Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

The ShipStation Feedback Forum collects your ideas and allows you to vote and comment on other ideas so our product team can understand what new features are most important to you or what business challenges we need to address next.

Everyone has 20 votes to spend on ideas that are important to them (but you can comment as much as you like). 

While all ideas will get reviewed, it's simply not possible for all ideas to make it onto the product roadmap. The more activity an idea has, however, the more likely it is to be considered. So, be sure to check if your idea has already been posted so you can add your votes and comments to it! 

Suggestions for Writing a Great Idea Post

• Write a title to succinctly summarize your post. Other users should be able to identify if their idea is similar to yours just by reading the title so they will know to vote and comment on it!
  • Explain the problem you are trying to solve and what you think should be added or changed in ShipStation to solve this problem. 
  • Describe how you would use this feature or how you think it should function to serve your need.
  • Attach a screenshot to help illustrate your point. 
  • Put the idea in the category that best fits what you are trying to accomplish (for example: Order Management, Insights & Reporting, or Printing & Documents).

What to Expect With an Idea 

Our moderators will regularly review posts to ensure:
    • They are categorized in a logical way. If not, they may move them to the proper category. 
    • The title accurately reflects the idea content so others can understand. If not, they may edit the post title to help others identify posts they want to vote and comment on.
    • That posts are really ideas and not bug reports or issues that require contacting our support team. 
    • That any request that has an existing solution or can be accomplished with existing features gets a response to let everyone know a solution or feature already exists and how to learn about it.
Our moderators will also update the statuses of posts as they are considered by our product team. If an idea makes it onto the roadmap, we'll update the idea status from Planned to Started to Completed as work progresses on the idea. If an idea is declined or archived, our moderator will update the status to indicate so and you will receive your votes back to use on other ideas in the future. 

Finally, if more information is needed on an idea, the moderator will post a reply to ask for them. If it is your idea or you have commented on the idea, you should receive an email notification when this occurs.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please offer other USPS postage providers besides Stamps.com/Endicia

Please offer other USPS postage providers other than Stamps.com/Endicia.
    Their service is terrible, always technical glitches and interruptions.
    They are always making unauthorized charges.
    And they'll shut account down and hold them ******* for money with no warning and no reason.

There HAS to be a better way to get USPS postage.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Shipstation - Can you please offer/integrate Live Carrier shipping pricing with Squarespace?

Hi Shipstation - Can you please offer/integrate Live Carrier shipping pricing with Squarespace?

Shipstation provides this to Shopify and Big Commerce customers/integrations.

This is an absolutely necessity, and it makes little sense to not include this feature.

What is the reason why this is currently not included with the integration?

Thank you for your prompt assistance and support.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Shipstation to Connect to GSL

It would be great if Shipstation developed the integration to connect into the United States Gold Star Line (GSL) shipping carrier service. Currently there is no connection.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow user customization / mapping of order info from SS to Quickbooks Online

When orders are imported to QBO from ShipStation, ShipStation creates a seemingly arbitrary sales receipt number with an SS prefix, and takes our order number (used everywhere else) and puts it in a memo. Also, an SS prefix is attached to all product SKU's.

There should be an option for the user to customize this mapping, so that the order number can be used as the QBO sales receipt number, or the actual product SKU to be imported, rather than SS-"product SKU".

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. DHL eCommerce Australia

Please add DHL eCommerce as a carrier option for Australia

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Expand Amazon Buy for use with other order aggregation platforms

We use a system called Cin7 that aggregates orders from our Shipstation, Magento and Shopify accounts and pushes them all into Shipstation for shipping. We are also seller fulfilled prime and would like to be able to use that feature in Shipstation. It would help us a lot to be able to have the Buy Amazon feature enabled for more than just the direct Amazon and ChannelAdvisor connections. This way we wouldn't have to fulfill seller fulfilled prime orders directly in Amazon and would increase our productivity tremendously.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Integrate Amazon's Blank Box service

Amazon FBA now has an ability to ship via Blank Box without any of their branding on it.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Dimensions Woocommerce

Add Dimensions in the Woocommerce Sync.
    It is a major pain to have to RE-MEASURE every product, when the data is already in our woocommerce database.
    I compensated for this, but editing your integration for now... and will just have to keep it up with every new version until you add this capability natively.

