Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Delivery Time API

The ShipStation API has a "Get Rates" endpoint that allows a consumer to retrieve rates for carrier shipping services, much like the Rate Calculator in the web interface (except the API requires you to specify the carrier).

In the response, the call returns the following fields:
    - serviceName (FedEx First Overnight)
    - serviceCode (fedexfirstovernight)
    - shipmentCost (87.8)
    - otherCost (2.63)

In the web interface, it also returns Package (which I'm not too concerned about) and Delivery Time ("7 days," "3 days," etc).

It would help me tremendously to have the API report the Delivery Time for each rate…

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. A partnership with lightspeed

check out lightspeedretail.com, it is a complete POS for retail brick and mortar and webstore, does the inventory, enables you to check inventory from anywhere you can get a wifi connection! Works off a laptop, iPad and iPhone, good for trade shows, etc etc, a shipping interface would be PERFECT!

68 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue a partnership. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

3. Add UPS SurePost to rate calculator

UPS SurePost does not show in the rate calculator when trying to determine the cheapest method for Free Shipping.

Can we get all UPS and FedEx US Postal Delivery shipping methods (i.e. UPS SurePost & Fedex SmartPost) to show in the calculator?

65 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add U-PIC (UPIC) insurance

Please add U-PIC insurance (u-pic.com) since it is cheaper than ShipSurance and hassle free to file a claim.

62 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request/voting and helping us to improve ShipStation! We will review an integration with U-PIC and let you know once we have an update.

In the meantime, you can always select “Other” as the insurance provider in ShipStation, then add the insurance to the package outside of ShipStation.

Thanks again!
    ShipStation

5. DHL eCommerce SmartMail Parcel Expedited Max

This shipping option is a game changer for expedited domestic shipping. Guaranteed 2-3 business day delivery broken down by the ounce at under 1 pound. Only problem? ShipStation / Endica won't integrate this one shipping method, forcing us to use a CSV batch upload process that's ridiculous to get the job done.

Bottom line? I'm still using CSV because the savings are worth it. Integrate the shipping method already and be done with it.

62 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. mercari (the selling app) store

I ship lots of packages to buyers on Mercari. Would love to be able to use ShipStation for printing my labels.

57 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adding different LTL freight carriers to this shipping options

Having the ability to select LTL freight carrier such AAA Cooper, Averitt Express, YRC, Old Dominion to the shipping options... and incorporating a link to these carrier's websites on the email notification the customer gets when the orders are marked as shipped. Currently we have to select "other" as the shipping carrier and creates extra customer service cases when customer can't track their shipments. Customer are used the ease of just clicking a link to track their shipments, instead of having to go to the carrier's website.

52 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Laser Ship carrier integration

I would like a new carrier for the Southeast regional. I've heard Laser Ship is great but I'm open to anyone with great rates that's doing same day & next day shipping.

49 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. edit order shopify

At this time with Shopify's new order editing feature, shipstation currently only supports adding line items to current orders.

We would like the feature to also support removal of items as well. Otherwise we have to split orders which is not efficient.

49 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. HazMat service with my already in place contract from UPS

I ship smokeless powder which qualifies as Hazmat, a feature I need. Please, as we are Mac based, UPS seems to have no plans for an Apple version of World Ship and Hazmat has to be computer generated.

48 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

@James, thanks for checking in on this one. We’re still interested in this idea and we don’t have a timeline on it. This is something that will need further investigation from our end as well as working with UPS to be able to further integrate Hazardous Material support.

11. amazon transparency

Amazon has recently introduced their "Transparency" to better track inventory and to ensure its authenticity. We carry dozens of transparency enabled products which for merchant fulfilled orders require us to scan and upload transparency codes to Amazon that are scanned off the product. Currently this upload process is manual. We'd like for ShipStation to add a feature through the Amazon API that allows a scanned transparency code to be uploaded to the order and transmitted to Amazon when tracking information is transmitted.

More on Amazon's Transparency program here: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/202008510

46 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. TNT Express Shipping Provider for International

I have TNT Express Account for International shipping.It is reliable and fast service for International. It has guaranteed delivered on time. they have two service for International, 1. Economy Express 2. Express.Express is delivered within 1 week. and Economy Express Delivered within 2 week. The Maximum charge for per pound in all over the world is $45.00 with Express Service. The Economy Express will charge $35.00 Maximum all over the world.

45 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Thank you so much for voting on this feature and helping us continue to improve ShipStation. We are currently reviewing an integration with TNT and will be sure to update you once we have made a final decision.

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to TNT and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

13. Hey! I was hoping that you would consider adding 'Faire' as a selling channel.

Faire.com has been growing like crazy & on-boarding sellers in huge amounts since November '18. They've existed much longer (originally known as Indigo Faire I believe) but have grown a lot lately and it seems like most small businesses / makers who wholesale their product are now using it. Would be great to streamline these orders in vs adding them manually. Thank you!

44 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Multiple FBA

Can SS enable having more than one FBA account linked to a SS account? We ship products for multiple companies, each with their own FBA account, but can only link a single FBA account to our SS account.

43 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Integrate with Allin1Ship

I have been using Allin1Ship for some time now and I love their service, however, they do not have a direct integration with Shipstation, this, therefore, doesn't allow me to have access to pricing or any additional benefits an integration would provide.

They told me they have direct integrations with other platforms and can go to them but I love ShipStation and don't want to leave.

Now, they are trying to integrate with Shipstation for all of their customers but ShipStation has to approve them first.

As a customer of both, I would really like to see this partnership happen…

43 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support Square POS transactions

We have a ShipStation account and use Shopify for eCommerce and we also have a retail location using Square POS. We often get customers that want to buy in store and have product shipped. Is there a way to integrate Square POS with ShipStation? All I've seen is that ShipStation only integrates with Square web sales and we don't use their web platform.

42 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind and would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue a partnership. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to Square and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

17. Sync Etsy Private Notes with Shipstation Internal Notes

We often need to make notes regarding an Etsy order. It would be nice if the private notes section of the Etsy order was automatically synced with the Internal Notes section in Shipstation.

Since all communication with the customers is done on Etsy, when a small changes or note is needed we then need to log into shipstation and add it in Internal notes. It would be much quicker if we could simply add once on the page we are already on and let it sync over to SS.

42 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

18. gunbroker

Add an Intergration for gunbroker.com (basically ebay for hunting / shooting accessories)

GunBroker.com is the world's largest online auction site for firearms and hunting/shooting accessories.

41 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We currently don’t have any updates or ETA on this integration.

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to GunBroker and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

19. add images to Walmart orders

ADD IMAGES TO WALMART ORDERS.

All the other Selling Channels have this... Kind of a no-brainer, dontcha think?????

40 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Royal Mail Tracking

Could we get royal mail tracking within shipstation? As far as I am aware there is a RM tracking API which allows pulling this information without going to the RM tracking page. Royal mail also offers delivery tracking for the 24 and 48 service which does not require signature. It would be great to have tracking information for these parcels too or at least the parcel number populated in the tracking field. Currently we have to take this from the label manually.

39 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base