Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. canada post transit days

In reference to Support case 411713 and 403810 Canada Post transit times give are NOT correct - as supplied by Canada Post API <expected-transmit-time>.

ShipStation is changing <expected-transmit-time> to include ALL days - not just business days.

Please change back to the quote as supplied by Canada Post without additional days.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Support Royal Mail IP1 code

The Royal Mail IP1 code is for international letter. This is useful for small flat orders of low value items and if not supported mean we have to pay for large letter instead.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! Does ChannelAdvisor recognize these Guaranteed Delivery orders as different from standard eBay orders within its interface? And then when they’re imported into ShipStation, they’re not being uniquely identified?

4. TCG player. We are starting to ship a lot of cards, and it would be amazing if it intergrated!

TCG is a card selling site and we're going to be shipping a lot. the downloading, uploading, and redownloading the shipping are just extra steps I'd love to bypass.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. New Zealand Post

Integrate with New Zealand Post or Fastway! Australia, UK and Canada post already available. How about NZ? We personally need this in order to continue using Shipstation. There are other shipping apps that do integrate, but have loved Shipstation for years. The API is available. Grab that market share before it's gone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Order or Item Selection for Store Connections

It would be useful to include more order or item selection options when setting up a store connecction in Shipstation and allow for changes to those settings after the connection has been made. We work as a 3PL shipping for a company that uses ChannelAdvisor, but they also have another shipping location. ChannelAdvisor lets them split the orders according to which DC has the inventory to ship, but Shipstation pulls all the orders in for both DCs. This means we get orders that we do not have inventory for and will never ship. ChannelAdvisor says its possible to only pull…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Set FedEx to show retail rates, not account rates

I would like to be able to set the option for showing FedEx retail rates vs my account rates.

Currently, the UPS connector allows for this setting to be configured manually.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Purolator in Canada, we need to tell them to come pick it up...!!! why doesnt shipstation take care of the pick up??? this would save us t

We print Purolator in Canada..all is ok..
    BUT

why dont you tell Puro to come pick it up when we print the waybills???

you should..no???

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I need a way to disable 'barcode' numbers been sent as Tracking Numbers when using services that provide no tracking

Shipstation is sending untrackable barcode numbers as tracking numbers to the Woo Commerce tracking plugin even when using un-tracked services. This creates tracking links that result in error messages when the links are followed. This is confusing for the customer and causes extra support work for us.

After discussing this at length with the Shipstation support team, I have been told that the only way disable tracking information being sent for services that do not offer tracking, is to disable tracking information being sent globally for all orders. This does not work for us, as we use a mix of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. cancel order zapier

Hi,

I am using the Zapier Shipstation integration. It is working great for orders created and orders shipped. However, the missing portion is having a trigger event as "order cancelled".

We would like to delete rows in Google Sheets for orders showing cancelled in Shipstation via Zapier, but right now there is no way to do that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Amazon Regional/Padded Envelope Options

Amazon has finally made padded envelopes as well as all regional boxes available as Postal shipping options however the Shipstation API does not support this yet. Can Shipstation please implement this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Include FBA shipping charges in estimation

Currently, ShipStation doesn't offer the pricing for FBA shipping. This would be useful as a cross-check, to ensure that what we are posting on our Squarespace site matches what we will be charged via Amazon FBA. It would be a really useful feature to have as we build our store out more, and as we ship internationally.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Warning when Shipping Cost is greater than Shipping Paid

How about a warning that can be turned on in setup, that stops an order from being shipped because the (shipping) rate is greater than (Customer) Shipping Paid amount.

This would need to happen during the shipping process AFTER the weight from the scale is imported/entered and the new rate calculates. The reason this is needed is not all stores can calculate the box to be used and add the weight to the total order weight.

An example is USPS International First Class. Up to 8 oz the rate is around $13.25. If a customer places an order for 6…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Handle null objects as part of API JSON data

When importing orders (ssapi.shipstation.com/orders/createorders) we have ran into other existing plugins causing issues. As a software engineer myself, I've debugged the problem for them and determined it's caused by the API throwing an exception when an object is null. They have given me a terrible ETA for a solution, so I'm reaching out to you to please help me fix this.

For example things that will cause any issue: [null,{"orderNumber"...."pounds"}}]}]

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Need options for free shipping, a third party software to connect return info from our selling channel to create return labels on SS

There is no way for us to offer free return shipping on our website(item based for minimising cost on weight) currently no way to connect return info from the selling channel (shopify) to ship station to automatically process a return label.. it must be processed manually =[

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. taxcloud

Integration with taxcloud.net would be amazing. This would save me about 2 hours monthly on NC sales tax reporting. I know that's not a lot but it makes it a hassle when it doesn't have to be.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Log-In/Log-Out Simplicity for Multiple Users

Holding employees accountable limits shipping mistakes, but with so many ShipStation accounts & so many Shippers (people who use ShipStation for creating labels), signing out & in becomes an inconvenience, especially on busy days. A feature that allows for an automatic sign-out after x amount of minutes of inactivity would help tremendously in pinpointing what user shipped what product as it forces whoever to sign in to their account.

Having the option to toggle between several accounts would also be helpful as log-ins/log-offs are not intervened with. Maybe having some sort of pin to toggle between the accounts would be…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. parcex

Can you please add Parcex to the list of integrated carriers. One of our biggest dropshippers is now using that service for all their shipping.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Customer Phone Number Import Bigcartel

Shipstation does not import customer phone numbers from a BigCartel store? Any chance to get this resolved?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Schedule pickups without having shipment info

We ship live plants, so we always pack the same day we ship. This is problematic for scheduling pickups since you have to do it the day before. I don't really understand why you need to have all the details about your shipments before scheduling a pickup. Instead, you should be able to schedule a generic pickup with perhaps just basic estimates about the size of the shipment, example given: 10 small boxes, 10 boxes approximately 18x18x8, and five boxes 18x18x24. This information could be automatically updated when you create a batch relevant to the shipper for that day.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base