In includes/api-requests/class-wc-shipstation-api-export.php
    Line 244 (within the product->needs_shipping() section)
    I added the following

$dimensions_xml = $xml->createElement('Dimensions') ;

$this->xml_append( $dimensions_xml, 'Length', $product->get_length() );
    $this->xml_append( $dimensions_xml, 'Width', $product->get_width() );
    $this->xml_append( $dimensions_xml, 'Height', $product->get_height() );
    $item_xml->appendchild( $dimensions_xml );

And that updated your XML to include:

<Dimensions>

<Length><![CDATA[60]]></Length>
    <Width><![CDATA[3]]></Width>
    <Height><![CDATA[14]]></Height>
    </Dimensions>
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Suggest that you either clarify the language or link to the documentation - Setting Order Status

In the Setting Order Statuses section of the Store Setup, the prompt text doesn't clarify that there are a fixed set of Status values that SS can import (from Woo Commerce, at least). I had a bit of a runaround because I was trying to map the Woo status "Invoice" to SS's Awaiting Payment status.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. adding carrier Dicom

it would be create to have carrier DIcom in shipstation they offer very very low cost of shipping

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. intercom

Hi hope you are well. Is there any way shipstation connects to intercom?
    https://www.intercom.com/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hermes ShipStation Integration carrier appears as "Other" when updating my store.

After a lenghty discussion with customer support, the ShipStation api is providing the carrier as "other" when sending data to my WooCommerce store. I don't see why this cant be updated in the ShipStation code. This is using the ShipStation Provided Hermes Carrier and not my own "Business" accoount.

I am manually having to modify existing code from the Woocommerce plugin because the data passed from ShipStation to Woocommerce is incorrect, and this is not ideal as ShipStation is meant to save time :(

See the attached file for the Woo-Commerce log with customer data omitted, the Carrier is entered…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Vtex Platform Integration

I would like to have integration with our Vtex Commerce platform. Actually, we use them in 4 eCommerce in three different countries, Portugal, Colombia and US. www.vtex.com

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. squarespace

I would like to have the ablity to map SquareSpace fields to different fields in ShipStaton. I have been made aware custom field mapping exists with other website hosts, but it's not available for SquareSpace.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. USPS dangerous goods

Is there any chance you can enable shipping of dangerous goods through USPS? Your competitors have that ability but I would rather us ShipStation, given the choice.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Save tracked delivery proof for USPS tracked orders, as numbers are recycled

Because USPS recycles tracking numbers more frequently now, when looking up a tracking for a claim USPS has already recycled the number - which some scammers use to their advantage. If upon delivery a screenshot of something we could use as proof of delivery was saved in the sale file, it would help for those times when months later a customer claims something wasn't delivered but the number was recycled.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow the purchase of postage with a non US debit card or PayPal

I manage the shipping for a UK based designer and the bank account used for the business is in the UK.

This has blocked me completely from purchasing postage making my account on here useless.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Woocommerce Shipping Insurance option

I would like to offer optional shipping insurance at checkout on my woocommerce website. It would be awesome if shipstation had an integration or plugin for this like some of the other shipping platforms.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Verification of Postcode/Zipcode

Verification of the delivery address postcode/zipcode needs to be installed. Currently we have had a couple of orders where the first line of the address has been similar and the address has verified to a completely different city, with completely different postcode. Postcode was YO but was changed by Verification to TQ. Surely a Verification of delivery address should take into consideration the city and especially postcode/zipcode!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. jetti

Would love to see an easy way to link Shipstation with Jetti e-commerce platforms.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base