Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create Multiple Shipping Labels or Batches on Mobile App

Is there a way to create batches of labels on the mobile app vs. creating one by one? It would be convenient if we can ship orders in batches off our mobile app.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    11 comments  ·  ShipStation Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @Sunil, thanks for bringing this up! Currently you can only make one label at a time with ShipStation Mobile. Can you tell me more about how you’re using the mobile app to ship orders and what you’re expecting to do with it?

2. Adding inventory through Mobile app warehouse location

Your customers would benefit greatly from warehouse location available on the mobile app. We use our phones (handhelds) to do inventory control as well as order pick. So, without warehouse location we cannot use the mobile app for adding and checking inventory. Instead we end up using the website through a tablet but that doesn't have your great UI like the mobile app. I see a lot of customers are chiming in on this development, but our thought is for adding inventory to our bin locations through bar code scan. So yeah, include a bar-code scan capability too.

OK Thank…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  ShipStation Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Being able to void a shipping label from the mobile app

We would like to be able to void shipping labels directly from the mobile app. Being able to handle customer service request as such on the go would speed up our business process. Thank you

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  ShipStation Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @kalrakov thanks for bringing this up! We’d like for your idea to gain some traction before moving forward.

Please add your thoughts, examples, or workflows here in the forum to help us and others understand your goals.

4. Product Scanner for Shipstation Mobile

Hi,

We are trying to eliminate human error in packaging and picking our product. It would be helpful to have a barcode scan feature on Shipstation Mobile in order to pick and assign labels to products.

Jesse

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ShipStation Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add to my Stamps funds from the shipstation mobile app / Why can't we do this??

Amazon sellers get paid via the creation of the label, so if it is the 14 day cut off and you would like to be paid for all sales up to this cutoff time - it would be nice if the mobile app allowed stamps funds to be added like the desktop version. I'm not sure why this wasn't put in the mobile app to begin with? Also its nice to see your labels waiting for you when you come in each day- one less task for the morning, I'm a "Company of One" so i need all the efficiency…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  ShipStation Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mobile pick

Mobile Pick Lists with Scan function

It would be great if you could use the Mobile App to view your orders and Scan the Product to mark the item as Picked, therefore letting the warehouse know that the item is ready to be shipped. Currently we have to Print a manual pick list which goes to the warehouse then another person has to print the shipping labels of orders that have been picked. Having this function in the mobile App could save time and paper. Please can we have it as a feature request.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Product search and Location on Mobile version

It would be nice to be able to search for a product within my warehouse on the mobile version and it show the current stock location. This would help with restocking shelves and aid stock movements within the business.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add auto-funding trigger from mobile app

We use the mobile app at the warehouse to generate labels. The auto-funding feature does not initiate from there so when the funds are low the fulfillment is halted until we can get to a computer at an office location. Ideally the mobile app would also trigger a fund transfer when necessary to support label creation.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. carrier pickup on mobile

It seems the only thing that cannot be accomplished on mobile (at least in my use case) is scheduling a carrier pickup. We use the stamps.com account for UPS so they don't come everyday, nor do we ship everyday.

I would love to see scheduling a carrier pickup become a feature for the mobile app.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. mark as paid

We need the ability to "mark as paid" an order in the Shipstation Mobile app. Given that we currently can't automate orders in awaiting payment status, the next best thing is to be able to mark them as paid so we can ship them.

The mobile app seems very full featured, but this should be easy to include and it isn't

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create a shipment with multiple packages within the mobile app

We've recently swapped to using mobile scanners to print shipping labels but it's crazy that the app doesnt support multiple packages per shipment. Its providing issues with our new set up. Hopefully this can be added quickly.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to COPY USPS tracking number on iOS Mobile App

I regularly use the iOS app to check tracking numbers and paste to customers regarding their order. However, if I click on the tracking number it doesn't allow me to COPY it so I can paste into emails. Please fix.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. apk

I have two Motorola/Zebra MC40 Android devices with scanners built in to the product. The devices unfortunately are not able to use the Google Play Store, so they are unable to download the Shipstation Mobile App. It would simplify my team's workflow greatly if we were able to sideload an APK of the file directly on to the device.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base