Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Delivered Flag in API

Add a field in the response for get shipment and get order to indicate if the shipment has been delivered.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. leave at door - Purolator

Add the Leave At Door option in the Label for Purolator. We sign a contract with them that all of our order are left at the door but we cannot select the option in shipstation

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Send a delivery confirmation SMS to customer

Amazon is the leader in this area. They send an SMS when the order has shipped (first mail stream activity), when there is an issue, and when the package has been delivered. This is such a basic requirement today, that I find it very surprising that ShipStation doesn't have this capability. You can't be a world class operation, without this capability. Please add it ASAP.While you build your own SMS gateway, you can utilize WOMBAT to integrate to Twillio and make this capability available in less than a day. Charge your customer 2 to 3 cents per text message which…

114 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue a partnership.

If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

4. Laser Ship carrier integration

I would like a new carrier for the Southeast regional. I've heard Laser Ship is great but I'm open to anyone with great rates that's doing same day & next day shipping.

49 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. gunbroker

Add an Intergration for gunbroker.com (basically ebay for hunting / shooting accessories)

GunBroker.com is the world's largest online auction site for firearms and hunting/shooting accessories.

41 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We currently don’t have any updates or ETA on this integration.

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to GunBroker and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

6. Add insurance option to shipping calculator

It would be nice if there was a field in the shipping calculator that will allow us to quote the shipping cost with the carrier insurance included. Right now, we have to either make an order, or click Create Label and then add the value and go through each shipping method to give the customer an accurate cost.

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, @Devin! Thanks for taking the time to bring this up! We’ll keep your idea in mind when looking to update the Rate Calculator. For now, we’d like to see what other users have to say about this before moving forward.

If you haven’t already, please comment with your thoughts and how often you’’re using the Rate Calculator to quote your customers.

If you’re using Shipsurance, here is helpful information about their rates: http://www.shipstation.com/insurance-terms-and-conditions/

7. FedEX Dangerous goods shipping for expidited air shipments

We ship FedEx ground primarily but in the winter months would like the option to do expedited air shipments even though our product is a dangerous good in the air. Plus DG paperwork is cumbersome while also requiring the upmost accuracy. With similar templates to what is already provided that could greatly streamline our process and allow us to do more with shipstation.

25 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Thank you so much for voting on this feature and helping us continue to improve ShipStation. We are currently reviewing the option to support Dangerous Goods via FedEx and will be sure to update you once we have made a final decision. Please note that our integrated FedEx reseller, FirstMile, does currently support this functionality given their relationship with FedEx. I recommend contacting them for more information.

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

8. Pricefalls integration

Anyone else want to see Shipstation integrated with Pricefalls?

30 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Thank you so much for voting on this feature and helping us continue to improve ShipStation. We are currently reviewing an integration with Pricefalls and will be sure to update you once we have made a final decision.

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to Pricefalls and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

9. Do you wish you could send shipping cost back to ChannelAdvisor or mark orders as partially shipped?

It's possible! ChannelAdvisor now allows via it's API the ability to update line items as shipped instead of the whole order (as ShipStation currently does). Through this mysterious magic of API, they can also send the Shipping Cost, Shipping Tax Cost, and Insurance Cost to ChannelAdvisor. Just image what you could do with all that data! Oh the reports you could run. I bet you're saying to yourself "Wow, that sounds wonderful. How can I help make this happen?"...All you need to do is upvote this post so that ShipStation sees the err of their deprecated API ways.

22 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request and helping us to improve ShipStation! We will review options for the adding this functionality to our current integration. We’ll let you know once we have an update!

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

10. Stop Importing Irrelevant Order Information as "Internal Notes" From Magento

Basically Shipstation imports Magento's internal Paypal and payment processing notes (Like IP Address or Transaction ID etc.) as Internal Notes, cluttering up the Internal Notes boxes that could be useful to put customer information etc. in them. It'd be great if there was a way to stop them from auto importing.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request and helping us to improve ShipStation! We will review this request and let you know once we have an update. Its important to note that these internal notes from Magento might be part of other users workflow, so we cannot remove them. However, we will research alternative solutions and let you know once we have a update.

Thank you,
    ShipStation

11. Import ALL information from Squarespace product forms

I have certain options for my customs to choose when purchasing my products, and their choices - which pop up via squarespace forms when they add these products to their cart - don't import into Shipstation. This results in a Pick List which is insufficient and therefore, unusable.Specifically for me - I offer up to 3 complimentary samples to trade of my wallpaper line - so this is one product of mine. Complimentary Samples for Trade Professionals.They add this to their carts, and are prompted to choose which Line and Colorway they want samples of. Thank you!

