Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Order or Item Selection for Store Connections

It would be useful to include more order or item selection options when setting up a store connecction in Shipstation and allow for changes to those settings after the connection has been made. We work as a 3PL shipping for a company that uses ChannelAdvisor, but they also have another shipping location. ChannelAdvisor lets them split the orders according to which DC has the inventory to ship, but Shipstation pulls all the orders in for both DCs. This means we get orders that we do not have inventory for and will never ship. ChannelAdvisor says its possible to only pull…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. I need a way to disable 'barcode' numbers been sent as Tracking Numbers when using services that provide no tracking

Shipstation is sending untrackable barcode numbers as tracking numbers to the Woo Commerce tracking plugin even when using un-tracked services. This creates tracking links that result in error messages when the links are followed. This is confusing for the customer and causes extra support work for us.

After discussing this at length with the Shipstation support team, I have been told that the only way disable tracking information being sent for services that do not offer tracking, is to disable tracking information being sent globally for all orders. This does not work for us, as we use a mix of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Amazon Regional/Padded Envelope Options

Amazon has finally made padded envelopes as well as all regional boxes available as Postal shipping options however the Shipstation API does not support this yet. Can Shipstation please implement this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Include FBA shipping charges in estimation

Currently, ShipStation doesn't offer the pricing for FBA shipping. This would be useful as a cross-check, to ensure that what we are posting on our Squarespace site matches what we will be charged via Amazon FBA. It would be a really useful feature to have as we build our store out more, and as we ship internationally.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Warning when Shipping Cost is greater than Shipping Paid

How about a warning that can be turned on in setup, that stops an order from being shipped because the (shipping) rate is greater than (Customer) Shipping Paid amount.

This would need to happen during the shipping process AFTER the weight from the scale is imported/entered and the new rate calculates. The reason this is needed is not all stores can calculate the box to be used and add the weight to the total order weight.

An example is USPS International First Class. Up to 8 oz the rate is around $13.25. If a customer places an order for 6…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Handle null objects as part of API JSON data

When importing orders (ssapi.shipstation.com/orders/createorders) we have ran into other existing plugins causing issues. As a software engineer myself, I've debugged the problem for them and determined it's caused by the API throwing an exception when an object is null. They have given me a terrible ETA for a solution, so I'm reaching out to you to please help me fix this.

For example things that will cause any issue: [null,{"orderNumber"...."pounds"}}]}]

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Need options for free shipping, a third party software to connect return info from our selling channel to create return labels on SS

There is no way for us to offer free return shipping on our website(item based for minimising cost on weight) currently no way to connect return info from the selling channel (shopify) to ship station to automatically process a return label.. it must be processed manually =[

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. taxcloud

Integration with taxcloud.net would be amazing. This would save me about 2 hours monthly on NC sales tax reporting. I know that's not a lot but it makes it a hassle when it doesn't have to be.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Log-In/Log-Out Simplicity for Multiple Users

Holding employees accountable limits shipping mistakes, but with so many ShipStation accounts & so many Shippers (people who use ShipStation for creating labels), signing out & in becomes an inconvenience, especially on busy days. A feature that allows for an automatic sign-out after x amount of minutes of inactivity would help tremendously in pinpointing what user shipped what product as it forces whoever to sign in to their account.

Having the option to toggle between several accounts would also be helpful as log-ins/log-offs are not intervened with. Maybe having some sort of pin to toggle between the accounts would be…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. parcex

Can you please add Parcex to the list of integrated carriers. One of our biggest dropshippers is now using that service for all their shipping.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Alternative SKU mapping

Alternative SKU mapping. It would be great if you could set up a alternative sku for when orders are imported from a source. If you have a running change you could use existing data and create a rule would look for Alternative SKU field 1st if blank it would import under SKU field 1 (the original sku). This would hours of manual data entry and changes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. DHL Packages ON HOLD

DHL consistenly sends us emails in regards to International Packages on hold and claims that ShipStation is not submitting the tracking data to their site OR the data is sent then lost in the ether.

It would be helpful to find a fix for this so packages are not delayed multiple days in a row and having to use the chat now feature to send Shipstation several tracking numbers. Some kind of "resubmit tracking" in the shipments would help maybe? Allow me to do what the chat support is doing?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. InPost

Please integrate InPost. They are a UK locker drop off courier service.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Exporting shipping carrier

Currently ShipStation only sends tracking numbers to ChannelAdvisor and not shipping carrier/class information. This can cause problems if an order is shipped via a different carrier than what has been specified by ChannelAdvisor and imported into ShipStation. If ShipStation would also export shipping carrier information along with the tracking no. if may eliminate some of these problems.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Brandboom Intergration

HI! I think wholesale businesses would really benefit from intergrations with wholesale platforms. I personally use Brandboom and would like to see an intergration. Other platforms are NuOrder and Joor.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Integration with Parcel pro

parcel pro( ups company ) design for watches, sunglasses sellers.
    Provide discounted UPS rates.
    Please integrate with them so that we can easily provide buyers UPS 2nd day air and UPS next day options.

https://www.parcelpro.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Access to Inventory data on Zapier

It would be nice to be able to pull over Inventory information from ShipStation. This could be a trigger or a search step.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enforce size limits when estimating

I had an overseas customer ask about shipping one of our products to Argentina. Box is 22x22x13, weight 9 pounds. When I price this in Shipstation, I'm given options for USPS Priority Mail International and USPS Express Mail International at around $80-100 price. But if I go to USPS.com and price it, I'm only given Global Express Guaranteed as an option, the price for this is $550. After much digging, I found that there is a limit of 79 inches for girth+length of the package. Even though I entered this into Shipstation's estimator, it did not consider this. Support says…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. QB Online Auto Sync

It would be great if orders would auto-sync to QB online. Currently it is manual only, but we do a few of these and I think you'd steal lots of business from Shippingeasy and webgility. Also passing variation/description detail to the qb would be good.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Use Zapier to cancel an order as long it's not shipped yet

Hello,

I'm using the Zapier ShipStation integration. When an order is made on sendowl (our payment gateway) a new order is created in shipstation.

That works great!

Sometimes we have to cancel an order in sendowl that we would like to cancel in shipstation as well as long it's not shipped yet.

Can you add the action "Cancels an order" in the Zapier ShipStation integration?

That would help a lot.

Thanks so much!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base