Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option To Display Fewer Products

We discovered that the Products page does not load quickly for companies with a large number of product variations. This could be easily solved by providing an option to display 10, or 25 products per page. Currently, the Products page only has options for 100, 250, or 500 products per page.

We used to view 500 products per page with no problems. Then we added shoes to our catalog, which have a large number of variations. For example, one parent sku may be available in 10 different sizes and 6 different colors for a total of 60 variations. This slowed…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Brand Column

Ability to define a 'Brand' for the product. Makes it easier to distinguish what each product is. It would be great if these were pulled in from Shopify, etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Co-packing items for shipments (multi)

In a nutshell, we have 5 custom boxes made to co-pack our multi piece shipments. So, if there are approximately 40 items that are co-packed, is there a way to set up rules that will put A+A, A+B, A+C, and so on into Box 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5? Simply, how to put a cube value to each box, and have the system tell us that a specific order of 6 pieces will be 3 of Box 1, for example.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Deduct Inventory for imported FBA orders.

I sell via Amazon FBA, eBay, and my own website. I have all the orders piped into ShipStation so I can see all the data in one place. I'd like to be able to track my entire inventory though SS but the FBA imported orders don't deduct from the inventory numbers, even when I use channel specific SKUs, Store Aliases, and an FBA specific warehouse to deduct from.

After talking with customer support, I'm told this is because FBA orders are imported as already shipped. Whereas if they came in as "Awaiting Shipment" I could get them to deduct from…

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow UPCs to be pulled into manual stores

Allow UPCs to be pulled in to manual orders for manual stores

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Update/Remove tags from products

Product Import Updating - Tags

It is currently possible to ADD a tag to a product via CSV update, however, you cannot UPDATE or REMOVE tags from products via CSV update. The only way to remove a product tag currently is to do so manually, very inneffective when working with a large number of SKU's.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. view inventory by warehouse location

Would love to be able to sort and see what's available in stock by warehouse location, instead of only by product SKU.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bulk Import Carrier Information on Product Import csv

Currently you can import the weight and dimensions of an item but not its carrier. The only way to change a product's carrier is by searching for the individual product in the product database and changing it's carrier one-by-one for every product. Specifying a carrier for all your products will take a lot of time.
    Using a csv product import for the carrier would save a lot of time which is valuable to us all.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add apply changes to all items on product page

Add apply changes to all items on product page

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Barcodes for Warehouse Locations

I think it would be helpful to have a feature where you can add barcodes for a product's warehouse location(s).

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Verify Addresses with UPS API Data not USPS

We shipped 3,000 boxes in Dec 2019. We worked through all the yellow and orange address issues. Then, we were slapped with thousands in UPS Address Corrections. When further researching, most of the addresses were "green" in Shipstation - where the address verification tool said the addresses were correct. UPS said many of the zip codes were wrong. If we are using UPS in Shipstation, we need a way to verify addresses through UPS ... not the postal service.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Importing Product Templates from the Marketplace into Manual Orders

Hello,

I get a fair amount of orders through email and payments through PayPal that never actually enter the marketplace (woocommerce) that I use. Because of this I end up creating manual orders often enough that I've begun to feel like my process is very inefficient.

All of the products ordered through my website automatically come in through the marketplace with pictures, weights, and names already attached to them. All these saved templates are in my marketplace and have been entered manually. I was really hoping there was a way to connect my marketplace product templates to Shipstation in a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Tagging / Segmenting by unique order item configurations

We had a large amount of orders that we needed to ship out in a 48 hour period. The customers only had 3 products to choose from and they could order up to 3 items of any combination of those three. We want to batch print each combination so that we can streamline fulfillment and are having trouble doing so with tags or automation rules. There doesnt seem to be a straightforward way to do it and SS support hasn't been able to supply a good strategy. For example, an order that contained two of product A and one of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add the same detail to the Shipping services as the Standalone product detail shipping tab

Combine or at least make the Shipping Services information the same as the Standalone Product Detail shipping tab.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Internal Product ID Column Option When Viewing Products

This change is simple. I shouldn't have to write code to get the list of product IDs for the products I add. It should be available on the standard product dashboard. So, when I view the list of products, you have a Columns feature already there. I can turn on/off columns I want to see. All I'm asking for is that you add one called Product ID or Internal Product ID or Developer Product ID (whatever you want to call it) so that I can view that and change my source code's config file with the new product.

I've already…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create locations by csv

Create locations by csv will be helpful when u have more than 3000 locations in your warehouse I think that will improve the process a lot

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. ShipStation app in BigCommerce Product Sync!

The "Products" tab of the Ship Station app in Big Commerce should have an additional button option that allows users to sync product changes made within BC to populate into SS. The button would be right next to: "Import | Export | Update" (the "Update" is my suggestion). This would trigger the same "product import" that occurs when a user initially sets up the SS app in BigCommerce. It would offer a warning to the user that all product data would be synched with the product data found in BC, updating all SKUs in ShipStation. I am surprised that this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Provide option to add package dimensions and weights at variant level

We have setup each SKU as 1-pack, 2-pack and 12-packs variants. We also have a package defined for the 12-pack. It would be conveinent to define the dimensions of the package and weight at the 12-pack variant level. At the time of order creation, as we add many 12-pack variants across SKUs, it should add multiple 12 pack packages to the order. Right now there is way either to process this using an automation rule or product / shipping presets to quickly process orders. This is possible only through a manual entry. Imagine an order with 12 SKUs with varying…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Products > Stand Alone Product Detail > Shipping > Check Box (Combine Packages)

We mainly sell and ship boxes, when customer order more than one unit of same products or other products, shipstation combine weight of all products in one package, we like a setting in product where we can choose to not combine, so we can see multiple packages

Products > Stand Alone Product Detail > Shipping > Combine Packages (Check Box, by default checked)

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Stock Level Add/Minus CSV Excel Import

Currently the inventory CSV excel import only allows you to replace the current inventory stock at hand. We would like it to be a similar feature to Linnworks where if I put +1, it'll add one stock and if I put -1 it'll remove one stock.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base