Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sales Reports

For businesses looking to streamline their workflows and test viability of certain products in their marketplace, a report including sales by SKU along with the corresponding cost of shipment would be highly valuable. This way we can segment by SKU and see what the average shipping costs are by product. There is no one report that has all of this data now.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Bulk order update upon product import

Currently the ability to apply product data updates/changes to existing orders only exists when you are making changes to individual products. It would be extremely valuable for this feature to also be available for product imports, for example when updating warehouse location through a bulk product import and having those changes be reflected in current orders in the queue.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. API: Return product aliases

As an API user I would like to be able to have the aliases field filled with the aliases I have in the system.

It would be nice to set and get those aliases using the API.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Automation Rule to Add Line Items

Hello my dear ShipStation friends. We ship for 40+ companies who use ShipStation. A tool that would be EXTREMELY beneficial for us, is the ability to add a line item if someone orders a specific item. Adding a note to the order just doesn't cut it for our inventory management system.

For example,

If SKU = [example SKU A], then add a line item for [example SKU B]

As a fulfillment center, we keep track of inventory in a management system that tracks them by line items. Our clients then pull inventory from our system. However, say a company has…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. select multiple products at once, add to the same warehouse location

It would be great if you could add a button that would allow you to select multiple products at once and add them to the same warehouse location. Instead of clicking them individually.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Include Preset Group column for Product Export CSV File

Applying preset groups (current and new) to products can only be performed inside the Shipstation interface. We feel it would be more time-saving if the export product CSV file contained a column attribute for Preset Group. This would do wonders for our product mapping at our organization. Yes, there is one for Category but why not one for Preset Group?

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow SKU aliases in Quickbooks Online Integration

It's great that you guys have implemented the SKU alias feature in product management. Given that some selling channels (e.g. Amazon) impose their own SKU configuration, those who use multiple sales channels often are unable to keep SKUs consistent across those channels.

As we prepare to integrate ShipStation with Quickbooks Online, it would be a HUGE value-add for us if there were an option in the integration to respect SKU aliases for orders exported to QBO. Without this, we will be creating orders in QBO using different SKUs for the same product on different orders depending on channel.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Scan Kit Items

We offer several products that are kits. They include two or more of our SKUs to make up the kit. When we go to scan the kit SKU, there needs to be a function that allows certain SKUS to come in as an umbrella that can be “Verified” by scanning all dependent components.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please allow the option to ignore blank fields in product imports

Here's what I want to be able to do as we are mapping our warehouse. I want to use a list of skus (that would be downloaded from my inventory management) and copy them on to an import for SS. I need only to update Name and Warehouse location and I do not want to corrupt any other data. After chatting with support I am told this is currently not possible.

Easy fix: Either allow us to delete comlumns we don't want to change or allow us to ignore blank fields and only overwrite fields that are filled out upon…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Could you please show picture of product in product window?

It would be shown in the product standalone window under general. This will help in better identifying the product to users who are not familiar with the product. Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please Create a Way to Click on the Failed Allocation Message in Order to See Details

Please Please Please read this:

I've been struggling with quikship for months and the only way to get it to work correctly without orders getting stuck in processing limbo is to allocate my orders. I allocate them all at once by clicking to allocate all orders that are awaiting shipment. This has been working well, but now I've hit another snag. I recently clicked to allocate and had an order fail. I figured that I'd be able to click on the failed order notification to see the details, but that was not an option. The only way to go about…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Julie Knerr Piano Safari, thanks for taking the time to share this! I see Joe’s helped you out some already. I’d also like to add there is an “Allocation Status” filter right above your list of orders. It’s located with the other filters below the “New Order” button. You’ll be able to find the unallocated orders that way, too.

We’re working on improving inventory, so we’ll let you know when we have updates for you, or you can follow up with your open ticket .

12. Be able to add and remove inventory with a barcode scanner

Should add a feature where we could scan the barcodes of the items we get in for inventory and scan them again when shipping to remove it from inventory. This would increase inventory management effectiveness.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Inventory quantity used as criteria for automation

If a seller has multiple warehouse locations, add functionality to allow automation rules based on out of stock levels. If I have no stock in CA then the item needs to be fulfilled by NC location.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bulk edit country of origin and HS Code without CSV

We are having a lot of issues with HS codes and Country of origin as we cannot edit them in bulk. Even when we tried CSV we could not do it as we had products in Arabic and CSV changes it to random symbols. They should both be able to be bulk edited from ship-station with 3 steps.
    1. Select products you want to edit.
    2.Input HS code or country of origin
    3. Save.

I feel that it would help everyone immensely

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Folders for Products

I would love to be able to organize our hundreds of products by having the ability to create folders

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Alias update

Can we update alias filed using Shipstation API?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. "Receive" Returns

Add a Process to "Receive" Returns and Add Information About Returned Product Condition

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Push stock count from BigCommerce into ShipStation

Please make it possible to adjust inventory from BigCommerce to ShipStation. This would keep inventory current instead of requiring us to manually increase the stock count when additional stock is purchased or a customer returns an item. As it stands, the only thing ShipStation does is reduce inventory from a stock amount that is manually put into ShipStation.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Automated scheduled product import from current running eBay/Amazon listings via API

Would love to see Shipstation do scheduled imports of products from current listings on eBay/Amazon automatically via the APIs.

We list dozens of one-off products a day. Currently Shipstation only imports when something is sold, or via CSV. Creating products manually or via CSV is tedious and redundant. We would love to be able to enter warehouse storage locations for products shortly after listing, so pick lists actually work when we get orders.

We are currently using Sixbit purely for storage locations and pick lists, as it does offer the capability via the API's. We will close our Sixbit account…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base