Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Cart Attributes to be Mapped to CustomFields (Shopify)

Allow specific Shopify Cart Attributes to be mapped to ShipStation's CustomFields. This would need to be based on the key of the Shopify Cart Attribute. For instance, the Cart Attribute with the key of "date" might be mapped to "CustomField1".

Cart attributes are Shopify's primary extensibility point for individual orders, allowing app, theme, and shop developers to add custom properties to an order:

https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/cart/get-more-information-with-cart-attributes

CustomFields (e.g., CustomField1) are the analogous concept in ShipStation:

https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205928478-ShipStation-Custom-Store-Development-Guide#4a

ShipStation currently imports Shopify Cart Attributes as part of the [Notes From Buyer] field. ShipStation, however, does not allow Shopify Cart Attributes to be mapped to…

79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. fedex ground collect

Please add Fedex Ground Collect. This should be included and I am surprised its not. Almost every big box store I have ever shipped for requires Fedex Ground Collect. Thanks.

78 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone – Thanks for all of your feedback on this! To understand this better, it would helpful if you could let us know why this is important for you, what you are wanting to achieve and your current workflow today? We’d like for this idea to gain some traction, so feel free to provide us with more detail on this and your workflow.

3. Add Klaviyo Integration

Add Klaviyo as a supported integration like you have done for Mailchimp.

75 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "commercial invoice"

Customs 2014: Combine all requests for fixes (actually government requirements) to Customs forms (both Commercial Invoices and the 3 possible Certificate of Origins) so that they are completely system generated within ShipStation.currently there are about a dozen different requests to all focused on the incomplete customs forms generated out of SS. if you cant API to our existing complete and customs compliant forms from FedEx or UPS, please allow us a template to merge out SS shipping info onto.for any export orders over $2600, the failure of SS to go out to census.gov to get and print the required Electronic…

74 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request and helping us to improve ShipStation! We need to determine if this is possible through the carrier API. We do not actually generate any of the Commercial Invoices or Customs Forms. We send the shipment information to the carrier, then they generate the form in realtime and send it back to ShipStation so you can easily manage/print it. We will let you know once we have an update.

Thanks again for your request,
    ShipStation

5. Amazon Buy Shipping API - For Same Day Delivery

Amazon has just launched a program in majoar metro areas called Same-Day Delivery in conjunction with their new shipping settings and regionalized guaranteed delivery dates.They require that we use Dynamex as the messenger service for same day delivery and they have an API called Buy Shipping API that will allow third parties like ShipStation to display the often very competitive rates and full selection of carriers that are visible to merchants in Amazon Seller Central. The rates for same day delivery purchased through Amazon are so cheap (flat $7 for NYC metro deliveries, for example) that I expect this will…

72 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey everyone,

We are in the early stages of an integration with the Amazon Buy Shipping API! However, there are some limitations/restrictions for using this service in ShipStation.

At this time, the Amazon Buy Shipping API is only available for sellers using the “MFN Prime” service offered by Amazon. “MFN Prime” refers to orders that are listed as “Prime” on Amazon, but shipped directly by a seller. Historically, only orders that were fulfilled by Amazon (FBA) were eligible for “Prime” status. Orders not listed as “Prime” are not eligible for the Amazon Buy Shipping API in ShipStation.

If you would like to learn more about this service, and if you’re eligible to have the Amazon Buy Shipping API enabled on your ShipStation account, please contact your Account Manager or email Support@ShipStation.com

Thanks!
    ShipStation

6. A partnership with lightspeed

check out lightspeedretail.com, it is a complete POS for retail brick and mortar and webstore, does the inventory, enables you to check inventory from anywhere you can get a wifi connection! Works off a laptop, iPad and iPhone, good for trade shows, etc etc, a shipping interface would be PERFECT!

65 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue a partnership. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

7. DHL eCommerce SmartMail Parcel Expedited Max

This shipping option is a game changer for expedited domestic shipping. Guaranteed 2-3 business day delivery broken down by the ounce at under 1 pound. Only problem? ShipStation / Endica won't integrate this one shipping method, forcing us to use a CSV batch upload process that's ridiculous to get the job done.

Bottom line? I'm still using CSV because the savings are worth it. Integrate the shipping method already and be done with it.

