Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for USPS Global Express Guaranteed (GXG)

Would it be possible to add support for the USPS Global Express Guaranteed (GXG) shipping option?

Details:
    https://www.usps.com/ship/gxg.htm

I don't see it mentioned on Express1's site, by Endicia supports it:
    http://www.dymoendicia.com/tools-resources/harrys-hints/global-express-guaranteed

Sometimes we have orders that ship in boxes too large for USPS Priority & Express, but GXG allows the larger sizes. (ex: 24"x15"x24" to Australia)

UPS supports that size, but the rates are significantly higher then USPS GXG.

Thank You,
    Rich

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request/voting and helping us to improve ShipStation! We will need to review our USPS provider partners supported services and determine if it is possible to enable this service within ShipStation. We’ll let you know once we have an update!

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

2. Add Dicom Integration

Please connect dicom and Canpar for Canadian customers!

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. API - List Orders using Customer ID or Email

I don't understand why ShipStation's API is so limited in its functionality. I am limited to Customer Name, Item Keyword or Country Code when searching for orders or shipments. Customer ID or Email Address is common sense to find specific customer orders or shipments.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. wave

I use wave accounting and love it -- would be nice to connect to it for shipping orders.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Use Zapier to Mark As Shipped

I would like to have a Zapier Action created to Mark Orders As Shipped.

I use a drop shipping service and I receive tracking numbers via email. I would like to automate updating the ShipStation order with the tracking number via Zapier and eliminate the task of uploading a spreadsheet of tracking numbers to ShipStation.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add insurance option to shipping calculator

It would be nice if there was a field in the shipping calculator that will allow us to quote the shipping cost with the carrier insurance included. Right now, we have to either make an order, or click Create Label and then add the value and go through each shipping method to give the customer an accurate cost.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, @Devin! Thanks for taking the time to bring this up! We’ll keep your idea in mind when looking to update the Rate Calculator. For now, we’d like to see what other users have to say about this before moving forward.

If you haven’t already, please comment with your thoughts and how often you’’re using the Rate Calculator to quote your customers.

If you’re using Shipsurance, here is helpful information about their rates: http://www.shipstation.com/insurance-terms-and-conditions/

7. Free supplies through UPS for ShipStation

"UPS from ShipStation" should offer access to the same free shipping supplies that traditional UPS accounts can order at ups.com.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Integrate DHL Global Mail for Australian Customers, PLEASE.

Integrate DHL Global Mail for Australian Customers, PLEASE. You'd be one of the first here to do this.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. parcel2go integration

I wish you could provide integration with www.parcel2go.com.
    They are really good service and i hope you could help me with this as i use it very often byt the only way i can send parcel using them is by exporting the CSV file from shipstation. I am sure this will generate new sales for you as many people uses parcel2go every day.

parcel2go is unique as they offer all services to any people so you do not need to register with new individual carrier, only with parcel2go and all job is done by them. All we need is…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Integration with Stripe

A couple of years ago a number of us requested ShipStation integration with Stripe. In our case, because Amazon stopped hosting webstores about a year ago, we migrated to a GoDaddy online store which uses Stripe and PayPal for payment processing. PayPal orders pop into ShipStation just fine as usual, but we have to manually create orders coming in via an email from GoDaddy/Stripe. ShipStation was then integrated with Stripe Relay for mobile apps. We do get a fair amount of customer traffic from mobile devices, and I imagine Stripe Relay integrates and works well with ShipStation for those who…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Quickbooks Online integration

When importing orders into Quickbooks Online it sets the Sales Receipt date to the day I import them. Why not set the date to the shipping date? Please fix this. It makes no sense to use the import date and at least the shipping date would be more accurate as to when the order occured. Imagine importing 300 orders from August and then having to go back and fix the date on each one because you imported them in October.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Schedule pickups without having shipment info

We ship live plants, so we always pack the same day we ship. This is problematic for scheduling pickups since you have to do it the day before. I don't really understand why you need to have all the details about your shipments before scheduling a pickup. Instead, you should be able to schedule a generic pickup with perhaps just basic estimates about the size of the shipment, example given: 10 small boxes, 10 boxes approximately 18x18x8, and five boxes 18x18x24. This information could be automatically updated when you create a batch relevant to the shipper for that day.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. FedEx Crossborder

You need to implement FedEx Crossborder as a shipping option. As is we are having to go to a hole in the wall company in India to get it to work on ShipStation.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Discogs.com

Discogs is an online Record and music market with customers all over the world. I sell a lot of records and integration with Discogs.com would be great.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Login with Google Request

ShipStation doesn't have 2 factor authentication and this could be achieved with a simple 'Login with Google' option.

This would make Shipstation a lot more secure.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Royal Mail 1D/2D Barcodes

Hello,

We are desperate for Shipstation to integrate Royal Mail 1D and 2D barcodes into the tracking fields. Especially for CRL services.

These barcodes are used as tracking reference numbers and provide delivery confirmation. This is now a requirement by eBay and something we are currently having to manually upload.

This is a very long and painful process, that could easily be resolved if Shipstation were to extract the data.

Thank you,

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. usps expired label refund

USPS label manager to track non active labels and request refund before they expire.

Sometimes labels are created and prepaid but are then never used. It would be great to have a feature that track labels that do not go live and make it easy to request refund before they expire.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. FEDEX- Separate third party billing for duty and taxes than shipper or receiver account.

For FedEx international to give shipper the option to bill customs and duty for international shipments to a separate account #, that isn't the receivers/shipper's account. At the same time billing the shipping charges to either receiver/shipper account. Hope that makes sense.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Delay Order Sync

Basically, we need a setting that allows you to say "only pull orders from Shopify that are at least XX minutes old". Preferable at least 30-60 minutes old, in my case.

We use an app called One Click Upsell, which basically presents customers with an opportunity to add a special deal to their order after they've already checked out. It comes in as a 2nd transaction, but the app automatically merges the 2 orders within Shopify. There's a decent likelihood that we could sync our orders and pull an order into ShipStation in that window of time between when a…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Integration with Shopify Fulfillment Holds so I can use OneClickUpsell OCU

Adapt Shipstation implementation for Shopify in order to make sure its compatible with Post Purchase 1 Click Upsells and the OneClickUpsell OCU app for Shopify.

The latest Shopify Fulfillment API allows for fulfillment holds so post-purchase offers products can be smoothly added to orders: https://shopify.dev/changelog/post-purchase-fulfillment-holds
    Currently, Shipstation orders are showing with 0 quantity when auto-fulfilled until the upsell funnel is complete (1 hour) or TY Page is reached.

Having this feature would allow Shopify store owners to use the apps together and increase Average Order Value seamlessly. Provide merchants with a significant increase if profitability that is lost without post-purchase…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base