the branded tracking page and returns portal would be great for our overall customer experience! There are limited customization options, but just changing a few colors and adding our logo does not help it feel like a complete experience from our site. The ability to:

-customize return reasons,
    -add branded blocks/sections to those pages,
    -add upsells, and
    -be able to customize the header/footer to match our website

would all make it feel more like it was coming from our brand.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Give us the possibility to translate ourselves the Branded Tracking Page + Return Portal

It would be GREAT if we could just enter ourselves the translated strings we want to display in the Branded Tracking Page and the Return Portal. This is a must for ecommerce. Not everything is done in English.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Dynamic URLS for branded pages

I'd like to create dynamic URLs where, based on URL parameters (such order number, zip code), we can load the branded tracking page or the return branded page for each customer, removing the necessity of entering data manually for them.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Link Branded Tracking Page outside of email notification

Would like a link to a branding page so our customers can track their orders via their "My Account" page rather that searching their emails.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. return portal store related

It will be very helpful if the TOOL of RETURN PORTAL, was not store related. if I want just 1 link for all the stores I have on shipping station I was able to find any order, not just the order related to that store.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. manually update tracking

Occasionally, I have items delivered via first class mail (envelope) which does not have tracking. ShipStation shows status unknown. I would like the ability to manually mark delivered if I know that to be true.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Multiple language support on branded tracking page

Please allow multiple language support on the branded tracking pages. For us French-canadians and other non-english speaking communities, the customer experience is a bit broken if we use the english branded tracking page. We should be able to set a default language other than english for the branded tracking page and even the returns portal. We want to leverage Shipstation as much as we can but as it stands, it's not usable for us.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Adding a Page where customers can track their orders

it would be great if you guys had a page that i can link to my website so customers can put in the tracking number and track their orders vs only being able to do this via the link in the email that's sent to them when their order ships out.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Branded tracking page

We are currently in the process of fixing our website, and we would like to update how we allow our customers to track their shipments. I usually send them an email with the tracking information, and it leads them to here, but on our website, I can only send them to this page. I want to be able to direct them to their tracking page (the first link) without them having to enter their order number and zip code. Is there a link I can send to my developers that will allow them to do that on our website? Is…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Retina Logo on Branded Tracking Page

It would be great if store logos were "Retina-Ready" on the branded tracking page. Most modern devices use high resolution screens and images that are loaded at a maximum of 300px wide end up looking pretty bad on those devices.

While you're at it, fix the Mixed-Content warnings from Google by loading images from either:

1. Secure source

2. Replace "http://" with "//"

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Prestashop orders FBA tracking issues

We are at present testing ShipStation with a view to using it for all our orders. All good now apart from one REALLY annoying issue - tracking info on orders made on a Prestashop store sent to customer FBA.

When doing this Amazon uses its own carriers and tracking URL is swiship.co.uk/tracking number, however ShipStation has a link to USPS.com/tracking number, whilst Prestashop has a link to royalmail.com/tracking number so customer is led to incorrect URL and cannot track package. Not good!

There is a developer who it seems has solved this issue referenced here:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/482928-tracking-info-from-stamps-or-shipstation/

Can someone from Shipstation…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. branded tracking page _Bring the Map Back

Bring the Branded Tracking Page Map back. The new integration got rid of this tracking Map and looks clunky and horrible. Everyone who feels the same, please vote for this.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base