Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. API - List Orders using Customer ID or Email

I don't understand why ShipStation's API is so limited in its functionality. I am limited to Customer Name, Item Keyword or Country Code when searching for orders or shipments. Customer ID or Email Address is common sense to find specific customer orders or shipments.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Paypal integration

Currently SS does not work to notify PayPal of tracking info and ship status. I am told by SS that they are not integrated with the correct PayPal API to allow this to happen. This is a big disadvantage for PayPal users, causing us an extra step by having to manually update each individual order in PayPal with tracking information. The current integration between PayPal and SS is not complete. SS, please do what is needed to integrate fully with PayPal.

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Quickbooks Online integration

When importing orders into Quickbooks Online it sets the Sales Receipt date to the day I import them. Why not set the date to the shipping date? Please fix this. It makes no sense to use the import date and at least the shipping date would be more accurate as to when the order occured. Imagine importing 300 orders from August and then having to go back and fix the date on each one because you imported them in October.

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Netparcel.com shipping integration to save on parcel shipments

NetParcel shipping integration with ShipStation to save everyone on shipping costs with all the couriers instead of having to negotiate rates directly with couriers. This has changed the game for our business for shipping parcels, especially to the USA and I still use it, it is a pain having it not integrated. I hope others get on board with this and vote!

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. usps expired label refund

USPS label manager to track non active labels and request refund before they expire.

Sometimes labels are created and prepaid but are then never used. It would be great to have a feature that track labels that do not go live and make it easy to request refund before they expire.

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Royal Mail 1D/2D Barcodes

Hello,

We are desperate for Shipstation to integrate Royal Mail 1D and 2D barcodes into the tracking fields. Especially for CRL services.

These barcodes are used as tracking reference numbers and provide delivery confirmation. This is now a requirement by eBay and something we are currently having to manually upload.

This is a very long and painful process, that could easily be resolved if Shipstation were to extract the data.

Thank you,

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Get integration with UK Mail and Yodel

Get integration with UK Mail and Yodel.

Working in the online retail sector alongside other small to medium-sized businesses we and a number of other businesses we work with are using either UK Mail or Yodel as a courier. Having integrated our custom store with ship station and loved it so far we are desperate to use it to its full capability by having it support these two well known and frequently used couriers.

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Import Etsy Weights

I feel like this should be a no brainer but still there is no weight importing from etsy orders. This causes a ton of manual work and is a major inconvenience. Please make it so our order weights import with the order information from etsy listings.

Thanks!

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Integrate DHL Global Mail for Australian Customers, PLEASE.

Integrate DHL Global Mail for Australian Customers, PLEASE. You'd be one of the first here to do this.

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. amazon china

Amazon China connection...we need to connect Amazon China to shipstation...

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. parcel2go integration

I wish you could provide integration with www.parcel2go.com.
    They are really good service and i hope you could help me with this as i use it very often byt the only way i can send parcel using them is by exporting the CSV file from shipstation. I am sure this will generate new sales for you as many people uses parcel2go every day.

parcel2go is unique as they offer all services to any people so you do not need to register with new individual carrier, only with parcel2go and all job is done by them. All we need is…

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Provide realtime carrier rates to BigCommerce Checkout

Hi,
    It would be highly profitable for ShipStation if you where to implement this feature:
    1. Collaborate with BigCommerce to enable bigcommerce to request real-time shipping rates from ShipStation (who would request it from the users configured carriers)
    2. After ShipStation provides the realtime rates back to bigcommerce, have bigcommerce display these rates in the shopping cart "Estimate Shipping" and during the Checkout process.

This will really make ShipStation stand out as an attractive option for bigcommerce users looking for better shipping management.

The ShipStation API already provides support for retrieving shipping rates. It would not be too difficult for…

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The new In-Cart Delivery Options feature that we are currently piloting now provides this option for ShipStation users with both BigCommerce and Shopify. Please review our In Cart Delivery Options article for details on how to set up and use this feature: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046301731-In-Cart-Delivery-Options

Send an email to support@shipstation.com to request this feature be enabled on your account.

13. Two ups accounts return label

I have two UPS accounts set up in ShipStation.

When I ship out something on a specific UPS account, and it needs to be returned, I would like to be able to create a return label on that same account. However, ShipStation only let's me create return labels on the primary account.

So if I ship labels on a secondary UPS account, the only way to print a return label on that secondary account is to temporarily edit the global settings to make it the primary UPS account, then switch it back after I print my return label.

I would…

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for leaving your thoughts, everyone! We’ll keep this in mind; for now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.
    If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

14. ups worldwide economy

All of my global shipping is via UPS WorldWide Economy. Please support this class of service!!!

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pull in UPC From Amazon

We track everything in our shop by UPC. Since our Amazon SKU's do not have the UPC in them it would be great if you could pull in the UPC from Amazon orders so that we have easy access to the UPC when preparing shipments.

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Shopify to Shipstation Additional Details

Have Shopify's "Additional Details" and "Notes" sections import to different ShipStation fields! They are currently importing to 1 field in Shipstation, "Customer Order Notes".

Currently, if an order in Shopify has any information stored in the "Additional Details" column of an order, that information is imported into Shipstation in the "customer Order Notes" Field. This is the same field that the Shopify "Notes" section imports to. Shopify businesses commonly use the Shopify "Notes" section for gift messages. So, when all this info is imported, you get a gift message + any data from the "Additional Details" column funneling all together…

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Lithium ion battery support

Many companies ship items with Lithium ion batteries now and the regulations around them are annoying to say the least. While shipping ground in the domestically within the continental US is fairly straightforward, when these types of packages go internationally or by air the labeling and document requirements are more involved.

My request is more integrated support for Class 9 Dangerous Goods. It is definitely possible to ship these through standard carriers (UPS, Fedex, etc) but there is some additional labels and paperwork that are required. I know UPS now has API integrations for the DG paperwork now. Any level…

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. we should be able to see gift wrap options downloaded from big commerce.

my idea is that we can see in shipstation that a customer wants their order gift wrapped.

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. SAGE 50 INTEGRATION

Any plans to integrate with Sage 50 Accounting software?

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Pull in UPC From Shopify

Shopify and Shipstation both have a product field for UPC, but Shipstation does not import that value from Shopify. The API exists, and it would be simple to have this included. This would greatly help with reports and exports of shipping reports.

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base