Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow the API method /orders/markasshipped to reduce inventory

Are you able to change the API call /orders/markasshipped to reduce inventory levels in Shipstation based on the items on the order? When an order is shipped, the item quantities on the order should be decremented since those items have been physically shipped from another system. The fact that this is not done may be a bug as this is a fairly common use case. You could even add a Boolean (true/false) parameter to the method call signalling if inventory should be deducted or not.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

2. We need A Picture as Proof of Delivery

I ship most of my packages using the post office, and in the last 6 months there has been a significant increase in customers complaining that they never received their package and they said that they did receive a delivery confirmation email. I don't know if they are lying or not, but as most of my packages are shipped through Amazon, I get screwed every time this happens. Amazon always takes the customer's word, and they don't care about the delivery confirmation. I have suggested to the post office that they do what UPS has started doing - taking a…

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Syncing products with inventory

There needs to be a way to sync "Products" with "Inventory". All of our item locations are in Inventory but not Products and there's no way to sync them. This means our packing slips don't show locations. We have many hundreds of items and now no way of displaying where they are stored. Can this be added?? This is enough to make us look for another shipping program!

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Development is under way to include Inventory Locations on Packing Slips for allocated shipments in V3 and cleanup the legacy “Warehouse Location” field on the Product record, which causes confusion and pre-dates the inventory system.

4. Notification Email for low stock

Currently the only way to get notifications for any low stock or no stock items is through Shipstation.

I would be nice to be able to set up an automation rule to send an email notifying users that something is low stock when it hits the threshold.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. WooCommerce gift note import

WooCommerce has a "This is a gift" feature visible during checkout, a lot like Amazon. Amazon orders import gift notes automatically, but WooCommerce gift notes are not imported, at least not to the "gift note" field. It would be great if it were possible to import data straight into the gift note field from WooCommerce.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Track Value of Inventory

I'd like to see a way to value my entire inventory for reporting purposes. Just a simple report that can take the input value of every item times the number of items and report how much your total inventory is worth.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. product import

Product Updating Import

I notice when I need to import product updates I needed to import the whole file again with all the data. When you have a lot of products this is very time consuming. Because the import files need to be broke down into smaller files and imported one at a time to get the data imported.

Suggestion would be to have it so you can import just the headers needed. E.g. if you needed to import a tag you could create a file of just SKU and Tag1 in the header. When this file is imported it…

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Email notification when someone creates a return label

It would be nice to know if someone is returning an item. That way you can be on the lookout for it.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Automate SKUs to have tags

We would like to automate orders with multiple items to be tagged.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for that description @Amanda!

I checked into your account and it looks like you’re currently going about this using Automation Rules which does not allow for multi-item order application.

As an alternate workflow, you can export your products via CSV, add in the tags for which products you’d like, and re-import. (You can search NTP in the Products page search field to bring up only those products for a smaller export.)

This will allow tags to be applied to these products even with multi-item orders.

Please let me know if this helps!

10. Products mobile

Product Management, Same as is in Desktop version

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. FedEx International Mail Service Add with No Tracking Number Option

I saw the old closed thread on FedEx International Mail Service. I see there is a lot of interest in having this service work with Shipstation and rightfully so. I hope a full integration is in the works, but I believe a work around can be implemented now.

My suggestion for now is to allow the FIMS orders to ship while uploading a ship notification to the marketplaces WITHOUT the invalid tracking numbers shipstatin is creating now. It would be far better to show the orders as simply shipped without listing any tracking information than as it is now with…

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add category column to inventory

Could you please add "Category" as a column to select on the Inventory Page (exactly as it shows in Products page)?

We have multiple categories of products and need to search/view inventory by category.

It will be very helpful to find out each product!

Many thanks in advance.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. API - Product Update - Bulk Method

Hi Guys,

Would be cool if we will have a bulk method to update products via the API.
    We have around 500,000 SKUs to update, but are forced to send a single Product object every call.

Not only that is a really slow process, we also overload the limits which effect order updates and tracking imports.

The bulk method for Orders works like a charm, would love to see Products taking an array as well.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Automatically apply different Harmonization Codes, based on destination country

My product (books) uses the same first 6 digits (4901.99) no matter the destination country, but each country has a variation of what comes after that, including nothing, 99, 00, and several other variations. Since we've had product rated as different sub-classifications in the past, and charged different customs costs as a result, we manually classify each outbound international shipment with a code specific to the destination country. It would be incredibly beneficial to be able to pre-program this to be automated for all new international shipments.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Suggest having a field in ShipStation UI and Back end to save cost of products.

Right now there is a "defaultCost" field on the API that is not saving the data. I suggest having a field in ShipStation UI and Back end to save the cost of products. This is VERY useful for being able to pull the most accurate reports for COGS. We are working with a 3rd party for reporting from ship station, and the field is there for them to pull the data from, however nothing is being saved there so the field is not usable. Would be very useful to have this field turned on.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Automation Rules with "OR" criteria

Allow for "or" in automation rules. You currently have to create multiple rules instead of one rule to accomplish the same thing.

For example, I want to flag all express shipping.
    There are three ways this shows up: If the shipping service contains "Next", "Express", or is mapped to a particular express service.

I want the automation rule to tag orders that meet any of these criteria. Its not the end of the world, but to do this, I had to make three separate rules.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Multiple product images

Having the option to add multiple image URLs for products in the product detail page.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Search for ALL products EXCLUDING specified categories

I would like to search for ALL products EXCLUDING specified categories

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Search products by barcode

Under products, the ability to search by barcode would be very useful. Right now, only Name, SKU, and Warehouse location are.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As part of the Scan to Verify Shipment Items project, we’ll be adding support for searching by UPC in the Products and Inventory grids. If you use a hand held scanner you’d be able to scan the UPC into the search field until we implement a “scan to view product” type function.

20. Sort or filter inventory based on Jet status

Inventory items have a Jet section and in that section there are details about the status, such as "Available for purchase", "excluded", "Under Jet review", "Multipack inventory error", etc. This is very useful information to help ensure all of our inventory is on Jet, but there is no way to see this status except opening every product and looking under the Jet tab. There needs to be a way to view all products with a certain status, or at least a sortable column that shows the message. This would allow for better upkeep on inventory to ensure the most products…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base