Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Text message alerts for Delivery

It would be great if customers could get a text message alert when their product is delivered. As an avid amazon shopper I love these alerts. And we ship a perishable product so it would be great for our customers to know their item has arrived

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Add the Hold At FedEx Location service to Shipstation

Would like to see the "Hold at FedEx Location" added to the shipping options in ShipStation for FedEx.

We offer this as an option to our customers so they do not have to worry about items being stolen or "misplaced" while they are away from home.
    It also allows us to ship Via Ground which saves us money on shipping cost.

34 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your comments and feedback everyone! We are still reviewing this idea.

As updating/adding features to an integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to FedEx and expressing your interest in adding this feature to ShipStation to help expedite this process.

3. Support Square Modifiers in Transactions

Somewhat surprisingly Shipstation does not support syncing square modifiers (a fairly important part of a sales transaction) which means that a user has to log into square and look at every order before shipping.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Access to Inventory data on Zapier

It would be nice to be able to pull over Inventory information from ShipStation. This could be a trigger or a search step.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add 'Package Delivered' As A Zapier.com Trigger

I'm using the shipstation + zapier integrations and I love them!

I'm getting to the point in my business where I'd like to use 'delivery confirmations' as a trigger inside of zapier, so that I can automatically text my customers (like the big box companies do) when it's officially at their front door.

What would it take to set 'delivery confirmation' up as a trigger inside of zapier?

Thanks so much,
    Chais

20 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Shopify Fulfillment Status Update into Shipstation

We use a dropshipper to fulfill some of the items that we sell. When a multiple orders comes in with part of it being fulfilled within Shipstation and part of it being fulfilled by the dropshipper, and we split the order within Shipstation, whenever the dropshipper ships their portion of the order, Shipstation never becomes aware of the status update, and it remains in our Awaiting Shipment queue and needs to be manually removed. It is burdensome. We use Shipworks as well, and it is able to perform the function of removing a shipment from the shipping queue if another…

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. DHL eCommerce SmartMail Parcel Expedited Max

This shipping option is a game changer for expedited domestic shipping. Guaranteed 2-3 business day delivery broken down by the ounce at under 1 pound. Only problem? ShipStation / Endica won't integrate this one shipping method, forcing us to use a CSV batch upload process that's ridiculous to get the job done.

Bottom line? I'm still using CSV because the savings are worth it. Integrate the shipping method already and be done with it.

62 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Schedule Pickup with FedEx & DHL

Need a way to schedule a pickup when booking with Fedex/DHL etc. We don't necessarily have a pickup scheduled every day, for all carriers. The whole point of this interface is to reduce time inputting & executing orders. If we have to go login to Fedex or DHL every time we need to book a pickup it loses its effectiveness.

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Expand XML fields - ShipByDate

Please upgrade/update the XML schema to be closer in alignment with your API models. Currently, for example, I'm unable to pass "shipByDate" via XML for custom stores. I don't have API access to another company's shipstation because they have sensitive data. They would prefer to use a "Custom Store" via the XML feed, but we're unable to send sufficient data points like you can in the API.

Ideally, the data points should match between API and XML feed.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Integration with eShipper

Integrate eShipper for shipping solution.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue a partnership. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to eShipper and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

11. Allow ecommerce bridge for ship quote with dimensional

I love Shipstation, but there are still some holes that could make your product more competitive and truly useful.

Dimensional shipping is a problem for many large ecommerce shops, or shops that offer a wide variety of products. As we all know shipping is actually based on volume, not weight. Yet most ecommerce packages can not give a correct ship quote for larger items as they do not quote the volume of the items.

Some shops address this by building the shipping costs into the item they are selling, but this only works well if the customer is buying one…

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Automatically choose the cheapest shipping for PRIME orders

I think if there was an option where it would automatically choose the cheapest rate from Amazon Shipping for Prime orders that would be really helpful. For example, our automation has everything going out FedEx 2 day. However in some areas in New York we could still ship priority, where other parts of New York we can only ship 2day even though it's in the same zone.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. parcel

Please integrate i-parcel from UPS for international shipping into shipstation.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Royal Mail Door Step scanning

All our UK Parcels with Royal Mail are now scanned on the doorstep when they are delivered or a delivery attempt is made. When I used the Royal Mail DMO app you’d be able to get the tracking/parcel number to see if it had been scanned or delivery attempted.

I’ve tried to see if I can get it from the printed label but can’t seem to get that working.

In Shipstation at the moment it only supplies a click through link for internationally tracked items.

Would you be able to forward a request to add this ability to Shipstation. The…

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Parcelforce UK integration

Parcelforce is part of Royal Mail and a large carrier service in the UK, please consider an integration to expand the options available to the UK.

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Odoo

You should connect to the Open Source ERP software Odoo!

They would be an easy connection, and very helpful for us!

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. API - Make Custom Package types available via API

Allow custom package types, setup in SHIPPING > PACKAGES > Your Packaging, to be passed via the API. We import shipment data via API to Tableau reporting server. Having NULL values under package type makes it tough to report on volume for specific package types.

30 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

18. gorgias

Would love to see an automated integration with top rated customer service app Gorgias

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Canada Post GST/HTS Reporting

Currently, Shipstation does not break out the GST/HST tax that is part of the cost of each label the shipper pays to ship within Canada. This value is returned (or can be requested) via Canada Post's web API. Canadaian businesses need to report the amount of this tax they have paid. All we would need is for SS to request the tax in the API and record it for each label created.If we could export this field in SS reporting, we'd be able to significantly improve automation of our accounting. Note: I am not speaking of the tax collected on…

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add support for FedEx Trade Networks and other customs brokers

With our old shipping software we had the ability to add in customs brokers (such as FedEx Trade Networks) for our Canada International orders. ShipStation doesn't currently support this. Adding this functionality would greatly simplify our workflow!

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base