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request and helping us to improve ShipStation! We can only display information sent from SquareSpace through the API feed in ShipStation. If the information is not displaying in ShipStation now, I recommend contacting SquareSpace to request they add this data to the order information sent to ShipStation. Once this has been done, we should be able to accurately determine if this order data can be mapped into ShipStation.

Thanks!
    ShipStation

12. Integration with VendorNet for drop shipping retail relationships.

Some of our pending retail relationships use VendorNet and we would like to keep all shipping within ShipStation, so an integration with VendorNet would be great.

33 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind, but would like to see more interest from other ShipStation users before we pursue a partnership. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to VendorNet and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

Thank you,

ShipStation

13. Solid Commerce Integration

Solid Commerce is an inventory management tool similar to Channel Adviser. It helps to list your inventory to the various marketplaces such as eBay, Amazon, Rakuten, Newegg, Sears, and your personal website in one shot. It also stores all of your inventory in one central location so you can have you full quantity on every site instead of dividing inventory up between multiple marketplaces which can result in lost sales. Solid Commerce does also bring in all orders from the various sites so this integration would be great because then tracking numbers and shipping data can be updated on the…

24 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thank you for your feedback on Solid Commerce. While we do not currently have a native integration we do have an ecosystem of solution partners who may be able to help. For more information please complete the integration request form and we will have someone reach out to learn more about your integration needs. https://hubs.ly/H0xYDKj0

14. Please integrate with Shipped By NewEgg fulfillment

I use Shipped By NewEgg for quote some packages and it would be nice, if I could use it with the same streamlined easiness as Amazon FBA.

23 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind, but would like to see more interest from other ShipStation users before we pursue a partnership. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

Thank you,

ShipStation

15. Billing only customs/duty fees to a 3rd party account (UPS International)

It would be nice to be able to bill only the customs/brokerage fees to a 3rd party UPS account. Such an option is available in WorldShip, but not in ShipStation.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request and helping us to improve ShipStation! We will need to take a look at the UPS Shipper API to determine if this will be possible with our current infrastructure. We will be sure to update you once we have more information.

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

16. FedEx Freight - LTL

We would like to ship our LTL items under our FedEx Freight account for LTL items. This is for Economy Shipping and Expedited by ground not AIR.

161 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

We are still interested in supporting LTL Freight. However, our current infrastructure does not support any LTL shipping providers. We will continue to review the integration and let you know once any updates occur.

Thanks again!
    ShipStation

17. "commercial invoice"

Customs 2014: Combine all requests for fixes (actually government requirements) to Customs forms (both Commercial Invoices and the 3 possible Certificate of Origins) so that they are completely system generated within ShipStation.currently there are about a dozen different requests to all focused on the incomplete customs forms generated out of SS. if you cant API to our existing complete and customs compliant forms from FedEx or UPS, please allow us a template to merge out SS shipping info onto.for any export orders over $2600, the failure of SS to go out to census.gov to get and print the required Electronic…

77 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request and helping us to improve ShipStation! We need to determine if this is possible through the carrier API. We do not actually generate any of the Commercial Invoices or Customs Forms. We send the shipment information to the carrier, then they generate the form in realtime and send it back to ShipStation so you can easily manage/print it. We will let you know once we have an update.

Thanks again for your request,
    ShipStation

18. CommerceHub Integration

You really need to integrate with CommerceHUB. WE just signed up with HomeDepot.com online portal and the require the use of CommerceHUB to fulfill orders through their system. This is a large company that services huge online companies like bestbuy, walmart, toysrus and more. Please get an integration set up asap and take over the shipping integration world!

163 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A partnership with lightspeed

check out lightspeedretail.com, it is a complete POS for retail brick and mortar and webstore, does the inventory, enables you to check inventory from anywhere you can get a wifi connection! Works off a laptop, iPad and iPhone, good for trade shows, etc etc, a shipping interface would be PERFECT!

68 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue a partnership. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

20. HazMat service with my already in place contract from UPS

I ship smokeless powder which qualifies as Hazmat, a feature I need. Please, as we are Mac based, UPS seems to have no plans for an Apple version of World Ship and Hazmat has to be computer generated.

48 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

@James, thanks for checking in on this one. We’re still interested in this idea and we don’t have a timeline on it. This is something that will need further investigation from our end as well as working with UPS to be able to further integrate Hazardous Material support.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base