Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. WooCommerce gift note import

WooCommerce has a "This is a gift" feature visible during checkout, a lot like Amazon. Amazon orders import gift notes automatically, but WooCommerce gift notes are not imported, at least not to the "gift note" field. It would be great if it were possible to import data straight into the gift note field from WooCommerce.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Importing Product Templates from the Marketplace into Manual Orders

Hello,

I get a fair amount of orders through email and payments through PayPal that never actually enter the marketplace (woocommerce) that I use. Because of this I end up creating manual orders often enough that I've begun to feel like my process is very inefficient.

All of the products ordered through my website automatically come in through the marketplace with pictures, weights, and names already attached to them. All these saved templates are in my marketplace and have been entered manually. I was really hoping there was a way to connect my marketplace product templates to Shipstation in a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Tagging / Segmenting by unique order item configurations

We had a large amount of orders that we needed to ship out in a 48 hour period. The customers only had 3 products to choose from and they could order up to 3 items of any combination of those three. We want to batch print each combination so that we can streamline fulfillment and are having trouble doing so with tags or automation rules. There doesnt seem to be a straightforward way to do it and SS support hasn't been able to supply a good strategy. For example, an order that contained two of product A and one of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add the same detail to the Shipping services as the Standalone product detail shipping tab

Combine or at least make the Shipping Services information the same as the Standalone Product Detail shipping tab.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add Internal Product ID Column Option When Viewing Products

This change is simple. I shouldn't have to write code to get the list of product IDs for the products I add. It should be available on the standard product dashboard. So, when I view the list of products, you have a Columns feature already there. I can turn on/off columns I want to see. All I'm asking for is that you add one called Product ID or Internal Product ID or Developer Product ID (whatever you want to call it) so that I can view that and change my source code's config file with the new product.

I've already…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create locations by csv

Create locations by csv will be helpful when u have more than 3000 locations in your warehouse I think that will improve the process a lot

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Folders for Products

I would love to be able to organize our hundreds of products by having the ability to create folders

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. ShipStation app in BigCommerce Product Sync!

The "Products" tab of the Ship Station app in Big Commerce should have an additional button option that allows users to sync product changes made within BC to populate into SS. The button would be right next to: "Import | Export | Update" (the "Update" is my suggestion). This would trigger the same "product import" that occurs when a user initially sets up the SS app in BigCommerce. It would offer a warning to the user that all product data would be synched with the product data found in BC, updating all SKUs in ShipStation. I am surprised that this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide option to add package dimensions and weights at variant level

We have setup each SKU as 1-pack, 2-pack and 12-packs variants. We also have a package defined for the 12-pack. It would be conveinent to define the dimensions of the package and weight at the 12-pack variant level. At the time of order creation, as we add many 12-pack variants across SKUs, it should add multiple 12 pack packages to the order. Right now there is way either to process this using an automation rule or product / shipping presets to quickly process orders. This is possible only through a manual entry. Imagine an order with 12 SKUs with varying…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Products > Stand Alone Product Detail > Shipping > Check Box (Combine Packages)

We mainly sell and ship boxes, when customer order more than one unit of same products or other products, shipstation combine weight of all products in one package, we like a setting in product where we can choose to not combine, so we can see multiple packages

Products > Stand Alone Product Detail > Shipping > Combine Packages (Check Box, by default checked)

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow multiple boxes to be set in shipping defaults of product

I have single products that ship in multiple boxes with each box being their own unique size and weight. With FedEx and UPS charging by dimensional weight of each box instead of shipment weight It would be very beneficial to be able to save this to the product detail. This will remove the human error factor in hoping my shipping team applies the correct package preset at the label creating process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

12. Automation Rule to Add Line Items

Hello my dear ShipStation friends. We ship for 40+ companies who use ShipStation. A tool that would be EXTREMELY beneficial for us, is the ability to add a line item if someone orders a specific item. Adding a note to the order just doesn't cut it for our inventory management system.

For example,

If SKU = [example SKU A], then add a line item for [example SKU B]

As a fulfillment center, we keep track of inventory in a management system that tracks them by line items. Our clients then pull inventory from our system. However, say a company has…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. customs declaration multiple lines, and freight addition

In the default customs declaration, under the product tab, we need to have the ability to add multiple line items. I can import packages into shipstation, but can not provide correct documentation when shipping internationally. I know I can add more lines, once in the order, but what good is a preset if it's not capable to ship multiple products with different values. Simply add the (+ADD DECLARATION) function into the preset tab under products. This would be great, and should have been available from the start. Also, currently there is no way to add freight charges for the customs…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Incoming Stocks section on the Inventory Management module

This section will show a data or number of incoming units for each item. We believe, it will be a great help to manage inventory.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Track stock by store

It would be great if we can enable/disable stock tracking per store instead of per Shipstation account. We only have 1 store that we manage our products through SS. When we import the csv file, we have to enable track stock. Once import is done, we have to disable. Just would be nice to pick the feature per store.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Report that shows orders ship in ShipStation, Mark as Ship, and update by Channel from awaiting shipment to Shipped

Currently you cannot get 3 of them in one screen for a specify shipped date.
    You can get regular shipped order and Mark as Ship order under Orders menu> Shipped section then choose a range of date then export order(ltem lines )
    Once exported there is a field for shipped orders only missing those orders updated by Channel

If shipped date was available to filter and result include those updated by channel update would be perfect.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Apply Product Attribute Changes to Aliases

Changes made to a master SKU ("surviving product"), like name changes, UPC changes, tags, category assignment, shipping settings, etc, should be automatically propagated to their aliases as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Option To Display Fewer Products

We discovered that the Products page does not load quickly for companies with a large number of product variations. This could be easily solved by providing an option to display 10, or 25 products per page. Currently, the Products page only has options for 100, 250, or 500 products per page.

We used to view 500 products per page with no problems. Then we added shoes to our catalog, which have a large number of variations. For example, one parent sku may be available in 10 different sizes and 6 different colors for a total of 60 variations. This slowed…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. "Your Packaging": lots of package types but no good way to assign them

We use lots of different packaging for our products: polys, bubbles, and boxes each with their own sizes. Since we deal with so many products it is hard for our shippers to keep track of which type of packaging to use for a some products. Currently, ShipStation allows "Your Packaging" to be set for each product as the default packaging--exactly what we want. However, this is only available by going to each product individually in the user interface and setting it manually. Add in that we have 4000 different products that we ship regularly and you begin to see our…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base