Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. select multiple products at once, add to the same warehouse location

It would be great if you could add a button that would allow you to select multiple products at once and add them to the same warehouse location. Instead of clicking them individually.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Include Preset Group column for Product Export CSV File

Applying preset groups (current and new) to products can only be performed inside the Shipstation interface. We feel it would be more time-saving if the export product CSV file contained a column attribute for Preset Group. This would do wonders for our product mapping at our organization. Yes, there is one for Category but why not one for Preset Group?

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Automation Rules with "OR" criteria

Allow for "or" in automation rules. You currently have to create multiple rules instead of one rule to accomplish the same thing.

For example, I want to flag all express shipping.
    There are three ways this shows up: If the shipping service contains "Next", "Express", or is mapped to a particular express service.

I want the automation rule to tag orders that meet any of these criteria. Its not the end of the world, but to do this, I had to make three separate rules.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please allow the option to ignore blank fields in product imports

Here's what I want to be able to do as we are mapping our warehouse. I want to use a list of skus (that would be downloaded from my inventory management) and copy them on to an import for SS. I need only to update Name and Warehouse location and I do not want to corrupt any other data. After chatting with support I am told this is currently not possible.

Easy fix: Either allow us to delete comlumns we don't want to change or allow us to ignore blank fields and only overwrite fields that are filled out upon…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Could you please show picture of product in product window?

It would be shown in the product standalone window under general. This will help in better identifying the product to users who are not familiar with the product. Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please Create a Way to Click on the Failed Allocation Message in Order to See Details

Please Please Please read this:

I've been struggling with quikship for months and the only way to get it to work correctly without orders getting stuck in processing limbo is to allocate my orders. I allocate them all at once by clicking to allocate all orders that are awaiting shipment. This has been working well, but now I've hit another snag. I recently clicked to allocate and had an order fail. I figured that I'd be able to click on the failed order notification to see the details, but that was not an option. The only way to go about…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Julie Knerr Piano Safari, thanks for taking the time to share this! I see Joe’s helped you out some already. I’d also like to add there is an “Allocation Status” filter right above your list of orders. It’s located with the other filters below the “New Order” button. You’ll be able to find the unallocated orders that way, too.

We’re working on improving inventory, so we’ll let you know when we have updates for you, or you can follow up with your open ticket .

7. Be able to add and remove inventory with a barcode scanner

Should add a feature where we could scan the barcodes of the items we get in for inventory and scan them again when shipping to remove it from inventory. This would increase inventory management effectiveness.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Inventory quantity used as criteria for automation

If a seller has multiple warehouse locations, add functionality to allow automation rules based on out of stock levels. If I have no stock in CA then the item needs to be fulfilled by NC location.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Push stock count from BigCommerce into ShipStation

Please make it possible to adjust inventory from BigCommerce to ShipStation. This would keep inventory current instead of requiring us to manually increase the stock count when additional stock is purchased or a customer returns an item. As it stands, the only thing ShipStation does is reduce inventory from a stock amount that is manually put into ShipStation.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Automated scheduled product import from current running eBay/Amazon listings via API

Would love to see Shipstation do scheduled imports of products from current listings on eBay/Amazon automatically via the APIs.

We list dozens of one-off products a day. Currently Shipstation only imports when something is sold, or via CSV. Creating products manually or via CSV is tedious and redundant. We would love to be able to enter warehouse storage locations for products shortly after listing, so pick lists actually work when we get orders.

We are currently using Sixbit purely for storage locations and pick lists, as it does offer the capability via the API's. We will close our Sixbit account…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow SKU aliases in Quickbooks Online Integration

It's great that you guys have implemented the SKU alias feature in product management. Given that some selling channels (e.g. Amazon) impose their own SKU configuration, those who use multiple sales channels often are unable to keep SKUs consistent across those channels.

As we prepare to integrate ShipStation with Quickbooks Online, it would be a HUGE value-add for us if there were an option in the integration to respect SKU aliases for orders exported to QBO. Without this, we will be creating orders in QBO using different SKUs for the same product on different orders depending on channel.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Search for ALL products EXCLUDING specified categories

I would like to search for ALL products EXCLUDING specified categories

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Co-packing items for shipments (multi)

In a nutshell, we have 5 custom boxes made to co-pack our multi piece shipments. So, if there are approximately 40 items that are co-packed, is there a way to set up rules that will put A+A, A+B, A+C, and so on into Box 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5? Simply, how to put a cube value to each box, and have the system tell us that a specific order of 6 pieces will be 3 of Box 1, for example.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Deduct Inventory for imported FBA orders.

I sell via Amazon FBA, eBay, and my own website. I have all the orders piped into ShipStation so I can see all the data in one place. I'd like to be able to track my entire inventory though SS but the FBA imported orders don't deduct from the inventory numbers, even when I use channel specific SKUs, Store Aliases, and an FBA specific warehouse to deduct from.

After talking with customer support, I'm told this is because FBA orders are imported as already shipped. Whereas if they came in as "Awaiting Shipment" I could get them to deduct from…

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. "Receive" Returns

Add a Process to "Receive" Returns and Add Information About Returned Product Condition

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow UPCs to be pulled into manual stores

Allow UPCs to be pulled in to manual orders for manual stores

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Update/Remove tags from products

Product Import Updating - Tags

It is currently possible to ADD a tag to a product via CSV update, however, you cannot UPDATE or REMOVE tags from products via CSV update. The only way to remove a product tag currently is to do so manually, very inneffective when working with a large number of SKU's.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. view inventory by warehouse location

Would love to be able to sort and see what's available in stock by warehouse location, instead of only by product SKU.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bulk Import Carrier Information on Product Import csv

Currently you can import the weight and dimensions of an item but not its carrier. The only way to change a product's carrier is by searching for the individual product in the product database and changing it's carrier one-by-one for every product. Specifying a carrier for all your products will take a lot of time.
    Using a csv product import for the carrier would save a lot of time which is valuable to us all.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base