62 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Combine/Split order using ShipStation's API

Combine/Split order using ShipStation's API

61 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

9. Add U-PIC (UPIC) insurance

Please add U-PIC insurance (u-pic.com) since it is cheaper than ShipSurance and hassle free to file a claim.

56 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request/voting and helping us to improve ShipStation! We will review an integration with U-PIC and let you know once we have an update.

In the meantime, you can always select “Other” as the insurance provider in ShipStation, then add the insurance to the package outside of ShipStation.

Thanks again!
    ShipStation

10. Delivery Time API

The ShipStation API has a "Get Rates" endpoint that allows a consumer to retrieve rates for carrier shipping services, much like the Rate Calculator in the web interface (except the API requires you to specify the carrier).

In the response, the call returns the following fields:
    - serviceName (FedEx First Overnight)
    - serviceCode (fedexfirstovernight)
    - shipmentCost (87.8)
    - otherCost (2.63)

In the web interface, it also returns Package (which I'm not too concerned about) and Delivery Time ("7 days," "3 days," etc).

It would help me tremendously to have the API report the Delivery Time for each rate…

53 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add UPS SurePost to rate calculator

UPS SurePost does not show in the rate calculator when trying to determine the cheapest method for Free Shipping.

Can we get all UPS and FedEx US Postal Delivery shipping methods (i.e. UPS SurePost & Fedex SmartPost) to show in the calculator?

50 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Laser Ship carrier integration

I would like a new carrier for the Southeast regional. I've heard Laser Ship is great but I'm open to anyone with great rates that's doing same day & next day shipping.

49 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Auto-Schedule FedEx Pickup

It would be really nice if, when you ship using FedEx, you could have an option to automatically schedule a FedEx pickup without having to go to their website separately and request a pickup.

45 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. TNT Express Shipping Provider for International

I have TNT Express Account for International shipping.It is reliable and fast service for International. It has guaranteed delivered on time. they have two service for International, 1. Economy Express 2. Express.Express is delivered within 1 week. and Economy Express Delivered within 2 week. The Maximum charge for per pound in all over the world is $45.00 with Express Service. The Economy Express will charge $35.00 Maximum all over the world.

44 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Thank you so much for voting on this feature and helping us continue to improve ShipStation. We are currently reviewing an integration with TNT and will be sure to update you once we have made a final decision.

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to TNT and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

15. HazMat service with my already in place contract from UPS

I ship smokeless powder which qualifies as Hazmat, a feature I need. Please, as we are Mac based, UPS seems to have no plans for an Apple version of World Ship and Hazmat has to be computer generated.

44 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

@James, thanks for checking in on this one. We’re still interested in this idea and we don’t have a timeline on it. This is something that will need further investigation from our end as well as working with UPS to be able to further integrate Hazardous Material support.

16. Integrate with Allin1Ship

I have been using Allin1Ship for some time now and I love their service, however, they do not have a direct integration with Shipstation, this, therefore, doesn't allow me to have access to pricing or any additional benefits an integration would provide.

They told me they have direct integrations with other platforms and can go to them but I love ShipStation and don't want to leave.

Now, they are trying to integrate with Shipstation for all of their customers but ShipStation has to approve them first.

As a customer of both, I would really like to see this partnership happen…

43 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. mercari (the selling app) store

I ship lots of packages to buyers on Mercari. Would love to be able to use ShipStation for printing my labels.

42 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. gunbroker

Add an Intergration for gunbroker.com (basically ebay for hunting / shooting accessories)

GunBroker.com is the world's largest online auction site for firearms and hunting/shooting accessories.

41 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We currently don’t have any updates or ETA on this integration.

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to GunBroker and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

19. Adding different LTL freight carriers to this shipping options

Having the ability to select LTL freight carrier such AAA Cooper, Averitt Express, YRC, Old Dominion to the shipping options... and incorporating a link to these carrier's websites on the email notification the customer gets when the orders are marked as shipped. Currently we have to select "other" as the shipping carrier and creates extra customer service cases when customer can't track their shipments. Customer are used the ease of just clicking a link to track their shipments, instead of having to go to the carrier's website.

40 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Royal Mail Tracking

Could we get royal mail tracking within shipstation? As far as I am aware there is a RM tracking API which allows pulling this information without going to the RM tracking page. Royal mail also offers delivery tracking for the 24 and 48 service which does not require signature. It would be great to have tracking information for these parcels too or at least the parcel number populated in the tracking field. Currently we have to take this from the label manually.

38 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base